Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:32 pm
"She called me Bait." Beta 8 piped up from where he sat. He was missing his team mate, but he knew better than to show it. He tried not to get noticed but now everyone's attention was on him and........was that the bandage girl from the pink guys? 'Ah s**t.'

"As I'm guessing with pinkie here, some reaper came into my home base and told me to come through the portal, and I'm guessing this is the Dark Cove, as your 'names match the names in the text we'd recieved.' He knew he never talked this much. It felt uncomfortable and he had to clear his throat multiple times. ''I thought I had died......so many of her," his head nodded towards pinkie, "team had jumped me after the Death Pony said there was a pendant....but I just woke up in the tent....then told...no, made to come here......" His hands were fisting in frustration, and for once he was grateful for the mask, for it hid his angry tears. "How many people are there? How many have died already? How much longer are we going to be forced to do some sick....thing's bidding??"  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:43 pm
Deli was too friendly. Delta Seven sighed and shook his head. Not that he should be surprised, since Deli was the one who'd gotten the guys bonding when they first arrived. At least Deli would make sure these guys got nicknames, if they didn't have them already.

"Calm down," he said to Bait. The Beta was getting near-hysterical. Delta Seven didn't have the patience for that sort of thing.

He was interested to hear that the reaper was collecting more people to his 'training'. It made D7 all the more curious about what they would have to do next.

"You were told in the classroom that this was a survival thing. Of course people are gonna team up and kill others off, if it's the only way for them to live through this." D7 might be slightly biased there, as someone who'd tried to kill another person off for the pendant. He hadn't succeeded, but it seemed that the pink team had been? How interesting.

"You helped kill this guy off?" he asked Pinkie. It'd be worth knowing if she had the stomach for the hard decisions. Also, if she could confirm that this guy had died. In which case, what the hell!? Though maybe he shouldn't be surprised, since there was a spectre of death in charge of this area right now.  

kalindara

Trira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:46 pm
E-3 was surprised by the sudden bombardment of people speaking when she had arrived. Someone, introducing himself as Delta-Seven or Davii, said that they were indeed in the cove. When he mentioned a reaper, she looked at him and said, "This Reaper you speak of...did they have a glowing blue weapon? Because if so...I believe I've met them before."

She paused, then listened for a moment before speaking. "I am Epsilon Three, E-3 for short...I don't have any other names, although someone did call me Band-aids before..." She trailed off quietly, then spoke again. "I'm not sure what happened, but the result was myself awakening in my base tent, then the cloaked figure told me to come through a portal, and I stepped out in here." She gave a slight shrug, then looked at those around her. How many teams were there?

At the question of her helping kill off the Beta boy, she shook her head hard. "No. I did see him fall though...I had thought he was dead. I was my team's medic, so I didn't attack him. Although then I was pounced by a majority of his team. I must say I am rather proud of myself for surviving three rounds of them attacking me, although then the horse is what pushed me into passing out....if passing out was what I did. Perhaps I too had...'died'...?"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:52 pm
Interesting . . .

Deli shuddered with the knowledge even as the voice within him had spoken with dark, delighted curiosity. Were they denied even the safety of death here? Was this already hell? "Great . . . And here I was thinking killing those things would be the end of our grief," he mused with a sigh.

Well if nothing else, maybe a few deaths of his own would make him less indecisive, more action-spurred to fight for his survival.

But then another detail caught him more than dying and coming back as right as rain. "Wait. D-Did you just say there's more than one of those horses?" Deli asked Bait with growing fear apparent in his voice. "And it talked?"

Oh God. Oh God. He switched topics as fast as he could.

"S-So E-3 . . . Hmm. Pree sound okay to you? I can come up with more. But did you say you were the healer?" He perked up.

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:55 pm
"Crying and hysteria won't get you anywhere." He agreed with Davii quietly and then just watched the new comers as they explained their situation. Odd that Death would send them here of all places unless he planned to really put a hurting on them for some reason. Despite everything he wasn't really all that bothered by doing these things to survive - all he's suffering from is a mild bout of paranoia about everything that happens to him on the island.

This person is after him. That person is after him. He wants to protect someone. Monsters are coming to eat him. He's being summoned somewhere. The thing he took best to or at least with the most lack of emotion was the fact that people try to kill each other or die in front of him.

"If the guy at the class room is right, we signed ourselves up for this mess...Maybe," Theta Seven observed again. There was still some debate over that.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:59 pm
"Well, us four aren't dead, so I doubt you are," he said to E-3. "And it seems Bait here is no longer dead, either. Weird, but no more so than anything else that's happened here."

Reaper, hell ponies, phones that could teleport you around an island... Dead people coming back to life fit right in with the strangeness of it all.

"You've got bandages, then?" Delta Seven perked up to hear that. "Would you mind...?" he held out a wound on his arm from the shadow monsters. Not bad enough to use his first aid kit, but if there was a chance he could be healed back to full before the Reaper returned for the next round of torture training...

E-3 would be worth keeping around for that.

((HP: 27))  

kalindara

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:22 pm
"B-bandaid? I could use a few of those..." Theta-1 mumbled from behind Deli. "I want a cool name...Please." Might be a good idea to be polite to the mysterious newcomers. Especially since they seemed just as confused. And then, Bait was it? She wasn't doing well and since she was a girl too Theta-1 felt for her.
"It'll be ok, promise. Until they come back I could do with a heal too...Please." She smiled until she realizes no one could see it. Oops...

(HP: 17)  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:31 pm
It wasn't quite the relaxing break that Delta-Seven had hoped for, with these new people showing up. Still, at least there weren't monsters to fight at the same time.

He was no means as good with the nicknames as Deli was. But he threw a few at Theta-One after thinking over the different ways of how it was written. "Theone?" he said, pronouncing it 'thee-own'. "Tia? Thea?"

There were plenty to choose from, depending on what struck the girl's fancy. Of course, he also had no idea what nicknames the other Thetas had, so maybe he was overlapping without realising it.  

kalindara

Trira

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:07 pm
After E-3 had finished her explanation, one of the boys, (Deli, was that what they'd called him?) suggested the name Pree to her. She tilted her head, rolling the sound around in her mind. It was quite a logical pun, the sort of thing E-3 apparently liked. She gave a nod. "Pree sounds suitable. Better than Bandaids, I suppose. Thank you."

When everyone began to ask her if she was really the healer, if she could heal them, and other such questions, E-3 gave a surprised blink. She should have expected such a reaction, especially since these people seemed to be weary. She swung her bag to the front of her, opening it. "The question would be, do I still have the bandages...? They may have been looted from my 'corpse', as that also happened to my med-kit." And with that, she began to dig through the bag.

((Due to some confusion on my part, I'm not sure if E-3 still has her bandages, so I'm checking with Zoo to see if she does. ^^; )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:42 pm
(( Methinks not, since those that died had to reroll their weapons when they woke up, along with losing the use of a kit. ))

It'd be nice to know they did have a healer, so Deli fervently hoped that her bag had not been thoroughly looted between death and rebirth, or whatever that was that happened. Letting her do so, and quite pleased that Pree liked her new nickname, he set about thinking on Theta-1's. "She is . . . The One," Deli said in a rather deep, meaningful voice - a la Morpheus. "Maybe this really is the Matrix then. 'Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself.'"

That about summed it up, didn't it?

"No but seriously, I like Thea~ So that's now . . . Pree, Thea, Deli, Davii, Thev, and . . . Bait." Deli wasn't sure that was a good name in the scheme of things, but to each his own? "I wonder . . ."

More quotes sprang to mind. Maybe he was an avid watcher of the movie? Or a good improv voice actor. He tapped his chin, remembering it slowly, and put back on the Morpheus voice. "'Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know you can't explain, but you feel it. You've felt it your entire life, that there's something wrong with the world . . . '"

Somehow, this felt all too true. But why? Deli had just been trying to joke with Davii's suggestion, and then all of a sudden it just turned . . . somber.

Which meant it was a pretty crappy joke then, whatever its true meaning.

Mediciner

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:15 pm

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"How's the break, did you enjoy the scenery, relax a bit, perhaps, get to know each other better?" The last few words were dripping with sarcasm.

Both sides of the barricades lifted as they walked towards the students all huddled together. The figure put both his hands together. "Okay, anyway moving on to part three, the return of the something something. You know that really long movie, I think there was some sort of ring, and an old man, or two old men, and..." Blank stares all around. "Yeah I'm getting off topic again."

The air around them hummed as their weapon flickered to life again. They simply lowered it to the ground, end digging into the dirt and drawing a line. A line between the original four summoned and Epsilon Three and Beta Eight. "The rules are simple. You all have weapons. You all don't have first aid kits." When the six turned around to check any remaining first aid kits they had, they would find all kits were indeed missing. "I've procured them for the duration of this exercise. All you have to do, my trainees" - and here he gave the Alpha and Zeta crew a flourish - "is kill the two newcomers. Oh right, you call them 'Epsilon Three and Beta Eight'." Airquotes. "I'll give you a fair hint: kill them fast. Remove them. We don't need them anymore."

Tick tick tick, it was the sound of a pocket watch as the stranger took it from underneath their coat and hung it on one of the closer torch racks. It read: 12:00 am. "You will have twenty-four hours to kill those two. If you do not, all of you will die, and when I say dead, I mean dead. Permanently. The end. You will never know why you are here or what you are here for. And I will make sure you all stay that way."

CLANK CLANK. The gates closed again after the stranger, leaving all six members enclosed in a very tight space, less than ten feet all directions.

((THE FINAL PART: SUDDEN DEATH

- Epsilon Three and Beta Eight MUST BE KILLED in order for the rest of the party members to survive. This is a must.
- Your weapons now do 2x the damage that you roll for. Ie, if you hit for recoil to yourself, it does 2x the damage to YOU. If you do not miss and hit the opponent it does 2x the damage after all calculations have been made. (Ie, I rolled a 6, I subtract 4 from it, I do 2 damage. 2x2 bonus = 4 total damage)
- When attacking, please follow the correct PVP rules. The same battle rules apply as to everyone. (Ie: You cannot attack twice without waiting for your opponent to respond, however two or three or four people can hit one opponent).
- To battle unfair advantages, Epsilon Three AND Beta Eight can only be hurt until 1 HP. When they hit 1 HP they are now stunned. They cannot be hurt or hit anyone else, please wait for a GM response, if you get this far. Please take all efforts to respond, otherwise you will be docked rp points.
- Everyone else other than the two can be killed via normal conventions (ie: if you HP hits zero and you are part of the Alpha or Zeta team here, you will go to the death thread) ))

Mediciner rolled 2 6-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-12)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:56 pm
Trira
After E-3 had finished her explanation, one of the boys, (Deli, was that what they'd called him?) suggested the name Pree to her. She tilted her head, rolling the sound around in her mind. It was quite a logical pun, the sort of thing E-3 apparently liked. She gave a nod. "Pree sounds suitable. Better than Bandaids, I suppose. Thank you."

When everyone began to ask her if she was really the healer, if she could heal them, and other such questions, E-3 gave a surprised blink. She should have expected such a reaction, especially since these people seemed to be weary. She swung her bag to the front of her, opening it. "The question would be, do I still have the bandages...? They may have been looted from my 'corpse', as that also happened to my med-kit." And with that, she began to dig through the bag.

((Due to some confusion on my part, I'm not sure if E-3 still has her bandages, so I'm checking with Zoo to see if she does. ^^; ))

(( A'rollin'~ *gaemfaec* ))

No more pretending this was a movie. Back to reality once more. Where did the hours go . . . ?

Deli listened with a blank expression behind his gas mask. and behind that, dull horror. Somewhere, in the back of his mind (was the thought from it?) he knew that what Grim told them could have been a possibility. why else suddenly bring in two people that weren't mentioned on the text?

"Knowing is half the battle". Bullshit. He wished he didn't think or know such things, that he didn't have to in order to survive.

But that was the choice given to them: kill or be killed. The line was, quite literally, drawn. The clock was, quite literally, ticking away - in sight, in hearing distance if all was quiet.

And all was, for a brief moment after the hooded figure left. And then -

Step. Step. Step.

Like an automaton, Deli marched slowly, purposefully towards Pree - no, not Pree, he reminded himself. This was just an enemy that was wearing pink now.

It lessened the moral dilemma, somewhat.

"I just . . . I wish we didn't have to do this," Deli said after a while, just one step away from crossing the line. "I really don't. But I believe that if you die, you shouldn't come back. Maybe you guys didn't, maybe you did and Grim felt like playing God. I don't pretend I know, mkay?

"But I do know . . ."
- He stepped over the line -

"That if I was given the chance to make sure someone didn't have to suffer anymore, I'd take it. And I think this island's too much for some people." - Delta Nine's curled up figure in the base came to mind -

"So . . . don't take it personally, alright you two? You can if you want, but . . . But I don't want to die, alright? Me, Thev, Davii, we got people we gotta go back to. Think of it as . . . as being put to sleep."

No more worries. No more troubles. Deli curled his hand into a fist and threw it towards Eta III's head. Maybe if he hit hard enough, he could knock her out. Things would be much, much easier to handle . . .

[[ Weapon: Melee
Damage to Self: 0
Damage to Eta III: 9 - 6 = 3 x 2 = 6 damage
Current HP: 30 ]]

Mediciner

Pales rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 4 Total: 6 (2-12)

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 12:22 am
Trira

((Due to some confusion on my part, I'm not sure if E-3 still has her bandages, so I'm checking with Zoo to see if she does. ^^; )

Theta Seven stood up when the figure appeared and then started to bring to light the next task while it drew a line between them and the two newest people to arrive. He clenched his fists a little as he listened staring across at the other two. This might be what he usually didn't do in day to day life but it was something that he was determined to see through. The figure disappeared again after setting the task and he tilted his head to the side.

"Don't get me wrong, you two. Been a lot of fun chatting it up with you but I don't plan to die because of I got a bit queasy over some sort of attachment or morals. I'm sorry it came to this and hey - who knows. You might get in a hit or two," he raised his fists up trying to decide on his target, "but I don't plan on going down if I can help it, not without taking someone with me. No hard feelings?"

Not that he honestly cared if they had hard feelings. Theta Seven fought too hard and too long to succumb.

He decided to follow with Deli's example and go after Epsilon Three. With a fist raised he swung at her but misaimed his attack and it whiffed on by.

((Weapon being used: Melee
Total Damage to self: 0
Total Damage to opponent E-3: 0 ( 4 + 2 = 6 | 6 - 6 = 0 | 0 x 2 = 0)
Total HP value left: 30))  
kalindara rolled 3 4-sided dice: 4, 4, 3 Total: 11 (3-12)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:43 am
Considering that this had been Delta Seven's original plan for the late comers, he wasn't having a moral crisis over the Reaper's new orders. He forced himself back onto his feet and picked up his stake. "Break time's over," he said wearily.

Deli and Thev took the first swings. It seemed they were both aiming for Epsilon Three. Might as well take them down as quickly as possible, and all go for the one target.

"Thea, take the same target as us," he advised. "This'll go a lot smoother if the four of us are working together."

So saying, he rushed at Epsilon Three, stabbing out with his stake. Bait had been dead before, possibly Pinkie had been the same. That made them a little less than human in any case - not that D7 would have acted differently even if that wasn't the case. This was his survival on the line. Pinkie and Bait would have done exactly the same.

[[Weapon: Stake
Roll Average: 11 / 3 = 3.666... Rounded up to 4.
Damage to Epsilon Three: 4 x 2 = 8
HP: 27 ]]  

kalindara

AyeAvast rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:28 am
"I'm the one!" Theta-1 giggled to herself. That all sounded extremely familiar but she couldn't place from where she had heard it... Oh well, no bother really. "Theone sounds like a boy's name, but I like Thea!" Which was good because already they were calling her that. Unfortunately there was no time to ascertain whether any of them could be healed or not because the ringleader arrived to issue a strange warning.
A warning that had the girl scrambling behind Deli, her gun up and poised for attack.
"I'm sorry." She told the two before squeezing the trigger and her eyes. She missed, but just by a hair. Next time she wouldn't.

(Weapon used: Gun
Damage done: 0
HP: 17)

(are we supposed to quote who we're attacking? since i didn't hit anyone i didn't. also, using onscreen keyboard which takes forever so sorry for the short posts.)  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff