Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [Classrooms]
The Incubation Facility [Open to select few](next group p29) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alan Rikery
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:53 pm
Next group will be hosted by Haruki
Gabby
Paxton
Earako
Chath
Anataela
Anoki
(If you don't show up your slot will be taken by those who missed past showings. :B )

Upcoming groups//
3- Hosted by ???
Harper
Oliver
Delphinidae
Arith
Lian
~
4-Hosted by ???
Kale
Stella
Liang
Chath

Sharika has been given autherization to come alone, and will not require a group.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:16 pm
"Why do I work here again?" The red head mumbled to himself, flipping through the sheet of papers he had been going over lately. Dragon types, facts, names. Yes, yes, all quite interesting, and certainly something he could enjoy. But he wasn't in his little room, his self made office safely tucked away from society. No... He was in a room waiting for the individuals who went with those names. And that, was not something that sat particularly well with him.

The substitute wasn't exactly Mr. Social. He was quite the opposite. No book seemed to help him understand how those little brains worked any better, and this wouldn't be helping much either. Not with them all trying to grab at the eggs, right? Hopefully that wouldn't touch any of the ones in acid, burnt hands would not look good at all. Then he'd have parents to deal with as well, twice the pain...

He turned another piece of paper, past one brightly colored bird, and then... "...Paxton..." That name was familiar. Oh wait... "Yes, fate does hate me..." He mumbled, wanting to scream quite loudly at the moment. That was the bird that had lived at the house. Though it wasn't the winged angst mess he was worried about. Personally, he felt bad for that kid. Having to live with that insane mother of his. She'd been the one who let out the homicidal maniac that had...

Ok, back on task he needed to get this done quickly, before anything bad really did happen. "What a day this will be. Those kids better not be late... I don't want to deal with that woman any long than I need to." He muttered under his breath, opening his current re-read. Ah yes, psychology. Not that it helped him understand people much anyway. Not everyone had a severe disorder. But most did, or so it seemed. At least, in his opinion.

Anataela, Earako, Chath, Gabby, and Paxton...

Well, how many oddities could he spot in that group?

Then again... He needed to focus on the eggs, if he explained them, showed them, maybe let them touch them, if it was appropriate. Well if he did that, he could finish this before one of those personalities showed up. Yes, more than studying creatures oddities, saving himself from that insane woman came first. Well, there was the plan, now to wait for the kids. "Almost time..." He said quietly, reopening the book to read while he waited.

HarukiMitsu
Crew

lithle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:28 pm
"Da', do I really meet my egg today?" Earako asked, in her usual hushed voice. She'd been nervous since they'd gotten the news, fluttering about, incapible of showing her usual calm focus. All the doubts she'd put away were coming back to her, and she couldn't help but shake the feeling that this was THE meeting. Her dragon might just decide not to like her while still in the shell.

"Yeah, Kid. So they say." He held tightly to his daughter's hand as he led her into the incubation facility, trying not to catch her anxiety. It was difficult, after all, an anxious child meant nightmares, and that meant he hadn't gotten any sleep for the last couple nights. At least this would end it. Earako could meet her egg and finally stop obsessing. The house would go back to normal.

"And I'll know what kinda dragon I'm gettin'?" She asked, looking around curiously from behind her dark glasses. This was someplace new and she wanted to see.

"Mmhmm." Michael agreed, absently, heading toward the red headed man. He looked like he knew what was going on. "Hey. Earako's here to meet her egg."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Before they even entered the incubation facilty, she had decided to lay a few rules down to her daughter. " Now, Ana, there's lots of very expensive - and breakable - things in this building, so you aren't to touch anything without asking first, okay ? "

Ana nodded nervously. She didn't want to breka anything ! What if she broke her dragon ? She swallowed loudly. " Yes Mom. I'll be really carefully, and walk really slowly, and be really, really good. "

Faidrae

HarukiMitsu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:14 pm
(Please note, Haruki will likely refere to the children by their species scientific name, rather than their names. Most are kind of odd, but if you see him saying, say 'chameleo' it's not a typo. That's the broud scientific name for a chameleon.)

Voices? ...He half looked up from the book, quickly spotting the two figures. Ah yes... Desmodus rotundus. He looked back down to the line he had been reading, though didn't continue. Disinterest, a slight habit of his.

The albino female, Earako. No last name, cared for by a male human named Michael, likely the one that was with her. She'd be getting... The red dragon. He mentally ticked off facts in his head, going over things in silence until the voice demanded his attention.

Why can't people just wait quietly?

"And I will be showing Miss Earako, and four others their eggs. Now please be silent until they arrive." He replied, his tone rather cold. Why had he taken this job again? Oh yes... To escape the cat, anything was better than the cat... He shook his hed, turning to look at both fully, though one could only halfway see if he was watching do to the hair that always fell hiding half of his face. "What I mean to say is, we cannot begin until the others have arrived, thus I'd prefere not to talk. As well, do not go, and look at anything. If you manage to hurt yourself because you do not heed this warning, it is not my fault." And certainly there where plenty of things to hurt yourself with. Acid, fire, getting frostbite... Oh yes, plenty of fun things.

It took only a moment for more noise though, more... Problems. Crimson hued eyes turned toward the steps coming, the voices. A Chameleo... He wasn't sure the time exactly what kind she was. But definitely a Chameleo. He wasn't exactly thrilled though. Walk carefully, and slowly? Oh, another klutz like that leopard at Raja's house liked to be. Absolutely brilliant.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:55 am
Michael bristled automatically at the man's attitude, his expression turning from exhausted yet approachable to angry. He really wasn't in the mood for this. He hadn't had enough sleep for this! He wasn't going to let some a*****e talk down to him, and possibly upset Earako. "You know, I don't--"

He cut off at the urgent tug on his sleeve, looking down to see Earako looking at him, her own expression dark and displeased.

"Da'!" She hissed, her usual whispery tone even lower than usual, and hard to catch. "The teacher said to hush."

She frowned up at him, making sure that he behaved himself. When teachers said no talking, it meant no talking, and any D-corp adult was a teacher in her eyes. Silly Da', he wasn't used to being at school. So she had to keep him from getting them both in trouble.

Michael rubbed his eyes, but kept his mouth shut. For her, he'd keep his opinions to himself. And only for her.  

lithle

Gabriela Juliana
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:11 pm
This morning hadn't been particularly good for Paxton, I suppose you could say that he woke up on the wrong side of the nest. Yes, his bed did seemed to resemble more of a messy nest than a bed with the way he kept it.

It had been further made worse because Ma had woke him up all night with a mixture of laughter and screams from the other room. More company had moved into the house, an old acquaintance of Naito's. Apparently he had been off on some business and was now back to stay, the whole house (except him) had decided to celebrate. So now was Paxton not only having to deal with people at home, but he was being dragged to this facility, where he would be shoved into a small space with lots of other people, while the lectured him about his egg.

Ah, the egg. That was one thing which didn't seem to bother him much, the fact that he was going to be seeing his egg. For Paxton this egg was something new and interesting to see, also something to add to his journal...which was now turning into a sketch book more than anything, filled with bits of his thoughts, odd facts and drawings of wild creatures he had encountered out doors (although I should hardly think a simple garden spider can count as a 'wild creature').

"Paxton...be a good boy and get the door for mommy," Naito said behind her thick heavy black shades, as the two entered the incubation facility. "Mommies having trouble making her way around because of her hangover."

The love bird obeyed and guided Ma around until his eyes found the picture they were looking for; a red haired man and a group of children. He made sure to keep his distance from everyone tugging Ma's hand before they got to close to the pack. Hmmn, that man he had seen him before. "Haruki....?" Paxton mumbled to himself, the name seemed to fit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:20 pm
He glanced up as the other started to speak, quirking an eyebrow as the young girl silenced the elder. Curious, but good. "You should learn to have excellent manners like your daughter." He said quietly, flipping a page in his book, and turning his attention back to the facts in the book. It certainly wasn't one of those wonderful fantasy books people enjoyed.

Facts, the wonderful things in life that he tried to collect. Perhaps he was one of those people who wanted to know everything? But if he couldn't say that for certain, that in itself was one thing he didn't know. "I believe the name on your information sheet, if you are infact the father, is Michael. Well Michael, I would like to request you remain silent, unless spoken to from now on. Or at least for the duration of this tour." He hadn't bothered to glance at the other while he spoke, and his tone hadn't been cruel, just continually empty, and cold. Void of any emotion. That was how he tended to be. Or liked to anyway, and he wasn't in a good mood lately. Not since Issale's decision to bring up a lot of bad memories.

Why did the snow leopard have to do things like that? Usually his topics to bring new forms of entertainment to the house where so harmless... He sighed quietly, opening his eyes, and glancing at the slowly growing group.

Wait... Growing?

The single visable eye turned to look in the direct of the one who said his name, spotting the brightly colored bird. Well... There went any chance of this being pleasant.

Not with the bird of course, but with the one near him. And if he wasn't mistaken, he'd seen her like that once, or twice before. Classic indication of one thing. She'd had a drinking party, and gotten smashed. Maybe that meant he would get it easy afterall.

"Hello, Paxton." He paused, turning his gaze back to the woman. "Naito." He quickly closed the book he'd been reading, pulling out the papers he'd stuffed in the back as if he'd actually need them.

"Right, we're waiting for two more people. Miss Gabby, and mister Chath. If they are not here within..." He closed his eyes, thinking briefly. "Five minutes(IC time), they are going to be considered late, and miss out on this." He glanced at the group. "It would be unfortunate to have to keep you waiting here much longer, for certainly if they are much later they obviously do not intend to come." He tapped a finger on the book. "But in the case that they do come, you will all get to see the punishment for tardiness."

((The five minutes will be 1-2 days. I'm still deciding, I know both are in hiatus'y. But they said they'd try to come if this was held. So yeah.))

HarukiMitsu
Crew

Raja

Kawaii Shoujo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:56 pm
((Alright folks, since they aren't here, we're going to start this. You can reply again before I post if you'd like. If one doesn't happen soon, I'll just have Haruki begin. ^^

PS - If you intend to try showing up still you two, you have until Haru's NEXT post to do so. Otherwise, he'll tell you to be more prompt next time, and ask you to leave. Gomen ne. You'll be bounced into another group for later I guess.))  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 4:32 pm
What a b*****d. And yet... Michael was a sucker for anyone who complimented the pale little bat at his side, even when that compliment was meant as some form of insult to him. The man was really starting to remind him of Lithle. Lithle with books. He had that same emotionless tone in his voice.

"Huh." A soft sound, and not enough to be considered a comment or upset Earako. He couldn't help but be almost amused, and if for no other reason than his daughter's sake, he'd hold his tongue for the trip. He really wished he didn't have to be here at all. But, what was, was. He'd just have to deal with it and be glad when it was over.

Earako's focus was primarily on her Da', making sure he continued to behave. She'd show the teacher that they both had excellent manners, that's what she'd do! Still, she spared enough attention to twist in place, examining the other kids coming to meet their eggs.

One was the bird... the bright one that had been in Wingers with her. But she couldn't remember his name. She didn't know the girl at all, but that was OK too. She waved, a bit hesitantly, resisting the urge to call out a hello. No talking meant no talking.  

lithle

DivineSaturn
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:04 pm

Raven didn't stop once on her way down the hall, tugging Anoki's arm with one hand, holding a neatly folded sheet of paper in the other. Ever second that passed irritated her further. Why hadn't they left ten minutes earlier? Then they wouldn't have to hurry, and she wouldn't have to drag a child in an effort to speed up, and her hair wouldn't be so horribly messy.

The reason they were late was running in an effort to keep up. He had misplaced his favorite dragon plushie, and it took almost an hour before he located it under his mattress. In the meantime his door had been kept locked, so that he wouldn't be carted off without it. Considering the fit his mother had thrown though, Anoki would almost rather they'd left without the dragon.

Almost. At least if Raven was scary again, he would have something comforting.

"Wait, please." She could see the group just ahead, and they hadn't left yet. Brilliant. It was easy to identify the teacher. Two parents she had met or at least seen before, and they were immediately ruled out. Then there was a rather simple looking woman, who was bypassed. "Excuse me, sir, but I have one more for your group. Anoki Kenelm was unfortunately unable to be present for the last tour, and has recieved permission to accompany this group today."

Raven held out the note, and eyed the onlookers with a look that dared anyone to comment.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:25 pm
((OOC: Oh geebus. So sorry, x_X I have a couple of minutes online, am at a friends house. I might have the connection back tomorrow ..and otherwise thursday))

Asryane panted as she rushed down the hallway, pulling Gabby along with her. She had overslept, of course and totally forgotten that today was the day that Gabby would get her egg. An event the young lovebird couldn't miss. Oversleeping exactly at that day, yep that was just her luck.

Gabby, on the contrary to Yane's rushed look, happily bounced after her mommy, a cheerful expression on her face. "I wonder whata eggu is like, I wonder if it's pink." She chanted as she entered the room, smiling widely to everyone who was already there. "Hello~" She greeted with a huge grin, hoping over towards the other kids. "Paxton! And and I saw you at wingers and and--ohh hello mistar!" She blinked a couple of times, looking up at Haruki. "Are you one of the labcoa-techs? For the eggus?"

Yane smiled shyly at Haruki and mumbled a soft apology before she took place in a corner, watching the children with a stiff expression on her face. Crowds weren't her thing, especially not at a day like this, after oversleeping. But Gabby would probably do the talking, a small smile appeared on her face as she glanced at her little daughter--who was still happily babbling away to no one in particular.  

Asryane

Gabriela Juliana
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 11:25 pm
Paxton nodded meekly at Haruki. So the man did recognize them. Paxton's visitation with the man had been kept to a minimum, but there was a reason for that. Even Paxton with his severely handy-capped social skills could understand that Haruki didn't like people, not one bit, so any contact Paxton had had with him was, well, almost non existent. It didn't bother Paxton much though, he was glad enough to keep out of the red-heads way, after all many times Paxton himself didn't feel like talking to others, so he could understand Haru's wishes. Oh, there was also that fact that Haru intimdated Paxton a bit, in fact, Paxton shivered as Haru ended his note about being late.

Another fact why Paxton was all to glad to stay out of his way for the moment. If Haru didn't bother him, well, Paxton wouldn't bother him either. Naito on the other hand...well, Haru was right about Naito she was far to fried to do anything to bug him today. In fact by this time she had disregarded pretty much everything "Hello Haru," she mumbled groggily under her breath before she slumped against a wall, trying to suppress her pounding headache.

At this point in time Paxton took the opportunity to take a look around at his fellow D-corp kids who would be receiving there eggs today. The only other two currently here was the bat he had met in Wingers and...erm, some strange curious looking girl he had never seen before. Scales? Hmmn, some sort of reptile, it was easy to tell that. He would have to ask Ma'.

With caution he tugged at Naito's arm, turning around in time not to see Earako's wave. Naito however caught it as she lowered her shades to tell Paxton off, "Whatcha hollrin' ah me for when, yonder lil' lady wants your attention cowboy?" her voice had suddenly changed from that of drunken stopper to, well, a irritated Texas drawll. Strange if you hadn't lived around Naito all your life, but Paxton had grown used to it. Not one to piss off Ma' right now Paxton begrudgingly forced a smile for Earako and waved back. Oh, but the smile only lasted a short time, before it faded at the two new arrivals...oh, that cheery voice was unmistakable.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:01 am

Fai wasn't particularly pleased with the way the man had looked at her daughter. Haruki, or what ever his name was, seemed to have a real temper. How an earth did he end up working with children ? Opting not to comment, she simply gave Ana a comforting pat on the shoulder.

" Are you excited hun ? "

Anataela flushed a happy pink colour and nodded. She scanned the room, looking for friends, but didn't see anyone she knew. Ah well, new people to meet then ! Grinning from ear to ear, she stayed very quiet, so as not to miss out on anything Haruki said.

Faidrae

HarukiMitsu
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 4:23 pm
Haruki didn't need to look up to know he'd likely insulted the other. It was meant to get the point across. Be quiet. He wasn't here to listen to anyones opinion, he was here to get some lovely facts across, and answer a few questions. Specifically, any that regarded the dragons. It was as simple as that.

Haruki didn't like kids much, they where loud and destructive. Moreso loud, but never quiet enough. Often they were not the best at listening to their elders, and didn't read. Now he could have been wrong, but that was his opinion. If it weren't for the fact Haruki was indeed good at memorizing facts, and recalling them as needed, he'd likely never have fit into a job such as this. But as it was he had ended up here, and now he needed to deal with the masses.

Apparently this newcomer too...

The red head looked up as a woman approached, stating the child's name, and his reason. He would have sent her packing, had she not presented a note with the words. Without a word of reply, he quickly read the thing, finding everything in order. "Alright, thank you. We'll be leaving in a moment." He replied curtly, before noting a last set entering. More...

But it wasn't the fact there where more people that really got to the anti-social man. No it was the sudden and utter noise that cracked whatever peace he'd been keeping. Bouncing happy tones cascading from the young bird's mouth. Oh god... Did he truly have to deal with this one?

...Wait... Now he knew why that bird's name was Gabby. The other lovebird from the list, right. Well that explained a lot.

Resisting the urge to yell at the bird to shut it's mouth, he stepped over giving both a quick glare, and tapping the creature on the head with a book. In a not so soft manner, before doing likewise to the woman. "Next time, be on time." He said, not bothering to answer the girl's question before turning, and beginning to stride toward the eggs.

Time to get this over with.

"Here are the rules, they will be simple. Please remain quiet when I am explaining to anyone about their dragon, I do not like to repeat myself. If I am explaining your dragon, you may ask questions at the end, and I will answer them. You may speak amongst yourself, not yell, speak, if I am not explaining any facts about the dragon." He glanced at Michael. "Save for you, you may remain silent as previously requested."

With that out of the way, he first moved toward a display. One could make out a dark shape wreathed in flames. When the fire flickered away from the surface one might see that it was obsidian in color, with brilliant markings along it that mimiced the wildfire bounding about it.

"Miss Earako, you will be receiving a red dragon, sometimes known as a fire dragon." He gestured toward the egg. "As of current your egg is being kept in open flame, at 140 degrees. Thus, you will not be able to hold it as some children will be given the chance to." He glanced at the young bat to ensure she was paying attention.

"Your egg will hatch into a dragon with scarlet colored scales, and will prefere to stay in more covered areas; Such as caves, or areas underground when it is young. This is a defense against predators, as with the brilliant colors it would be easy to spot." He tapped his arm, looking back at the girl. "Any questions aside from when it will hatch? Or what gender it will be?" For those where two things, that he simply didn't know.

[Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff