Welcome to Gaia! ::

The World Mosaic

Back to Guilds

We discuss a variety of things including but not limited to: other cultures, foreign language learning, teaching and conversation. 

Tags: World, Culture, Languages, Foreign, International 

Reply The World Mosaic
Who lives in your house? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sleeping Doll

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:16 pm
Just my parents+me. I'm an only child.

...oh, there's also two fishes. They ate my pretty black fish that was 5 years old. I'd like to poke them with a stick stare

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 pm
LeBookworm
In Vietnam: My grandparents, all their children, their children's spouses, their grandchildren, and several dogs.

SouthEastAsia: Same here, in most Asian countries I've been in, the whole entire family stick together. Not exactly in one house but it's like their small little community with a few huts around the main building.

Cambodian Family: Everyone stuck together, keep each other safe and study together. Ironic.

Thai Family: The adults tried their hardest to keep their siblings at a decent distance. Apparently, they normally have tension in the family.

Vietnamese family: I found them to be a very decent family when I was still living with them. It was both parents, their two daughters, and myself. Sure Mom and Dad rarely got to see each other due to work, but they tried to make the best for their kids, putting them through private school to boot.

Second Cambodian Family: My parents were actually the in laws of my aunt from my real family and they weren't very kind. Their kids were terribly raised; always back talking, not nearly as disciplined as myself, going out whenever he or she liked, did horrible things such as drugs and drinking. It was a drunk mother and a gambling addicted father with four gangster boys and two abusive girls.

Mexican Family
: I love them. They're a little corrupted but very kind people. A single mom with three kids, her little sister, and her mom.

I rant.

DaisukeBabi

A I J I N Incubus

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:55 am
User Image

In California :: My mother, me, and my three cats (Loki, Karma, and Taiko).

In New York :: My grandmother

In Connecticut :: My uncle, aunt, and three cousins.

In Arizona :: My uncle, aunt, and cousin.

Across the US :: My various cousins O___o;.

In Berlin, Germany :: My uncle, aunt, and five cousins.

Except, my uncle in Germany just recently moved back to the US (after living in Germany for 30 years!) to take care of my grandmother, and he brought two of my cousins with him.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 6:53 pm
I live with 2 cats, a talking bird, my mom, and my sis which is pretty average I think. (for America)  

Midnight.Luna.Star

RubyLight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:57 pm
Midnight.Luna.Star
I live with 2 cats, a talking bird, my mom, and my sis which is pretty average I think. (for America)

Yeah, its kind of peaceful after moving around so much and staying with extended family members.
(Midnight.Luna.Star is my younger sibling. 3nodding )  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:26 pm
I bounce around between three different houses. This is perhaps a little odd, because most people around here with multiple homes have divorced parents and go back and fourth between their mother and father... Anyhow, here's the breakdown:

Sitto's house- Grandmother, sometimes my uncle (plus cat and dog).
Mother's house- Just mother (when she's home, which isn't often) and her cat.
Cousin's apartment - Cousin, roommate, two cats.

My grandmother and mother live within about 5 miles of each other, so I go back and forth between them very frequently. Both are very near to my school, so I stay at both about equally on week nights.

My cousin's apartment is about 20 miles from the other two, so when I am there I tend to stay put for longer stretches and I have to give my school schedule some consideration (IE: I don't tend to sleep there when I have a 7 AM class the next morning, and I don't usually drive there after a class that runs until 10 at night).  

lili of the lamplight

An Unknown Kunoichi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:33 am
In Australia:
~ Mum's: Me, my half-bro, mum, step-dad.
~ Dad's: My half-sis, dad, step-mum, step-mum's mum.
~ My paternal grandparents live independently here as well.

In Portugal:
~ My maternal grandfather's youngest sister and her family. (She is the same age as my mum, and her daughter is the same age as my half-bro)

In France/Italy:
~ Various other relatives, all from my mum's side.

In Brazil:
~ My maternal grandfather's second youngest brother and his family.

In China:
~ Everyone else. >.<

Confused yet? >< Yeah, I love my extended family. :3 It gets very interesting. Especially when I'm older than most people in the generation before-hand.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:18 am
I live with my dad, my grandpa, and my pets. smile  

Mary Tyler Moore

Miyalara

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 pm
I live currently with my mother. My brother usually lives in this house as well but he is in college a bit further north from where we live and therefore lives in a small apartment outside of the university.

We also have two dogs Rex and Gizmo. Rex is a Chow-Chow mixed with a husky and he is adorable and Gizzy is a jack-russel terrier mixed with a dalmation. She is a spaz but she is adorable as well...when she wants to be.

Well, it would be acceptable if I wasn't 22. Most kids in America move out of their parents' house when they are 18-20 so I get looked down upon a lot by my co-workers for this but I am moving out at the end of this year and into an apartment with my two best-friends and that is acceptable...I think.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:59 am
My family is a very mixed white and latin family. I live at home with my family since i'm still underage and in high school.

We have strong latin influences from our Italian side, since it was passed down through my great grandmother who basically raised her four kids, and half raised my Mami and my Nay-Nay (auntie).

For the past 8 years it has been me, my mommy, Nay-Nay, and my mother's fiance.

But recently my little sister was born, she's about 3 years old.  

Bellalisa

The World Mosaic

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces