Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:31 pm
"Heh. Want booze more for the drunkening affect than anything else," he said quietly, "maybe I'll make sense of everything, but yeah it is too bad about the masks...Not that I feel thirsty or anything..." Theta Seven chuckled a bit at Deli's actions and then shrugged. "Enjoy yer imaginary booze, buddy. You can have it all~."

"I'd just be happy with something good happening to us," replied to Davii, "instead of a monster attack here and running to survive there..." Theta Seven was a figure of simple needs. "It'd be nice if we could figure out something to do while we wait for the next attack or the next appearance of Him - something."

Theta Seven tilted his head a bit and chuckled, "Besides you might want to be dangerous with your wishes around here..."  
Marushii rolled 2 4-sided dice: 4, 1 Total: 5 (2-8)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:09 am
(( LOL WRONG DICE ))  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
Marushii rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 1 Total: 9 (2-16)

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:10 am
AyeAvast

OK OW.
That was just... Ugh, that was unfair. Theta-1 did her best to roll the thing off her and then scrambled up and away, shakily taking out her gun. Unfortunately she HAD jinxed herself as she could barely get the rubber bullets in and when she did, her trigger didn't seem to be working.
"DAMN IT!" She screamed, shaking the gun helplessly. "I put them in wrong."

"Oh! Theta-7! Hey! So nice to see you here!" It was actually kind of nice to have someone in this craziness with her that she sort of knew. A little... Not at all. She knew his name. That was a good start! "So who's Delta-7 and who's Delta-3?" She inquired, tensing her body in preparation for the next hit from this shadow-thing.

((Weapon Used: Gun
Damage Dealt: 0! Fail Theta-1!
HP: 30-8: 22))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

If it could, it would have hissed and clicked as it moved is head from side to side studying Theta I carefully.

HP: 4
Damage Dealt: 5  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:05 am
The few apparitions lurking around suddenly looked up, like stray animals on alert, and scattered, squealing, dashing back into the darkest shadows. There was a familiar clank and then the hum and glow of a weapon, outlining the cloaked figure.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"Not bad, not bad. You did better than the last group, I do have to say. All right, fun time is over, lets move to the real training exercise, wont we? I have a really nice reward for the survivors, so don't feel too upset about this okay, you are free to go after this."

It was hard to tell from their flippant tone of voice if they were actually telling the truth or lying through their teeth. Thunk went something from behind them.

The moment of tension held, paranoia only worse at every slightest sound.

-"Just kidding. You guys are free to go on in...." The figure looked at their wristwatch, "ETA eight hours and counting. That's not bad at all right? But I'm no slave driver, I like to educate my trainees, not kill them, so have a little... bathroom break okay?" Upon their blank looks, they held up one sleeve, hands placed in a 'You figure it out' gesture.

Nothing else happened as they disappeared again.

((BREAK PHASE:

Feel free to take as many turns to heal or rest as you have first aid kits/bandages for. The second phase will begin in an estimate 12 OOC hours
- GMS: All attacks subside from this point
- PLAYERS: Any damage you have sustained up to this point remains, unless you want to use a first aid kit/healing item))  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

kalindara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:27 am
'Be careful what you wish for' was what flashed through Delta Seven's mind as the Reaper appeared as if summoned. The shadows were no longer writhing as if alive, so that was a plus, at least.

"Training?" Delta Seven repeated as the Reaper disappeared. "We're being trained? To do what?" He'd thought it was more like some kind of punishment, or attempt to kill them.

Though they now had an official break. No need to even be on the alert until the Reaper came back. Delta Seven sat down, leaning his back against the cage. "I'd like to say it's beer o'clock, but I think we just covered the problems with that. Still, looks like rest period part two."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:50 am
((Those currently locked in battle are still in battle? Like Theta One, I think is still in a fight since she got here late and et cetera.
EDIT: Okay so all attacks are stopped and the monster is gone/had disappeared since that phase is over. -Zoo answered my question in PM so I posted it here for AyeAvast to see so she doesn't get stuck wonderin'.-))

Theta Seven startled a bit as the figure returned and announced that it was now break time for them - officially. He moved to settle in a crouch nearby Davii and waited to be joined by anyone else that was able to. He shifted his shoulders as if to shrug off the weight of anxiousness only to no avail. So much depended on survival the fact that they might get something out of all this was ... appealing but who knows what that would entail.

"It's like we're a bunch of dogs in a sadistic training program if that's the case. We do bad we get more than just a smack on the nose with a rolled up news paper...If that is the case." Again he shifted his shoulders suddenly feeling heavy the more he relaxed the more conscious he became about his gear. "...Honestly I think he talks 'funny' because he likes how confused we get."

Theta Seven gave a small laugh at Davii's words, "Yeah...More waiting. Shoulda gotten a hold of a deck of cards somehow," he said jokingly. It was hard to relax when everything around them seemed so grim and mysterious.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:53 am
[Beta 8 entering the Dark Cove]

Bait felt a little queezy after being sent here from the portal and he took a minute to recover. Breathing was a little more difficult when laboured. Once he recovered a bit he straightened and looked around, kind of surprised to see a bunch of people, and a little worse for wear. "Where is the place?" he asked out loud, to no one in particular. At least he had his gun to defend himself if any of these strange people decided they didn't want him around.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:47 am
A very tiny "Oooowwwww..." escaped from Theta-1 as she flopped over onto the ground, holding various body parts where the shadow had attacked before it had fled. Man, that thing had really taken a hit on her and she hadn't even had a chance to attack back. The coward!
In any even she was glad for the break and staggered to her feet, casting her eyes around the room at the others.
"Deli? Heh, that's kind of cute." She walked her over to the boy, using the moment to stretch out sore muscles and look over the damage. Not that bad, but still... It sure did hurt and if another monster like that attacked she'd be in big trouble.
"Um, so like... Does anyone have any bandages? I only have a gun and I could really use some healing right now. It hurts... Really, really bad." No, seriously. It did hurt. For once she wasn't just playing it all up. The unfortunate thing was she wasn't nearly hurt enough to use her first aid kit (they only got 2 full heals and she was going to save those little suckers for a really dire emergency of "Oh god Imma die") and she only had that stupid gun that didn't even work... All the time...

Though the mysterious person had seemed only slightly cordial, Theta-1 was not content. This was all too spooky and weird for her. She was starting to get nervous. Another step was taken toward Deli so she was withing touching distance, but it would do nothing to cling to the poor thing. And it might look weak. The others had defeated their monsters and Theta-1 had only been able to feeble attempt an attack before they got their break.
"So what's everyone's theory on this guy? Think he's the ringleader? And what's with that Pony of Doom?! Someone else saw that, right?!"
Yeah, this was getting pretty weird...
And then someone else was appearing!? What is this?!
"Who's that??" Theta-1 asked, looking at her phone for answers. "How'd you get in here?!" No, seriously. What is this place?! It was worse than the Lost Island! Though... Oh god, there WERE shadow monsters which were kind of like smoke monsters in a really weird off-kilter way... Whatever.

((HP: 17
Thanks Pales! That makes things much easier!
Computer still on the fritz, but waiting on new keyboard so MAYBE it'll be fixed by early next week. Until then I'm around sparingly. Next post will be later tonight and I'll try to keep an eye on this! XD ))

(AUGHHH. For some weird reason I thought Deli was a girl. I fail epically and deeply apologize. >.<; Is Theta-1 the only girl here? XD )  

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:52 am
Breaktime, eh?

"Oh goody! I almost wanna say this is . . . kindergarden now," Deli said offhandedly, about to go on one of his allegorical tangents again. "You know. Whole new world of school, lots of kids you don't know, only one adult around to look after everyone, makin' new friends or enemies . . ."

You know, minus weapons and all that bad stuff. Like the nasty fire pony and the fact that a lot of people were gonna die.

"And if we're going with that, I'd say this is . . . nap time!" he exclaimed with a snap of his finger, clearly elated. Theta-1, being closest, was the object of his hand-to-back-patting-of-comeraderie. "I like nap time, don't you guys?"

Seemed they were soon to be five, for another figure (this one in blue, a new one he hadn't seen before) appeared at random in the crumbled hallway with them. Though his hand tightened a little on Theta-1's shoulder, his immediate shock went away rather quickly. "Nice of you to join us, Blue's Clues. Name's Deli, and nope I haven't the slightest clue where we're at! Just underground." 8U

He didn't ask questions. Last time he tried, Grim had ignored him. Best to just take things in stride, he supposed.

He turned back to Theta-1 once more to address her need for bandages. "Unless then new guy has some, we're bandage-less. If you want, I can help you with the kit?" He then took a seat in the corner opposite of the one Davii and Thev were occupying, back against the wall, head leaning slightly back as well.

For all intents and purposes, he was pretty relaxed. If they only had Grim's word to go on that nothing was gonna bother them for a bit, then so be it. He wasn't gonna be tense for whatever period of time and risk fighting with stiff arms and legs. Deli liked taking advantage of down time, because he had a feeling they wouldn't get much of that here.

"Sit, relax, have an inviso-beer~" he said happily to the two standing up, gesturing once more to the area he had indicated earlier. "If you don't have a 'real' name yet, we can start with that. 'Cause us three, we figured it's better than just calling people by letters and numbers. Real names, man. They got power."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:44 pm
"No bandages, only weapons," Delta Seven replied tersely to Theta One. If she wanted healing, she'd have to do the same as the rest of them and use her First Aid Kit.

Suddenly a new voice piped up. A figure in blue walked into view.

D7 straightened where he sat. To say this was a shock would be an understatement. "The hell? What's someone else doing here?" A quick check of his cell phone showed no new messages, no teleporting option for someone else to arrive here. Was this guy really one of them?

He eyed Beta 8's identifying colour - a bright blue. Unfortunately for Beta 8, it was the same colour as the Reaper's giant scythe. Edging closer to Thev, Delta Seven quietly muttered, "We've seen that colour on someone else. On their weapon. You think this guy is...?"

Maybe that line about having a break had been a lie.  

kalindara

Muffinsbaby

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:21 pm
Bait saw the way the other people were looking at him suspiciously. He didn't know why, but he knew well enough to stay under the radar...or at least as under the radar as he could be, not bringing attention to himself. This wasn't hard, as he usually liked being by himself anyway. So, he casually walked over to a nice secluded spot and analysed. That's what he did when he was stressed or bored, or needed something to do, he analysed. He'd been doing it a lot, and found he enjoyed it, so he just picked something and analysed it. For this whole trip, the subject of this analysis was 'Where the ******** am I and what's going to happen next?'  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:03 pm
((Epsilion Three (E-3) is entering the Dark Cove from the Epsilon Base Tent.))

Out from a bright-blue portal stepped a figure clad in pink, with the number and letter on the side of her head stating she was from the Epsilon camp, number three. She looked about as she entered, confusion slightly on her face (not that anyone would be able to tell under the mask) as she studied who else was already there.

The numbers and letters printed on the slightly worn out people seemed slightly familiar and after a moment her brain clicked. They were the numbers and letters from the text message they'd recieved some time ago. Thinking, she paused and looked at the stake in her hands. If they were from the text...then that meant the portal had brought her to where they were, which was...?

She quickly flipped out her phone, looking up the last text, comparing the numbers on the other people's heads. They were indeed the corrrect letters and numbers. She must have been brought to the Cove then...but the Cove, though?

She then noticed that those from the text's attention was focused on someone dressed in blue. It took her a second to recognize him, but then she realized he was the person that her team had gang-attacked to death. Wait...hadn't he died?
...Did that mean she had died?

In any case, it seemed she was alive and she was here, for now. That's all that mattered. She mused quietly to herself saying, "The Cove...I suppose they have brought me here for some purpose."

Trira

kalindara

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:13 pm
"Yeah," Delta Seven said to both newcomers, "this is the Cove. If by cove you mean an underground hallway where the Grim Reaper himself shows up every so often to confuse us and throw monsters our way." The land above had been flat and featureless. Simply collapsing part of that land so people fell to some hidden chamber did not make a cove, in Delta Seven's books.

"You lot got names?" he asked. "I'm Delta Seven, Davii if you prefer." The chances of blue guy being the aforementioned grim reaper had lessened with the arrival of someone else. He checked his phone - still nothing there to say more people had been summoned here. "And how'd you get here? Either I'm gettin' no reception, or you didn't come the same way as us."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:16 pm
Quite unlike Davii, Deli was less likely to jump to conclusions. After all, they had just befriended people from the very team they had been poised against to get the pendant - who was to say they couldn't do the same with other teams? At least, it was obvious to him that there were far more teams than they previously thought - and probably a s**t ton more people along with it.

"R'lax, Davii" came his reply from where he sat on the ground, back against the opposing corner from him and Thev. "Seems to me Grim decided we needed more players for our training. I'm pretty chill with that."

So . . . Pink and Blue to add to their Green and Teal. 4 teams. Was that all of them, he wondered . . .

"Deli's the name," he said by way of introduction, repeating again since the pink person teleported in. "Or, if you wanna be formal about it, Delta-3. Oy, Davii, you think that's how Grim moved about? Them blue portals?"

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:18 pm
"Don't have any bandages. My luck only extended to getting a mace-thing," he muttered quietly as he stayed crouched near Davii, "gotta use your kit or you can risk it and see if you make it through ... whatever is planned for the next part." Theta Seven honestly had no idea what to expect next once the 'rest period' was over. He didn't honestly feel like resting at all because it felt more like submitting himself to an actual death sentence.

Way to make people paranoid.

He shifted his shoulders a bit, "I dunno who he is - I just know he seems...Pretty powerful...Could just be a bunch of bluster and bravado for all I know..."

Theta Seven laughed a bit at Deli's words, "No nap for me thanks...I can't relax in this place..."

He trailed off and paused. He stared at the new entry into the area and watched as they moved around with a furrowed brow behind his mask. Really? Was he supposed to be here? Much like Davii he had checked his phone and saw no 'name' that suggested that this individual should even be here - unless this person was personally summoned in some sort of private manner by the powers that be. That seemed a bit weird.

Theta Seven looked over at Davii and murmured softly, "I doubt it. I don't get the same vibe from this guy...I am sure there are others with the same coloring on their uniform we just...hadn't seen them yet."

If this person wasn't supposed to be here - he was certain they are going to be dealt with or something. For now since everyone was addressing this person it was hard to ignore them.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff