Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.
Anime versus Manga ending (Spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manga or Anime ending?
  Manga
  Anime
View Results

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:19 am
This forum seems to be dead as of lately so I thought I would post something and see who responds.
I've noticed a few differences between the ending to Death Note in the anime than from the original manga ending. For example, in the manga Light never escapes the warehouse to run down the street. He rather meets his demise right there in the building. Would anyone like to give me their opinions?
I've also noticed various director's cut endings to the anime that the manga does not include. I personally favor the end to the Death Note manga.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:06 pm
I think the anime ending is more forgiving towards Light. The manga is cold realism, completely bringing Light down. The anime has a more bittersweet quality.

That said, I really can't choose which ending I prefer. I like them both a lot.

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

Aya und Wolf

Inquisitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:25 pm
-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-
I think the anime ending is more forgiving towards Light. The manga is cold realism, completely bringing Light down. The anime has a more bittersweet quality.

That said, I really can't choose which ending I prefer. I like them both a lot.

I agree, they are both good endings.  
[ANIME] - A place exclusively for the DN anime. Post anime-related threads here.

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games