Welcome to Gaia! ::

❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringmaster Fanguild)

Back to Guilds

Enter the tent and enjoy a wide variety of fun in the world of Gaian circuses! 

Tags: Ringmaster, Ringleader, Role Play, Circus, Cirque du gothique 

Reply ❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)
The Alice Thing Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Borb

Rainbow Glitch

19,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Summer Celebrant 150
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:07 pm
t h e C a r d M a s t e r

Lol. I was wondering because I know the Morality is in the drama whatever RIG.

Yeah, I won it as a re-release. Hahah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:12 pm
Kaori242
Silent Cartoon
So...so...thinking about a point made earlier. ...Sil has gone to plenty of Stelle shows...so she's at least seen everyone. XD Sooo.

Okay, yeah, back on topic.

Sil should probably still be Alice.

What characters do we have left? If only Luciano is the Cheshire Cat, that leaves Mel free to take on a role too, doesn't it? Can anyone think of a character that fits?

(I don't know Alice in Wonderland very well.)

The DUCHESS. rofl  

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:21 pm
Kaori242
Silent Cartoon
So...so...thinking about a point made earlier. ...Sil has gone to plenty of Stelle shows...so she's at least seen everyone. XD Sooo.

What characters do we have left? If only Luciano is the Cheshire Cat, that leaves Mel free to take on a role too, doesn't it? Can anyone think of a character that fits?

The DUCHESS. rofl

Wasn't Icarus the ... ?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:22 pm
Kaori242
Kaori242
Silent Cartoon

The DUCHESS. rofl

Wasn't Icarus the ... ?

Fine... Who else is close to the Cheshire Cat though? >:  

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:40 pm

Well, technically, Sil doesn't know who Luciano is, or that he even exists. Meldellevo could be anyone, really.

I've always felt that the Cheshire cat was mysterious. Special. Maybe everyone else really is the result of Sil's twisted interpretations of the characters, and their personalities and images are projected into her Wonderland, while Luciano's soul is actually there, taking the form of the Cheshire Cat? In order to observe her, since he senses great power (Izu) from her?

Cause I've been looking through Wikipedia, and the Cheshire Cat seems beholden to no one.

Mel could be the pepper cook.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:49 pm
Kaori242

Well, technically, Sil doesn't know who Luciano is, or that he even exists. Meldellevo could be anyone, really.

I've always felt that the Cheshire cat was mysterious. Special. Maybe everyone else really is the result of Sil's twisted interpretations of the characters, and their personalities and images are projected into her Wonderland, while Luciano's soul is actually there, taking the form of the Cheshire Cat? In order to observe her, since he senses great power (Izu) from her?

Cause I've been looking through Wikipedia, and the Cheshire Cat seems beholden to no one.

O.o No. Mel is so not the pepper cook. There is no reason for him to be such a random tyrant.

The Cheshire Cat is technically the Duchess's, as he sorta lives at her house. Kinda like a normal cat that leaves and comes when it feels like.

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:51 pm
Kaori242

O.o No. Mel is so not the pepper cook. There is no reason for him to be such a random tyrant.

The Cheshire Cat is technically the Duchess's, as he sorta lives at her house. Kinda like a normal cat that leaves and comes when it feels like.

'Twas just a joke wink

To be honest, though, Mel could be any number of subservient roles.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:52 pm
Kaori242
'Twas just a joke wink

To be honest, though, Mel could be any number of subservient roles.

Lol.. I suppose so.  

acrid hime
Vice Captain

Questionable Protagonist

Silent Cartoon
Captain

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:16 pm
Lucie works as Cheshire because while Sil probably isn't aware of him, Izu more than likely is. And because Izu is messing around with Sil's mind, there's probably some part in her subconscious that would recognize him.

....Its confusing. There's two people in one body..and one's working to take over the other. XD

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:47 pm
Silent Cartoon

....Its confusing. There's two people in one body..and one's working to take over the other. XD

Strangely though, in my rereading of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland., I've noticed one or two parallels between Alice and Sil.

One such is an interesting quote in the first chapter, Down the Rabbit Hole, in which Alice thinks to herself "But it's no use now [...] to pretend to be two people! Why there's barely enough of me left to make one respectable person!" When you think of this guild's name, as well as the quote on the front page of the freebie thread ("You may have noticed I'm not quite all there"), and also the quotation from Sil listed above, it's interesting to see how the quotation from Alice might be very appropriate in describing Silencieux, pertaining to her mental state and unknown inner struggle with Izunala. Her sanity is wavering already, that there's barely enough of it left to handle being one person, let alone two.

On another tangent, Mel and the Duchess. It actually suits him quite well. (It's just curious why we keep giving him female roles) There's a bit of a question as to why /Mel/ would have a baby (Is Lucie the dad?), but the antagonism with Mrs. Puppett is still there, and the variable, double personalities are also valid, as shown in the main RP. (He brings down the house, literally, one moment, and the next, he's helping poor cripples cross the street) There's also the power dynamics with Lucie as well, much more obviously than with Icarus, seeing how the ringmaster isn't even aware of Lucie's existence. Come to think of it, it might actually fit Mel better due to his closer relationship with Luciano.

I'm pretty sure that I could find another role for Icarus, so by all means, allow the post of Duchess go to Meldevello!  

Rose of Hope
Crew

Alemir

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:15 am
It may just be me, I don't really see any parallels between Tweedledee and Tweedledum and Tapeworm and Parasite. Sure, both are sets of twins but beyond that, I'm kind of confused why they'd make a good Dee and Dum.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:26 am
Rose of Hope

Yooou and your research. I forgot about that line, to tell you the truth...but it makes sense! xD

And I don't know about Parasite and Tapeworm....I don't...really know about how Dee and Dum are written, since I haven't read Through the Looking Glass. >A> .

Silent Cartoon
Captain

6,650 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:17 pm
Rose of Hope

WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?

Well, if it's going to fit, who am I go to say no? I'll change that up, but we should try to find a role for Icarus now smile

Also ... he'll be the Duke, I guess? Is that okay?

Uber Spain
Sure, both are sets of twins

That's the only reason I had, really.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:30 pm
Kaori242

Actually, I think it's only in more recent portrayals and stuff that the Tweedle are twins. In Through the Looking Glass, they're just rivals who won't stop arguing, and then fight in a juvenile fashion, right? Portrayals have distorted the role quite a bit. I don't think it's ever stated that they were twins.

Lol, if Icarus is the duke, then doesn't it mean he and Mel are married? XD

EDIT:

Ok, I found the clarification on the Tweedle thing. They were stated to be brothers, but due to the way they complement each others' words in a strange speech pattern, they were commonly perceived as identical twins. It has also been argued that they could possibly be meant to be 'enantiomorphs', which are 3D mirror images, so the speak.

This strange speech pattern between the two as well as the enantiomorphs concept certainly would be fitting for Parasite & Tapeworm, seeing as they are supposedly 'two halves of the same person' as they were brought up to believe.

However, there are still several disconcrepancies between the role and the role-holders. The Tweedles' relationship is rather full of clinflict and rivalry, but Parasite & Tapeworm are rather united in their actions, beliefs etc. This is a major point in the role. Also, there are few similarites between the Tweedles and Parasite & Tapeworm besides those mentioned. So... Choose the role if you will. There are suitable reasons for both.

If anything, though, I think the role is best suited for two childish individuals who are always at odds with each other, and arguing... But that's just my opinion.

Silent Cartoon

English literature and analysis are the few fields I can flaunt, so when I get the chance... xD

Rose of Hope
Crew

Kaori242

Gracious Humorist

9,450 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:21 pm
Rose of Hope

Lol, if Icarus is the duke, then doesn't it mean he and Mel are married? XD

NONONONONO, I meant, could we call Mel "Duke" instead of "Duchess"? Or is there an actual character called the Duke?

Quote:
If anything, though, I think the role is best suited for two childish individuals who are always at odds with each other, and arguing... But that's just my opinion.

Is there anyone right now? The only "pairs" I can remember off-hand are Parasite and Tapeworm and Aure and Steed. What do you think?  
❖⊱- Not Quite There -⊰❖ (A Ringleader Fanguild)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games