Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Events } ---------------------- The New Year's Ball
[ A Holiday Wish ] The New Year's Eve Ball (main room) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:20 pm
Otto flinched, looking over at Becca, his mother, Cody, his Dad, and Lex, his uncle. Once again, his family always tried to stop him from getting close to girls. Did they truly hate him that much? Were they that intent on insuring he remain pure of body?

Lucky for himself, he never mentioned he'd already had a little adventure or two without their knowing. Surely he'd be grounded for eternity if they knew.

"But Mom, I..." He didn't want to babysit his stupid father and uncle. They'd ruin his chance! He grew red, embarrassed, a blush that reached his ears. He cast a glance to Peyton as well, who was dancing with someone too. Why did she get to dance? Why couldn't he have some fun? His heart pounded, feeling trapped within his chest.
They simply cared too much. That was all. He should be happy they cared.

He instead focused on Maebe as she curled around him, her mouth right beside his ear. So she did mean dancing. That made things a lot less complicated. No guilt over making his loved ones angry.

However, she sure knew how to make him go red, yet again. "Ah.. dancing is fine." He uttered shakily. "I don't much feel like making two women angry with me."

Kyrieko
uncle

Oniongrump
dad

Nyxtsuki Moon
mom

Nio Love
guuurl

Beejoux
cousin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:30 pm
Well, Peyton would be dancing if Marcus hadn't retracted his offer in favor of reading some fan written dribble. Again she stared up at him, quite unsure if she'd heard him correctly, then delicate features shut down into something cold and altogether dangerous. "Sure," she offered icily, letting her hand fall back to her side as she turned smile on him that should have killed at twenty paces. A rain check. He wanted a rain check. As if.

Turning abruptly, the petite Sun folded her arms and stalked away from Marcus, heels making angry little clacks against the hard flooring. Periodically she tossed a frigid glance towards Maebe and Otto, mindful of where her friend's hands were resting. She didn't trust Maebe, never had, never would. It should have made friendship impossible. It didn't.

Where the ******** was Alistaire?

nio love

bittiface

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Molten Tigrex

Shameless Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:32 pm
"NEVADAAAAAA!"

Something small and glittery and colorful all but crashed into Nevada to hug her, followed by several feet of braided hair.

"Isn't this exciting?" Pandora squealed in both Nevada and Solomon's ears simultaneously, on account of having managed to wedge herself between the two of them.

nyxtsuki moon

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:39 pm
"Don't worry Son, Cody and Lex would never do anything to embarrass you....."

Becca's face was very serious but the tone was very very very sarcastic and dry. She looked expectantly at Otto.

Kyrieko
Okay

Oniongrump
Embarrass

Bittiface
Hi u cutie son

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:56 pm
When Maebe moved back, her expression transformed. Where once there was a warm, sultry invitation, now there was an ice cold hardness in her eyes. Her smile thinned, and turned cordial. "I get it. Momma's boy. Whatever. Your loss, anyway. It's not like I was really interested. God, this party sucks."

She stayed in his arms, dancing despite the distractions and the people nearby who were trying to ruin this for Otto - when in truth, he was doing just fine ruining things for himself. Maebe was back to being bored, barely hanging off his arms.

Until.

"Say." She twisted her lips, and turned back to him. "Got any dish on your cousin? Me and her, we're so close, but I bet there's a few things that only you would know." The warmth returned, but this time for all the wrong reasons. "I'd love to get to know her better."

Bittiface
Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:06 pm
"Yes. yes they would." Otto fought back to his mother, frowning deeply. His dad and uncle would try with all their might to embarrass him. They didn't even need to try. They were naturally good at it.

Maebe's reaction to his rejection made his heart flicker, turning a frustrated gaze to the girl. She'd been so nice before, now she looked at him with such malice.

God. What was wrong with him?

Her warmth returned, though he had to question how she could seem s sweet while saying such tainted things. "I'm not at liberty to say bad things about my cousin..." s**t.. now he was in a bad mood. His parents were trying to ruin his night, his cousin was c**k-blocking him, and his would be dance partner was acting jilted and mean.

"I'm sick of being policed and used..." He murmured darkly, turning his gaze back up. "You wanna go somewhere with just us? Fine." His heart raced, and every moral fibre was screaming not to act out. he had to be good. A good boy that obeyed the people that took him in. Saved him from a wretched existence back in Louisiana.

But good Lord... he wanted his own choices. His own power.

He grabbed Maebe's hand, and shoved Cody and Lex toward Becca. "Sorry, Mom! I'm busy! Babysit Dad and Uncle for me!" He then hurriedly took Maebe, trying to get them lost on the crowd.

Crap. He was so going to get in trouble, right?

Nyxtsuki Moon

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:19 pm
Boring. Maebe felt off her game - she should have known better than to think, even for one second, a goody two shoes like Otto would tell her anything about his cousin. She'd only wanted some funny stories about her wetting the bed, or something of that nature. Nothing serious. But Otto wasn't going to budge, on any front, and Maebe realized she'd made a huge mistake trying to -

There was a darkness in Otto's eyes, when he looked back up at her, that made her choke on a breath. She'd literally just said to herself he was a goody two shoes, and now he was looking at her like he wanted to throw her off a cliff. Or, if she was hearing him right, onto a bed.

Which was her line...

So why was it suddenly coming from somebody else?

He'd effectively silenced her sharp tongue, and she had no idea what to do other than let him drag her off of the dance floor, away from Peyton, away from his family, away from anyone who would have been upset to see them together. So why was she letting him, then? At what point in the situation did she just get flipped upside down?

The world sure was topsy turvy, tonight.

She thought she should call back and apologize to Peyton, the way he'd apologized to his family, but she shut her mouth quickly - since when did she apologize for anything?

Bittiface
Beejoux

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:20 pm
The petite Sun froze as she watched Otto seize Maebe's hand to guide her off the dance floor and away. It made her blink, utterly baffled for a few slow seconds before anger rolled back in and had the short woman scowling after them. Utterly seething. Fine! If Otto wanted to go get up close and personal with Mabe, Fine. She'd tried to protect him. Tried to keep him safe from the man-eating b***h of the west, but no. No.

<He'll come running back, My Sweet. He always does.>

The scowl thinned out, anger seeping away to leave lovely features flawless in the cold neutrality. Yes, Song was right. Otto always did come running back to her when he found himself in over his head. Now would be no different. Let Maebe sink her teeth in, extract her pound of flesh. It would be a lesson Otto wouldn't be forgetting any time soon.

Shoulders rolling back, Peyton watched the pair's retreating backs a moment longer before turning herself to leave the room. There was no way in hell she was going to stand there on her own when there was a party going on.

[Peyton out! Headed to Buffet]

nio love

bittiface

Beejoux

Wrathful Demigod

Wandered

Headless Hunter

33,090 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Melodic Hunter 500
  • Wandering Head-First 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:21 pm
"Yes, a lifetime of teasing, it appears." He stated to Nevada when she spoked to him again, giving her a sly look as a hand slid behind her own back for the time that she stood beside him, the red on his cheeks still showing up under his skin.

"Does it consist of something to do with pain for th'autre parti?" He offered, raising an eyebrow. It was pretty obvious that the girls were trained to watch over themselves - something that he respected of Lance. He and his brothers had been taught to be rather independent themselves, which he appreciated greatly. Dorian was always an independent soul.

Feeling the pressure of another on his head, he looked up as well as he could at his closest friend, hearing the man talk so close to him. "Je vais parler français si je veux sacrément bi--" He started, only to be cut off by a rather broad hand on his a**.

"Votre main est sur ​​mon cul." he murmured, knowing the man wouldn't understand. It was more of a realization. There was a hand on his a**.

And now there was Pandora, once again.

demon_pachabel

Nyxtsuki Moon

AstaraeI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:31 pm
He'd done it. He'd actually stood up to his mother and said no!

But now what?

He'd never actually planned anything after that. They were in the back of the ballroom, away from bright lights of the dance floor and prying eyes. Just what had he tried to accomplish. He burned red, letting go of Maebe's hand.

"S-sorry.." He reverted back, his bright blue eyes filled with apology. "I didn't ask... so I'm sorry.. I just. didn't want them telling me what I can't do so..." His heart hurt with worry and anxiety, beating as quickly as a scared rodent.

Nio Love

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:32 pm
Nevada laughed, "teasing if you keep reacting the way you do Handsome." She winked at Dorian. Then looked over at Solomon's wandering hand, and down to where it was placed. "Damn it Solomon." WHY DIDN'T SHE THINK OF THAT.

She was about to grab HIS a** in retribution, for a chance she'd never get again when Pandora joined them...Or more in between them. She didn't fault the girl though and proceeded to whip into their first technique, moving her elbow up.

"Pandora, You're keeping me from getting to a very vital asset on my boyfriends person." She smiled at the younger girl, "And you look positively Rapunzel...y."

Demon_Pachabel
Nerpin
AstaraeI

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:49 pm
Maebe barrelled into Otto when he suddenly stopped, and she instantly backtracked in order to pull herself together, straightening every hair out of place and adjusting her skirt so that she wasn't flashing the peons. Which wasn't that far, sadly.

"Oh, please." She drawled out flippantly. "If I didn't want to go with you, I wouldn't have. Besides, there's nothing wrong with getting away from the feds. Really, if you were smart, you would have just done that when I offered it. But. You don't want to be used. I get it." It was a simple request that even she, the Queen of Fake, could understand. She waved it off, and moved to lean against the wall of the darker side of the ballroom that he'd brought them to. It was quieter here. She was surprised people weren't already tucked away in here, making out.

It was early.

"You're too worried about what your 'rents think, sweetness." Maebe pulled her phone out, and checked it again. No new messages. Was she being blown off? Oh hell no.

"No. I take that back. Too worried about what everyone thinks." Maebe stuffed her thin phone back down into the crook of her cleavage, a little harder than usual - because now she was angry. A genuine kind of angry, not the kind that made her want to do anything about it. Just the kind that made her pout. "******** them." She murmured - to herself, and to him. Her hands folded tightly in front of herself, posed in the perfect position for maximum angst levels. "******** them all."

Bittiface

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:55 pm
Oh.. well that was good, right? He hadn't been too forceful. He'd hate to have scared her. He seemed to relax some, smiling a small smile.

She had him, though. She knew exactly what he was about. He worried about how other saw him. What they might say if he did something they didn't approve of. He just wanted everyone to like him. Everyone. It was an impossible task he allowed to weigh him down.

However, she seemed mad about something else. Maybe it wasn't about him. "Um.. Maebe? Are you okay?" He asked with genuine concern, leabning beside her as he gave her a worried look. "You look mad. Are you upset?"

Nio Love

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:05 pm
Solomon grinned at Dory, despite not understanding a lick of what the guy was saying before squeezing a little harder on his rump. Then he retracted the hand with the same grin to look at the little lady who had just launched herself between him and Nevada. "Well! Just the face we were looking for, Miss Pandora," he smiled as he shifted his arm to make the added figure a more comfortable fit between the pair.

"So Nevada has been telling me that Lance taught you a new defense technique," he said, raising his brows before looking to Dory again - because clearly he felt that his bro needed to see whatever-it-was too. Mostly because he couldn't help but see it involving a shoe in a not so happy place.

Nyxtsuki Moon
Nerpin
AstaraeI

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:24 pm
"Absolutely livid." She tapped her toe against the hard floor impatiently as she snapped her answer out. A moment later, her eyes actually turned towards him in half of an eye roll, and she unraveled her arms to offer him a soft pat on the arm. "But not at you. Actually I'm only a little mad at you." Her lips quirked up in a half-smile. "I don't do well with getting turned down. But whatever."

She chuckled, and folded her arms up again. "I'm mostly mad at how this party's turning out. I mean, I didn't have high hopes, but come on. I just wanted to have a little fun tonight." Preferably at someone elses expense.

"C'est la vie."

Bittiface

{ Events } ---------------------- The New Year's Ball

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas