Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rillegas08

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:24 pm
lordstar
rillegas08
Ricette
Tamamas Ninja

1. i dont get what you mean by "the dark ages". Because theres as much, maybe even more, dark and witchcrafty stuff today as back then
2.the only reason for the rise in christianity before 2000(unfortunetly) was because for some reason,everyone thought the world would end! and since it didnt they all got disapointed and left. as simple as that
P.S. it was the dark ages back then.why? BECAUSE IT WAS DARK! NO LIGHTS!. hahaha lol bad pun
Dark Ages is a term applied to a time in the Middle Ages when, at least if you look at history, was between 476 to 1000 AD. It was basically when literature went down the toilet because of the lack of contemporary literature and the abundance of literature from time past.

Now it is commonly used these days to term a dark time in history when practices that were normal then seem dark and cruel to us now. In this case, the Dark Ages in reference to Christianity, that was its peak. Early Middle Ages is when religious histeria gripped Europe and anyone who was not Christian was forced into it. Inquisition was one such thing. And when the Church really ruled the lives and became the culture for that time. Hence the term in books and novels of Christendom which referred tot he world and in a sense the culture of the time. Lordstar is right. It had its peak in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, but it has been in decline since then. More and more leave the church scene each year. And witchcraft is not a bad thing. Not as bad as its been inflated to be throughout history with their paranoia that has been ingrained in us year after year.

And the reason the religion rose was when it was finally acknowledge and accepted as the main religion by Constantine and so that made it ok to be Christian and also thats when the forced conversions began that still go on to this day.

Witchcraft is not a bad thing? Why all the verses that say otherwise?
1 Samuel 15:23
2 Chronicles 33:6
Micah 5:12
Nahum 3:4
Galatians 5:19-21
So why is witchcraft not a bad thing?

the same reason shrimp are now yummy and not impure

Leviticus. You've got to love it for the discussions and debates it can cause.

Anyway, were shrimp not tasty and impure at one point? Do you mean "unclean" (and of course you do, because that's the term the Bible uses)? Shrimp, whether or not we Gentiles eat them, are still unclean to the Jews, as is pork and ham. If ham, pork, and shrimp are cooked enough, the diseases and bacteria (Salmonella, etc.) become neutralized. If a Jew were to ever come to my house for dinner, I wouldn't cook seafood, even though it's tasty. I would respect their heritage and cook an excellent beef roast. On the flip side, if a Muslim were to come to my house for dinner, I would respect his beliefs also and cook a meal that doesn't include beef, even though beef is tasty.

Much of Leviticus only applies to Israelites. Gentiles were never given restrictions on clean and unclean food. Romans 14:14 demonstrates this and what is above.

So, why is witchcraft not a bad thing?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 pm
rillegas08
lordstar
rillegas08
Ricette
Tamamas Ninja

1. i dont get what you mean by "the dark ages". Because theres as much, maybe even more, dark and witchcrafty stuff today as back then
2.the only reason for the rise in christianity before 2000(unfortunetly) was because for some reason,everyone thought the world would end! and since it didnt they all got disapointed and left. as simple as that
P.S. it was the dark ages back then.why? BECAUSE IT WAS DARK! NO LIGHTS!. hahaha lol bad pun
Dark Ages is a term applied to a time in the Middle Ages when, at least if you look at history, was between 476 to 1000 AD. It was basically when literature went down the toilet because of the lack of contemporary literature and the abundance of literature from time past.

Now it is commonly used these days to term a dark time in history when practices that were normal then seem dark and cruel to us now. In this case, the Dark Ages in reference to Christianity, that was its peak. Early Middle Ages is when religious histeria gripped Europe and anyone who was not Christian was forced into it. Inquisition was one such thing. And when the Church really ruled the lives and became the culture for that time. Hence the term in books and novels of Christendom which referred tot he world and in a sense the culture of the time. Lordstar is right. It had its peak in the Dark Ages and Middle Ages, but it has been in decline since then. More and more leave the church scene each year. And witchcraft is not a bad thing. Not as bad as its been inflated to be throughout history with their paranoia that has been ingrained in us year after year.

And the reason the religion rose was when it was finally acknowledge and accepted as the main religion by Constantine and so that made it ok to be Christian and also thats when the forced conversions began that still go on to this day.

Witchcraft is not a bad thing? Why all the verses that say otherwise?
1 Samuel 15:23
2 Chronicles 33:6
Micah 5:12
Nahum 3:4
Galatians 5:19-21
So why is witchcraft not a bad thing?

the same reason shrimp are now yummy and not impure

Leviticus. You've got to love it for the discussions and debates it can cause.

Anyway, were shrimp not tasty and impure at one point? Do you mean "unclean" (and of course you do, because that's the term the Bible uses)? Shrimp, whether or not we Gentiles eat them, are still unclean to the Jews, as is pork and ham. If ham, pork, and shrimp are cooked enough, the diseases and bacteria (Salmonella, etc.) become neutralized. If a Jew were to ever come to my house for dinner, I wouldn't cook seafood, even though it's tasty. I would respect their heritage and cook an excellent beef roast. On the flip side, if a Muslim were to come to my house for dinner, I would respect his beliefs also and cook a meal that doesn't include beef, even though beef is tasty.

Much of Leviticus only applies to Israelites. Gentiles were never given restrictions on clean and unclean food. Romans 14:14 demonstrates this and what is above.

So, why is witchcraft not a bad thing?

too much reading and not enough thinking mate

you have identified why restictions on foods were put into place (because of bacteria and such) but people back then didn't know anything about bacteria

there were simple observations made
people who ate pork or shelfish got sick
and thus it must be bad to eat those foods

it is amazing what laws are made out of ignorence
however it is even more amazing how those laws are perpetuated even after the problem has been fixed

simply said
the popular way to deal with things so misunderstood was to ban them
and no bible verse will chage this fact  

lordstar

Advice

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items