s: SO AWESOME
me: WAIT YOU READ IT??
s: YESSSS
s: i loved it since i first saw it <3

...huuuge long conversation about honeysyn ensues

haha, it amazed me that somebody i knew read it, too xD
probably half my school reads it or something and i don't know lol

sooo

have you ever found out that somebody you know reads it, or reads the same webcomic as you?
have you found out that somebody you know writes a webcomic that you read?
have you written a webcomic and find out that somebody you know reads it?
any variations of the above?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:09 am
Yep, but not a webcomic. A MMORPG for me.

Apparently, we were in the same guild/s for 3 years, both have the same friends in the game, yet we haven't met irl.

After quite sometime *about a year*, I entered college and we became friends. he went to my house and saw my poster of the game.

He: You play that game?
Me: Yep, you?
He: Sure do. What server?
Me: Uhh, Loki.
He: REALLY? Me too! What guild?
Me: Hmm, Virus was my first, and Bamboo, then EBAK.
He: OMGWTF!
Me: o______O
He: I was in the same guild/s as you!
Me: FTW! What's your ign?

... To make the long story short, we already knew each other in-game and we didn't knew it.  

iJuly

gothicbadger

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:40 am
sad wish my friends were into my webby goings on.
I was checking honeysyn.com the other day when my friend questioned the 'Please be warned that there may be ambiguously gay content. Seriously.' bit. I had to make a pretty quick excuse because... they just wouldn't get it? I dunno... I go to a grammar school-- no diversity... teh shem.

Got them all hooked on ouran highschool host club though, quite difficult explaining the science behind the whole brotherly love thing.

I have few close friends- probably explains the lack of people to talk to about some of my interests irl. *new quest*- talk to people biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:12 pm
I introduced my best friend to smackjeeves and either she found it herself or I showed it to her, but either way, it's fun to have someone else who reads it, though she doesn't check every update so I'm always ahead of her D:

All my online friends read it though xD Obsessively. On a forum I frequent we all spam around in the honeysyn thread.  

NicoNisko

Kerii-tan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:50 pm
I personally haven't had any odd meetings with people I knew from online, but my friends have.

My friend Gina played MapleStory a lot at one point, and she had a friend on there....I can't remember was his username was, so let's just pretend it's "anteater21". Don't ask.

Anyway, Gina would play with anteater21 everyday on MapleStory after school. One day she was walking home with our friend Anthony, a boy she has been friends with and lived near for years.

Anthony: Hey, wanna come by my house and play Guitar Hero?
Gina: Can't. I gotta get home and play MapleStory, my friend anteater21 is expecting me.
Anthony: O_O
Gina: What?
Anthony: WHAT THE CRAP.
Gina: What, what!?
Anthony: I'm anteater21. You're [whatever the hell Gina's username was]?!
Gina: HOLY s**t @_@ WEEEEIIIIRD.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:55 pm
Let's see...

-I got one of my friends into HoneySyn. She's now a Jay fangirl.
-When i used to play MapleStory, I didn't know some of my friends played. I found out later. Although I never found them in the game.  

Shinichiri

Dapper Hunter

christine1137

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:32 pm
haha, awesome. it's so cool that people could just know each other without knowing it like that...

my friend/aquaintance/friendofafriend/?? and i were talking about yaoi and shounen-ai today, and i mentioned honeysyn. she'd heard of it. nearly everybody i know has at least heard of it...

though they don't talk about it much around me, because i'm the 'anti-yaoi' member of the group. xDD

one of my friends reads blue eyed boy, too. and i've found out that most people i know have accounts on gaia. and i run into people on devart all the time... some girl who was my friend back in sixth and seventh grade sent me a note a little while ago; i still have no idea how she found me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:45 pm
"Got them all hooked on ouran highschool host club though, quite difficult explaining the science behind the whole brotherly love thing."

Yeaaah. My mom dropped by once when I was watching Host Club and she decided to watch it with me. She loved it but was slightly....confused, for a better word, about the twins. > >  

Schadenfreud
Vice Captain

gothicbadger

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:38 am
The only reason i'm up before 10am today is to check some stuff that i'd feel arkward if anyone saw redface 'cos there is a computer next to me and little sis is always on 'effin furcadia. She might be turning though, she's obsessed with harry/draco- I will laugh so hard if she ever discovers slash fanfiction.

Come to think of it, there was a DevArt coincidence before. I'd commented on this persons awesome gloves who jokingly said he'd sell them to me. The guy who actually owned them joined in and we started chatting- turned out he was in a band that i've been waiting for ages to see (local music scene stuff).

Then there was the time last summer when me and a friend were 'people watching' in the park and I noticed an ACTUAL indie kid (hell, he was doodling stuff and staking it to the ground..) We decided to talk to him after a while and without too much hassle got him to show us his sketch book. As we were flicking through, I found a perfectly copied page of Questionable Content. Amused me greatly.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:35 am
I showed HoneySyn to my friend, and she liked it -- but she can't keep up with it herself. XP She asked me to tell her when it updated, but.. I usually forget it exists, then remember a few days later and read a few pages at a time. So I'm a little useless on that front.  

Skizzors

Honeydew Syndrome

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff