Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
I'm realitivley new to Christianity,and i want to learn more

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuka Swatari

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:04 pm
I'm getting more religious as time passes but I'm fuzzy on things about the religion it's self. I know the story and I know about God and Jesus, but I still have questions.

- What behavior is bad.

- How I should worship God. (show him my love)

- Concept of Heaven and Heck

- What is forbidden

and stuff like that. Can anyone help?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:18 pm
That's the best question I have seen in ages! I would recommend a great radio station to you--www.kfuo.org. When you get to the page choose am on the left. Also feel free to pm me. heart  

Lynzing

Sarcastic_Angel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:19 pm
Great question. Just so you know, there are a lot of gray area's. Christianity doesn't make the world black and white. But basically, to my understanding

1. anything that dishonors God is bad, anything that honors him is good.
2. there are many things. Pray. Read the bible. Sing songs to him. Evangelize.
3. Read Revelations for the end of the world idea. But basically, Heaven is for those who are saved through Jesus, and Hell is where those who aren't saved through Jesus go.
4. Read the bible for all the forbidden stuff. But again, no dishonoring, all honoring.

Of course we can't do all those things perfectly. We're human. But that's what forgiveness is for.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:28 pm
Yuka17
I'm getting more religious as time passes but I'm fuzzy on things about the religion it's self. I know the story and I know about God and Jesus, but I still have questions.

- What behavior is bad.

- How I should worship God. (show him my love)

- Concept of Heaven and Heck

- What is forbidden

and stuff like that. Can anyone help?

do yourself a favor
open your eyes and plug your ears  

lordstar

`Kel`

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:31 pm
Message me i'll help you out. It would be kind of dificult to answer all of those questions effectively at one time. You can ask me specific questions one at a time. I would love to talk with you. I have so much fun answering these questions.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:43 pm
Wow, that is a great question :]

First off, there are a lot of grey areas, and a lot of areas that different denominations disagree on (whether or not dancing is acceptable, for example). So, it basically depends on what kind of church you go to for those grey areas.

For what is right and wrong, you should read your Bible - it will go through and lay out many things. Also, there are things that you have to use your judgement on with whether it is write or wrong (what kind of movies to watch, for example).

You can worship God in everything you do biggrin
To show Him your love, you can sing, you can dance, you can play an instrument - anything! As long as you do it with the attitude that you should do everything as if you're doing it to God, you're glorifying Him :]

Revelations will explain the end of the world and it gives you a concept. Put simply, Heaven is a closeness to God, and Hell is complete abandonment from God.

Again, with what is forbidden, check in the Bible - it will clearly lay it out for you biggrin

Welcome to our Christian family biggrin

Random websites that I'm pretty much just listing because I can XD:
KTIS - good radio station to listen to, if you're looking for Christian music
WJTL - another good station :]
Dawson McAllister Street Team - a good website to join :] there's a lot of helpful people, and there's a confidential Help chat thing with a professional, so they are trained to help if you need.

-Hija de Cristo-

Mountain Rose

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:49 pm
My best suggestion is to read the book of Romans. That book basically covers everything! And if it doesn't, continue reading! All of Paul's books in the New Testement are good for learning about Christianity.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:08 pm
Rose Spuds
My best suggestion is to read the book of Romans. That book basically covers everything! And if it doesn't, continue reading! All of Paul's books in the New Testement are good for learning about Christianity.

I second that :]  

-Hija de Cristo-

Seraph68

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:20 pm
I strongly recommend reading the whole Bible. If you are "young" in faith (haven't been Christian for very long), I'd suggest starting with the New Testament before going on to the Old Testament, but that is only a suggestion (you will get into application quicker with the N.T. and get more understanding with the O.T.).

As you read, when you have any questions just write them down and talk with a Pastor (or Minister or what ever your church has) or another experienced Christian about it. Generally they will have the answers for you, especially if you have a question about a specific passage.

God bless your studies.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:44 am
I recommend finding a mentor in the church. If you just ask the head of your women's ministry or the head of the teen ministry to help you find one, I'm sure that it will be very beneficial to you. It's always nice to have an older friend whose been where you're about to go to help you get through tough times and answer any questions you may have.  

Tashin Hanabi

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff