Submit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:23 pm
Muroki growled happily and softly, a deep rumble in his throat, as he watched his people spread out. He and his wolf-bonded had just finished the dawn prayer on the island and as always the priests of life and of death, and some of the others, had risen to join them. They waded through the lake back to the shore and went about their business. Kainda was off in one direction, intent on catching up with a friend. Macheo and Tesni wandered off into the blossoming reeds talking as they went, Takasika, shaking the damp out his pale fur, padded serenely off in another.

Everywhere Muroki looked another of the Dawnwalkers was there. It was such a heartening sight.

Soa watched her sister and her bonded separate from the rest of them following the morning prayer, and not for the first time found herself warring with a slightly jealous pang. It wasn't as bad as when they'd been younger, but still it stung a bit. Soa wasn't even really sure WHY she felt the way that she did. She was happy for her sister and for Macheo, who had been nothing but a good friend and playmate to -all- of the girls, but for some reason seeing them off together always left her with this strange feeling of being empty inside.

Sighing quietly she tore her eyes away from the disappearing figures, and instead found them landing on her father. Their mother was coming up on his side and brushed her body along the length of his playfully, still damp, of course, and passing that on then to him. With a grin and a short giggle the queen made sure to get a bit of distance before he could retaliate, only pausing to smile at their daughter.

"Soa... no plans for today...?"

She sounded a bit surprised, but it was gentle, as always.

Soa quickly wiped the dejected look from her eyes and put on a grin, shaking her head. "Nah. I figured I'd just wing it today, mom. Who knows..." She rolled her shoulders a few times, smirking a bit lazily. "Maybe I'll go catch a nap, or see if I can't hang out with Aunt Laini. The day's an open scroll!"

"Hmm..." Johari smiled softly and approached, briefly grooming Soa's ear. "Just make sure you're back in time for lunch today. You have a habit of 'napping' right through meals." She teased affectionately, then glanced back at Muroki. "I'm going to see how Safiya's doing with the cubs. Muroki, I'll see you back at the den?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:08 pm
“I’ll see you later beloved.” Muroki smiled and nodded to his departing queen, before turning golden eyes to their daughter. It’d be good to spend a day with her, if she wished to. He’d got the day off to a fine start so far and it was a day where he could take the time. No special rites, no need to teach anything and the hunters had brought back food just yesterday…yes, Matifu and Takasika could easily run things today. He’d been meaning to take a trip up to the tombs but he could replan that for another day. For now –

“Soa, would you care to spend the day with me, if you have no plans?”  

Successful Edit

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:07 pm
She watched her mother go, then looked to her father, purring.

"Of course, daddy." She smiled, moving to rub her head against his, ready to follow his lead. This was good, maybe she could ask... "Dad... when do you think I might meet my bonded...? Do you think I have one out there?"

She winced, not having intended for that to come off so unsure, but it was out there now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:16 pm
"Your bonded? Perhaps next time Kainda or one of the others have puppies, or perhaps another wolf will return here." He'd been surprised by her question but was quick to reply and nuzzle her reassuringly.

"If you've inherited the gift of my father's family, which if you long for a bonded you likely have, you'll find one. Or they'll find you." He didn't mention that Kainda had lost puppies when she whelped Macheo and Akinyi. If they'd have lived, perhaps Soa and Jani would have bonded by now.

"Did you know we're some of the first royals with bonds in many generations? It was usually a hunter trait." Likely Soa had heard that one before. Muroki was proud of his hunter father as he was of his princess mother.  

Successful Edit

[IC] Abandoned Temple [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff