What Christian religion r u?
  Catholic
  Evangelical
  Baptist
  Other
View Results

iremembertherain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:21 pm
I was born into the First Christian Disciples of Christ church, but recently I went to a Baptist church camp and I was totally blown away. Disciples of Christ aren't very loud, hyper, or worked up; they have a quiet kind of faith. I rather like the louder, more energetic ways. So, I don't really have a denomination at the moment. I still go to and help out at a Disciples of Christ church, though.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:37 pm
I've grown up in an Assemblies of God church. We are a branch off of the Protestant (an even more precise - Pentecostal) part of the faith.

I don't discriminate against people of other faiths, but honestly, there are some HUGE differences - thus the denominations. For example, I believe that we are all able to receive the gift of speaking in tongues, and it's not JUST for the early church - my friend goes to a different church, and doesn't believe that way. And there's also a lot of differences between Catholics and Protestants, thus the Irish civil war (mentioned in an earlier post).

When people ask my religion, I simply say I'm a Christian, it doesn't really matter about anything else. It's the way I believe, but that doesn't mean everyone else HAS to believe the same way, or they're not really Christian. It's just differences in the was the different denominations interpret the Bible. As Christians, we are all followers of God - plain and simple.

[edit:// Oh, another example - as a person growing up in an Assemblies of God church, I don't believe in dancing. My friend was talking to me about Prom the other day (she goes to a covenant church) and I looked at her plainly and said I wasn't going. She asked me if I was crazy - "THIS IS OUR PROM!!!!" she screamed. I told her I didn't believe in dancing. I believe that slow dancing (like prom) can lead to sexual type things and movements, that I do not wish to participate in. My denomination believes that way. Other churches don't. That's why we have the denominations - different churches have different beliefs - such as beliefs on dancing.]

-Hija de Cristo-

sapphire_jemjem

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:11 pm
technically... anglican. but i don't really believe in denominations. id say my church is one of the most non anglican, anglican churches there is  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 1:18 am
I'm a Protestant, and more of a Realist. I believe that to be able to achieve anything, we have to work for it. We can pray about it, and God will give us the resources to make it happen. All we have to do is pick up those resources and go for it.

I believe we need to earn whatever we ask for, not expect it to just be given to us, that makes someone actually giving something to you more of a surprise, because we have achieved what we asked for. I hope that made some sense.

I prayed for God to give me a new watch, and that was if I really needed one, which I did. That's when I got the message to work and make up enough money to find one. I went to the store and I found an awesome watch, gold plated, 10K, and I had enough to pay for it. I had that watch for numerous of years.

As Hija and others have already mentioned, Christians are Christians, the only thing we need to believe are these two things:

1. To believe on the One whom He has sent.
2. That He died on the Cross to save us all.  

Inflatorofwomen

PokeChoppalo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:06 pm
Christian, who believes in the spiritual gifts. I grew up atheist, which I have lived in the world and it cost me my sanity. So I got saved and I won't go back, Jesus got my sanity back from that limp-wristed snake, satan. I'm just a Christian, no religion Just Jesus blaugh  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff