Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here
{ HADES KITCHEN ROUND 1 } RESULTS PAGE 12 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Grifferie rolled 2 10-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-20)

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:23 pm
He was slicing away, practiced, in the zone, you might say. If there was a zone for slicing onions Chase certainly felt like he was there.

He could also feel someone watching him. It certainly wasn't the veggies.... Oh. A judge. Chase straighted himself up just a little, which was hard seeing as he had to bend over to do the slicing. He really wanted to make a good impression. He was great at slicing veggies, ok. Look, his bowl was basically full--

Quote:
3) Judge Hyde grabs a bowl full of sliced veggies and disposes of them. He stares at you with what might be smugness as you have to recut a whole bowl full of onions. (Just RP it, no need to reroll!)

Chase stared, for a moment. "So. Do I need to... redo those?" The look on the judges face seemed to say yes. Another heavy, slow sigh. "Fine." He took the empty and went to get more onions.

"A waste of food, really," he said, to no one in particular as he started the whole process over again. "A waste of food and of time. Even if it doesn't take me very long." His claws were quick. It really didn't take him long to find the zone again. Make sure it's toothless, skin it, slice it, put the slices in a bowl. Step after step, onion after onion. Claws working their way through onion flesh without a single pause.

At least until someone talked to him again.

Quote:
6) Judge Gorgon Ramsay puts a hand on your shoulder. "Stop." He looks angry. "You. Take off your apron."

"But..." Chase's face was the most classic 'Deer in the headlights' there might ever have been. He stared at the judge, then looked to the onion in his hand...then the bowl he'd just been working on refilling. He'd lost count of how many veggies he'd sliced. All that work.

He couldn't argue. That wouldn't do any good. The judges were ruthless and he'd clearly messed up. A slow sigh, and he moved to do as ordered.

Quote:

About ten seconds later, as you're taking off your apron, he finally concludes with a "And bring it over to winners table as you are moving on to round two." You no longer have to chop onions and can continue forward!

Chase froze. "What?" He stared at the judge. "Really?" A grin grew on his face, sharp teeth showing in delight. "Why, thank you. I knew I was good at this. Thank you, thank you!" Chase was beaming with pride as he purposefully strode away from his station. "Thank you!"

He totally deserved this. He was good at this. Validation felt...amazing. Judge Hyde had clearly been testing his skills further, giving him a proper challenge. And Judge Ramsay had acknowledged it.

"This is easy."

OOC

STEP 1: [ STEP 4 ]: CUTTING forever
CONTESTANT NAME: Chase
MINUTES LEFT: 32/60

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 32

ramenli rolled 3 20-sided dice: 9, 9, 8 Total: 26 (3-60)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:26 pm
The time kept ticking away as he spoke to the camera, but Soren knew how to be short and to the point, and when to just ignore the interviewer and keep going. Time had passed, but he still plenty of time when the camera finally moved away from him so he could finish the actual task. Which was slicing 100 of these. Thankfully his skills with a knife were fairly decent, and he got to work in blissful silence.

OOC

STEP 1: [ STEP 3 ]: CUTTING IT CLOSE
CONTESTANT NAME: Soren
MINUTES LEFT: 31/60

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

ramenli rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 1 Total: 8 (2-20)

ramenli

Alarming Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:24 pm
Soren was working in an easy rhythm, the knife in his hand slicing through the onions easily enough when someone came back around to disturb him.

Quote:
7) Judge Hyde leans next to you. "What do you think of the contestant next to you?" He opens his notepad to take notes. (The contestant next to your character is the person that posts ABOVE you. They will be considered iicly "next to you". Don't be too alarmed if you get different people next to you, the tables tend to shift sometimes!)

Honestly Soren hadn't been paying attention to the others. He glanced up in time to see the colt take off his apron and walk away, and he there was a stab of something very much like jealousy than ran through him. "Guess he made it," Soren commented with a shrug, continuing to let his knife fly.

It wasn't exactly a normal parring knife. No, what he had was a beast of a kitchen knife, but it was the closest to his khopesh without actually summoning the weapon, and therefore the one that he worked best with.

Quote:
1) Judge Hyde looks over your shoulder. "Hmm," he says, "Hmmm... so people do do things that way." He says nothing more and continues walking on.

It seemed as if the judge was obsessed with him, and really, Soren was used to that. Yeah, he did do it this way. And it worked. Great slices and fast enough that he was actually slightly startled at how smoothly this round had gone. He finished the last one and threw the pieces into a bowl, allowing a bit of a smile to tug at his mouth.

OOC

STEP 1: 4 - Judge Prompts
CONTESTANT NAME: Soren
MINUTES LEFT: 31/60

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 31

Zyphiris rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 am
Ivar was still rather unsettled by the judge's comments in the previous round. It was... strangely accurate ... and unnerving, the way Dr. Hyde came across.

He was still in the competition. Why was he still in the competition? he wondered, as they were ushered blindfolded into the next room. How much commitment to this competition had he gotten himself into.

Ivar kept wondering, as he watched, disturbed and impressed at chef Ramsay's knife prowess.

Do I have to? But already, he was moving towards the truck alongside the rest of the contestants. It was very hard to ignore the cameras.

A hundred screeching tearjerkers were scooped up and hauled onto the cart, the dark elf careful to wear gloves while dealing with the pesky veggies. These were always a nuisance to deal with, even while cooking at home. The overall nonchalance throughout the entire declawing process, however, was one that resulted from experience.

Terrible experience.

OOC

STEP 1: 1
CONTESTANT NAME: Ivar
MINUTES LEFT: 51/60

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 3, 1 Total: 12 (3-30)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:34 am
No amount of side-eyeing could prevent what was inevitable, and soon the camera crew were onto his station and in his face.

What kind of expression am I supposed to make? he panicked as he stared stiffly into the camera.

Quote:
Why did you try out for Hades Kitchen?

The production director was looking at him expectantly, hoping to get an inspirational answer as to why a citizen with a somewhat established career was in the competition.

Ivar liked his job. Even more so than cooking.

"I - wanted to share my love for fine cuisine."

He wasn't normally this terrible at persuasion.

The director gave him a dull stare, scribbling something down on his clipboard before moving on the the next question.

Quote:
What do you think about the other contestants here?

"Well." He didn't know any of them personally. "I don't know any of them personally, seeing as how I am not a student here..."

He paused to deal with his mixed emotions on saying that last line.

"I think they all have a unique style of doing things, and I look forward to a good competition."

A bland statement that would probably be thrown out during the editing process. He knew he wasn't going to get the editing team's favour by now, and as such, elimination was nigh.

Quote:
If you had your own cookbook what would you base it off after?

The director was almost bored and pleading at this point.

"I'd...like to focus on dishes with uniquely sourced ingredients. To make the typical dish a bit more interesting and blur the line between home cooking and fine dining."

The cameras were already being wheeled off to the next contestant beside him.

OOC

STEP 1: 2
MINUTES LEFT: 51/60

Zyphiris rolled 3 20-sided dice: 20, 15, 16 Total: 51 (3-60)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:35 am
Ivar was masking his wishy-washyness about the entire competition with meticulous knife skills. Almost too meticulous, making each slice of the tearjerker as thin and possible. It was a timed challenge, he knew about that.

Still, he had somehow managed to finish slicing all the onions just in time, and the end result was a rather teary man in his late-twenties, looking very emotional having completed the challenge with much hardship.

Really, it was his mistake for slicing the tearjerkers so finely that they were getting to his eyes despite his eye wear.

OOC

STEP 1: 3
MINUTES LEFT: 0/60 - on the dot

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Zyphiris rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 1 Total: 11 (2-20)

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:38 am
All this time, the only passing comment made by the judges was one where Judge Hyde looked over his shoulder and went

"Hmm," he says, "Hmmm... so people do do things that way." saying nothing more and continues walking on.

He supposed that meant what he was doing wasn't particularly wrong, nor was it spectacular, which by all means was fine by him. It was just a challenge of slicing up tearjerkers anyway...

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 0

OOC

STEP 1: 4
MINUTES LEFT: 0/60

Lucyal rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:24 am
Hel went into this first round feeling pretty darn smug. Granted, she was always smug to begin with, but she was extra smug now. Even seeing that Sabine was in didn't dampen the smugness. No, it only added gasoline to the fire that was Hel's already awful competitive streak.

Time to light this candle.

The reaper rolled up her sleeves again and got down to it, taking her cart and driving it with reckless abandon (taking a corner on two wheels) as she man handled all the tear jerkers into it. She returned to her station and grabbed an arm full of them and dumped them into the counter, keeping her head tilted up. She dodged a few jumpers here and there, only to reclaim them and declaw them viciously. It took her less than ten minutes, and she was pretty pleased with herself. Even more smug.

OOC

STEP 1: DECLAWING AND DEFANGING YOUR ONION
CONTESTANT NAME: Hel
MINUTES LEFT: 51 / 60

Lucyal
Crew

Lucyal rolled 3 10-sided dice: 4, 3, 7 Total: 14 (3-30)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:27 am
When the camera was first swung her way and she was interrupted, the reaper looked incredibly annoyed, and shot the camera and interviewer a nasty look before she realized what it was exactly. While she didn't like being interrupted with her tunnel vision, she supposed she could, out of the kindness of her heart, grace them with her presence for a few minutes. Only a few.

She reminded herself, sternly, to say nothing about marriage. He'd probably be watching. Also his ESPN.

Quote:
4) Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize and what would you do with the money?

"Jack ya! I do envision myself winning! No one can cook better than me! I am the master!" She flipped her butcher knife around before she caught it by the handle again, giving a thoughtful and audible hum to the second part of the question. "Save it! I have a cottage to take care! Money is no object when you can steal--raid---acquire, acquire more of it!"

Quote:
3) What do you think about the other contestants here?

Hel laughed. "Oh, they are alright, I suppose!" She glanced around for a moment, her chest puffing out. "I commend everyone trying...even the level of skill does not even come close to matching my own!" She then narrowed her eyes and her knuckles turned white as she gripped the handle of her knife. "But if there is a red headed vampire here with a big mouth, then the competency of this competition dropped ten fold!"

Quote:
7) What do you think about chefs Gorgon Ramsay and chef Dr. Hyde?

At the last question Hel's narrowed look relaxed as she dead panned at the camera in the utmost serious tone. "Gorgon Ramsay needs to get laid. It would help with that spatula stuck up his a**." She then had to scowl briefly as Hyde was brought up. "He is not a chef! He is a chemical terror and a waste of FEAR! Now get this camera out of my face, I am busy!" She reached out and put her hand on the lens to push it away before she got back to business.

OOC

STEP 2: THE INTERVIEW
MINUTES LEFT: 51 / 60

Lucyal rolled 3 20-sided dice: 8, 2, 20 Total: 30 (3-60)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:32 am
Oh Jeepers, that was dumb! Hel hissed under her breath as she realized how much time that stupid interview took up. She then ducked her head and got busy chopping up the tear jerkers.

OOC

STEP 3: CUTTING IT CLOSE
MINUTES LEFT: 21 / 60

Lucyal
Crew

Lucyal rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 1 Total: 6 (2-20)

Lucyal
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:34 am
Oh okay, the time she had lost to that interview was nothing. She had this. The grin came back to Hel's face as she reached the end of her fine chopping and she resumed the smug air about her. Right up until Hyde came along anyways. "Hey--!"

Quote:
5) Judge Hyde stirs your bowl of chopped tearjerkers and pulls out a stray eyeball, throwing it away. "So," he begins, "how do you feel about your chances of winning?"

Well...he did pull out an eye ball, so before she cursed him, she should hold her tongue for that. He was...helping her? Hrm. Something fishy here. "Uh...did you not see my interview?" She asked in a duh tone. "My chances are pretty Jackin' AWESOME!"

Quote:
1) Judge Hyde looks over your shoulder. "Hmm," he says, "Hmmm... so people do do things that way." He says nothing more and continues walking on.

She then had to scowl up at him as he looked over her shoulder, and she reached up to make shooing motions at him. "Oi! What does that mean?" She made more shooing motions. "Go away!"

Then he did, and after shooting him one more look, and she surveyed her work station with a sense of pride.

OOC

STEP 4: JUDGE PROMPTS
MINUTES LEFT: 21 / 60

OOC

MY FINAL SCORE FOR THIS ROUND IS 21

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:18 am
Ruth raised her hands in front of her, as if surrendering to the ghoul she'd bumped into, her mouth open in a silent scream. When it became clear that the dormouse wasn't going to lunge at her with a knife or a wok or some other kitchen implement, the blonde reaper let out a soundless sigh of relief.

"Oh hey! Aren't you the ghoul who bid on me at the auction?"

Ruth wanted to say she didn't know because she had bid on a lot of students during the auction. (Of course she lost all them but she wasn't really gunning on winning them at the time.) Well, no, she didn't want to say it but that was the idea she wanted to convey. Except that would be a lie because she did remember the dormouse, and Blondie wouldn't approve of it especially since a camera crew was present. So instead, she gave a small embarrassed smile and a nod, gesturing to the dormouse, following it up with a bit of swaying and shuffling, and finishing it all by drawing a smile and a question mark in the air.

Rikku Takanashi
If the description confused you or Camilla, Ruth says: Mission accomplished

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PrinceFigment rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:23 am
The serpent was a little surprised he'd made it through, what with the judges' comments and all. They didn't seem all that thrilled with his food, but at least he had another chance!

Being blindfolded wasn't exactly something he'd been expecting, but whatever. That's just the sort of stuff they'd pull on shows like this. Made for a good show, or somethin'. When the blindfold was removed, he grinned. Workin' on all these squirmy things wasn't nothin'. There were more vicious things than that in the water.

Aron grabbed the first of the beasties by the tentacles, shoving it onto his table and going back for more. The writhed and wriggled across the table, but once he was settled, he grabbed each by their little wiggle-vines and slammed them back down hard enough to daze the tearjerkers.

A few attempted to bite him, snapping as he grabbed for the tendrils. Those that tried were met with a hissing growl and a face full of slime. He wasn't going for taste with this one, after all. And the skin would keep the mucus from mussing up the insides, anyway.

With a pile of slightly groggy veggies, he went to work ripping off the flakey skin and chopping the tentacles away.

OOC

STEP 1: 1
CONTESTANT NAME: Aron
MINUTES LEFT: 57/60

PrinceFigment rolled 3 10-sided dice: 9, 4, 4 Total: 17 (3-30)
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:43 am
The serpent kept busy, going along in his set routine of smacking, skinning, and de-tentacle-ing the vicious little veggies. He barely noticed the camera pointed at him until the host cleared his throat.

With a light snort, he set his knife aside, wiping his hands on the edge of his shirt. He'd been making good time with his dish and didn't want to bother with the questioning. It was all part of the competition, though, so he had to deal with it.

"If you could say one thing in front of live national TV what would you say?" As he finished speaking, he shoved the mic into the boil's face. The suddenness of the little metal speaker-thing in his space earned a low growl from the serpent. This was not how he'd intended to spend his time on this show.

"Ain't got nothin' ta say. All this blabbin'sa waste'a time." He crossed his arms firmly over his chest, hoping that was the end of the questioning. With all this talking, he was losing time on his cooking.

Taking that as his answer, the mic was removed, momentarily. The host grinned and proceeded, with what Aron thought was far more excitement than he should have, "Do you envision yourself winning the grand prize" The host almost bounced as he spoke, "and what would you do with the money?"

The mic was shoved in his face again, even closer this time. "Yeah, 'm gonna win this. Not offendin' anyone, but ya surface monsters ain't got what it takes. Things're too easy for ya up here." He rolled his eyes slightly at the second half of the question. "Ain't worried 'bout the money. Jus' lettin' people know I'm th' best there is."

Taking a moment to quirk a brow at the camera, pausing for dramatic effect or something, the host went on, "Have you ever sliced a veggies tearjerker before? What is the secret?"

"Nah. Don't do much with the critters up here, but it ain't too hard. We got feistier minis down deep. Jus' gotta show 'em ya ain't gonna let 'em run wild. Get 'em finished 'fore they can do any damage."

Questions finished, the host rushed off to the next contestant. Good. He could get back to his work.

OOC

STEP 2: The Interview
MINUTES LEFT: 57/60

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PrinceFigment rolled 3 20-sided dice: 10, 4, 18 Total: 32 (3-60)

PrinceFigment

Intellectual Lantern

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:39 am
Glancing at the clock, he grabbed up his knife and got back to work. All of that needless babbling didn't cut into his time too much. He still had plenty of time to finish working on his slicing.

Finishing off with the last couple of tentacled beasties, he started chopping, tossing the teeth off to the side as he worked. No time for cleaning up or anything, he just had to get them finished. Keeping the tip of the blade to the table, he worked quickly, pushing the veggies through the quick-chopping knife. The serpent ignored the screaming tearjerkers, he continued to grab and work. He was confident he'd finish with plenty of time.

OOC

STEP 3: Cutting It Close
MINUTES LEFT: 25/60

{ Archived } ----------------------- Old Retired threads Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items