Welcome to Gaia! ::

Roleplaying Gems [A Literate Roleplaying Community]

Back to Guilds

We provide a roleplaying environment suitable for learning, teaching, mentoring, and benefiting from that experience. 

Tags: roleplaying, gems, literate, roleplay, fantasy 

Reply The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]
Meteor Showers Bring Strange Powers. O/A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 104 105 106 107 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:22 pm
Annie nodded, "I can drive. Lead the way sir." Upon reaching the garage, Annie calmly strapped herself into the car and started the engine. She drove as if one in their driving tests through the garage, signaling at every turn and going the speed limit.

Yet, once she reached the rode, her foot pushed harder on the accelerator and she was quickly passing cars, while she was using her blinkers and following most traffic laws, her speed was something different entirely, she was going at least thirty miles over the speed limit and weaving through traffic with a determined look on her face. It would only take a minute or two to reach Trinity's house.

"Sorry about my driving," Annie said her eyes focused on the road, "The more stressed I am the faster I tend to go... it is a bad habit of mine."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:53 pm
Teshou's eyes do not leave the road. Rather until Annie spoke he had his hands wrapped in a manner than Annie may have only seen in movies or television. He was muttering something in Japanese before he replies in English, "Concern for your friend is valid and justified. However, we are no good to her if we die on the road. Please be careful."  

Rikki Tikki Travi

The Dashing Gentleman

Eloquent Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:05 pm
At the noise, Rod cocked his head, eyes wild and aggressive, suddenly holding his hands to his head a moment..
But only a moment, his hands slowly falling to his sides, a mutilated and shark-like grin falling on the steel demon's lips. Rod would sling his clawed gnarl of a hand out, snatching Gidget's wrist, pulling her up with a quick snap of his scaly arms..
---
Lev and Blitz on the other hand only gave mild, if not amused glances toward each other. It seems that they were beyond such petty things, such as hyper-sonic noise and all that frivolous banter. Lev gave a lazy glance to his side, yawning as he looked to Trinity, smiling and patting her head. "Tell your friend to calm down, or my good buddy Rod will make her."  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:28 pm
Annie swore as she turned down Trinity's road seeing the chaos Leviathan and his friends were causing. Slamming on the breaks the car lurched to a stop. In seconds she put the car in park, took the keys out of the engine and was jumping out of the car, just in time to catch Leviathan's words after his yawn 'Tell your friend to calm down, or my good buddy Rod will make her.'

"Mr. Cortez!" Annie shouted running to the scene. She narrowed her brown eyes as she ran to Gidget and grabbed her by the wrist. "Is picking on little girls your new hobby now? I thought you were too busy killing stray meta-humans to worry about your 'student' and who she may or may not associate with."

Annie was ready for Leviathan's attack this time. Already around her she was gathering the water from the air, the ground, and the pipes nearby... it would take only a second before acid could be spraying in any direction around her.

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Dashing Gentleman

Eloquent Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:58 pm
Leviathan only gave a lazy eye, looking at this old foe, so simple and weak to the power that he was now, the crackle of crimson electricity, like the rivers of blood he planned to let flow upon this world, erupting around him, his hair whipping around like wild fire. The mere force of his aura would be enough to make this woman take a couple steps back, the gravity of his power terrifying. "I thought ya we're a smart one. Seems I'm awful wrong. Way ta come alone dimwit."
Then Lev, in all his red glory, wafted his hand, as if wiping a mere fly from his vision. "Blitz, deal with this...Pest."
Blitz would slam his hands together, an earthquake tearing around Annie, the ground rupturing and falling about, pillars slamming up and around the street. Heavy debris would begin slinging about..
Annie would find herself trapped in this boulder prison, the only way out a small crevice of light from above..
It would then begin to cave in, slowly but surely, Leviathan's laugh echoing around the thick structure as it began to tumble inward.
---
Leviathan yawned, the crackle of energy bringing a thick grin to his face. "Come Rod, Blitz. I tire of these mortals charades.."
With that, Lev grabbed Trinity by the hand, lacing his fingers in her own, and began down the street with his trio, not caring who saw them.
At this point, an army wouldn't be able to stop him and his diabolical duo.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:11 pm
((Just edited my post basically removed the escape))

The sudden blast of sound coming from the car really affected her ears. She covered them tightly which caused it to at least be muffled. As Lev pats her hair she looks up to him and was able to hear enough to know what his instructions were. Then he saw his attention directed else where. She turned her direction over to Annie, who she couldn't make out all that she was saying... a battle will occur in the middle of her neighborhood and from what she saw she didn't want it to happen here. Trinity wasn't sure who was worse, the girl that had the will to turn water into acid including inside people and the environment around them or the guy who has a couple of thugs, yet he still has enough charm with him to keep her sticking around.

Trinity knew she felt a bit uncomfortable with Lev and his friends, she didn't really fancy the way they were treating Gidget. But she needed to learn and figure out how did this guy become so different, and more powerful as it seemed than he was yesterday? Also what does he want her for? Odds are it would be something bad and if she could warn the others.

There was a sense of uncertainty in her aura there was also another sense that she knew what she was doing. She looks to her mom and she needed to send her somewhere safe, alas the house may not be a good option because of the battle that is about to commence. She concentrated, her mom sank into her shadow.

Her mom called out "Help! I'm sinking!" it didn't completely occur to her that it was Trinity doing this. Whether anyone else other than Trinity, could hear her over the loud radio Mrs. Smith was protecting her ears from was a different question.

Once Trinity knew she has her she pulls her in completely and sends her to the dark corner of a girls bathroom in the hospital. This would usually be the place where Trinity and her family would go to see the doctor and this is also be the same place where Tansy and Ako are. Mrs. Smith recognized where she was as soon as she left the bathroom, "Trinity sent me here... that must be it... to protect me." uncertain of what to do next she heads to the waiting room and waits for Trinity.

Hopefully, she'll be safe there...  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:27 pm
She took a deep breath, if she hadn't encountered such an overwhelming aura earlier in the lab, she would have been reduced to tears, if not passed out. She was able to sense auras, but she was also extremely sensitive to them as well. She bit her lip as he spoke, Leviathan Cortez had found far greater power than one could ever think about. She gripped Gidget's wrist tighter, her eyes wide with a mix of terror, loathing, and disgust. She was thankful though for Trinity sending her mother somewhere Annie assumed to be safe.

Meanwhile, tears were forming in Annie's eyes as she maintained her concentration, something that probably saved her life along with the Gidget's as she formed a thick barrier of acid around herself just in time to protect herself from the worst of the debris, leaving mostly sludge to fall onto her instead of her getting crushed by Blitz's power. Yet, it took another excruciating ten seconds at least to dissolve a hole in the prison, which she pulled Gidget out of with her.

"Mr. Soichi," Annie called out, "You take care of Gidget! And do everything in your power to keep Gidge from getting involved!" She took a deep breath and ran after the trio and Trinity.

"You're right, Mr. Cortez!" Annie called to him. "I'm not smart! I can ace Calculus with some work, and skip grades, and am an amazing artist... but I'm hardheaded and stubborn and brash! I may be a pest but even the smallest pest can undermine a foundation. I know about what you are doing to meta-humans! I've seen the bodies! Is that your plan for Trinity Smith?" As she stopped in front of the three she created a thin acidic barrier between her and the trio, it looked like a small waterfall between her and the three. It wouldn't be enough to protect her properly, especially considering she could already feel herself taking slightly deeper breaths than normal.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:53 pm
Trinity finally got used to the sound considering Lev kinda forced to take her hand off of one of her ears. She hears Annie mention meta-humans and their bodies her eyes widened and glowed and look up to him. Her expression was asking, 'is this true? Are you planning to do the same to me?' she looks to Annie with more confidence now, she really wasn't sure if she wants to go with him. The lightning that was coursing all over him kept her from using her shadow to escape, it simply wasn't dark enough to use.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Rikki Tikki Travi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:32 pm
Gidget rubs her wrists and stands. The shrieking from the radio ceases as Teshoumaru places a hand on her shoulder and steps into her shadow. "I'm sorry, but you can't help as you are now." He whispers into her ear.

The next thing she knows she is pushed down into her own shadow and ends up in an ally just outside of the college campus. She looks behind her to see that he had thrown her out of a shadow being created by a large dumpster.

Gidget curses under her breath and taps the hell out of her watch. It would take some time for the armor to reroute and find her, but they needed help. And by God she was going to give them help.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teshoumaru sighs and looks over at Trinity with a warm smile. He smile fades quickly though when the three cranked up meta-humans decide that they can just walk away. With little effort he leaps over them and stands before them on the path they were walking.

He lines himself up with them and brushes aside some stray hair that had blocked his pointed ears. He hopes Trinity can see this, and that maybe this will lead to some trust. He doesn't know how well he can teach her, but he isn't about to allow her to fall into the hands of these fiends.

Teshoumaru's irises change from brown to gold, and his shadow seems to dance underneath him. It ebbs and flows like a tide, wanting to be released. Calmly, he states, "If you feel that you have the upper hand gentleman, I regret to inform you that is a foolish notion. What you possess is not true power, and it will abandon you."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:45 am
Her previous thought was put on pause as she saw this asian in front of them. Her eyes widen as she saw his ears were like hers. Then she realized the radio stopped making noise. She removes her other hand from her ear revealing it was as pointy as his. She saw his shadow moving. Then wondered if he would be willing to teach her. Yet she still felt that Lev could keep her from falling with his coursing lightning. She felt more unsafe with Lev and tries to let go of his hand.  

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:53 pm
Annie narrowed her eyes at Trinity, noticing the girl's discomfort immediately. She had such a unsure aura about her, it was shifting, just like the shadows. Annie doubted Leviathan would let his catch go, even if Trinity wanted to leave. Quietly Annie spoke, directing her words towards Teshoumaru, "Even if what he possesses is not true power that will abandon him, Mr. Cortez does have the upper hand at the moment. He is the more powerful."

Raising her gaze to Leviathan she met his eyes straight on, "I may not be 'smart' but I'm not stupid, Mr. Cortez. I know you are powerful, and there is no reason to try intimidation with us. Like I said I'm a sensor, even without your egotistical displays of your abilities I can sense your strength- and your personality and even your emotions to some degree. Let's talk this over calmly and responsibly. What can I do to ensure that you let Trinity Smith go her own way and in peace? A trade? Blackmail? Something else?"

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:26 am
The doctor frowned and rubbed his temples. "Fine, But only this once. The last thing I need is another patient." He grabbed the chart off the end on the bed and looked to the angel before him. "How are you feeling?"

"Like hell, how do you think I feel?" Tansy shot back at him.

The doctor nodded as he scanned over the chart. "Well, I can give you another dose of the pain killers and that should help ease you. Anything else?"

"Well, I'd kind of like to leave actually..."

"I'm sorry Miss, but we can't do that. You're highly unstable right now and the last thing we need to for you is to be out o the streets when you have another... episode."

"And what does that mean?" Her eyes narrowed somewhat.

"We're not sure what it means... You're body responds to our tests the way.... normal people's do.... And by any medical terms... you're well... dead."

"Well, thanks for telling me something I already knew." Tansy rolled her eyes. "I kind of figured that one out when I woke up inside my own coffin." She laughed softly as she looked to Ako.

"Well... I'd like to run some-"

"No." Tansy's testing smile melted into a face of complete seriousness. "You can't do anything to my body without my permission, and I won't let you touch me. Only God knows what you've already done to me while I was out cold, and if you have, remember that He is always watching."

The doctor swallowed the lump in his throat as he eyes darted to Ako. "While that may be true, I'm simply doing my job Ma'am." He paused when his pager beeped. He looked down to it and frowned. "I'm sorry, we'll have to hold this conversation later..." He hung the chart back up on the bed and quickly left the room.

"Well, that went badly."  

JewJewBeans

PixelMuse

5,500 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:10 pm
Mrs. Smith was in the waiting room looking worried as she looked to her cell phone hoping it would ring any moment. "Please ring" she whispered to it over and over. Images of that man's face plagued her mind. His hideous visage, the crackling power that flows all over his body and his grin. Why on Earth did Trinity meet him in the first place?. Her eyes were welling up as her mind started to picture the every possible terrible thing they could do to her and her screaming. She grabs a tissue and sobs a bit.

A nurse comes by and tries to comfort her. "There there miss I'm sure the doctors are doing everything they can to help." Mrs. Smith took a deep breath to calm herself. The nurse brings her a small cup of water " Here drink this " Mrs. Smith put her phone on her lap and and took the cup and and took a sip and with that the nurse left and went to her other duties.

She looks into the water. She knew she couldn't go back, her daughter was in danger and there was nothing she could do about it. She wipes her eyes and took another small sip. Mrs. Smith felt so helpless she wasn't sure who to call, the answers used to be obvious. But now who can she call? Who would be able to go up against those creatures, the vile meta-humans? The SWAT team? Then again who would belive her cries, her worries, any second her daughter could die as long as she is with him. She looks at the phone and in her mind she continues to beg the phone to ring.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trinity kept listening, kept looking for anything that could get her out of this mess. She looks toward Annie and she suggested more peaceful options. Trinity wished she didn't have to rely on the others so much. Yet was this girl's side better than Lev's? At this rate she wanted to run from both she wished she never found other meta-humans and wished she wasn't one. Alas she knew that thinking like this would get her no where. She just doesn't like being the one that needed to be rescued.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:56 pm
Leviathan felt a slight tug at his hand, Trinity trying to pull away.
Lev gave a lazy eye, letting her hand go, a wave of his finger, "Now why are ya actin' up? This lady here your friend as well?" Lev held a hand over his eyes, as if the sun were glaring his vision, a thick smile on his lips.
Leviathan then looked up at this pleading woman, his voice brushing over hers, dust in his path. "What do you want with Trinity Smith? Why do you wish to hold her hostage under your watch?" Lev stepped imposingly forward, a raise in his white eyebrow. "What blackmail? What sense of level do you gander you have here?" Leviathan chuckled now, holding two hands forward, teetering one then the other, as if weighing the options.
"Rod?"
The silver hued man cracked his massive knuckles, uttering a coarse, rusty caw. "I don't think it matters.." Rod did what must have at one point looked like a human grin, eye's now as gray as his sterling flesh.
"I think negotiation is a fine idea." Blitz spoke out finally, his tall presence looming behind Lev and Rod, his bulky arms crossed. Lev gave a sharp glance toward Blitz, "Why's that there boy?" Lev stepped up to Blitz, his voice completely frank.
This wasn't a rhetorical question.
---
This break in rank was interrupted however, a man speaking stupidly and quite defiantly outward from near Annie.
---
Lev looked up almost instantly, any chance of communication now kapoot.
Lev gave a glance to the outspoken man, a glare that meant only one thing.
"Is that so?" Leviathan strode directly up to the man, poking him in the chest. "So your a big feller ain't cha?" Lev laughed, a dark grin crossing his lips..
Then his smile dropped, replaced with a stony, black gaze, one that had seen murder's and shrugged, caring not for simple life, caring, in fact, for nothing.
"Have you ever begged for your life?" Lev asked, lacing his fingers together, pointing at this nameless fool. "Because I don't need no lightning to make a boy break." Lev gave a nod, "Best watch your slippery mouth." Lev then stepped back towards Rod and Blitz. Rod eyed Leviathan, giving a raised eyebrow. Lev shook his head.
No. Or at least, not yet.
Leviathan Cortez turned around, looking at all that was to his front, taking in the view. He stared off into the horizon, ignoring everything for a moment, taking a second to realize what a beautiful day it was becoming. "Nice day out.."
Lev absentmindedly stared around, picking at a dandelion. Holding it up, Lev smiled. "No one needs to die today. Join my cause and you'll all live." Lev put the flower in his mouth, chewing it up, swallowing. "What do you say? Limitless power... No God, only you." Lev pointed at Annie, a dashing smirk running the length of his strained face. Then a glance towards the man, "Well, not you. Your going to die, just not yet.." Lev stepped back into the shadows of his companions, crossing his arms in wait of their responses.

The Dashing Gentleman

Eloquent Lunatic

6,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
The Desert of Forgotten Roleplays [Inactive roleplays]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 104 105 106 107 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games