Welcome to Gaia! ::

Digimon: Tamer Island Guild

Back to Guilds

#1 Digimon Guild where you can actually be a Tamer with your very own Digimon. 

Tags: Digimon, Tamer, Island, Digimon Tamer, Tamer Island 

Reply DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)
Doranak, back once again with the renegade master Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who likes orange soda?
  I do I do I do-oo!
  Its ok
  I distane it
  Nope
  No... NO. Never again you freaks
View Results

Doranak

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:57 am
Dstdnt

It does have a darker tone, yet stays true to the actual story of the setting that Spider-Man was in right when the first comics came out. Also the Lizard's appearances matches his first appearance too, while I guess it still could be possible that Dr. Connors wants to stop it, but is unable to, since well, he does succumb to the Lizard persona at first. I think superhero movies have gained a much more darker tone as well, especially with the Batman movie reboot, as DC Comics' relaunch was to have a more edgier feel to it and all of the comics throughout. Also with additional realism, in the case that Batman gains his equipment via army tested artillery, and with the Green Lantern being found out right away in the first movie.
To become stronger, it would be best to lessen their own weaknesses. cool ^-^
I agree with his recast. Luckily, if they weren't planning on rebooting Fantastic Four, it would be kind of weird, yet somehow a bit funny to see him double act, yet it wouldn't work out too well all in all. sweatdrop
I also heard of a reboot DareDevil too lol. XD X-Men were okay, well the first two, but then they went quite off. sweatdrop Even the First Class had changes. Spider-Man, I didn't mind really, just that the 2nd movie killed Doc Ock and the 3rd movie, and the planned 4th movies were QUITE off. xD sweatdrop Gwen Stacy as a side character, a not so great Eddie Brock / Venom. Also with the confirmation that the Green Goblin would not revive, not forgetting the New Goblin? o.o For the 4th, to have Anne Hathaway as the Black Cat was okay, but just they were going to make her into a female Vulture? At least she became Catwoman when they cancelled the movie. sweatdrop Landing on her feet? cool
Same lol =D I still can't wait. sweatdrop

Yeah comics have been getting darker for a while, I would agree with you that the recent Batman films have changed the super hero film scene as a whole.
However Comics themselves have been getting darker for a long time.
Since graphic novels like Watchmen and Batman: Year One have been around for a long time. I think many writers realised that a story, even a super hero story isn't that interesting without some grit and drama.
I can't wait for Kickass 2 myself, I have read most of the comic in Clint.
My Brother is going to comic con in London next week (Pretty jealous stare )
he's going to meet allot of famous faces.
And I finally found Rabbitmon after a long and hard search. gonk  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:39 am
Doranak
Dstdnt

It does have a darker tone, yet stays true to the actual story of the setting that Spider-Man was in right when the first comics came out. Also the Lizard's appearances matches his first appearance too, while I guess it still could be possible that Dr. Connors wants to stop it, but is unable to, since well, he does succumb to the Lizard persona at first. I think superhero movies have gained a much more darker tone as well, especially with the Batman movie reboot, as DC Comics' relaunch was to have a more edgier feel to it and all of the comics throughout. Also with additional realism, in the case that Batman gains his equipment via army tested artillery, and with the Green Lantern being found out right away in the first movie.
I agree with his recast. Luckily, if they weren't planning on rebooting Fantastic Four, it would be kind of weird, yet somehow a bit funny to see him double act, yet it wouldn't work out too well all in all. sweatdrop
I also heard of a reboot DareDevil too lol. XD X-Men were okay, well the first two, but then they went quite off. sweatdrop Even the First Class had changes. Spider-Man, I didn't mind really, just that the 2nd movie killed Doc Ock and the 3rd movie, and the planned 4th movies were QUITE off. xD sweatdrop Gwen Stacy as a side character, a not so great Eddie Brock / Venom. Also with the confirmation that the Green Goblin would not revive, not forgetting the New Goblin? o.o For the 4th, to have Anne Hathaway as the Black Cat was okay, but just they were going to make her into a female Vulture? At least she became Catwoman when they cancelled the movie. sweatdrop Landing on her feet? cool

Yeah comics have been getting darker for a while, I would agree with you that the recent Batman films have changed the super hero film scene as a whole.
Since graphic novels like Watchmen and Batman: Year One have been around for a long time. I think many writers realised that a story, even a super hero story isn't that interesting without some grit and drama.

Very true lol. The Bronze Age of comics, from about 1970-1985, were slightly darkened, since it marked the momentous moment when Spider-Man lost his first love, Gwen Stacy, and then as things progressed into the Modern Age, 1985 to still now, as there's a lot more topics of concern being discussed in comics. It's really interesting as to how free the writers are, in a really fortunate way though lol. sweatdrop ^-^ Along with the black suit for Spider-Man during that time, and Spawn, I think he was one of the first superheroes to have had such a movie that would be so much more, gritty and grim in comparison? Ghost Rider, was more fun in a sense, for the movies, but the latest one looked interesting~ I really want to see both eventually lol. XD sweatdrop
Also~ like I said before as well lol. XD They do intend on playing Curt Connors as a Dr. Hyde / Mr. Jekyll differential in personas, so I'm sure you'd like how it attributes to the comics. The Amazing Spider-Man movie is one of the most closest that would follow the story of the comics in the best way possible, (save for the costume.) xD Even though many now only know of Mary Jane, the importance in comics and the recreation of the entrance of the Bronze Age, while it would be most likely not be in this, but in this movie's continuity. It's really going to be amazing.
It does sound interesting lol. 3nodding Also~ for the show Smallville, although it finished last year, they're making the 11th Season continue in the comics as well, also that he wears the new Superman suit, without the red underwear. There has been a lot of reboots. xD Even killing the Ultimate Peter Parker / Spider-Man, and replacing him with a new person named Miles Morales, while it's not the main continuity, they'll be having a set of comics called Spider-Men, where the original, Amazing Spider-Man goes into the Ultimate Universe, where he's been dead for sometime, and everyone also knows who he is, while Miles is in the "real" world that the Amazing Spider-Man comes from. It's similar to the Shattered Dimensions game, but more so the sequel that I played on my 3DS~ Edge of Time, where the Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 crossover since~ one worker in the future goes back in time to start an Alchemax company responsible for Spider-Man 2099 becoming who he is ahead of time, even before Peter was Spider-Man, changing the present for Peter, and the future of 2099 for Spider-Man 2099, Miguel O'Hara. Walker Sloan, the worker, but he combines with Doc Ock and Anti-Venom, whom he works with and controls with a computer chip of sorts, respectively, into the Abomination. The story was interesting, and with a concept in video games, no matter if it was linear in game play as most say, comics don't have game play, so that story would be really interesting. Extremely. xD sweatdrop ^-^ I oddly wonder if the Amazing Spider-Man would somehow get the movie outfit in the Ultimate Universe~ it would be something lol~ since they also did once comment that a clone of Spider-Man seemed to have looked like Peter, but he said that it looked like Tobey Maguire.
That sounds epic. o.o Try to go with him to London lol? Or ask for some signings. xD Comic Cons do have a lot of those lol. XD
Congratulations on winning Rabbitmon! ^-^

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

Doranak

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 9:57 am
Dstdnt
Doranak
Dstdnt

Very true lol. The Bronze Age of comics, from about 1970-1985, were slightly darkened, since it marked the momentous moment when Spider-Man lost his first love, Gwen Stacy, and then as things progressed into the Modern Age, 1985 to still now, as there's a lot more topics of concern being discussed in comics. It's really interesting as to how free the writers are, in a really fortunate way though lol. sweatdrop ^-^ Along with the black suit for Spider-Man during that time, and Spawn, I think he was one of the first superheroes to have had such a movie that would be so much more, gritty and grim in comparison? Ghost Rider, was more fun in a sense, for the movies, but the latest one looked interesting~ I really want to see both eventually lol. XD sweatdrop
Also~ like I said before as well lol. XD They do intend on playing Curt Connors as a Dr. Hyde / Mr. Jekyll differential in personas, so I'm sure you'd like how it attributes to the comics. The Amazing Spider-Man movie is one of the most closest that would follow the story of the comics in the best way possible, (save for the costume.) xD Even though many now only know of Mary Jane, the importance in comics and the recreation of the entrance of the Bronze Age, while it would be most likely not be in this, but in this movie's continuity. It's really going to be amazing.
It does sound interesting lol. 3nodding Also~ for the show Smallville, although it finished last year, they're making the 11th Season continue in the comics as well, also that he wears the new Superman suit, without the red underwear. There has been a lot of reboots. xD Even killing the Ultimate Peter Parker / Spider-Man, and replacing him with a new person named Miles Morales, while it's not the main continuity, they'll be having a set of comics called Spider-Men, where the original, Amazing Spider-Man goes into the Ultimate Universe, where he's been dead for sometime, and everyone also knows who he is, while Miles is in the "real" world that the Amazing Spider-Man comes from. It's similar to the Shattered Dimensions game, but more so the sequel that I played on my 3DS~ Edge of Time, where the Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Man 2099 crossover since~ one worker in the future goes back in time to start an Alchemax company responsible for Spider-Man 2099 becoming who he is ahead of time, even before Peter was Spider-Man, changing the present for Peter, and the future of 2099 for Spider-Man 2099, Miguel O'Hara. Walker Sloan, the worker, but he combines with Doc Ock and Anti-Venom, whom he works with and controls with a computer chip of sorts, respectively, into the Abomination. The story was interesting, and with a concept in video games, no matter if it was linear in game play as most say, comics don't have game play, so that story would be really interesting. Extremely. xD sweatdrop ^-^ I oddly wonder if the Amazing Spider-Man would somehow get the movie outfit in the Ultimate Universe~ it would be something lol~ since they also did once comment that a clone of Spider-Man seemed to have looked like Peter, but he said that it looked like Tobey Maguire.
That sounds epic. o.o Try to go with him to London lol? Or ask for some signings. xD Comic Cons do have a lot of those lol. XD

True, that was probably the turning point for comics in that respect. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't keep to that story in the first spider-man film, when Mary Jane is hanging off the brooklyn bridge. As that's how Gwen Stacy died.
I'm still not sure on the actor playing Dr Connors, but it does look like it will be a good movie. At least better than the original. xp
Yeah, I will admit to watching Smallville. I watched it first when I was younger and it was just coming out and thought it was brilliant. But as the show went on it started to become a bit too far fetched and you just ended up hating most of the women. The last series was okay, the whole doomsday plot seemed a little rushed. I saw that they were continuing it into a comic but I don't expect much from it.
Is in't it called, "When Worlds Collide" or something? sweatdrop It does sound good and I could have guessed that's what they were going to do from the name. It sounds pretty awesome, the last big spidey event was "Spider Island" and that was sweet.
I wanted to buy that shattered dimensions, but it's still pretty expensive. I've heard it's supposed to be good though.
I'm sure he'll get plenty of signatures, that's probably what most of it is apart from the talks about upcoming things. I think Joe Quesada will be there (the guy that pretty much writes Marvel these days.
Thanks man, Rabbitmon isn't exactly what I was hoping for when I first saw the easter event but I'm just happy to have won something, it's been a while. whee  
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 11:45 am
Doranak
Dstdnt
Doranak
Dstdnt

True, that was probably the turning point for comics in that respect. I was pretty disappointed that they didn't keep to that story in the first spider-man film, when Mary Jane is hanging off the brooklyn bridge. As that's how Gwen Stacy died.
I'm still not sure on the actor playing Dr Connors, but it does look like it will be a good movie. At least better than the original. xp
Yeah, I will admit to watching Smallville. I watched it first when I was younger and it was just coming out and thought it was brilliant. But as the show went on it started to become a bit too far fetched and you just ended up hating most of the women. The last series was okay, the whole doomsday plot seemed a little rushed. I saw that they were continuing it into a comic but I don't expect much from it.
Is in't it called, "When Worlds Collide" or something? sweatdrop It does sound good and I could have guessed that's what they were going to do from the name. It sounds pretty awesome, the last big spidey event was "Spider Island" and that was sweet.
I wanted to buy that shattered dimensions, but it's still pretty expensive. I've heard it's supposed to be good though.
I'm sure he'll get plenty of signatures, that's probably what most of it is apart from the talks about upcoming things. I think Joe Quesada will be there (the guy that pretty much writes Marvel these days.
Thanks man, Rabbitmon isn't exactly what I was hoping for when I first saw the easter event but I'm just happy to have won something, it's been a while. whee

Lol XD Well~ if they did~ it'd be odd to do things backwards with Gwen being Peter's love interest after Mary Jane dies, since also at that time Peter's new love interest made by Joe Quesada, based on his daughter~ XD wasn't made yet either~ but it was odd how in the 3rd movie they introduced Gwen lol. sweatdrop
xD I liked the Spider-Man movies~ just since Spider-Man's Spider-Man~ all the reasoning I'd need to see a Spider-Man movie. xD Favourite hero lol. sweatdrop ^-^
I saw a bit when Smallville came out, but only got into it at the end lol. XD By about... Season 6 or 7 ish or so? sweatdrop Lois Lane always stayed great though. XD 3nodding
Yep lol xD Spider-Men was the name they gave to it when it was still in the works. XD sweatdrop Spider-Island was really great lol. Also they have the "Ends of the Earth"~? Spider-Man's becoming super super super epic. xD Like armor, near indestructibility? XD Even a suit that can shock the Rhino down with one touch. XD I really like how they're exploring new suits for him. It makes it more fun with changes like that lol. ^-^ Perhaps they're kind of looking for the new big thing costume, yet not the Big Time costume. xD Just like how the black suit caught everyone's attention, similar to that. xD sweatdrop ^-^
The game's been out for quite sometime lol. xD I haven't played it either too~ well mainly since they didn't make a 3DS version too since it wasn't made then. xD I might though if I'm able to get a Wii, or the Wii U when it comes out and play the Wii version on it. xD I'm kind of really hoping to randomly win the Wii in Gaia's Contest. sweatdrop Also since all of the Wii's now don't have the GameCube ports and are looking like a Wii U prototype. xD Either win one from Gaia~ or ask for the old Wii from stores~ in that order. XD
Very true lol. It's odd how he left Marvel for sometime last year to make his own company, yet it's understandable, yet~ XD He's back though so it's all good, just not at the same position. sweatdrop ^-^ He did impact the Spider-Man stories a lot though. XD
Np at all lol. xD You got the first Digi-Easter Bunny. cool Original Digi-Easter Bunny for the win. cool XD

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Doranak

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 6:25 am
Yeah, my brother had a good time down at comic con, he got to meet and take a picture with Mark Miller (Probably the writer he was most interested in meeting).
He also got me a batarang from down there, for my birthday. It's pretty dangerous, could probably injure or maim someone but that just adds to the awesomeness. mrgreen
Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with my new digimon.
I probably should have thought about it before I armour clashed it. But what ever I do I'm sure little Gatomon won't mind. As long as I don't turn her into a Numemon.... 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:20 am
Doranak
Yeah, my brother had a good time down at comic con, he got to meet and take a picture with Mark Miller (Probably the writer he was most interested in meeting).
He also got me a batarang from down there, for my birthday. It's pretty dangerous, could probably injure or maim someone but that just adds to the awesomeness. mrgreen
Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with my new digimon.
I probably should have thought about it before I armour clashed it. But what ever I do I'm sure little Gatomon won't mind. As long as I don't turn her into a Numemon.... 3nodding

Really nice. =D His comics are both getting sequels as well lol, so that's really great.
Lol xD If you do try it out to see if it could even come back... something would most likely get broken. XD
xD I know exactly what you mean. 3nodding I've had Impmon for almost 2 years now since Halloween 2010, and I still haven't Digivolved it, but I will eventually lol. sweatdrop

Yeah, and I'm STILL waiting. When can I become a Beelzemon finally!? Still, you're lucky Gatomon... you can become a Holy Angel or a great Demon Lord like me! Also since you were the first Digi Easter Bunny that no one really bothered about since you were not on those other contender's stage, but now you can. Good luck.  

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Doranak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:24 am
Yeah, he's already done Kickass 2. It's pretty good from what I've read, allot darker than the original and that's saying something.
Ha, It's not like a boomerang, just a piece of metal cut out to a bat shape. Stiil pretty deadly.
Yeah, It's just making the call for which I prefer. I mean I have got plenty of both really.(Probably my two favorite types of Digimon)
That's cool Impmon, I remember when I got my Beelzemon. It was a shock as I unexpected digivolved and got him at random.

*Gatomon looks up from licking her paw.*
Do I have to digivolve? I'm just happy the way I am.
I mean how much effort would that be anyway.
*Curls up in a ball and falls to sleep*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:56 pm
Doranak
Yeah, he's already done Kickass 2. It's pretty good from what I've read, allot darker than the original and that's saying something.
Ha, It's not like a boomerang, just a piece of metal cut out to a bat shape. Stiil pretty deadly.
Yeah, It's just making the call for which I prefer. I mean I have got plenty of both really.(Probably my two favorite types of Digimon)
That's cool Impmon, I remember when I got my Beelzemon. It was a shock as I unexpected digivolved and got him at random.

I've heard the same lol. xD It's going to be great, just that they have to recapture the actors once more to do it. XD Hopefully they will. ^-^
I oddly feel that it should be~ just since it is a "rang" xD Yet since because this is reality~ perhaps... there could be something made like that, but it would be much more, boomerang than batty, but it could be possible lol. sweatdrop ^-^

Lazy cat... and I don't even think I'll even be able to Digivolve to Beelzemon! D's been thinking of using his MaloMyotismon, that just De-Digivolved, for Beelzemon. What am I? Chopped liver? I'll still have to wait... at least I did get to battle... but meh.  

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Doranak

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:42 am
Dstdnt
Doranak

I've heard the same lol. xD It's going to be great, just that they have to recapture the actors once more to do it. XD Hopefully they will. ^-^
I oddly feel that it should be~ just since it is a "rang" xD Yet since because this is reality~ perhaps... there could be something made like that, but it would be much more, boomerang than batty, but it could be possible lol. sweatdrop ^-^

Lazy cat... and I don't even think I'll even be able to Digivolve to Beelzemon! D's been thinking of using his MaloMyotismon, that just De-Digivolved, for Beelzemon. What am I? Chopped liver? I'll still have to wait... at least I did get to battle... but meh.

I'm fairly sure they are going to do a Kickass 2 and Hitgirl movie, as they have already finished Kickass 2 the comic and Hit girl starts on Wednesday.
I think you could get one which would work as more of a boomerang, but the costs of a thing would probably deter most.

*Gatomon looks up from her slumber, upon hearing the "Lazy cat" comment.She glares at Impmon*
Chopped liver sounds about right, right now.

Would De-Digivolving MaloMyotismon make Beelzemon?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:12 pm
Doranak
Dstdnt
Doranak

I'm fairly sure they are going to do a Kickass 2 and Hitgirl movie, as they have already finished Kickass 2 the comic and Hit girl starts on Wednesday.
I think you could get one which would work as more of a boomerang, but the costs of a thing would probably deter most.

*Gatomon looks up from her slumber, upon hearing the "Lazy cat" comment.She glares at Impmon*
Chopped liver sounds about right, right now.

Would De-Digivolving MaloMyotismon make Beelzemon?

The Hitgirl movie would be interesting lol. XD True lol ^-^ Also, I De-Digivolved it to Myotismon, and DNA Digivolved it with Draco's Piximon to obtain VenomMyotismon. now either DNA it with Apocalymon or Beelzemon itself to obtain BM, then tada. cool Also~ xD

Meh, you're a Champion Level Digimon yet you're like a Rookie, I'm not scared. I was given to D by the Demon Lord Beelzemon, so there's nothing that can hurt me. *Stands proudly and does a Power Ranger-like pose.* Gluttony for the win!  

Dstdnt

Gallant Knight

13,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Unitas Persona

Dangerous Lover

8,850 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:06 am
Doranak

Hi Doranak,I was wondering if you'd like to DNA digivolve your Valdurmon with my Kentaurosmon to get Chaosmon  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 12:12 pm
Unitas Persona
Doranak

Hi Doranak,I was wondering if you'd like to DNA digivolve your Valdurmon with my Kentaurosmon to get Chaosmon

Yeah that sounds like a good plan to me man, if you want to set it up I'll agree when it's up.  

Doranak

Doranak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:10 pm
Hello all! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm sure many of you know how life can get in the way of getting on her, But I'm hoping to try and get back into it.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:12 am
Doranak
Hello all! Sorry I've been gone for so long. I'm sure many of you know how life can get in the way of getting on her, But I'm hoping to try and get back into it.

Glad to see you, maybe we should all come out of hiding haha. The guild is quiet... like a ghost town sad it needs our help.  

lief_7
Crew

nuGen Staff Lead

22,875 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Gaian 50

Doranak

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:33 am
lief_7
Doranak

Glad to see you, maybe we should all come out of hiding haha. The guild is quiet... like a ghost town sad it needs our help.

Yeah it's good to see you too bro. Haha best get looking for them, wonder which stone they're hiding under.
I'd defiantly be up for trying to breath some life in to the place.  
DigiLine (Tamer Profile Forum)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 85 86 87 88 89 90 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff