Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I am getting this published: Please read...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Y'all like?
  Yes its awesome
  Nah.. I seen alot better..
View Results

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:31 pm
Freedom:

“Those who expect to reap the blessing of Freedom must undergo the task of supporting it.”
Thomas Paine, the Crisis.

“And so, my fellow Americans; ask not what for your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world; ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

Inaugural Address, Washington D.C. January 20, 1961

Those words are 110% percent true. America is a Democratic Nation, meaning, we have certain rights. Among these are “Life, Liberty and the pursuit of happiness.”
Freedom is much like a box of crayons. Let’s say I say, you can only use the red crayon. I am taking away your freedom of creation. Now I give you back the box, now I gave you back your freedom. Now you can create your master piece of art. That was an example of what freedom is and many of us take it for granted with out knowing it. Some examples of that are, making fun of d**k Chaney when he shot his best friend quail hunting or complaining about the president sending us to war. That’s Freedom of speech. Let’s say you want to go and visit grandma down in Puerto Rico, that’s Freedom of Travel. Voting is another big one, in many countries of our world; they don’t allow you to vote.
Freedom is very important of every day life. Think of your job or education, I doubt you would be there or have a school or job you choose to do, even if it’s just Burger King. You have a chance to pave a path of gold or a path of failure.
Now, let’s say freedom is in jeopardy what do we do? My answer is protecting it. Even if it means dying for it. When you turn on the news and hear 4 soldiers are killed in Iraq today, most would say, they died for no reason, nothing, they were fools dying for nothing. That’s wrong; they died for freedom, for you and me. Serving in the Military is only one way of preserving freedom. Others can be simple, saying the pledge in the morning. Voting when it comes time to vote. Standing up for yourself and your state of being when needed!
“Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must undergo the task of supporting it” Thomas Paine, the Crisis. I personally can not get enough of that quote. It means, if you want freedom, if you love freedom, you must work for it. We all must work for it. It will never come easy but, as Americans, if we bound together and put our differences aside, it will!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:29 pm
This is a very good concept of thinking that most Americans have become too dumbed-down to realize its, what we, as one people, yet as many, need to do something about!!! I totally agree with said information provided.

One of my favorite quotes is actually from 'V for Vendetta': "People should not fear their government. Governments should fear their people." I agree with this because governments should not abuse their power by stealing peoples' freedoms. Good thinking and, if you feel so inclined, go ahead and publish it. I might just add it to my sig. mrgreen

Mjolnir The Hammer

Tarrou

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:04 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
Freedom:

“Those who expect to reap the blessing of Freedom must undergo the task of supporting it.”

“And so, my fellow Americans; ask not what for your country can do for you- ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world; ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.”

John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, Washington D.C. January 20, 1961

Those words are 110% percent true. America is a democratic nation, meaning, we have certain rights, among them life, l and the pursuit of happiness.
Freedom is much like a box of crayons; if I say, "you can only use the red crayon," I am taking away your freedom of creation. Now I give you back the box, and I've given you back your freedom. Now you can create your master piece of art. That is an example of what freedom is, and many of us take it for granted without knowing it. Some examples of that are, making fun of d**k Chaney when he shot his best friend quail hunting or complaining about the president sending us to war. That’s Freedom of speech. Let’s say you want to go and visit grandma down in Puerto Rico that’s Freedom of Travel. Voting is another big one: in many countries of the world, they don’t allow you to vote.
Freedom is a very important part of everyday life. Think of your job or education. I doubt you would be there or have a school or job you choose to do, even if it’s just Burger King. You have a chance to pave a path of gold or a path of failure.
Now, let’s say freedom is in jeopardy; what do we do? My answer is, "protecting it," even if it means dying for it. When you turn on the news and hear four soldiers were killed in Iraq today, many would say that they died for no reason, nothing, that they were fools who died for nothing. That’s wrong: they died for freedom, for you and me. Serving in the military is only one way of preserving freedom. Others can be simple, like saying the pledge in the morning, voting on election day, or standing up for yourself and your state of being when needed!
“Those who expect to reap the blessing of freedom must undergo the task of supporting it” Thomas Paine, the Crisis. I personally can not get enough of that quote. It means, if you want freedom, if you love freedom, you must work for it. We all must work for it. It will never come easy but, as Americans, if we bound together and put our differences aside, it will!

Sorry. Editor instincts kicked in. Good work, but you might want to polish it a bit before you publish. Also, the blue-highlighted section might need to be rephrased: I don't really know what you were getting at there.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:21 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
dirtdevilgrunt13
Freedom:

John F. Kennedy, Inaugural Address, Washington D.C. January 20, 1961

Those words are 110% percent true. America is a democratic nation, meaning, we have certain rights, among them life, l and the pursuit of happiness.
Freedom is much like a box of crayons; if I say, "you can only use the red crayon," I am taking away your freedom of creation. Now I give you back the box, and I've given you back your freedom. Now you can create your master piece of art. That is an example of what freedom is, and many of us take it for granted without knowing it. Some examples of that are, making fun of d**k Chaney when he shot his best friend quail hunting or complaining about the president sending us to war. That’s Freedom of speech. Let’s say you want to go and visit grandma down in Puerto Rico that’s Freedom of Travel. Voting is another big one: in many countries of the world, they don’t allow you to vote.
Freedom is a very important part of everyday life. Think of your job or education. I doubt you would be there or have a school or job you choose to do, even if it’s just Burger King. You have a chance to pave a path of gold or a path of failure.
Now, let’s say freedom is in jeopardy; what do we do? My answer is, "protecting it," even if it means dying for it. When you turn on the news and hear four soldiers were killed in Iraq today, many would say that they died for no reason, nothing, that they were fools who died for nothing. That’s wrong: they died for freedom, for you and me. Serving in the military is only one way of preserving freedom. Others can be simple, like saying the pledge in the morning, voting on election day, or standing up for yourself and your state of being when needed!

Sorry. Editor instincts kicked in. Good work, but you might want to polish it a bit before you publish. Also, the blue-highlighted section might need to be rephrased: I don't really know what you were getting at there.

Dangg... Thanks bro...
I need a editor like you... My microsoft word must miss alot of crap...

Care to help? I'd put your name on my work to.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

aTerraxia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:03 pm
This thing has always kind of cheesed me off. How are they potecting our freedom exactly? Last I checked they didn't do anything against us. If they were in the Middle East chasing after Osama, I'd back them up. But no, we attacked another country so we could make daddy proud. And every life lost is a tragedy because it could have been avoided.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:02 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
Dangg... Thanks bro...

Word can check spelling, but its grammar-checker leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote:

Sure, but you don't need to put my name on it—editors don't go on the byline.  

Tarrou

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:11 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
dirtdevilgrunt13
Dangg... Thanks bro...

Word can check spelling, but its grammar-checker leaves a lot to be desired.

Quote:

Sure, but you don't need to put my name on it—editors don't go on the byline.

My giner hit the "g" button twice. I was in a rush. Hahaha.
Well... Give me a Pm and we will talk.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff