Faith Fairy

Crew

Blessed Fairy

9,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:45 am
There are some parts of your body which God gave you for pleasure but are "private." This means for use only in privacy with someone who is "one" with you, that is someone to whom you are married. (as for legal definition of marriage, just go with the context in which you live, for me in the US there are quite definite laws about what makes people "married"). If you are not married to the person with whom you are sharing that most private part of you, then you commit a sin against God's plan for your deepest pleasures.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 9:01 am
Faith Fairy
There are some parts of your body which God gave you for pleasure but are "private." This means for use only in privacy with someone who is "one" with you, that is someone to whom you are married. (as for legal definition of marriage, just go with the context in which you live, for me in the US there are quite definite laws about what makes people "married"). If you are not married to the person with whom you are sharing that most private part of you, then you commit a sin against God's plan for your deepest pleasures.

Thank you, lol  

Y i J u

Beloved Smoker

7,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Popular Thread 100

LadyAlina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:07 pm
Hi guys! I've got some scripture verses dealing with the idea of premarital sex. From the scriptures, God does not approve of pre-marital sex. Sexual intimacy is to be part of the husband-wife relationship. Hebrews 13:4 reads, "Let marriage be held in honour among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

Sexual intimacy outside of marriage is expressively forbidden. In fact, the Scriptures teach that those who continue to practice such things are excluded from the Kingdom of God. From 1 cor 5:9-13: "Do you know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." This also shows that God disapproves of homosexuality. Notice that the passage used the phrase "what some of you were", this shows that now that we are believers in Christ, we must not subscribe to worldly views, but to subscribe to the views of God, since we are saved by Him. Hence the term, "believers".

Our body is a temple of God. From 1 cor 6: "The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body." Our bodies belong to God, and we are to keep our bodies pure for God, and not engage in sexual immorality. From 1 Cor 6:19: "Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body."  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:06 am
the bible doesnt just talk about sex. it says any sexual impurity  

Saint Angel 07

7,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

missymisa

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:22 am
IcarusDream
etchedspirit
HELLO!!! Oral sex IS sex, that's why it has the word SEX in it......yes, I do think it's wrong and it's disgusting.

Oral sex is oral sex. Vaginal sex is vaginal sex. Hay acciónes totalmente differente.

Quote:
Why the heck would you even want to put your mouth anywhere near the other person's private areas anyway???

Because it gives me pleasure to give her pleasure. Savvy?

Quote:
NASTY!!! ewwww.....gross.

Only if you're doing it before they've showered or something. You are obviously inexperienced.

Quote:
You do not need to "practice" any kind of sex.

Sex really seems to be a psychological need for many people, so I would disagree.

Quote:
You'll be perfectly fine when you get married.

Yeah, if the other person waited for marriage too. If not, you're at risk.

Quote:
It's already programed into our DNA to know how to do it so there is no need to worry.

Or need to wait.

Quote:
Abstinence is the best way to go.

Psychologically, I think it depends on the person.

Quote:
Sex creates a bond with both souls whether you want it to or not, God made it that way, and when you do stuff like that it tears away at your soul and pretty soon you'll have nothing left to offer, then what's left of you?

When does it tear away? When I'm kissing her passionately or putting the ring on her finger 6 months after our encounter or when our kid is giggling about his first toy? When?

Quote:
It's like a crappy hand-me-down, pretty soon no one will want it because it's so old, out of style and a bunch of ppl have already used it

I would hardly think that non-virgins are like crappy hand-me-downs.

ugh...whatever, I don't really like the way you think, but in my way of thinking, the only person who deserves to have me, my virginity is the person who wants to spend the rest of their life with me, not some guy who wants to have casual sex then walk out of my life forever. Many people who have sex before they get married experience a lot of hurt and pain and guilt afterwards....then again lots of people don't care. God made sex to be done between a man and his WIFE. that's it. When I said that I thought oral sex was wrong I only meant outside of a marriage, so if a married couple wants to have oral sex, then fine whatever, they are married. But not before.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:11 pm
etchedspirit
ugh...whatever, I don't really like the way you think, but in my way of thinking, the only person who deserves to have me, my virginity is the person who wants to spend the rest of their life with me, not some guy who wants to have casual sex then walk out of my life forever.

That's just fine, and my point is that people can have that sort of sex before they're married. Even if someone waits for marriage to have sex, what if they have a divorce later? The pain is the same, if not worse, than just having sex before marriage then breaking up.

Quote:
Many people who have sex before they get married experience a lot of hurt and pain and guilt afterwards....then again lots of people don't care.

Like I said, married people who waited to have sex can get hurt in similar ways afterward.

Quote:
God made sex to be done between a man and his WIFE. that's it. When I said that I thought oral sex was wrong I only meant outside of a marriage, so if a married couple wants to have oral sex, then fine whatever, they are married. But not before.

There is a lot of debate about this sort of thing, and one's beliefs are usually not based on scripture but rather tradition. And then the tradition that you have influences every interpretation of scripture that you offer. It is impossible, I think, to read the scriptures the way you present without having your traditional backgrounds.

I could argue that God made sex for the continuation of families. Why do you think that Abraham conceived Ishmael? Because Sarah was infertile at the time. He had sex outside of marriage for the preservation of his line. Once God made Sarah fertile again, he produced the familiar sons of Issac, Jacob, etc.  

IcarusDream

suki owl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:23 pm
LadyAlina
Hi guys! I've got some scripture verses dealing with the idea of premarital sex. From the scriptures, God does not approve of pre-marital sex. Sexual intimacy is to be part of the husband-wife relationship. Hebrews 13:4 reads, "Let marriage be held in honour among all, and let the marriage bed be undefiled, for fornicators and adulterers God will judge."

Sexual intimacy outside of marriage is expressively forbidden. In fact, the Scriptures teach that those who continue to practice such things are excluded from the Kingdom of God. From 1 cor 5:9-13: "Do you know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." This also shows that God disapproves of homosexuality. Notice that the passage used the phrase "what some of you were", this shows that now that we are believers in Christ, we must not subscribe to worldly views, but to subscribe to the views of God, since we are saved by Him. Hence the term, "believers".

Our body is a temple of God. From 1 cor 6: "The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body." Our bodies belong to God, and we are to keep our bodies pure for God, and not engage in sexual immorality. From 1 Cor 6:19: "Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honour God with your body."

I completely agree with you! I really like the last scripture because it reminds me that I can't just do anything to this body because it doesn't belong to me. Jesus gave his very life to purchase mine for the kingdom of God. It would be so selfish of me to abuse that.

And IcarusDream has obviously made up his mind about this and he wants to debate. But what I like to do in situations such as these is pray God will use these people even more mightily for His glory! So I pray that Icarus will be used by God to be a leader against sexual immorality and a testimony to others and to bring many people to heaven with him, in Jesus' name!  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:10 pm
Y i J u
This is stupid.

The harm done from premarital sex is obvious.
So get off your high horses and just read your bible.

Seriously guys. -.-

????????? What?????????
Save the world the trouble and just don't have sex...ever
And that makes one less radical...the world is now a better place

-PSA-

I feel better now

Edit: This post also applies to the post above

Now I'm in a really good mood ^_^  

lordstar

LadyAlina

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:17 am
Quote:
This is stupid.

Seriously guys.

I hate to say this, but that's easier said than done. I'm not to sure about harm in the physical sense, but knowing that you have gone against God and dirtied your body even though you know it belongs to Him is already bad enough. Please be more considerate of others, because your post was just plain rude. Christians are supposed to be all about love, and I don't get much love from your post. I'm telling you this out of love, because I don't want you to get into trouble with other people and end up being a detrimental witness to God.

Quote:
????????? What?????????

-PSA-

I feel better now

Going to the other extreme is bad as well. Babies are needed in the world, imagine what would happen if everybody stopped giving birth. Sex is supposed to be a gift from God to humans, and it should be enjoyed, as is childbirth and the raising of children. According to Psalms 127:3:, "Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward." God approves of Childbearing, so I doubt He would actually want us to stop.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:19 am
LadyAlina
Quote:
This is stupid.

Seriously guys.

I hate to say this, but that's easier said than done. I'm not to sure about harm in the physical sense, but knowing that you have gone against God and dirtied your body even though you know it belongs to Him is already bad enough. Please be more considerate of others, because your post was just plain rude. Christians are supposed to be all about love, and I don't get much love from your post. I'm telling you this out of love, because I don't want you to get into trouble with other people and end up being a detrimental witness to God.

Quote:
????????? What?????????

-PSA-

I feel better now

Going to the other extreme is bad as well. Babies are needed in the world, imagine what would happen if everybody stopped giving birth. Sex is supposed to be a gift from God to humans, and it should be enjoyed, as is childbirth and the raising of children. According to Psalms 127:3:, "Lo, children are a heritage of the Lord; and the fruit of the womb is His reward." God approves of Childbearing, so I doubt He would actually want us to stop.

My statement was very specific to certen posts
I would never sugest that everyone stop
Just those who shouldn't for one reason or another  

lordstar

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items