Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]
ENDLESS JOURNEYS (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:19 am
Nova Blancke
"You have my respect Alec Yaetes. You have proven to be worthy of passage. Not just to me....but every single person here thinks that you are worthy. You can walk among us with your head held high and you will always be welcome. Do you still wish to continue? I would advice against it." Leo spoke with respect and sincerity to the young wolf.

Alec felt his eye twitch. A memory played out in his mind.

He had been training in hand to hand combat with his older brothers. By training he meant getting pummeled. They had ganged up on him all at once, which was usual for Wolf-kin and was their way of preparing to guard the Fox-kin.

His father, the Alpha, halted the exercise and approached his youngest son. His smallest son. His weakest son.

His father put a hand on Alec's shoulder. He commented Alec on improving, and he offered him an opportunity to end the training for the day as a reward. Alec gratefully accepted, but he was instead rewarded with being lifted off the ground via an uppercut to the stomach. As Alec fell to his knees gasping for air, his father looked down on him and spit, "Spineless whelp."

Back in the arena, Zephyr cautioned, "I know what you're thinking Alec. Take the offer and accept your praise. The Dragon-kin don't mislead the way the pack leaders of your people do."

But Alec's gaze hardened as he said, "I said until victory or vanquish, and neither has occurred. I can keep...I ca-...I will..."

His hard gaze clouded as his body gave up for him. Will or no, he couldn't stop himself from passing out.

The world around him turned dark as his knees gave out. He crumbled like a marionette and laid motionless.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:46 pm
There was a silence in the Arena. The people knew Alec had lost but his determination was worth so much more in their eyes. They all stood up. As Leo walked over to the young brave wolf. Nova walked to heal the boy but he knew he had to wait. Despite the amazing show Alec put up this may have been a mistake. Why did he get greedy?

"This young man, Alec Yaetes, may have lost the duel but he has passed the Rite of Passage! His group may freely enter our lands! " Leoxandre's voice boomed.

Every single person made a fist and put them against the other against their chests. Simultaneously they all took a deep breath and let out a low hum. It reverberated. They sang a hymn for the young warrior. It felt primal and yet soothing. It was considered one of the highest honors.

Nova smiled. He knew he could now safely go to Alec. Which he did. Leaping over the edge he dropped down. What Alec failed to do he succeeded by landing softly. Nova did not waste time making his way over to Alec. He was greeting by Leoxandre, who only nodded and left the arena. Normally the rest would leave but most stayed behind to see what would happen next.

"You are more stubborn than you show Alec. You did well. I am proud of you." Nova said as he began to heal Alec. Checking for internal injuries first. Thankfully it wasn't critical. His ribs were healing first followed by his elbow.

"I think he earned to know your name, didn't he?" He spoke softly to Zephyr.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:02 pm
The wolf's spirit's voice was forlorn despite Alec's acceptance by the Dragon-kin. He spoke solemnly to Nova's mind.

"Almost, my old friend, he had almost earned it. The boy still has much to learn and many animosities to address. Had he not passed out from exhaustion, I fear his anger could have been his undoing."

"The boy's meek demeanor hides a deep and furious rage that he has just discovered. It is the same trapping that his people have fallen into. It's what has made them effective guardians for so long. But I was chosen to be this boy's spirit for another reason."

"Alec has proven his determination to become strong, and so our bond is strengthened. However, I shall not tell him my name until he finds a greater source of will than anger."

The spirit's voice fell silent as Alec stirred. His wounds may have been healed, but he could still feel the toll the fight had taken on his mana reserves. He was further taxed from his reversion to his more human self.

His eyes barely opened as he looked up at Nova. They welled with tears, but he did not weep or sob. He had experienced something profound, and he didn't like it.

"She left, didn't she?" was all he asked.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:46 pm
Nova agreed to what the spirit said. It made sense. Alec did seem to be greedy with the battle when he was faced a choice. He'd had to talk to Alec about that.

"You might have to do help him with that.I might not be around for much longer."

The mage did not stop healing as Alec woke. He didn't ask anything.

"Yes, you know what she is like. She fears she might lose you if you continue to fight. And I am not talking about your life. She fears you might become a typical Alpha like all of the Wolves." Nova calmly explained.

"That aside....You did well Alec. You really surprised me. I am proud of you."

Nova didn't see it but red headed woman dropped down from the spectators crowd. His wife.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:50 pm
Alec was intuitive to know what Nova was referring to. He continued to lie still while Nova continued to work.

"It...it just happened. When your friend offered to end the fight, it reminded me of a time when my father did the same thing. I can still feel the impact his fist made with my stomach. I saw red, and then I saw black."

Alec was about to keep speaking when his ears twitched and he sniffed the air. Something that smelled pleasant was heading toward them, but it was a foreign scent.

"Someone is coming. I think it's a woman." Alec stated.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:56 pm
"The Dragon-kin have honor and abide by it. When they offer something, that is all they will do. No backstabbing. Straightforward. But I don't blame you if you remembered that." Nova responded before looking who the woman was. A bit hesitantly though. He was not ready to confront her now. But he knew he had to. It was their way. And according to his Heart-Brother....she was very temperamental the last months.

"Yeah....that's....my wife. Remember the demon part I joked about? That was a partial joke." Nova said weakly.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:10 pm
Alec looked at Nova curiously before sniffing the air again. His tail tried to shift between his legs instinctively, and his ears dropped.

"Aaaah, that's a lot of anger she's putting off." he whispered.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:10 pm
Goruk smiled as the fight came to an end however it was then he knew that it was his turn as a member of these people. His wings spread forth their sheer size cast a shadow from his seat to the arena. He lifted off the ground and lifted into the air before quickly flying into the arena where he set down casting dust and dirt into the air as his wings flapped to gently put him on the ground. Something inside him stirred and it was then he let out a roar almost not of his own accord though this roar was a primal one deep and challenging to let those in the arena know that he requires challenge. He was not apart of the group that was now allowed to pass, he only just joined them, and felt that he needed to prove himself to his kin as well as a primal need to show his power to others of his kind. His aura could almost be felt as the arena began to heat up from his desire for battle. He spoke then his voice deep as he spoke in the tongue of dragons saying "Brothers and Sisters! Send your strongest to me so that I may prove myself worthy to walk amongst you! Will you allow my challenge?!" he was yelling this to the crowd of course for a part of him loved the cheering or even the booing if they so chose it was the heat of the moment and the heat of the last battle that brought this side out and he was thoroughly enjoying the feeling.  

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:39 pm
Trinity watched as the fight ended. She shook her head as Alec wanted to continued despite his opponent's best judgement. While Nova tended the wolf-kin she decided to seek the fox-kin. She found her sitting down leaning against the wall looking at a dark corner as if she were considering an option.

Kerana looks up to Trinity as she approaches. "Is it over?"

"Yes, it's over, he did well. However toward the end he didn't want it to end but his body disagreed."

"That's so unlike him... why would he do that? How is he going to protect me if he dies from the mere stubborn foolishness of an Alpha trait? Alec is better than that, or was anyway... I don't know where this is coming from... everyone else sees it as a good thing, but I can't. I don't wish to watch him self destruct... I - I can't." The fox girl wiped her eyes some more.

"This whole trip... it was supposed to be fun. We were so close in the beginning but now...we're drifting so far apart so much so we have to be formal around one another like colleagues. Him- guardian. Me- fox-kin. Despite the fact that's how our culture established it all I never wanted that. Alec and I grew up together, became close friends. I don't see my friend Alec anymore... just another wolf-kin, trying to prove how tough he is..."

"I know things may be tough right now. He's working hard, doing all he can so he can protect you better. Based on this last fight he may have pushed himself too hard. Someone's got to talk to him... you can keep him from becoming just another wolf-kin but you also have to support his determination. There's no doubt he has changed in through out the course of the trip but this doesn't have to be a bad one. The old Alec is still there, but you'll have to accept this new Alec as well or there will be no Alec."

Kerana thought about what Trinity said and nodded. "I guess he could use some healing right? Nova can only do so much in his current condition..."

Kerana went back into the arena and went to Alec's side. "How are you feeling?" she asked Alec.

Trinity watched with her arms folded as the foxgirl went to her wolfkin. Then she looked at Goruk who looks like he was ready for a fight. She didn't have to understand the dragon dialect to figure out what was going on.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:04 am
"Calm down Goruk. I understand your position but the one you would fight just fought Alec." Nova said before being cut off by a sudden right hook of his charging wife. The amount of force behind it was apparently enough to send him back a few meters. There was another silence before a laughter emerged. They all have seen this display before and to them it was nothing shocking.

Nova managed to catch Lexi's foot as she kicked him when her charge reached him. A white glow came over Nova briefly before his strength skyrocketed. He spun and threw his wife against the concrete wall with a sickening force as he let go of her leg. That...was when the chaos broke loose.

" I will fight you!" Female shouted at Goruk." No, I will! And he will be mine!" Another shouted. "Ladies! A man should fight a man!" A louder male voice shouted. Fights seemed to erupt in the spectators seats as well. Physical fights. Multiple people jumped down and charged at Goruk. Right now it was a good ol brawl caused by the excitement of Goruks challenge, Alec's fight and Nova's wife.

Nova couldn't help but laugh at this. As he did he fired a bolt of lightning at his wife, She barely dodged it but left a large scorch mark behind. That would have been lethal for a human.

As more spectators leaped down to fight amongst themselves, they took great care not to fight anywhere near Alec.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:54 am
Goruk let loose a simple roar though the roar itself was powerful enough to carve a ditch across the arena throwing those that charged at him across smashing into a few others in their own brawls across the stadium crushing the stands. Others that had not been thrown he turned and smacked one with his wing sending him flying into the wall before grabbing another's throat and slamming them into the ground creating a crater with them in it. He let loose a roar of dominance as he did a dragon-kin came up and hit him with a punch to the face. He did not move from his position but instead grabbed the male and let loose a jet of black flames onto him at close range causing a cone of fire to go across the arena towards a few others who became engulfed. He hoped then none would die from these flames but he would deal with that if it happened. He was going to make sure to show off his power as much as he could in this brawl maybe he would have a few wives after this himself, that thought made him smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:08 pm

Kerana didn't have the luxury to wait for Alec's response. As the chaos broke she cast a spell, a dome to protect that surrounded them. This spell had strengthened due to Nova's teachings. But was it strong enough to with stand the dragon-kin brawls? She wanted to summon her friend but she didn't want the others to find out about her.

Kerana

8,475 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Consumer 0

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 7:55 pm
Trinity was thrown back with Goruk's roar. She got back up. She saw Kerana protecting Alec as best as she could. Kerana and Alec… got to get them out of there. She dropped into her shadow then emerged from behind Kerana held on to Kerana and Alec. Which startled Kerana causing her dome to fade out. They emerged outside of the arena.

"You guys okay?" the fox girl nodded. "I'm going back for Nova. Whether he cares to admit it or not, he can't keep this up. You, need to talk." She addressed the later part to the two of them. She then proceeded to drop through her shadow to find Nova in the middle of this brawl.

Raiko Belgor

Nova Blancke

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:25 pm
The 'victim' of Goruks close range fire blast didn't seem to mind that much. Like magic, fire didn't do much for them. His clothes were scorched but nudity was no issue for their kind. They mostly started wearing because of influence of the outsiders He retaliated with his tail lashing out at Goruks feet. A woman snuck up from behind and leaped at him, hoping to catch him from behind.

Nova's fight against his wife was one that nobody dared intervene with. They all knew it was between them. And it was most common among their kind. The woman has the right to fight her husband after he has been away for a long time. To see if he has gotten weaker...or stronger. The dominance in the relationship would shift anything had changed.

The fury in his wife's eyes was nothing to laugh at despite Nova laughing at the entire situation. However he was thoroughly enjoying this. His own grin betrayed that. He leaped forward as she did. She had her claws wide open but Nova intercepted. They locked hands in this power struggle. Nova may have increased his own strength with Empower but Lexi's own strength was nothing to joke about. Instead of pushing she suddenly pulled and struck Nova with a powerful headbutt. His knees buckled. He certainly did not see this coming. His own grip on his wife's hands tightened. For a second lightning coursed through him before he released it all on his wife. She yelled out in surprise but refused to show it hurt her despite it clearly dong so and gritted her teeth.

Nova had to increase the output of his attack just to make a stand right now. His wife responded with a knee to his chest. It connected painfully.Nova endured. Still holding on to her hands, he regained strength in his legs and leaped up, crashing his head against hers. Lexi let go of him and stumbled back. She spat out some blood and charged at him again but was stopped dead in her tracks. His telekinises held her in place. The skies began to blacken and loud rumbling was heard from the clouds that formed rapidly.  

Nova Blancke

Supreme Demigod

6,925 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250

Goruk Devon

Alien Spirit

7,225 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:29 pm
Goruk noticed both of them. Swiftly he ducked and used his wings to toss the woman who came from behind high into the air while the males leg he kicked back at seeing as how he had armor on at the time the males leg made a sickening shatter sound as he was sent sprawling and yelled out in pain. Goruk then took off into the air grabbing the woman and looking her in the eyes with a small smile before grabbing her arm and throwing her into the ground accidently directly at novas wife as he did so. If hit they would both crash into the arena and create a ditch from his power. He noticed the skies were getting dark and decided since he was the only one of his kind with flight that he would take advantage of this. He flew into the clouds letting the dragon that was apart of him flow forth from his very soul. Black fire erupted around his body as he headed into the clouds creating a shadow that everyone would see behind them. They would see goruk disappear and in his place the form of a full grown dragon was there. He let out a deafening roar from the clouds deep and full of passion as he came flying back towards the arena as he said "Brothers and sisters! I am home!" his voice booming like thunder. This form was something Goruk had never planned on or knew of but more like instinct taking over from the brawl and the need to display his dominance.  
Roleplaying Gems [Roleplaying + Community Area]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 117 118 119 120 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games