Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:37 am

Watching the dragonets on the sands, Amare pondered over what Nonami had said. "It's true that it's rare to Impress a dragon the first time you stand," she said, and then was captivated by the sweet little gold who came to say hello to them. "Hello, darling. Are you looking for your rider?" The curvy girl smiled at the little queen, charmed by her adorable croon.

But perhaps she wasn't looking in quite the right place, for the baby seemed to simply want to greet them. "Don't worry, Nonami. I'm sure that you'll Impress. If it doesn't happen today it'll happen. Just keep your head up and keep trying. There are riders who Impressed at their very last Hatching. You've got Turns to go." So saying, she squeezed Nonami's hand encouragingly.

Prism Shine
Uta

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:13 am
Ticene and Green Metlath

They sat there for a long while. Just enjoying being together, Metlath resting her head against Ticene's face. It wasn't long though before the green began to twitch. It started in her tail, a flick this way, then that. Then her feet began to shuffle back and forth, the itch to move growing into a persistent nuisance. Ticene pulled back slightly and smiled at the fidgeting dragon.

"Shall we go get you something to eat?" she offered, it was an excuse for the dragon to move at least. Metlath however stayed where she was, tendrils of orange ghosting through the blues of her eyes. I would like to... But... Are you sure you are able, Mine? Ticene didn't have to ask for clarification as to what the dragon meant. The information was there as clearly as though she had thought of it herself and the realisation of that kept the smile firmly on her face. Reaching up she gently caressed the young green's face, trying to keep her confidence at the forefront of her mind. The idea of causing Metlath any more concern that she already had was something she didn't even want to consider.

Hesitantly the young dragon backed up a step, giving the new weyrling some space. Ticene took a deep breath, positioning her legs to try and move her back as little as possible. Her left arm complained, which meant there must be something going on with the muscles of her shoulder on that side, but her right seemed far more cooperative. Taking another breath she tried to stand as smoothly and quickly as possible. Her body complained, but it wasn't the worst pain she had felt in her life. Looking to Metlath she gave the green a reassuring smile, at which point the dragon began to eagerly shuffle about at the prospect of getting moving again. Keeping her breathing as even as possible, Ticene began to walk. Her steps were small to try not to cause any more issues, but she was pleased to find that it seemed that for the most part her ability to walk didn't seem to be affected at all.

Metlath darted forwards and backwards. The feeding area was so close, but they were moving so slowly! She wouldn't complain, because hers was doing the best she could. But it was soooo slooooow. To busy herself the dragon made a point of darting around Ticene in a strange square. Ahead, to the right side, behind, to the left side, ahead again. It provided Ticene with almost a barrier to anything that could knock or jostle her, and it meant that Metlath was never move than a bound or two from her rider. Eventually (after far too long in her opinion) they reached the feeding area. Here Metlath got closer, trying not to press herself against her unsteady rider. The dragon watched closely as Ticene arranged a bucket so she could lift it with the side that caused her less trouble, before moving a little further from the main throng of weyrlings. The young woman carefully placed the bucket down and even more carefully took a seat.

There wasn't any sign of hesitation as Ticene picked up a chunk of raw meat from the bucket. She'd handled plenty of raw meat in her time, in fact she found this preferable to the fish that she handled so often at home. It had a more pleasant texture overall. She held it out and laughed when Metlath swiftly plucked it from her hand and swallowed it without even chewing. It seemed that the dragon's appetite had finally caught up with her. Please, nothing catches up to me. The green asserted with the flash of a mental grin, drawing an answering laugh from Ticene. A few more chunks of meat and the green was getting fidgety again. I just have so much energy, Mine. The green replied to a question that her rider hadn't yet had time to mentally form.

Oh! Oh! I know! Getting to her feet, the green began to shuffle on her feet again, her body practically vibrating with excitement. Since you can't run, how about I do a lap and every time I get back to you I get something to eat? She seemed so pleased with her idea that there was no way that Ticene could ever refuse. There wasn't even room for her to question whether such a thing was allowed. Come on! Come on! It'll be fun! You can even time me! You missed my first show. Now you can really see how fast I am!

"Alright, I suppose that's-" Ticene hadn't even finished before the green streaked away. "...okay," she finished with a laugh. Getting a morsel ready for the green's return. Metlath raced around the group in a wide circle the first time, just excited to be moving. She barely stopped to quickly swallow her food before speeding off again. This time as she ran she let out a hwonk as she passed her siblings. Hello brother! Hello sister! she called out to Anakumath and Aviforth as she passed. Tired already, Canicheth? How could anyone even think about sleeping already! It was all far too exciting. A mental laugh rippled out as she passed Alegriath, overhearing part of their conversation. They don't stand a chance once I'm in the sky! As though to make her point she completed her second lap. Ticene seemed to have caught on so dangled the meat chunk at arms length, allowing the green to pluck the morsel without disrupting her speed too much. Time for another go!

Prism Shine

demon_pachabel

Andranis

medigel

((She's on the move! Anyone is welcome to call to/ shout at/ or heaven forbid try to stop the little comet.))  

The_Muffin_Puppy

Irregular Puppy

9,450 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Dragon Master 50

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:35 pm
W'ill and Brown Faloth
Cousin Metlath! Faloth couldn't help but notice the zippy little green running around the gathered hatchlings and their bondeds full-tilt. I want to go play with her! he creeled at W'ill, squirming in the young man's lap. Can I can I pleeeaaaaase?

W'ill laughed and put his knife down; apparently the little brown was full. "All right, you can go play! Just let me know when you want to be oiled..." That gave Faloth a moment's pause, but only a moment. He leapt from W'ill's lap to the ground with a triumphant but tiny bugle and wiggled his behind before taking off in a dead run after Metlath. Come and play, Aviforth, come and play!

Grinning at Ticene and Cavera, W'ill shrugged. "I guess baby dragons are gonna do what they're gonna do..."

The_Muffin_Puppy
Ticene and Metlath!

Prism Shine
Cavera and Aviforth!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:56 pm
M'deck (Maddeck) and Blue Takuth // he/him | Healer, medic | Weyrlings

On their way back to the Weyrling Barracks, Maddeck, now M'deck, could not help but walk past the patients on the side of the Sands. He worried about them. Maybe subconsciously he wanted to see a hatchling up close. Who knew? But that was what he did, and in doing so happened past a girl who was crying. It was not the typical pain-choked cry but the voice of distress. That is not to say that she would not be in pain, of course. His brother was more likely able to help someone like this but he was not here. It was just M'deck.

"Takuth, I have to see what's wrong."

She did not die today, why is she upset?

"I don't know, but I will find out." He approached the cot where Tizenia lay weeping and said, "Excuse me, is there anything I can do to ease your trouble? It looks like you've been patched up, and there's numbweed, so what's wrong?"  

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:08 pm
C’vi has followed M’deck—what did he even call him now—Maddy. Maddy, it would always be Maddy—rather helplessly. He didn’t have enough knowledge in his healer training to know much more than how to bandage an injured candidate. There were more injuries than he knew how to help with. What was the dragon’s name? Takuth? What would Mennick think? What would Silvie think? She’d had to live with Maddy for almost a turn while Mennick had been in training, now...

What did he think? It was going to drive him mad! All those rules... And yet, he was impossibly happy for Maddy at the same time. He heard him talking to a girl and looked around to see if there was anyone he could help.

He really wanted to hug Maddy.

—-

Tizenia froze as M’deck neared her cot. She took a breath and muttered an apology. She was grateful to him, the healer who’d come to her aid. “My sister Impressed,” she said, after a long moment. “And she doesn’t need me anymore. She went straight to feed him. He talked to me...” She swallowed, eyes veering towards where the eggs were hatching.

“I don’t feel all patched up. I want to go home!”  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:15 pm
When the little gold queen offered gentle comfort, Calla had not initially noticed, her hand reflexively rubbing softly against the dragonet's chin. It was only when the queen departed that she looked up, a little confused but a soft touch of a smile whispered across her lips before disappearing again. Florianth gave a pleased rumble and then put his head in her lap too. Just because, you know, she was His and obviously he could give the best comfort, even if he sent Anu a little thrum of thanks.

Calla nodded and made a mental note of the girl's name: Arlie. "I knew this would happen," she said at last. "I felt certain I'd Impress and now I have. That's good, right?" She was uncharacteristically looking for reassurance, from a practical stranger no less.

Florianth reached up to nibble a piece of meat from the table and returned his head to his rider's lap, finding Alegriath with his eyes. My twenty-and-one is quite loving, really, very loving but... best not hug. I am her appointed hugger. She's otherwise not really the type. Maybe yours could teach her too? Florianth and Calla had only recently paired, but he knew her as he knew himself: a hug from anyone but the dragon would not be welcome, sweet as it was.

Absently, as if talking could chase out the numbness radiating in her, Calla continued, "It must be nice to have a sister. I always wanted a sibling." Especially now. Wouldn't a sibling understand her in a way a mother could not? A jaunty little green was adorably booping around now, but Calla didn't notice. Her normal observational skills were buried under the heaps of emotion that had been dumped on her, and the picture of her mother's stricken face that refused to leave her mind.

medigel

demon_pachabel

Akina Tokuwa

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:42 pm
"What makes you think she doesn't need you anymore? These dragons are running around like idiots with no regard for their health. They need to eat as soon as possible, and the only way to stop them is to bond with them, you know? Not always even then." Hold on, Tizzy was only a young girl. She would want to be comforted. "If you Impress, you will feel these things. Your sister does, probably. You will have no choice but to feed them. But that does not mean you like or need your sister less."

Trouble was, he knew nothing about the sister. She could really just toss her aside. Well, he had voiced at least what was reasonable to assume. "I'm sure she'll be back later. She probably just wants you to rest and focus on healing and maybe Impressing. But if you want to leave the Sands I can ask someone to take you back to the infirmary. If you want to go home, then go. But your body isn't ready yet."

MaddyMine, Takuth nudged M'deck lightly with his mind, trying out this interesting nickname. I am hungry. Now is the time to feed me. Later try to fix her like your brother.

'Maddy' is what your mate is calling you. He worries too much. Perhaps if you acknowledge him then he will worry less.

M'deck blinked in surprise then reached for C'vi's hand and squeezed it. "How long have you been there?" he muttered.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:43 pm
On one hand with less than his four fingers he could count how many dragons had spoken to him in his life, let alone speaking very often. Sahrawith and Mharlith aside, only one had in memory and now this little brown that had bonded to Zamistia was even sending him images like what Mint would occasionally do. To call it disconcerting would be an understatement, especially in his current state of being. Nothing was quite making full sense to him, all clouded and muffled as if someone were speaking it from a distance.

Which....

Deliberately and forcefully Rizdax pressed the tips of his fingers against the bandages on his chest, drawing blood with the force but dragging himself from his clouded world with the pain. Gasping he blinked his uncovered eye and tried to make sense of what he had heard and seen. Who was Tizenia? Was that Cavera impressing to a blue? Happiness filled him as he forced the image that was slowly disappearing to focus a bit. A gold was interesting, but only the girls on the sands could Impress to her, so all he could do was hold hope for he ones he knew.

Dea and #Teddy#

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:55 pm
Nonami - Western Candidate

It was rare, though not.. impossible. They gently squeezed their sister’s hand, but dragon movement caught their eye--and then their breath. Standing before them was the little queen, eyes whirling such variety of colors. Did she want their sister? Amare was a wonderful sister, and would make a dragon very happy as a rider. Yet there’s the gentle brush of the little queen’s nose against their clasped hand with Amare’s, and the young teen can’t help but smile. It’s almost odd, with how nervous they had been since the touching, to finally feel a bit of buoyancy, yet Nonami’s smile is nothing but happy. “Good luck finding Yours.” They wave a bit as the young queen leaves to move onto other candidates, yet the little interaction had such an impact on them.

Yet they turn a brighter smile to Amare, gently squeezing her hand in return. Where there had been previous negativity, a lightness had eased. Despite how scary some things had gotten.. Even if they didn’t Impress, that was okay. “I - I will. And I want to keep in the swap.” The teen gave a small, sure nod. Who knows if their dragon might find them in High Reaches or Western. But this way, they could at least have some time with their big sister, too.

Mr Cheri

Uta

/ / / /

Cavera and Blue Aviforth

It’s only a bit of fun, dear Alegriath. But who knows! You might beat us all into the air. There’s a bit of a challenging, teasing note. Why not have a bit of fun? Cavera moved to start oiling his drying blue hide, and Aviforth gently moves his wings around with such grace that every inch of him can get oiled.

Yet he near giggles at his cousin, amusement and affection rolling off him. Nanuth, such formality! My shoulders are always open to you if you ever want to speak, dear, as are Mine’s. She is quite fond of her friends. He adored that about Cavera, for even with how short of a time she knew someone, or how little she knew them -- Cavera adored them, and he adored her all the more for her loving nature.

Yet as Metlath began racing around, he was already perked up and ready to zoom, before the call to join from his dear cousin. How could I not, Faloth?! Aviforth jumps down, taking off after his cousin and his sister while splattering oil droplets after him. Alegriath! Nanuth! Come join!! Aviforth is laughing as he calls out to his family to come chase, come play as he trumpets after Metlath.

Cavera laughed, wiping away from of the droplets that had splashed onto her. “Oh, no doubt.” Yet the woman smiles, near beams with pride as she watches her precious blue race off with his family. Yet it occurs to her that she doesn’t really know many other candidates--weyrlings?--Aside from Zamistia. “Hi, I’m Cavera.”

The_Muffin_Puppy
Ticene and Metlath

Dea and #Teddy#
Zamistia and Nanuth

medigel
Arlie and Alegriath

tatterpixie
W’ill and Faloth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:25 pm
The odds weren't impossible that they might all get a dragon! Even while being treated, Dehka found his mind racing over possible odds. "This will change the clutch records for sure." He mumbled. Who knew Thread would have such a response on a queen's reproductive capabilities? It was incredible! The mention of the twin bronzes maybe belonging to himself and Kahbrohm was enough to earn a sheepish grin. It'd be a nice thought!

Of course, then Kah pointed to a dragon that had just fallen over and... "M-Me?" He sputtered, looking between Kah and Orri with wide eyes. "Hey...!"

demon_pachabel

medigel"

--

"She is tough," Iathe agreed, smiling a little vaguely as she fed her beloved another chunk of meat. Skerath proceeded to savage it as she had the other, sending blood flying all over her own face. Roana's sudden protests with her own dragon had the girl's ears perking though, and she paused to look at the other green with a tilted head and slightly narrowed eyes. Skerath... had certainly made herself noteworthy, it was true.

The green herself seemed unconcerned, swallowing the tidbit with relish before she fixed her gaze upon Ulendoth with whirling red eyes. They brought it upon themselves. She snarled, baring her bloody fangs and turning on the other green. No reason? They could hardly contain their ugly thoughts towards me and my sister. I killed no one, and they should be grateful. Your precious rider was unharmed.

"Skerath," Iathe spoke quietly, but firmly. The green settled with a growl, twisting her head to accept another bite of meat, which she may have savaged a bit harder than was called for. "Don't be" She said wearily, offering Roana a tired smile. "Skerath is just as opinionated. We need greens with spirit, seeing as..." Well, maybe that wasn't the time to bring up High Reaches politics. "I need to talk to you both later," She said in a more serious tone, looking between Roana and Martidae. "You're new to High Reaches, and the sooner I can get you caught up, the better."

Sinders Path

demon_pachabel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:41 pm
Quote:
wheeee crappy phone post; open; Kel is admiring cutie-pies left right and centre

Keleres [WW] - 21 - she/her/hers - JM Masseuse (spy)

As the seconds ticked by in unending heat, marked only by the rise and fall of tense anticipation clutching her heart, Keleres watched the newborn dragons and their parents. Her gaze never truly settled on any single winged creature. They were all so beautiful, in their own way… Some made her smile, others left her awed and full of wonder. And still some reminded her of gentle sibling rivalry- not that she had experienced it herself...

She locked the memories of her blood family away in a cage, one made of iron resolve and melancholic tenderness. It wasn’t time to dwell on the past. It was time to welcome the future. She tried to send the hatclings warm, welcoming thoughts of encouragement, enjoying the flighty, skipping beat of her heart, and ignoring the trickle of sweat that crept down her neck. Oh boy, a bath later sounded divine...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 5:57 pm
Kahbrohm

Looking at the twin bronzes, it didn't get by Kahbrohm couldn't help but frown, rubbing his jaw. "Not gonna get my hopes up. Best bronze already belongs to our father anyways," he stated bluntly with a shrug, "And don't start on impression will change my mind - I know that." He didn't even have to look to know that Dehka had already likely opened his mouth to start protesting.

Of course, it was hard to not feel some sort of stutter in his heart watching all of the babies that could be seen from that far back. The bronzes were just one of many dragon, and to only eye those was selling what he'd told his brother short. "A blue or a green or even a brown would suit just as well - and there are just as many. More, even," there was a tone of judgement for only the bronzes being considered for him and Dehka. "I have this feeling that I focused on one of them too hard, though, and the rest won't want to have my leftovers after that."

medigel

Tsunake

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:59 pm
With the antics around her, Saevath was laughing, her eyes whirling between red and violet as she snapped bit after bit of meat from Rune's fingers. Her siblings were so entertaining, weren't they? And Skerath was so deliciously vicious. While the other Green was not her FAVOURITE of her clutchsibs (that title belonged to Caderath), she still found quite a bit of fondness for the other's sharp claws. It delighted her to no end. Shifting as the healer finished work on her, she crooned to the other, You're right, dearest. They DID rather deserve it~. She'd savaged quite a few of her own, for how dare they think ill of her beloved sister. How DARE they.

Her new Rider sighed, stroking the little Green's nose, and getting a rather firm bite on the finger for her troubles. How irritating, but the two shared a moment's laughter at the antic. Why? Because Rune thought it was kind of funny that her own dragon shared her penchant towards violence. After all, it had been a part of her for so long. "Do you have to goad others on like that, Saevath?"
Why wouldn't I, Runemine? It's entertaining.

Tsunake
(You don't have to respond XD Saevath just felt the need to butt in >>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:19 pm
Amila and green Matoath
With Matoath fed, Amila moved for the oil buckets, carefully reaching in to begin applying the viscous liquid to Matoath's hide. She was... Trying with the other weyurlings, but her anxiety was beginning to re-build, uncertainty and nerves quieting her as she focused on tending to Matoath -- her Matoath, her love, her lifemate, and the dragonet's eyes remained whorling green and blue with occasional purples, the young hatchling nosing at her rider with love and affection, creeling softly to try to help her calm again. Amila let her move -- moving let her gently oil her dragonet's legs and paws more easily and the girl feared the thought of her bondmate uncomfortable or in pain, eyes focusing on the task at hand.

Matoath for her part was simply contented shifting to allow Hers to better oil spots and spaces, watching the others. Matoath felt no qualms offering her clutchsiblings and clutchcousins warm creels and croons of greeting, all being met with green and blue, the little green watching as she did, before sitting quite suddenly after a point, Amila squeaking at Matoath's sudden movement. Hers was too quiet, too quiet indeed and the little green looked to the others, creeling fondly to them all.

Hello, yours are all so lovely. It is good to see you all finding Yours too.[/color[ A creel, and she rose, moving to inspect every last weyrling present, still on her determined mission -- her rider needed to actually meet people if Matoath needed to get up and move so she could, and Amila startled, moving after the dragonet quickly with oil.

Love, wait, I'm not done! You wouldn't want to dry out would you?!

With yohere I know I will not, Mine -- because you are here to help. And Iwill help you too -- there's no reason at all to not visit with other weyrlings! And with that, the gireen unfurled her wings, partly for oiling, partly to say a big hello, her rider swallowing. Well... She'd try, if Matoath wanted!

Quote:
Feel free to interact!

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 8:22 pm

The little green continued to step through the Candidates. Suddenly, her eyes landed on someone--and she knew that they would be the best playmate of them all. Giving a happy leap, the green dragon kicked up sand as she tore over to her one and only.

Letting out a loud bugle of delight and joy, any Candidates she passed would find themselves hit not just with sand, but with a sudden spike of joy and pleasure. There you are! I was looking, and looking, and looking, and I just couldn't find you! You'll play with your Rosmeth, won't you? We'll have the most fun, you and I--I promise. The green dragon pushed herself against Saekagi, hoping to butter up the boy who harbored so much guilt and self-doubt. Rosmeth would ensure he had the time of his life. But first, let's get something to drink! I'm parched![/i

User Image

Ryuthulhu

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games