Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Death Note Guild
The true beginning of Light's misfortune.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kira Skellington

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:22 pm
Now I am admittedly too lazy to go back and check the specific episode , but I believe it to be episode 1.

In episode 1 Light Yagami tests the Death Note by killing the first criminal he happened to see on TV. Light becomes scared, but he tests it on a second criminal to see if it was truly a coincidence.

Here is where things get interesting. If you have a good memory you may have noticed that he wrote the mans name in 13 possible spellings.

1. If a Death Note owner accidentally misspells a name four times, that person will be free from being killed by the Death Note. However, if they intentionally misspell the name four times, the Death Note owner will die.

That is one of the few rules introduced later in the series. Now factoring in this rule Light must have spelled it correctly within the first four of those thirteen spellings.

The creator of Death Note described Light's life as "ruined" by the Death Note. Now think of what would have happened had Light not gotten the correct spelling within the first four attempts. He may have very well thrown out the Note, thinking of the first kill as pure coincidence.

His life would not have been ruined. It is pretty cool when you think about it. The odds are very bad that he would have gotten the correct spelling within the first four try's. Light Yagami was doomed to failure the second he got that slim chance.

Anyway this is just something interesting to think about. Share your thoughts and whatnot if you want to.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:41 pm
That is very interesting, Sir. I would have never thought of it myself. A keen eye you have there xD There were so many rules to the Death Note's usage, most of them very basic in nature though, that I found it taxing to read then all. I could never wish to remember them o_O  

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

Ocku

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:29 am
I noticed that too. O.o  
Death Note Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items