Welcome to Gaia! ::

ashdown

Back to Guilds

rp guild for the community "ashdown" 

Tags: magical, realism, roleplay 

Reply ashdown
[COMPLETE] Congregation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:38 pm
Another mystery, another round of questions with no answers. If someone really was trying to frame Shun, then who and why? It was at this point Jamie decided to let it go, at least for now, in favor of what they'd come here to do. He didn't trust Shun, not like he had before, but...

Shiloh... Jamie muttered in their mind, not because he wanted to be contradictory, but because he hated to see Shiloh this worked up. He had enough stress to deal with any normal day. Don't let them get to you, he tried, It's not worth it. We... we have our goals, we know what we gotta do... Another squeeze.

Even so, there was a sour sort of resonance in their headspace as he listened to what Jeremiah had to say. Like Shun, he found it hard to swallow back resentment over what he'd been told.

Topic: Differentiation

"I still think we should keep differentiation, but if we really need a way to pass down knowledge like Kuroda says, it shouldn't be solely through nobles. No one should have to live the equivalent of... of damn near forever if they don't want to. If someone wants to," he looked poignantly at Jer, "I guess that's on them."

Not to say he didn't plan on looking into alternatives with Shiloh, but that wasn't something everyone else needed to know.

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:41 pm
Lily had drifted towards the conversation around Nasir, choosing not to make eye contact with anyone in particular. She instead watched the surroundings, listened to Silk, and then observed the various conversations impassively, her arms crossed and her expression flat. When it felt like there was a suitable pause in between the actual adults talking, she raised her hand to make sure she wouldn't be speaking over anyone else, then coughed to clear her throat.

"What if there was, like...a rock-paper-scissors situation for the three groups, with no sole reigning power?" Lily offered with a shrug, glancing out over the assembly. "The nobles were put in place to watch over the otherworld and make sure nothing gets out of hand, but no offense, I didn't vote for any of you, and it's kind of--umm--divine right oligarchy or whatever to just have a small group of people making decisions on everyone's behalf and hand-picking successors without any accountability. It doesn't half to be the geas, and I'm not saying we get rid of the nobles, but there has to be some kind of actual checks and balances system or this whole out-contracting each other is never going to stop, in this cycle or another one."

She started to put her hand down, but had a thought and raised it back up again. "Also let the record show that the whole 'replacing people with other people' shtick is a** and there's got to be a better way to tell people you're at noble boot camp." Having said her piece to the peanut gallery, she lowered her hand, settling it on Nasir's shoulder with a soft glance his way.

azuredreams
hello bro

AMItotic
Crew

Nebulous Trash

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:47 pm
"Forgive me," Eli drawled, brushing a hand against Oliver's arm in a casual-comfort sort of greeting. He didn't realize he was nearly in the doghouse thanks to a certain shoulder bat. "I bumped into someone," literally, "and got a bit distracted."

He was telling the truth, at least, cut him some slack.

"I'll be honest, I'm not sure giving me a run down will help much. I'm trying to follow, but," he sighed, hating to admit it, "it's confusing."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:03 pm
Topic : Differentiation

"A term limit was suggested," America began, Ezra's words still clear in her mind. "As long as it's in out intent, we can limit folks to being bound to this for only one cycle past their own. They can train up an apprentice in that cycle and be able to die or be reset like normal after. We can keep a group from being bound outside the cycles and going...crazy with it. Losing their ability to care about the lives in either world."

Topic : Geas

"What if it could only be invoked in a court? Not like..." America gestured around. "But like a court where you present evidence in front of a jury of your peers, those folks as are protecting both worlds, Noble, warg, moonwalker. Someone undifferentiated as well, because they belong to these worlds too. Each people represented."

Topic : Deer Triplets

"Pax didn't seem to want to lose his place in magic," America answered, before adding, "but that was months ago. And I think it might be best...if he's allowed a new start, a new birth in the world without his actions so many cycles ago still on his shoulders."

Topic : Spirit Bonded

"Unlike turning into a warg or moonwalker, to be a Noble you've got to earn it, in some way," America made a face, 'cause those ways could be awful and not at all productive. "If having a full spirit bond is that powerful, it needs to be earned thrice over that, far as I'm concerned," she added. "It should be a responsibility, not just access to more magic."  

lizbot

No Faun

saedusk

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:07 pm
Topic: Differentiation

"And what if... what if they don't even want to live one cycle past their own? Would that even be an option?" Jamie asked.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:09 pm
Marcus, as was his residual habit of being paranoid over anything remotely magical, had done his best to ignore the static gateway that was pressing at the edge of his awareness for a decent amount of time. Yet time was infinite, much unlike his patience and his holding back his equally curious self.

Danger screamed his paranoia, Answers said his curiosity.

Curiosity won out in the end, which was just how Marcus arrived a bit late to the meeting that was taking place. A quick survey around him told him most of what he needed to know. Things were happening once again, and things were risked once more, and as par the coarse, no one was set to agree unanimously just yet.

The Charter was to be remade, as the world had once been and a tiny part of him was just slightly unsettled with how they all seemed to have formed the habit of destruction and recreation. With a not so small sigh, he called forthw hat he knew would at least help him.
The whiskey tasted the same here as it did in Ashdown.  

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

cibarium
Crew

Noob

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:19 pm
topic: geas
"That sounds... good," Leila said, blinking with some surprise at America's suggestion. "So a summons instead of a geas. And the chance for negotiation."

topic: spirit-bonded
Eve nodded thoughtfully at America's suggestion. "Since my problem with Nobles is the amount of power they have, I have to admit you have a point," she begrudgingly admitted. "May I use the board?"

She wrote out a list on an empty part of the board:

Abilities

MAJOR:
Animal transformation
"Halfway" transformation based on animal (enhanced physically, especially in other ashdown)
Bonded animal familiar
Borrow sight of familiar

MINOR:
Enhanced senses based on animal
Telepathic communication with familiar
Familiarity/agreeableness from other animals of similar species
Etc...

"A fully spirit-bonded individual may have eventual access to all of these abilities, with few to none of the current drawbacks. What if we were allowed a limited pool of the major abilities, but were free to choose which ones we earn?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:22 pm
Topic: Nobility (Differentiation)

"We spoke of abdication as well. If a Noble does not want to continue on, then they should have the ability to step down even if it's the same cycle they became a Noble," replied Jeremiah. "I like the idea of a term, as well as picking someone to take your place as a Noble. I want to see a change to the process of those who become a Noble, make it an agreement between two parties. A contract of sorts that states just how long they're going to be gone, what is going to be expected, and the potential outcomes." No more death.

Topic: Geas

"I like that idea, America. Essentially each is present, a case made, and the geas used if necessary." Then he fell quiet again, watching as Eve wrote upon the whiteboard.  

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:34 pm
"Kuroda, lemme see ya hands," Preacher said suddenly, loudly. "'Cause I know I stabbed tha ******** what choked me in his goddamn hand. So let me see them, now." There were bruises still, ringed around her neck (they looked strange with her forming scars), across her cheek. If Shun looked at her with his shadow eye, he might see ball joints instead of elbows and wrists. Cracked skin like fading porcelain, a doll left to rot when it was no longer useful.

"As for tha rest, ********' I ain't give a ******** 'cept make s**t even. I don't want the ********' pack touch, but I know I'm a damn minority. But I like bein' a animal. Nobles can be nobles, but they damn op, so I ain't mind tha geas, though if there was a way... like I could pop it out n' tell all y'all to pop over tha railing n' that's a bit much." She sat back in her chair, took another picture of Chester. "There's tha library for passing s**t down, but if we all repeat, none of us gon know about the library, so we're ********."

She glanced over at Alexis. "Why tha ******** ya over here, anyway?"

daekie
blade kuroda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:39 pm
"Hi, Silk, it's a bit heavy - I put in a lot of ice, didn't want to do anything magical." Then, lower, in a tone meant only for Silk to hear. "She's recovering well, stayed home to sleep; I think she's tired of me hovering." The cooler was carefully set by Silk's feet. He smiled at her, searching her face briefly. There was nothing more to saw, no platitudes, no 'we can do it', because it had come down to the time, to the fact that they simply would. "Thank you, Silk," was all he said further. And then he ambled back to his group.

"Sorry," he said to Ollie. "Nugget doesn't like sharing." Suddenly, people seemed to erupt into talking and he felt like shrinking away. Eli came over, and that was a little better, but there were so many people repeating themselves, discussing grand ideas - it was hard to focus. Horace had gone a bit pale. He swayed, bumped into someone.

melancholies
hes dying
saedusk
help

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

azuredreams
Crew

Snarky OTP

33,025 Points
  • Married 100
  • Falling For You 25
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:42 pm
Nasir smiled at Lily when she spoke, in agreement. The Court, in his opinion, was good in theory but not in practice. The Charter being remade was a good thing, especially since there was so much chance here for change and good change.

The only question he had, however, he was not sure could be answered by anyone present.

Topic: Spirit-bonded

"Silk," he took a step forward, towards her, giving a respectful nod. "Since we are discussing things and making plans, maybe thinking about the full spirit-bond again ... Can you tell us something that happened that lead to the decision to split it, if you know of it? It would help people make decisions and be more sure of what they want when the time comes."

shibroswol

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:44 pm
Cassandra's half-interested posture perked when a familiar face entered the fray of all this Charter nonsense. While she didn't immediately leave Jeremiah and Algi- okay, she actually did retreat from their presence to sneak across the way to settle up next to the familiar man with his white streak of hair.

She didn't even say hello as she settled in next to him without a word. Cass just grinned like an idiot.

istoleyurvamps

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:46 pm
    Topic: Geas

Shiloh seemed to consider this, "Use a geas to find the truth to the cause at hand." And then he shrugged, "With every class represented. Sure. I'm into it." He seemed placated at least. "Also..."

Topic: Otherworld

"Obviously, magic is a lot more tangible in this universe, on our side." He gave the group a slow glance over, "But I've talked to people and I've basically understood it like this: the Charter split the classes, but it split the magic up too. We got lots of stuff over here that used to be on our side at one point. That being said, the Charter could be changed to do lots of crazy stuff, like bringing the flow of time to the Otherworld, possibly letting more magic onto our side of the veil—" He stopped himself "—I'm not saying I'm for it, I'm just giving examples to show that... we could change a lot more than just the classes, if anyone had any thoughts to how the Otherworld could be re-worked, if we should even touch that aspect of s**t at all."

I know, he told Jamie, I know, it's just hard, I'm sorry... their headspace was pulsing with what felt like a headache. If I can swing even a few things in our favor, it'll be worth it. He gave him a loving look.

- - -

Topic: spirit-bonded

"It does seem like something very tricky to obtain." Oliver noted casually, "Or master, I guess. I still barely have the hang of my wereform, let alone taking responsibility for a familiar. Still, I like the idea of... earning it, I guess. Working for it. We're at an obvious disadvantage in the sense that... we don't know exactly how dangerous it was, or why the original principals decided they needed to break it."

"It's better to keep that power in the hands of those capable and responsible enough to handle it." He said with a nod, "Perhaps a seasoned were or a seasoned warg could have the foresight to undergo such an endeavor? We could learn from each other. Have it be something passed down and taught like the Nobles are..." To Eve, he added, "Keeping it limited to a pool is probably safer, but..." He hmm'd a little.

He responded to Elliot's touch well enough, even if he hadn't seen it coming. "It is confusing, I know..." He tried to offer support. "It's mostly for the differentiated..." Suddenly Horace was looking a little woozy, Hey. Hey? Stay with us. He reached out, but then hesitated, can I touch you?

saedusk
    baes

cibarium
    good thoughts

The Semblance of Unity
    bb...

Quote:
    idk everyne else idk who to tag DIES

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 7:50 pm
"It's... it's not a cult, I hope. We're just re-ordering some magical code. Like rewriting a program. The one system had a lot of flaws and holes - that's what everyone is, um, discussing right now. Trying to decide how to change things. Don't worry if it seems really confusing; it's like you've dived right into advanced programming." She smiled a bit wanly.

"But hey, if you needed more proof you were magical... this is it." She gestured to Rabbit. "Rabbit was my, uh.... mentor for part of my.... uh, magical studies. For now, I'd suggest just listening; try to be a sponge. You can ask me anything, though."

melancholies

Smerdle

The Semblance of Unity

Predestined Victim

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:00 pm
Shun turned to Preacher, then moved from his spot on the wall to let her look over both his hands. She didn't state which one, after all. Both of his hands had no sign of injury. No open wounds. No scars.

"Have at them," he stated flatly. He wasn't amused with this in the slightest, but if she had harmed her assaulter in some way, then this might be one way to ease the stack of evidence against him.

Her inner darkness... was intriguing. He still needed to figure out how to better read what he saw, though.

While he let her inspect his hands, he glanced over at the others.

Geas

"Something akin to a trial would be acceptable. Having it be a thing for all would be good as well," he grunted, agreeing with what was currently being proposed.

the semblance of unity

ashdown

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces