Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN ROUND 1 } RESULTS PAGE 12 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
PrinceFigment rolled 2 10-sided dice: 9, 3 Total: 12 (2-20)

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:57 am
As he began the last little bit of work on his onions, the judge approached his table.

OOC

"Stop," says judge Hyde, walking towards you. "You are finished."

Just as you take your apron off he amends, "Your are finished using that knife. Go and get a sharper knife."

Grumbling, the serpent stabbed his old knife, embedding it deep into the tabletop. Near as he could figure the knife was still functioning just fine. His onions were cut into slivers, just as he'd been tasked to do. Apparently that just wasn't good enough.

Aron grabbed a new knife and turned back toward his table in time to see...

OOC

Judge Hyde grabs a bowl full of sliced veggies and disposes of them. He stares at you with what might be smugness as you have to recut a whole bowl full of onions.

He stood in awe for a moment, watching the judge dump his veggies into the trash. Growling slightly, he bared his teeth and got back to work. Didn't matter what this pain in his tail did, he'd finish the task.

Staring down at his veggies, he started the process over again. At least he didn't have to start completely over.

OOC

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS: 25

yylaayl rolled 1 20-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:13 pm
The ink demon was grabbing at anything that remotely resembled a tearjerker, usually the end of a tentacle, and threw them into his cart, minimizing contact between him and the vicious veggies. He then walked as fast as he possibly could to his table and began the task of defanging and declawing the onions. Quillan took them out of the cart by grabbing onto anything sticking out of the tangled tearjerker mess and quickly chopping off the claws. If he did it fast enough, it wouldn't even realize what was happening. But once it did, the onion would try to attack. The boil discovered an easy way to defang them - when they tried to attack, if he stuck his knife in it's mouth at an angle, when it tried to bite him, it would defang itself! He was pretty sure this wasn't the right way to do it but hey, it worked, right?

OOC

STEP 1: Declawing and Defanging Your Onion
CONTESTANT NAME: Quillan
MINUTES LEFT: 58/60

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Lapin Patrol Mimosa: Victory! 50
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Face your demons rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:30 pm
The negative comment, given her score compared to other scores, did not affect Amarus' sense of self worth very much. In fact, it only served to make her preen internally. She aimed to be the best, and so long as the best was better than most of the others, she wouldn't be overly bent out of shape about anything.

The blindfold did not bother her overly much, though she was curious as to why they were being blindfolded. Part of her also hoped that it would be removed before she had to cook, so that she did not have to cheat-- yes, if faced with that decision, she would definitely try to cheat.

A loud boom and a thunk made Amarus deeply uncomfortable, and she could not help the defensive stance she assumed automatically, turning to the source of the sound. By the time she was able to relax and take off her blindfold, she was already exponentially more suspicious of this entire show.

The table was sparse, and the agony of the tearjerkers was not lost on her, though it didn't really bother her in any fundamental sense. The biting, as well, did little to dissuade her; she had been bitten by her own plants hundreds of times.

Her work ethic? How strange. Did that mean she couldn't attack the other chefs, or?...

Oh, no, it just meant she had to cut a lot of things very fast. She bit into her thumb again, for her lotus essence. Calm. As was her ritual, she folded her hands into a kuji-kiri before she began. Old habits.

Amarus approached the veggies. Perhaps because she was so immensely calm, perhaps because she was big on quality assurance, she took her sweet time gathering the tearjerkers. It took her fifteen minutes.

At one point, a tearjerker attacked her hand and would not let go. Her essence bled all over the place. She took advantage of her spectral flesh, rendered it intangible and let the tearjerker fall away. She took one of her ribbons off and bound her hand up, ignoring the bite as the natural numbing properties helped ease her pain.

OOC

STEP 1: DECLAWING AND DEFANGING YOUR ONION.
CONTESTANT NAME: Amarus
MINUTES LEFT: 45/60

Face your demons rolled 3 10-sided dice: 1, 9, 4 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:40 pm
Her hand bound by a ribbon, she was not entirely thrilled to be interviewed while she was busy but this was for entertainment she supposed. Amarus put on her best I am campaigning face, the one she had used as vice president, so that she could adequately come across as not a huge jerk.

The first question: WHY DID YOU TRY OUT FOR HADES KITCHEN? Amarus paused only for a moment; it was a pretty easy question. "I enjoy food preparation, I enjoy competition, and I love winning," she said, simply.

Question two made her grin in a not entirely harmless way. "It would only be appropriate to say: ex umbra, ex dolor, virtus immaculata." She did not translate.

"I do not envision anything," she admitted, and it was true; Amarus focused only on the present, never on the future. That had always been how it was, and she had no plans on changing it this time. "Since I am in the present, I will not bother imagining the future; I will leave that to you," she said, with a bow.

Now she could get back to the work, right? And she could stop smiling like a drugged cat.

OOC

STEP 2: Interview; 1) Why did you try out for Hades Kitchen? ; 9) If you could say one thing in front of live national TV what would you say? ; 4) Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?
MINUTES LEFT: 45/60

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons rolled 3 20-sided dice: 7, 18, 9 Total: 34 (3-60)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:48 pm
Oh, great. The interview cost her time. She did not realize that, and it took a lot more time than she had imagined; she chopped the onion as quickly as she could, though continued to make it as even as possible, and took her time even doing this.

By the time all of that was done, she'd used a considerable chunk of time, but had not gone over her limit.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting it close; 7, 18, 9.
MINUTES LEFT: (45/60 - 34) = 11 remaining.

Face your demons rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:57 pm
This show involved a lot more talking than food, she was beginning to learn. After the interview ate up a huge chunk of her time, now it appeared the judges were walking around and bothering the contestants. A waste of time, a useless distraction. She quietly kept to herself, and continued to chop her tearjerkers thin as anything.

In fact, she was not at all concerned that the judges were ignoring her at first. It was a welcome change, letting her relax and set into the groove of her task before they did come interrupt her.

She tried to be even more polite to these than she was to the interviewer, but honestly she did not see the point to all the talking. Hades' Kitchen was like 20% food, and 80% mouth movements accompanied by useless sounds. That's pretty much what she was thinking as Hyde approached.

Her thought adjusted itself as, instead of saying anything, Hyde merely tossed an entire bowl of her onions. She stared quietly, her expression becoming mirror-blank like it did when she was not sure how to respond or when she was particularly annoyed.

Silently, as though he had never been by, she cut up a new bowl of onions and stared at him, as if to say: Is that all you've got? and also That was incredibly childish.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting it close; unwanted critique. 10) You are blatantly ignored by both judges. Maybe they really hate you; 3) Judge Hyde grabs a bowl full of sliced veggies and disposes of them. He stares at you with what might be smugness as you have to recut a whole bowl full of onions. (Just RP it, no need to reroll!)
MINUTES LEFT: 11

OOC
MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND WITH AMARUS IS 11

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

Face your demons rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:09 pm
Sigrun was not surprised at the judgement her dish received, and accepted it silently and seriously. At least she was through to the next round. Actually, why was she here?

"For the excellence of my future," she replied aloud, and then looked around as if wondering what the hell that meant.

It took her only nine minutes to gather all one hundred veggies. She was smiling creepily the whole time, cradling them almost, letting them cover her hands in bites and feeling a little shiver of joy each time they broke the skin. The pain just made her mood swell and improve.

Awkward.

OOC

STEP 1: DECLAWING AND DEFANGING YOUR ONION.
CONTESTANT NAME: Sigrun Runa
MINUTES LEFT: 51/60

yylaayl rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 2, 4 Total: 14 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:10 pm
Quote:
8.) If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?
2) Tell me a little about yourself, your backstory, who you are.
4) Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?

Quillan had just chopped off the fangs of the last onion when he realized that the attention was on him. He froze, having never been on TV before and unsure of what to do. The boil was lucky that he was finished with the declawing and defanging or else he would be covered in bite marks by now.

The first question came as a total surprise to him. Honestly, he'd entered the competition for fun and didn't expect to win at all, but that wasn't something you could say on TV. What would he base a cookbook after? "If I had a cookbook, I would base it off of some of my favorite recipes from when I was a kid! The questions only got harder after that. " Uhh...I come from a family of writers, so they would be very surprised to see me here..." Quillan gave a sheepish wave to the camera. I love what I do, but cooking is a great break from writer's block!" The last question was about winning. "I would be rather surprised if I won since there are so many amazing chefs here, but that won't stop me from trying! What I would do with the money...hmmm..." He thought about it for a bit before saying, "I don't know yet but I'd probably keep a large portion of it and give some to help a charity or organization? Don't know yet..." Luckily, they left him alone after that because he wasn't sure he would be able to answer another question.

OOC

STEP 2: The Interview
MINUTES LEFT: 58/60

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
Face your demons rolled 3 10-sided dice: 10, 3, 8 Total: 21 (3-30)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:12 pm
The next portion, as she finished cutting her onion and looked over to see a camera, appeared to be the interview. She set her knife down, slipped all of her cut onion into a bowl, and wiped her hands dry on her outer skirt as she turned to face the interviewer with a smile.

Speaking to groups was not a problem, speaking to one individual was even less so. The first question, however, seemed to be about other contestants. "Which contestant do you think is going home today?" they asked. She looked around the room.

"I do not know, " Sigrun said. "The one who seems best prepared, I would imagine. There is a certain way that one who seems sure of everything falls much faster than those of us who seem to give doubt a moment of our time."

"What do you think about the other contestants here?" was the second question. Again? She really didn't know the other contestants at all, this was only their first challenge.

"I think I do not know much about any of them," she said. "It would be irresponsible to claim any other stance without taking the time to meet them. I cannot afford the diversion, at the moment, unfortunately."

"If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?"

Initially confused by off after, Sigrun finally answered: "Do you mean what recipes would I include, in general? Their theme? I would gather the foods preferred by my people," she said, with confidence. "Traditional dishes," she amended.

Nothing foreign they may have encountered since. That was not her goal. Synergy was a hideous word.

OOC

STEP 2: The interview. 10) Which contestant do you think is going home today?, 3) What do you think about the other contestants here?, 8.) If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?
MINUTES LEFT: 51/60

yylaayl rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 13, 9 Total: 31 (3-60)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:13 pm
Quillan looked at the clock to see how much time was left. He annoyed to find that more than half of the time had passed and he still had to cut up all the tearjerkers. He got to work quickly, panicking slightly.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting It Close
MINUTES LEFT: 27/60

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
Face your demons rolled 3 20-sided dice: 14, 19, 10 Total: 43 (3-60)

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:35 pm
The timer, Sigrun had learned, did not stop while she was being interviewed. Sneaky. It was as if it was a military tactic used against them. Sigrun, in that moment, entered a space of tactical defense: everything that happened next, she would view as possibly hostile action.

And, ideally, react accordingly to strengthen her resolve.

In fact, the interview had taken 43 minutes, and she was irritable over this.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting it close, the timer.
MINUTES LEFT: 8/60

Face your demons rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 3 Total: 13 (2-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:37 pm
During the last phase of preparation, Sigrun noticed that the judges were visiting everyone. At least, they seemed to be. They were very obviously ignoring her. Her pride was a little wounded, and she thought constantly: am I doing something wrong? Or something right?

Moments later, she realized that it did not matter. If they came to her, they came to her. If they did not, they did not. She would give it time. Everything in time.

Time did, in fact, bring Hyde to her. Hyde, who promptly and without explanation dumped a bowl of her onions out. She sighed, and thought: I was right to assume it is out of hostility they act.

"I will assume that this new bowl will be much better than my previous bowl, and merely be grateful for the opportunity to improve," she said aloud, to no one in particular, as she righted her affairs.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting it close, unwanted critique. 10) You are blatantly ignored by both judges. Maybe they really hate you. 3) Judge Hyde grabs a bowl full of sliced veggies and disposes of them. He stares at you with what might be smugness as you have to recut a whole bowl full of onions. (Just RP it, no need to reroll!) ... somehow i got the exact same roll with both characters, wtf. GO AWAY HYDE.
MINUTES LEFT: 8/60

OOC

MY FINAL SCORE THIS ROUND WITH SIGRUN IS 8

Face your demons

Magnetic Detective

yylaayl rolled 2 10-sided dice: 6, 9 Total: 15 (2-20)

yylaayl

Magical Bunny

17,675 Points
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:18 pm
Quillan heard a voice behind him say "you are finished". He wasn't sure if Judge Hyde was talking to him. The boil looked around but the only person he could possibly be looking at was the ink demon. "M-m-me?" he asked, unable to believe that he had only passed one round and he was already being weeded out. He thought he had been doing quite well, all things considered! As he was fumbling with the knot on his apron, the judge told him to get another knife. Confused to no end, he stood frozen in front of his table before shouting a "yes sir!" at the back of the judge walking away. He put the old knife to the side and got a new one and was finally recovering a bit from the shock when he felt a rather large hand on his shoulder, causing him to panic again. This time, it was Judge Ramsay, and he was telling Quillan to stop and take off the apron he had just finished tying again. He stared at the judge - he thought he had been given a second chance but was that gone too?

But then the judge told him to go to the winner's table and the boil gave the largest sigh of relief he was sure it could be picked up from the other side of the room past all the screams of the dying tearjerkers. He was beyond delighted, but wished BOTH the judges hadn't decided to give him heart attacks.

OOC

(reacted to 9 first then 6 or it wouldnt make sense LOL)
MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 27

musicaloner7 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:49 pm
The demon was looking forward to giving a go at taking on those tearjerkers, herself. After watching the magnificent Chef Gorgon perfectly execute the proper technique to prepare those veggies, Ev was ready to go on and attempt it herself. Grabbing a juicy looking one first, she began, following the same sorts of movements that the great chef had before... but in a much slower process. It was a lot more difficult than he'd lead her to believe, the fangs really stuck in there, and the tentacles hard to get a firm grip on. Because of this, it took the grand bois much longer to finish her tearjerkers, but at least they were done correctly. That had to count for something, right?
OOC

STEP 1: declawing and fanging your onion
CONTESTANT NAME: Ev
MINUTES LEFT: 43/60

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

musicaloner7 rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 8 Total: 19 (3-30)

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:58 pm
While she was focused, Ev wasn't oblivious to the numerous cameras that were surrounding her and her fellow competition. When one of them zoomed in on her, the demon was a bit surprised, but continued to wear her light, easygoing smile. A little bow of her head was even given, in respect. The first question was simple enough for her, head only tipping slightly in a thoughtful manner.

Quote:
If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?

"If I had my own cookbook, I'd surely base it off of plant based foods. They are my favorites to indulge in, after all." simple enough, she thought.

Quote:
What do you think about the other contestants here?

the following question made her pause to glance around her at the others scrambling to get their tests done, and also being swarmed by cameras. She... didn't know any of them. It caused her to remain silent awhile before she finally replied, "I don't know any of them, but I wish them the best in this challenge."

Quote:
What do you think about chefs Gorgon Ramsay and chef Dr. Hyde?

Another tricky question, but the ghoul kept up her smile, "I find them to be quite amiable, and true artists when it comes to the culinary realm. I have plenty I could learn from them, and be inspired by."

OOC

STEP 2: The interview
CONTESTANT NAME: Ev
MINUTES LEFT: 43/60

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items