Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts Guild of Witchcraft and Wizadry

Back to Guilds

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where Gaia Online users come to learn magic. 

Tags: Harry, Potter, Hogwarts, Witches, Wizards 

Reply Old Locked Threads (Viewing Only)
Astronomy with Professor xX_hang_me_higher_Xx <3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Synchronised Mosher

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:06 pm
      User Image
      Hello Professor. And students.
      I'm new to Hogwarts.
      I can't wait to learn about the sky!

Demi Akbal, First Year

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:41 pm
~Ravenclaw~

*Ghaleon comes up to the Astronomy tower and looks around, trying to figure out what if any stars everyone is currently looking at before turning to the professor smiling broadly*

Hello Professor, just started today.. or tonight. I hope to learn a lot while I'm here.

Ghaleonx5z

ChasingFantasy

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:45 am
User ImageUser Image
Her body dissolves into foam,
but instead of
ceasing to exist,
she feels the warmth of the sun;
she has turned into a spirit,
a daughter of the
air.

"The castle looked eerie at night, but she had to hold her head high and rush to the Astronomy tower as soon as she could. She passed a ghost on her way, telling her not to run in the halls, and after apologizing, slowed to a walk. Once out of sight of any one else, she sprinted faster to get to class. She came to a screeching halt as she found herself in front of the stairs to the tower. Opening the door that lead to the observation room, she searched for the professor.

"Ma'am, sorry I'm late, I had lost track of time while studying in the library. My name is Fantasy and I'm new to the school." She took a deep breath and continued. "What is it that we are doing at the moment?"
                                              "

[Hufflepuff | Through and through!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm
Oh, new students :]

Hello there, and it's fine. I'm not giving a penalty for being slightly late. So don't worry about a thing.

What I request that you do, the new students who recently came in, is to use the telescopes and map out different stars and planets.

Also Sparrow Puppy, that's correct! No need to be nervous giving answers in this class, I don't bite~!

-Our Little Wonderland-

10,350 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100

ChasingFantasy

8,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:55 pm
User ImageUser Image
Her body dissolves into foam,
but instead of
ceasing to exist,
she feels the warmth of the sun;
she has turned into a spirit,
a daughter of the
air.

"Heading over to the nearest outlet to place her telescope, Fantasy began to adjust the height and position the lens to a place in the sky she could recognize a cluster of starts. From where she stood she could see the distinct line of three stars making up Orion's Belt. Looking down at her text book, she muttered as she read. "Orion's Belt is an asterism of Orion, constructed using Alnitak, Alnilam, and Mintaka stars." She plotted them on her parchment, and assigned each star name accordingly. From there Fantasy checked her scope again, angling it differently and finding more constellations.

Approximately 15 minutes later a rough outline of major constellations, big named stars, and planets where scattered around her paper. It had been tedious work looking into the sky, dotting a few things down, then double checking in her book what star or planet she had just drawn, but she wanted to be correct over anything else. Looking over everything she had done, erasing mistakes completely, she stood from the stool she sat, angling the telescope away from herself so she could move, and handed her assignment to where the teacher stood.

"Here Professor, I hope this is correct. Though I must say, this is a lot harder than it looks."
                                              "

[Hufflepuff | Through and through!]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:14 pm
Thank you Fantasy, and don't worry- I bet you did fine :]

-Our Little Wonderland-

10,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100

Synchronised Mosher

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:25 pm
      User ImageUser Image
      Demi watches as Fantasy expertly fiddles with the telescope and plots the stars and planets. After a while, she remembers she's supposed to be doing the same.
      Taking out some parchment and a quill, she then adjusts her telescope as best she could - though it did seem a blurred as she looked through it - and found Alcyone. She noted it on her parchment and proceeded to mark down Merope, Electra, Caleano and all the other major stars in the Pleiades cluster, continually referring back to her book for the star names.

Demi Akbal, First Year Ravenclaw
See profile

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:51 pm
User Image

*Twiddles with knobs on telescope*
I wish I were better at this, I'm going to spend all class doing this
*finally gets a pretty clear view of the stars*
I wonder if I can find my Libra constellation....
*Pours over star charts and looks through and adjusts telescope every few minutes*
Hmm....

YumeNightfire27

Naughty Fairy

13,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100

YumeNightfire27

Naughty Fairy

13,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:07 pm
User Image

Well hello, I am new to class and very excited. (I cannot usually come to any classes until around now, will this pose a problem? It seems like no one's ever really here at this time.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:33 pm
      User Image
      Are we to PM our assignments Professor?

Yume Nightfire, Hufflepuff, First Year

YumeNightfire27

Naughty Fairy

13,200 Points
  • Married 100
  • Invisibility 100

Ghaleonx5z

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:04 am
User Image

Ghaleon takes a deep breath, this wasn't going to be any easy class he didn't really know a whole lot about the stars just yet. Looking through the telescope he slowly marked down a few stars. Looking back and forth from his book trying to figure out which one they were he had marked down. Riigel, Algjebba, Mintaka and a few others in the Orion constellation.

Ghaleon looked absolutly baffled how it was possible to map out all these stars. It had to take years to get this all written down to be put into books.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:20 pm
Oh no, you don't need to pm me your work. It's quite alright to just give it to me here :]

-Our Little Wonderland-

10,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100

Synchronised Mosher

Interesting Gaian

8,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:11 pm
      User ImageUser Image
      After some time, Demi was sure she had found and correctly marked at least a majority of the major planets and stars. She looked at her work proudly and presented it to her teacher.

I think I'm done with my work, Professor.

Demi Akbal, First Year Ravenclaw
See profile

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:18 pm
Thank you

*She took the paper from Demi and put it on top of a pile of parchment on her desk*

-Our Little Wonderland-

10,350 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Generous 100
Old Locked Threads (Viewing Only)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items