Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:19 pm
"Wasn't a dream," Jordan confirmed, hoarse and choked up, feeling his shoulder get damp and aware that his eyes were leaking too. There had been dreaming involved, but this was not the time to explain the convoluted semantics of what exactly had happened with the presence that called itself Alice. What mattered was that Andy was awake and he remembered and he was here and okay.

"Not surprised," he answered shakily. "Almost -- almost four years." The knowledge that candidates were rarely kept that long had been a tiny spark of hope and a ticking timer, and he'd made a request for a golem project to seek weaponization candidates in Halloween, even though he was deeply ambivalent about recruitment, because if Andy hadn't bonded, it might be that his weapon hadn't yet arrived. He might still have to go through with that project, now that he'd applied, but now it wasn't as personal. He'd deal with that later.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:28 pm
Almost four years!?!? If he'd been shaky before, he was doubly so now. From the way his brother said it, tripping over the reveal like that, Andy gathered this was not normal. "Mary Mother'a Joseph." Four long years he'd been stuck inside that tiny pod, resting and doll like...like death. "Not normal, is it?" Slowly his unused vocal cords were warming, but he still sounded more like a bullfrog than Andrew Miller.

The only thing softening the blow was knowing that his brother hadn't been sitting there the whole time, waiting for him to come out. Jordy hadn't known until the not-dream. "You cut your hair." He said stupidly. Of all the changes, of all the things he might have said with their hands clinging and eyes wet with tears, it was Jordan's lack of a ponytail that got commentary.

A Hunter. His big brother really looked the part now...and Andy would get to join him.  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:39 pm
"Not normal," Jordan agreed, and then, almost automatically, "fits you just fine, dude." Ferros reminded him gently that Andy was awake now and had begun his bond, but wasn't fully bonded yet, and Jordan should probably let him breathe. Jordan loosened his hold a little, sheepishly, but kept a hold on his younger brother's shoulders, pulling back to look him in the eyes, still stunned, his sense of relief so huge and overwhelming that it wasn't joy yet, too massive and uncomfortable to contain.

"It got burned," he answered, after a moment of stupid surprise; he'd been growing it, but of course Andy remembered him with the long ponytail he'd had in college, the one that had been burned halfway off by a creature's fire not long after he'd first arrived on the island. "Cut off the rest, looked shitty and uneven, y'know."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:48 pm
That made him snort a bit; of course he wouldn't do things the right way - the normal way. Headfirst, barreling along at top speed while Jordan tried to keep him away from cliffs...that was how Andy approached things. Go figure he'd take forever and a day to stop being a pod person! "Gotta do something to stand out, right?" Beyond his weird eyes, often dyed hair and height, of course.

God but he was happy. Jordan was there and holding his shoulders, Andy's hands resting on his brother's arms with fingers digging slightly - he was not going to let go and lose him again.

"Yeah, you look enough like a wreck with it even. What did you do, fight a possessed lawnmower?" Scars and shortened hair and a sort of poise that came from hardships fought; Jordan wasn't the same brother he'd left, or even not-dreamed about.  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:56 pm
"Yeah, that's you all over." Jordan's laugh was still shaky, but he was grinning wide and helpless. "Gotta be unique." He'd been the aggressively "normal" one, and maybe Andy had gone a little farther the other way in response, but that was how it was.

"Nah, I'd guess possessed lawnmowers would be a different holiday," he said dryly, forgetting for the moment that Andy hadn't had the orientation yet, that Halloween would be explained later. "The face was an Insanity ghost, the arm was an a*****e kitsune, one of these days I'll kick his a** properly for it." He'd gained a little more sympathy for the creature in question since the long-standing grudge had started, but that didn't mean he wouldn't still go for him if the chance was there.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:03 pm
"One of us has to be." Having Jordan at his side all those years had given Andy more space to be weird and unique and had also assured his undying devotion to his big brother (even after he wasn't so 'big' anymore).

Andy cocked his head and gave Jordan a searching look. "You're not pulling my leg, are you. Insanity ghosts and kitsunes, huh? Those're like the shadows?" He was curious, his brain waking up more and more and there was even this strange sort of tugging at the back of his mind. "Man, this is so...." Overwhelming.

But also cool. For the moment, give him time.  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:22 pm
"I got weirder, you're gonna have to try a bit harder." Jordan pulled Andy in for a gentle noogie, mostly to mess his hair up.

"One hundred percent serious. The shadows are a lot of things." There was a whole hell of a lot of explaining that was due. But there was something else that had to happen first. "I'll tell you later. You need your weapon first, they're probably getting antsy. Think you can stand? You got way too big to carry," and he grinned again, a familiar, lopsided, warmly teasing expression.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:30 pm
"Dammit Jordy, you're supposed to be the normal one." He flailed ineffectually when noogied, partially because he always did so and partially because he was still kind of wobbly in the head. "Least I'm up to the task."

Aw hell, totally serious and the shadows weren't just shadows. Great. Andy set himself to smoothing his already beyond help hair down as Jordan spoke about a weapon...like it was a person. "I can stand...but what'd'you mean they?" Weapons were not people were not weapons--wait no, he remembered...sort of remembered a little bit of something...and the tugging sensation grew like it had just been waiting for a reminder.

"Ugh, I didn't miss your face at all." Bullshit. He was grinning like a dope too, all while using his now-empty pod and the sealed one next to it to haul himself up. Standing, he swayed but stabilized and winked at Peyton, who had gone very quiet and seemed to be mostly poking at whatever was on her clipboard.  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:44 pm
"I've discovered that being normal is kinda overrated," Jordan said, and let his not-so-little brother loose, stood up, and helped him up.

"I'll give you the full explanation after. For now, trust me, and trust your instincts. We're going to take you to a cave, and once you're down there, you'll know what to do." His teasing grin had faded to a quiet seriousness, the face that said that this was Important and that no bullshitting was occurring.

"Yeah, you lie like a rug," and the big, warm smile was back.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:55 pm
"About time." Andy had been waiting for Jordan to join the 'dark side' for years...except for the four years he'd been interred in that tiny...ugly...pod.

He trusted Jordan's judgement and word, so when his brother said he'd explain and that he'd know what to do...he went with it - though his mind was racing all over the place, wondering at what would happen in the cave. A weapon. From a cave. "Sure thing Jordy. Let's do this." Doing the Thing!

Jordan would get a brotherly jostling and a pained groan for his terrible pun. "Your jokes are still terrible."  

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:51 pm
Peyton busied herself during the touching reunion by doodling on the corner of a scrap page on her clipboard. She didn't leave, because she was the one currently on duty, but she checked out as much as she was able, given the circumstances. The scene was a familiar one, she'd experienced herself not that long ago, when Astrid had woken up. The difference, a crucial one, was that Astrid had not been in the pod for four years, and Peyton had only known she was there since the wonderland incident.

When it sounded as though things were calming down, and the boys were ready to head out of the pod room, she climbed back up to her feet and tucked her clip book under her arm.

With a smile, she waited for a lull in the conversation. "If you're ready, we can head for the cave now, and you can meet your new partner."

syrie

prolixity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:18 am
Jordan put his hand briefly on Pey's arm, giving her a smile that was full of a flood of emotions. "Thanks for getting me in here," he said.

Syrie

Beejoux

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Steal

Kindred Collector

25,500 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:49 am
Kimberly blinked a little as she heard a strange hissing sound. "Whaa..." She sat up slowly feeling disoriented and dazed. Something weird.. something..?

No her mind was in a fog and she wasn't sure what was happening, just that something had happened and she had to ...

No her mind would not grasp it, all she could do was stand on unsteady feet and look around, what a weird place.. she glanced behind her as she started heading out of the room, only to notice her name and age etched on the strange thing she had been in.

No time to worry about that though, she had things to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:21 pm
Andy looked from the tiny woman to his brother and back, then nodded. Meet his new partner. A weapon. That was it's own being. Okay. He could handle this. Jordan was with him...and Peyton seemed confident too.

"I've been cookin' for four years, I'm as ready as I'll ever be." He'd let them lead though, because honestly this whole thing was strange and he was still half-staggering under the weight of memory flashes from Wonderland.

Prolixity

Beejoux

Syrie

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:23 pm
The hand on her shoulder made her pause, turning, and Jordan would find himself wrapped up in a brief hug. "Of course." Small fingers lingered on his side. "I went through this, remember? Only I didn't have to wait as long." If anyone could understand what it had been like, it was Jordan. Maybe they weren't as close as they could have been, but she still considered him a friend, a dear colleague.

Life choices aside.

An amused smile was shot Andy's way at the comment. "Put a fork in you, you're done." Chuckling, she gave him a poke in the side with the tip of her finger before sauntering on ahead of them, leading the way to the entrance of the cave.

syrie

prolixity

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas