Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Seerless

Versatile Sex Symbol

7,450 Points
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 am
ALL THE TIME!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:14 pm
User Image
[ и υ ℓ f ι ]
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Art By: Nulfi
On picture day of last year (sophomore year) I cosplayed as
Haruhi Suzumiya. The camera guy's face was priceless. xDDD
In that same year I was Haruhi for our Otaku club year book
picture and for each and every cultural week we have I dress
up in either Wa-Loli or Qi-Loli for the Asian Day portion. I plan
on a visual-kei/Neo-Gothic Lolita look for a Black/White day
(spirit week) and a raver look for Neon day that follows. I've
worn my Loli outfit around school a few times too. I just hate it
when people confuse me as a maid because it's black, has lace,
and is puff sleeved.

Nulfi

Shymedusa

Interesting Entrepreneur

6,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:10 pm
i was once reading a post where a cosplayer was describing that she spit on and harass just because she cosplay in public. others said that she DESERVE IT i was outrage! if goths can do it why cant i cosplay when i want soceity has favortism and you know what they will just have to get used to cosplay. it a free choice and i should have the right to dress the way i want even if it's cosplay without being harassing !  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:16 pm
@ Nulfi: Omigawd i would SO do that!!! I announced that I was going to cosplay for my next school picture to my parents and they stared at me and said.... "NO." My response, "My picture."

My friends and I cosplay when we go to the theatre... My friend dressed as Alice when we went to see Alice in Wonderland. I didn't have anything to dress up as, so I was just normal... TT TT

I would love to cosplay at school. But again... My dictator parents... TT TT  

Alakana

animeMoon55

6,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:48 pm
i'v never actually cosplayed outside of a convention, but i where my cat ears everywhere! I wear them to school, restaurants, and the park. I also where this little lolita hat to the movie theaters and dinner!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:36 pm
rhi-chan13
@ Nulfi: Omigawd i would SO do that!!! I announced that I was going to cosplay for my next school picture to my parents and they stared at me and said.... "NO." My response, "My picture."

My friends and I cosplay when we go to the theatre... My friend dressed as Alice when we went to see Alice in Wonderland. I didn't have anything to dress up as, so I was just normal... TT TT

I would love to cosplay at school. But again... My dictator parents... TT TT

xDD It's my friends that give me the confidence to do so.
They are just as much otaku as I am.
I sneak my stuff... Then again, High-school is full of weirder people so...
I didn't tell them that I did it. I just got up, got dressed and left for the bus.

Nulfi

hushed-oddity

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:15 pm
I cosplayed as Konata from Lucky Star while shopping one day for funsies. There was a whole group of Asian fan boys just stalking me...and asking to take a picture with me. D:
It was fun but scary at the same time.
Especially when I walked into Hollister...their faces were hilarious! rofl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:45 pm
I cosplayed at the mall in seattle once as kakashi It was awsome although I did get some stares but ohwell I still had fun reguardless of what they thought although my mom was embarrassed by me but I told her she shouldn't care what other people thought...^_^  

Alice Allusion

Ice-Cold Bloodsucker

19,890 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoshi no Miko

Distinct Member

5,150 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:52 pm
I've cosplayed outside of conventions before, I think it can be a lot of fun. Heck, I wear my Edward Elric jacket once in a while, and actually get complimented on it quite a bit. Although a couple of people have asked if I was "Little Red Riding Hood" sweatdrop
Actually tomorrow I get my Sophie Hatter cosplay back from the seamstress, and I am going to wear it to my Toastmasters Meeting. >> << For those who don't know, Toastmasters is a public speaking group.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:31 am
I've gone to the movies and out to dinner in cosplay before, it's fun. Our server said she liked our wigs. XD  

PandaTeddy

Rishiki

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:20 am
Well, I've never really cosplayed out in public but my sister has. She's actually in this guild but I'm not sure if she'll ever get around to posting about it so I will.

On a Saturday, she dressed in her newly finished Dark (DN Angel) cosplay and walked with me down to Wal-mart (a 10-15 minute walk). Even though we don't live on any major streets or passed many, a lot of people did stare at her. One as they passed actually stuck their head out of the window and continued to stare at her as he drove pass. Another gave her a thumbs up.

Then, during my spring break, she cosplayed as Dark again so we could go get some pictures of her. A guy actually came up to her to say that he wasn't man enough, like my sister, to wear what she was (wings and purple hair). It was funny because most thought she was a guy.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:45 pm
Only time I ever really cosplayed outside of a convention is when I went to the Naruto and Bleach movie premieres. All I can say is that people were pleasantly surprised to see me 4laugh !  

Nirati

IRL Gekko

8,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Glacirus

5,500 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:52 pm
Unless what I'm cosplaying or Anime/Manga/Japan is involved somehow I won't cosplay. I creep enough people out on the public transportation on those days...don't want to scare people too much on a daily basis.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:40 pm
Funny/Sad/Scary story.

One of my friends came over to help me finish my Uniform China (Hetlia) cosplay. Well i had most of it done and decided to try it fully on. Not to toot my own horn or anything but my cosplay looked freaken sweet. I decided to show my mom because she was the only one in the house. So my friend followed me down to the kitchen where my mom was and i showed off the costume to her. Her reponce: "You look like a Nazi with a basket on your back." I nearly died from that comment. i still can't get over it.  

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Xxlost_in_midnightxX

Anxious Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:54 pm
I've randomly cosplayed in the middle of school for no reason at all XD I even wear my suzumiya headband on a regular basis. And one time I just walked around town with a tail 4laugh lol it was fun
my ultimate dream is to get a bunch of friends (or strangers. it's all the same to me) and go to a mall or something dressed as naruto characters mrgreen  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff