Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Nala held her breath as Fianth finally popped the top off the egg she’d been slowly working on this hatching. The shell she could see was by far thicker than any of the others. She peered curiously at the now open egg, wondering what color of the baby that lay within. Would it come out now or rest some more?

One was free, but she was starting to think Baby Mine might also need a little help too. She kept an eye on Krah to see if he’d step in to help or if Fianth might step in now that the other egg was open. And there, another blue impressed. Who’s next?, she wondered.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:49 pm
Ohhh, oh precious one. Krahsujunth let out a...a strange, low crooning, soft and tender as he lowered his head to nose at the wiggling pink egg. Of course it would be 'borned'...and very soon! While on the one claw Krahsujunth felt it was important for his hatchlings to walk on their own four legs...he also could never resist the requests and pleas of his children. He shuffled closer on his belly, nudging, shifting, turning...indeed the egg did still seem horribly intact. Just as Fianth set about assisting the egg in her claws, he bent to his.

With eyes so deeply purple-blue as to be nearly black, the scarred dragon ever so gently exposed his teeth...placed them around the egg...and with a quick, subtle flex of his jaws, punctured several small holes in the shell, rending the side open. Immediately his head dipped further, whirling eye staring into the opened hole. There you are. Borned already...if you're ready to come out, now that you can. Papa is right here, if you need to rest a little first.
Uta

ShinosBee

Nerd

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:57 pm
HAVELI

How was she supposed to remain opptimistic and hopeful and happy when she didn't know if she'd be with Arlie? If Arlie would be okay without her from here on, riding a white in an entire Weyr that looked down on them? Haveli even looked down on them, considering whites not worth anything to her, but apparently her sister was worth one of them.

So what happened now? Where was she supposed to go from here?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:08 pm
Posting for Melo because Gaia is a bully.

Rothgar // he/him | BeastCraft, Weyrherd; Part-time Weyrbrat | Candidate
Oh look, I'm using a quote. xD;; oops. ._.
Thaliawen

"Under different circumstances, I'd say let's just go. But you and I would be destroyed with guilt. It's worth it, even if all that's left are eggshells when you leave." Rothgar had not tried to strike up conversation with Rhiyn before this, though he had smiled or waved to him now and then. They were Candidate classmates, after all. But while no one had ever said anything happened to G'ret, he got the distinct feeling his family especially were keeping something from him, that involved his friend. He was... afraid to ask. So, he sort of knew, didn't he?

"Um, yeah, of course!" This question unnerved Rothgar. He wanted to come alone? Maybe they were just estranged. A life-altering argument could make things very awkward indeed. Now knowing that he had seen at least some of the carnage, Rothgar wanted to give him as much space as he wanted. "I'm really upset about that, but it didn't happen in front of me. Are you all right? I mean, you're still here and all but still. I guess what I am trying to say is you can always talk to me or use my shoulder if you need it."

“Melomar”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:13 pm
“I left the sands and stood by the assistant candidate master for a while,” Rhiyn admitted. “I don’t know if I’m okay,” he added, “but I wasn’t going to sulk besides Demanthra. I thought of how my friend would react to me off the sands, and I knew she’d push me back out. So I came and found you.”

He hesitated and offered Rothgar a grateful smile. “Thanks, Rothy,” he said, giving him a side hug. “I’ll join you in whatever. The past two turns have been awful lonely without you.”  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:30 pm
Meztli
There went one, two, three...! They kept right on impressing. Perhaps the hatchlings could tell that time was wearing on? There were still a few eggs left to crack, but not many now. And plenty of dragons on the sands, though none had given Meztli more than a glance or two. Really that didn't bother them at all. They wouldn't mind a dragon all their own, but in their heart they were still a cooking craftsman. Probably it was because this whole scenario was still so new. Perhaps if a dragon did come for them they would feel differently. As it was though they were amply happy to see those around them find such joy in meeting their own dragons. It was nice!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:14 pm
Kinyegele

Her little friend was struggling and Kinye continued to watch on as the pink egg wiggled this way and that way, a small frown on her face. You're so close! I believe in you little friend! Kinye urged, knowing there was little more to offer. With Krah and Fianth right there, they wouldn't be waiting long, right?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:18 pm
Friend like Me was rather enjoying twining through Candidates, listening to each one's words, watching her siblings, and just plain enjoying her state. After all, why rush things? Why run through everything when you can at least enjoy life a little bit? Then...though, there was a tug. A moment's recognition that had the little Green pausing to look up at the one person in the world that could have been meant to be Hers. Oh, my Iziquin! Here you are. I would've been a moment longer but you need your Jinniyath so badly. Tell me what you wish, and let me tend to your every need.

User Image

Nilah44

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:23 pm
Roana and Ulendoth.

The green's tail lashed in irritation but she held her head high. She would bend to her riders wishes this time but that did not mean she had to be completely silent.
Yes she is precious. Ulendoth confirmed with a snort. Why would you say it like that? Is your new bonded not your most precious connection? If that is true. Well I see how you can react that way at the idea of your bonded being hurt by another like your sister.

Ulendoth. Friends, remember?

Ulendoth huffed but she made her second attempt to hold her tongue for the sake of her new rider.
Ro sighed again but it was mock exasperation and full of adoration for her opinionated and bold green. She looked at Iathe and put a comforting arm around her shoulders giving the younger women a warm soft squeeze. "It's okay Iathe, we might not be natives but we aren't completely ignorant." In fact HR's hide bound attitude was often used as a way to toss digs at the weyr and a source of some tension so it was hard to be completely unaware of what they may face.

Meanwhile Ulendoth had moved back to her conversation with the gold Anakumath. Thankyou the green preened before turning to Marty. What about yours...She doesn't smile very much does she?

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:27 pm
Rothgar // he/him | BeastCraft, Weyrherd; Part-time Weyrbrat | Candidate
Thaliawen
Thanks a bunch, Thali!

"For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing. You came back when you were ready, which was really fast, really. But you don't want to be projecting that violence onto hatchlings, and only you know when you're ready to block it. I saw the candidate who died. I didn't know him as well as I should have, maybe." Somber for a moment, Rothgar again put on the sunshine. He could do that with sincerity, especially when giving his friend's cute little brother a hug. "We'll have a drink for them later. And... you're welcome. Anytime. And I mean that. Anytime!"

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:31 pm

Well, lady holder, the sinuous blue all but hissed, his eyes warm with affection for the young woman before him, Do I meet with your approval, or will you ssssstand there gawking all day, ssss?

At the blue's words, Amare jolted, tears suddenly pricking her eyes. "Nonami, I can't stay on the sands," she told her sibling gently. Suddenly, she found herself needing to find someone who could protect her sibling, someone who would keep them company. Someone...

Someone who might have some idea of how to best care for someone who was precious to Amare. "Take care of yourself, Nonami," Amare said, taking the child by the shoulders and gazing at them. "Be safe for me. Okay?" She leaned in to give the other a kiss on both cheeks, even now feeling Sucurith coiling about her and between them.

A twist of jumbled emotions roiled through her: joy, utter disbelief, and the jolt of sudden loss. She didn't know what to do with herself. For the first time in her life, Amaretti felt naked and totally unsure. This dragonet was, in every possible way, perfect. However, she'd never had even a moment's question of her own place before now. Where was her place?

Bessside me, of courssse, Sucurith hissed, and nuzzled her leg pointed. She had places that she must go. There was a baby dragonet who needed her now, far more than anyone had ever needed her before. And she could not deny him.

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:32 pm
Finnisa
What...what? It'd taken some moments to realize what she was seeing. A green dragonet...was looking up at her sister with adoration. She'd been lost in a pit of numbing shame, but now she felt a flicker of ire. Anger, even, though she muzzled it after a moment. How dare... But there were still dragonets on the sands. With a last glance at that...her, she shifted, turning away to look anywhere but at that scene.

Fardles, it was going to be hard to keep herself together through the end of this. Happy thoughts happy thoughts. Pretty hatchlings. Nice hatchlings. She was just as good as her sister, so...so maybe come pick her. She could make a good rider too, couldn't she? Izi didn't even know how to be a rider, but there she'd gone and impressed. Fardles! No, only happy thoughts, she shook the image of the green looking up into the stands away.

...How could she?
NIlah44

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:38 pm

Perhaps.... Perhaps it was now time. Though he still had a cowering bronze beneath his wing, the larger dragon did not want to waste an opportunity while it was...well...right there. One more n** of his smaller brother, and the large bronze finally turned to let his red eyes stare at the one.

At his.

Such foolishness. To spurn such fine creations as of that of my beloved Mother. Is it so odious to stand there and face judgment? Do you fear you will be found wanting, Mine? Be glad you took my golden sister's claws than mine... I might well have left far deeper marks as punishment. The bronze gave a sniff, and finally stood.

There was a flash of rainbow, even as he stood beside the smaller of his twin. Come to your Alquemieth, Arcadin. Perhaps it is best to let this one struggle on his own. He pulled his wing away, exposing the smaller, much more frail looking bronze. Let him struggle and suffer alone...he would find him after they both Impressed to size up whatever Candidate so tragically was paired with him.

Stepping away, he walked proudly towards Arcadin, sizing him up with much judgment. Brush off the Sand, and look presentable. We are in the presence of greatness, of glory; the least you can do is thank the golden beauties for the life they have given you. This is your new beginning. Our new beginning. Let us not waste any more time. There was work to be done, and this bronze was ready to dive right in.

User Image

medigel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:44 pm
Karone
He thought about it for a few moments, eyes appraising each hatchling currently on the sands. Neither of the Red and White bronzes' apparent personalities had appealed to him, nor had any of the ones who had actually hurt people. Still, he was well aware that things were different once even the wildest hatchling Impressed, and that the one who bonded with that hatchling would love it unconditionally. “I know the dragon who chooses you is never wrong in its choice, but I would hope mine will be of a good sort.” He pointed at the bloodstain where Shinnikan had lain. “The one my brother Impressed… he was so… cold. I didn’t know dragons could be like that.”

Truthfully, it worried him.

demon_pachabel
Kahbrohm

Teiha

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:45 pm
Candidate Nalacko she/her

Several more dragonets quickly found their riders. She smiled at the beautiful green, then as the larger twin bronze impressed. Nala wondered how the tiny twin bronze would react now to being left all alone. She knew how scary and daunting it could be. Be brave little one. You can do it. She thought to him.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games