Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Joshmaul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:47 am
Is that how Doomrider (the old Slaanesh special character) is able to ride a bike instead of be a big-a** monster?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 5:57 am
Just a question for anyone who plays World Eaters, is the Red Tide format as effective under the new rules as the old Rhino Rush format was under the old ones?

And so non 'Zerker players can pitch in if need be, it involves taking a couple of squads of 16 Khorne Berzerkers, backed up by several more squads of 8 'Zerkers, all with free Aspiring Champions carrying Talismans of Burning Blood. And maybe a Bloodthirster or some tanks for support.  

darth603

Griffonstone

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:35 am
Joshmaul
Is that how Doomrider (the old Slaanesh special character) is able to ride a bike instead of be a big-a** monster?

Yes, but he's dead now. What a disgrace that model was to she who thirsts.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:29 pm
Eryu90
Joshmaul

Yes, but he's dead now. What a disgrace that model was to she who thirsts.

He died? What the hell happened?

Speaking of She Who Thirsts....die, Eldrad, die! Wait, he already did. More souls for the Prince of Chaos. Erm. *punishes himself for his blasphemy* biggrin  

Joshmaul

Griffonstone

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:41 am
Doomrider basically went the way of the squats and was dropped from the game because the model didn't sell well enough for GW to put him in the new Chaos codex or have a Chapter Approve rule set for him like Cypher, who was in the 1st Chaos codex, and will probably be in the new DA codex.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:52 pm
I never did use Doomrider. I never used cypher either. I use Ahirman every now and then for fluff. Is Typhus or the new slaneesh guy any good?  

Lord Sivart

Joshmaul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:02 am
Lord Sivart
I never did use Doomrider. I never used cypher either. I use Ahirman every now and then for fluff. Is Typhus or the new slaneesh guy any good?

Typhus is good if you don't use ranged combat, except for psychic powers; as for Lucius,the only way you can use him is if you convert a model to represent him. GW hasn't made a model, and isn't planning on it.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:32 am
Lucius is okay, he is pretty good in close combat, though his lash of torment is kind of useless with the new assault rules.  

Griffonstone

Prodius

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:48 pm
hey, I'd like some advice from you players out there...

my current army consists of 12 Undivided Marines, 11 Undivided Possessed, 8 Berzerkers, a Defiler named Antonio, three bikers, and a chaos lord.

I want to make my army bigger, but I'm not sure what to add...

I was thinking I'd add another Elite squad... maybe more Berzerkers or some Thousand Sons... perhaps a vehicle or two.

any suggestions?  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 11:01 pm
I suggest using the army list reviewer topic.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Kane Errient

Dangerous Survivor

5,550 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:55 am
Prodius

my current army consists of 12 Undivided Marines, 11 Undivided Possessed, 8 Berzerkers, a Defiler named Antonio, three bikers, and a chaos lord.

I was thinking I'd add another Elite squad... maybe more Berzerkers or some Thousand Sons... perhaps a vehicle or two.

any suggestions?

7 Havocs with asp champ Kai gun and 4 plasma guns, I can smell melting necrons can't you?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 11:02 am
Kane_2003
Prodius

any suggestions?

7 Havocs with asp champ Kai gun and 4 plasma guns, I can smell melting necrons can't you?

In a small- points game, I'd consider such a squad to be a little bit cheesy (plus the way the Gets Hot! rule was changed makes it very dicey as well). Why not add another squad or two of Chaos Space Marines, or a Daemon pack?  

darth603

Lord Sivart

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:23 pm
darth603
Kane_2003
Prodius

any suggestions?

In a small- points game, I'd consider such a squad to be a little bit cheesy (plus the way the Gets Hot! rule was changed makes it very dicey as well). Why not add another squad or two of Chaos Space Marines, or a Daemon pack?

I agree basic troops provide a nice flexible core for any army, and are less points than elite troops so you tend to have more.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:06 pm
sounds good to me...

hey, a question: if I decide to use a demon pack, where do I get models for the demons?  

Prodius

Abyss

Beloved Soldier

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:09 pm
you buy the choas setting for demons it can be use in 40k and fantesy.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games