Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lands of Imagination (RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild where everything is possible! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Action, Horror, Adventure 

Reply [26] Survival
Running On Borrowed Time (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone interested in this roleplay?
  I am! c:
  Not me. >:c
  Bugger off, muppet! D:<
  The faces got me, sign me up! xD
  I'm doing this so late but I can't sleep because of some foppish insomnia. x-x Halp.
  :{D Moustashio!
  I'm just here for the potato. (::)
View Results

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:23 am
Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
☢Just Another Day Here:☢ The Hospital
☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ Loretta, Freyja, Nitori, and two other survivors.
☠And I'm:☠ Trying to figure out what to do now.
☠What’s On My Mind:☠ If only I hadn't injured myself...
☠OOC:☠ ((...))

Wilhelm watched as Loretta looked over Nitori for wounds and smiled to the point where he thought she was going to cry from joy. He now had the two most important people in the world to him back within his reach. He couldn't remember the last time he had seen Loretta so happy and relieved, and he felt just the same. When he had met Loretta and Nitori all that time ago, he thought it was a godsend to find people so wonderful. His smile broke off into a sudden realization that she had just run from the people that were looking after her. She was definitely happy, and he wanted to thanks them. Instead he heard Loretta speak and felt a pain of regret and sorrow, wondering if he could have actually made it back to them and prevented all of this from happening. The thoughts began to gnaw away at him until he finally and suddenly reached his arms around the both of them, pulling them into an embrace. "Es tut mir Leid. Ich habt mehr machen können... Ich würde... ich würde..." he whispered to them both, closing his eyes and trying to keep his face from appearing anguished. "Ich hoffe du kannst mich für ihren Schmerzen verzeihen. Ich bin so glücklich... aber so schuldig. Es tut mir Leid..." He stayed there for a few more moments in silence, not knowing what to say, and completely unaware that he had just pretty much spammed their ears with gibberish. After that was finished, he slowly let them go and stood up to face the new survivors before them. He noticed that Freyja was back to brandishing her bow and that the woman of the two survivors seemed to eventually recognize Loretta.

He walked forward a bit to stand between Freyja and the new survivors, smiling as he did so. "Hallo!" he said in a friendly tone before clearing his throat, "My name is Wilhelm. I assume you were the ones to take care of Nitori while she was on her own and I want to thank you for that. Danke schön." He ran a hand through his hair and looked around warily towards the windows and the roofs, expecting to see the mad man in the Ghilie watching them. He saw nothing, but promptly urged them to head inside. "I would love to meet you both and offer you a proposition, but we should head inside the hospital first. I will be more than happy to share my supplies and shelter with you if you will give me the chance to talk to you there." He briskly walked towards the entrance of the Hospital, heading inside. He waved them on as he walked, not looking back. He was very anxious to get out of the open for the time being.

When and if the survivors followed him, he would lead them up several flights of stairs towards a floor that seemed to be comprised of a number of operating rooms and a small office with a few patient rooms. He walked up to the largest metal door a ways down the corridor and unlocked it with a key on his chain with his dog tags. He swung the door wide open and flicked on the lights to the large, open storage room. There was a lot of open space to the point where it felt like walking into warehouse, except that there was a small cot in a corner with some books and weaponry. Along the walls were rows of shelves containing numerous bottles of water and a vast array and supply of medications and remedies. There was a fairly small supply of food , especially relative to everything else, and Wilhelm went over to it and placed a stack of it in the middle of the room, followed by a number of water bottles. "Feel free to eat and drink what you need, and let me know if you need any medications, I may have them." He sat down on the floor next to the stack of food and water and started to eat a protein bar as he waited for everyone to enter.

Wyrda Stenr

SillyMissMilly

Xelyn_X13

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:33 pm
Alexander Ashewell

User Image
Alexander shook Dylan's hand, already forming ideas about the usage of the cart. He could possibly now go back for some of the wood, to work on fortifying the Library in a more sensible fashion. Or grab some of the fuel from the generator room. He doubted they;d be able to move the actual generator, but the fuel might come in handy, especially if they could find a mechanized device capable of moving the generator. "It's nice to meet you as well Dylan.... Errrr...." He trailed off as the girl who had been with him took off around the corner, out of sight. His first thought was to take off after her, be he figured she was probably faster than him. He hadn't eaten breakfast in an attempt to make his food supply last as long as possible, and his stiff knees would impede him. Noting Dylan's exasperation, he rubbed his neck nervously. "Does that happen a lot with her? Or was it something I did?"  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:29 pm
User Image

Dylan Reynolds

☢I'm Not Hiding, I'm Living:☢ In the School.
☠Group:☠ Alex
☠Get Pumped:☠ Searching for supplies and planning.
☠I Hate Thinking:☠ Great...

Dylan smiled and laughed a bit at Alex's sudden awkwardness with the situation. "Don't take it personally, man. I got ditched like that when zombies burst through the door. Consider yourself lucky." he replied shaking his head. He sighed and brushed some dirt off his shirt before adding, "We should probably just forget about it and try to get some supplies. I know I'm hungry; don't know about you though." He started to walk off towards the office and then stopped, turning back around to face Alex. "I really appreciate your offer for housing, so I'd like to offer my help as well. Is there anything in particular you need for the Library? I'd be happy to help." He began to think about everything that he would need to do and find. At some point he needed to get to the mall to find a gun shop and get some automatic weapons to fight off the hordes. A simple baseball bat would not protect him forever, especially if he had to deal any of those Zannibals. He shuddered at the thought and turned to smash a lock on the locker nearby him. As it broke away he opened the locker to reveal nothing but dust. He sighed and shut it again, wondering how he would go about searching the place. He didn't have all day.

The_Sane_Hatter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:10 pm
Alexander Ashewell

User Image
Alexander shrugged. Apparently not everyone was looking for company after the end of days. At least he wasn't coming off as weird old desperate man yet. When Dylan mentioned he was hungry, Alexander thought about the granola and jerky he kept in his pack, along with the newly acquired construction supplies. When Dylan turned to face him and asked if there was anything he could do to help, Alexander decided to kill two birds with one stone. Reaching around to one of the the side compartments where he kept his food, he fumbled around trying to find the jerky. "If you're hungry, I'm pretty sure I got some spare beef jerky in my pack, if you'd like. As for things the library could use, I came here today to find some lumber to board up windows and doors with, as well as some construction projects for the future. I managed to fit some nails and tools in my pack, but most of the lumber is too large to carry by hand. You mentioned that cart in the gym, and I thought perhaps we could load it with some of the lumber."

(( Sorry for such a long absence. I've got a lull in classwork from now until I don't know when, so hopefully I should be more active. ))  

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:27 pm
User Image

Dylan Reynolds

☢I'm Not Hiding, I'm Living:☢ In the School.
☠Group:☠ Alex
☠Get Pumped:☠ Searching for supplies and planning.
☠I Hate Thinking:☠ Well, at least I have someone to survive with now. I need to find more people now and make a group.

Dylan raised a curious eyebrow at the man began to dig around in his pack and began to tap his foot impatiently. He felt a little bad about the habit, especially since the man was trying to help him. It wasn't something he could really get rid of though; he was always ready to use speed over planning and waiting around. As the man rummaged through his pack for something, Dylan remembered the gunshots and tensed. He didn't really know this man and on top of that he had no idea what other weapons the man had hidden or how mentally stable he was. His grip tightened around the base of his aluminum bat and he tapped the ground with it absentmindedly, as if to remind them both that he had a weapon; a way to protect himself. He shook his head to try and rid himself of the thought. It wouldn't help him make any friends.

When Alexander mentioned beef jerky, Dylan's eyes lit up. "No way! You have jerky?" he asked in disbelief. He moved a little closer and shifted uneasily. "I haven't seen or eaten any of that stuff in ages; it's my favorite!" Then he backed off of Alex a bit, trying not to overwhelm the guy or invade his space. He scratched the back of his head and laughed nervously. "Well we can certainly put a good amount of lumber and such on that cart. I can show you where it is, if you'd like." He motioned over towards the general direction of the gymnasium doors. "I've also got some food and water stashed up in the bleachers we can take and store at your place." Then he walked off toward the gym, waving Alex forward. "C'mon, let's take care of showing you the cart first. I'm sure you'll have an idea of how much can be fit on there." When they got to the gym and saw the cart, it would definitely be large enough to carry a lot of material, but if they wanted to also bring food and water back then they would have to compromise on space used for each supply.

[[OOC: It's all good man, I know people are busy, I didn't mean to pester you. I just like to give reminders when a week has passed to know what's up.]]

The_Sane_Hatter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:58 pm
    User Image
    E S M A I x "E M" xL E S U R E
    spacespacethe awfully lucky foreigner

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    MOOD: Spacing outXX LOCATION: Towards Mall from City Complex XX HEALTH: No wounds, exhausted XX COMPANY: Self

A map would be usefully about then. The petite foreigner had little to no idea the location and layout of the city, just the vague instructions and detours she had taken before the bombing. No good, no good. She had a gut feeling that she was probably going to right way, keeping the city apartment complex at her back and keeping it's location in mind in case she had no choice but to turn back. While carefully skulking from alleyway to alleyway, Em did her best to keep an ear out for other footsteps besides her own. She wasn't alone, she was fully aware. There were zombies about. But they were all heading in a certain direction. She didn't dare go that way. All she had to do was cross streets where some were heading without being caught by one. To be snagged would be to die. No way she could fight a zombie in her condition. To be honest with herself, she doubted she could even fight them in best of health. She had no idea how to wield the gun in the side pouch of her bag. She kept it in easy reach, just in case. Maybe in a final effort she could manage to shoot it. Little did she know, that wasn't going to be the case. If she ever had to use it, she would fail. She didn't know how to hold it and she had no idea that the safety was on. It wouldn't fire unless someone else changed that.

Em's luck held out so far. She hid from the walking corpses when she caught glimpse of one and jogged again when it was clear. Her direction was the Mall. She had no other choice, did she? Her food supply was squandered too quickly, not thinking ahead. She should have saved more instead of gorging herself. Or maybe it was good she decided she was running out so soon. Something good and unforeseen could come of her forced situation. Luck was strange to her like that.

Nonetheless, she didn't see the Mall yet. She tried to remember if she'd ever been in there long enough to find the stores she needed. She needed survival items. A bigger bag, maybe. Something to protect her. Warmer clothes. She was so cold at night, despite whatever weather it could be. Maybe even a sleeping mat. Her mind wandered as her feet lightly tapped the ground. The things she needed. Would food be there, too? Was it practical for Malls to contain preservable food items? She hoped so. Her stomach was making a terrible moaning at her.

ooc: Tardy to the party
                                    invetory: Bag of goodies, all items from profile present

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:47 pm
Survivors Affected: Esmai
Name: Unknown
Encounter Type: Luck, Observation
Danger Level: N/A

User Image

NPC EVENT- Mysterious Survivor

A rather bizarre looking zombie milled around the streets behind an unsuspecting woman. She had not yet turned around to look behind her, but she had been doing a good job of jogging away as soon as it caught up to her. It wanted to be quiet so that it didn't spook the first meal it had seen in weeks. Besides, its throat had been ripped out by an earlier incident with a Brawler. If it wanted to make a sound it couldn't, and every time it would have growled in frustration ended up producing no sound. The skinless hunch-backed zombie plodded on after its fleshy target again as she seemed to be heading in a specific direction. It hated the delicious food. The food always ran, it always had a different pattern. It just wanted the food to stop long enough for it to sink its teeth into the flesh and render it immobile. The food's stomach was rumbling, mirroring the exact feelings of the zombie cannibal slowly approaching her from behind. She seemed to be waiting. Good. FOOD.

The mysterious survivor had made his way out of the main alleyways of the sewage passages when he found the ladder to the surface. He climbed up the ladder slowly until he got to the top, slowly pushing the manhole cover off with a slight scraping noise of metal on concrete. He didn't mind it and simply jumped through. In all honesty, he probably looked like a monster to anyone not familiar with a Ghillie suit. He looked like a tall mossy blob with a radiation mask over where his face should be. When he climbed out from the sewers he took a quick look around. He wasn't too far away from the Mall, just as he expected. He looked down at the manhole and slid it into place before hearing a slight tapping echoing across the blacktop. He immediately put a hand on his M16 semi-automatic burst-round rifle and spun towards the noise. That's when he saw a rather frail pale girl in deep thought and a Zombie Cannibal approaching from behind.

The "Zannibal" went to lunge forward and take a bite of her shoulder, but tripped on a fallen piece of debris that happened to be part of a car's rear bumper at one time. It fell into her, pushing her to the ground with the arms it tried to grab her with. Its face smacked into the pavement with a dull crack but there was no sound from the mute zombie.The food was lucky. Stupid thing stopped a meal. It saw that the food (Esmai) was also on the ground and reached out, grabbing a firm hold of her legs with a pair of hands that acted like vice grips. Then it tried to drag itself forward to her, its gruesome maw opening in anticipation of a meal.

The zombie would be fairly easy to fend off, but if she couldn't kill it or it got too close to her, two three-round bursts would sound from her left out in the middle of the street as the mysterious survivor would fire his M16 into the zombie's arm and head. The Zannibal would die, leaving Esmai alive and the mysterious survivor watching her silently for a reaction. Also, if she decided to start screaming and panicking, he would rush over and silence her with a hand over her mouth until she stopped making noise. Then he would remove his hand.

[[OOC: Welcome to the RP man, I look forward to roleplaying with you!]]
Wistful Flame

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:42 pm
    User Image

═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
    MOOD: Terrified to the bone XX LOCATION: Towards Mall from City Complex XX HEALTH: No large wounds, exhausted XX COMPANY: Mystery Survivor

Poor little Esmai. Never the diligent one, was she? Next time she should have forced herself to be more attentive to her surroundings. Maybe then she would have checked for something stalking behind her and sprinted away. Where would she sprint to without recklessly putting herself in more potential danger? She was too shortsighted for that thinking. And that didn't matter, anyways. The monster was already on her. She didn't realize why she had only been pushed, that her perpetrator had tripped. She only knew that one moment she was moving at a fair, energy-saving pace, then the next, she was on the ground. She scuffed up her palms in the small bits of debris. She didn't understand how lucky she was that it was only her hands that took minor discomfort initially and that she still had her entire shoulder attached to her. She was a bit preoccupied to be pondering the possibility that perhaps she should be thankful that all of her limbs were intact. Mainly this was because when she flipped herself over to see what happened, all she caught was an eyeful of zombie.

She tried kicking. Flailing. Pushing. Crawling. Pretty pathetic, she was weak. This creature, this monster in every sense of the word, was the most horrifying thing she'd ever been witness to. Making contact to it sent her heat immedietly to drop far past her stomach. She was too shocked to scream, her throat restricting itself and her breath caught. Her eyes were wide and sheer, unbridled terror. Em was petrified and no longer fought or even reached for the gun in the side of her bag as her eyes, filled with inhuman fear, fixated on the open maw of what would have been her demise. She didn't even let out a pitiful squeak as it dragged itself closer and closer with great strength wrapping her legs. Her first encounter with an undead up close wasn't doing very well at all.

Luckily for her, a phrase she was very much used to, these jaws halted in their objective and she was not to be ended by this monstrosity. Shot fired at some distance from her, yet she did not jump. They hit the zombie in front of her, yet she did not shrink away. She was still paralyzed, eyes open and transparent to the raw horror she held. It took moments before she made any motion, and that was shaking. It was violent for a moment as she dragged her legs away from the creature, then she was still. Readying herself to scream all the shrill sounds that had built up while she was frozen. Before she could create all such noise with the deep breath taken, a hand covered her mouth. She was small. Very small. It wasn't difficult at all to cover her mouth or even smother her entire face. The person did not try to suffocate her, only keep her silent. The air blew out of her nose and in another moment, she wasn't going to screech when the hand was taken away. She kept her eyes on the monster the entire time. Esmai wasn't able to look away until she had backed away more, towards the stranger, and hobbled to her feet.

She stood as if she was ready to jump and run, but not from the stranger like she should have. She was still poised in fear of the dead undead that laid motionless. In fact, she looked like she was going to jump behind the stranger if the monster were to move again. It did not. It was put to an absolute death this time and was going to stay in that way. Her breathing was ragged, but she was slowly becoming more composed. If was pale as it was, but with the past event, she was drained of all color. It was coming back. Of all the random survivors, this was the first she met. She was bright, yet terribly stupid. She felt she could trust this stranger despite everything that would tell her to do so otherwise. Like the fact that she couldn't even see who it was under whatever that thing it was it was wearing. She couldn't even tell if the person had good intentions, let alone if it was even human and not a mutated zombie. The weird suit didn't seem to put her off at all. Nor did the fact that whoever this was had at least one working powerful firearm. Oh Esmai, you idiot. You're lucky that you're lucky.

She stood there, staring at the "person". She should be thanking them, shouldn't she? It was the polite thing to do. If the person hadn't run away yet, assuming. Her voice was small and hoarse from no speaking in weeks, yet if he was still there, Em would attempt an apology. "S-sorry about..." Great start. Stuttering. To show the subject of her apology, she'd glance at the monster, then continue. "Thank you." Where are those people skill, Honey? She didn't have much to say for herself. If he was still there, she'd look back at the zombie and take a few steps away from it. "Do they all look like that now...?" She'd seen the regular zombie from a very good distance. It didn't look as bad, she had thought. But up close?

ooc: So happy to be here! Loving it already!
                                    invetory: Bag of goodies, all items from profile present

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:32 pm

User Image

The mysterious survivor looked down at Esmai with a distasteful look, although she wouldn't be able to tell. Not even his eyes were visible. For all she knew he could have been a man, a woman, a serial killer, or a monster. He had watched her flailing pathetic struggle without a word. He watched her intently, wondering when she would reach for the sidearm that she clearly had holstered on her hip. It was almost painful for him to watch the fragile woman disregard the existence of her gun or her life. She had stopped struggling; just sat there frozen in fear and helplessness. He was so infuriated by her lack of strength and lack of a will to live that he was literally about to shoot her himself. Yet in some way she reminded him of himself right when the world went to hell and no one would let him in. Everyone had tried to kill him on sight... wait, that doesn't sound like him. He was always alone. What's with these bizarre feelings and daydreams? he wondered briefly before returning his attention to the immobile girl before him. At least she wasn't screaming.

He lifted up his M16 to bear and fired two three-round burst shots into the zombie. The first one struck its arm, making it unable to grip onto her to pull itself closer. The second one struck its temple, causing its wretched life to cease. It fell short of biting her and its lifeless corpse once again hit the concrete. He sighed and slung the rifle back around his back on the back holster. Then he looked at the woman and realized that her tremors were growing in intensity. For ******** sake, not now. he thought bitterly, marching over to her in time to cover her mouth with a gloved hand. She had just taken a deep breath in and now she seemed stuck in thought, unable to think clearly. She was probably scared out of her mind; she was a small and fragile woman. Once she let the breath out he reluctantly removed his hand and kept it hovering near her mouth in case she decided to let out any sharp noises. Luckily for them, and his eardrums, that wasn't the case. She seemed to be frozen in a staring contest with the Zombie Cannibal's corpse, making him want to just leave her there to be found by the next infected to walk across her path.

As soon as he was about to get up and leave, she backed away further into him and then got to her feet. It was almost as if she just realized how bad of an idea it was to sit around stunned in the middle of an open street in a zombie-infested City. He stood in silence as the girl got up and returned her gaze to the very much dead Zannibal at her feet. She was still pale and was breathing heavily. Hell, her breathing was irregular and she looked like a hungry, scared mess. Then she turned around and started staring at him. He wasn't sure what to make of her looks and facial expressions. She was probably very attractive, and it would be more apparent if she hadn't looked like she had been crying and starving for several days. She then surprised him by speaking with a timid voice that sounded like it hadn't been used in weeks.

An apology? he wondered, a bit irritated that her first words sounded and meant something so weak. Is this girl one of those incompetent "beauty queens" that gets by off of sheer looks and manipulation? He was definitely not liking her so far. Then she looked back at the creature and thanked him. Definitely not the brightest crayon in the box. he mused, still saying nothing. She took a few steps away from the monster just as he turned to walk away, satisfied that she wouldn't die from the zombie threatening her. When she asked him a question he huffed in irritation. It was the first sound he had made vocally in a long time. Is there no one out here who knows a damn thing about the mutated infected? He wondered, turning back to face her. When he did, he saw the lost, confused, and devastated look on her face: it reminded him of someone... but who was it? He shook his head, unable to think of what or who she was reminding him of. Either way, now he felt obligated to help the girl. She obviously was on the brink of death and had no survival skills. His voice was icy and detached, but it was definitely one of a man. He spoke only one word to her before turning towards the streets and walking off towards the Mall.

"Follow."

[[OOC: Awesome, good to hear!]]
Wistful Flame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:50 pm
    User Image

MOOD: Not as mortified, still shaken but relieved XX LOCATION: Towards Mall from City Complex XX HEALTH: No large wounds, exhausted XX COMPANY: Mystery Survivor

Sheer luck was such an impractical survival skill to depend as heavily on as Em, but it blessed her well. She was going to make it somewhere! Talking to the "person" she previously assumed was human and male, a faint glimmer of hope stirred somewhere in the back of her eyes. He didn't run away and he didn't shoot her. Pretty good so far! He had absolutely no obligation to do anything in her favor. Hell, it could possibly better him to have just shot her. She had a weapon in near mint condition just sitting in eye's view. Her bag wasn't full, but lumps of objects poked at the sides. She had supplies. She was carrying it on her, so what was her game? He could have just taken have just taken all of it. She didn't appear to be a trap or bait. Just a feeble little straggler, tumbling about and nearly being devoured by a mutated zombie. Internally, she felt it was proper to dub whatever that was a Basilisk, seeing as it turned her to immobile stone, void of any ability to move. She didn't say that, however. She was already making herself look stupid enough, wasn't she?

She flinched at the gruff sound the "person" made. She wanted him to respond, of course. It'd been a while since she heard another person. She was merely spooked. But that was the only noise he made for moments. She felt anxiety grow in her stomach as she tried looking at where a face could be in that ridiculous suit of his (she couldn't quite tell where he was even facing). Well, if she had put thought into it's use, she would recognize that it was obviously for the purpose it was made for. Hiding and camouflage. He wasn't wearing it for fashion. Probably. Nonetheless, she was unnerved by the quiet air and averted her eyes, taking a half-step away. She messed up, didn't she? Em didn't know what to do at that moment. Walk away? Run? Stalk him? The last wasn't going to happen. He would absolutely detect her if she tried. She could tell that right off the bat.

She perked up again when he finally did respond. she was only given one word, but that was enough. Her eyes were wide and hopeful. Almost like she could just shrug off that encounter. He turned away and was already walking. His was voice was in no sense of the word welcoming. She disregarded that and was eager to take behind him. She was going to stay close, but not so that she was clipping the back of his feet. On top of the fact that she had someone to guide, she was also assure that he was in fact a man. The assumption was correct. it took her a moment to get going. All she needed to push her was a final glance at the monstrosity laying on the ground to send a shiver up her spine. Her condition wasn't better, Esmai still looked horrible in terms of health, but she felt a little more reassured.

She was quiet for a while, her brief grin dying down to a neutral expression as they walked. They were still going towards the Mall, right? Convenient. She didn't know how long it'd be, but at least she wasn't alone. At some point, she quietly added to the conversation that was not happening, "My name is Esmai." 'Shut up.' She groaned at herself internally. "Or just Em." 'Splendid.' As soon as it rolled off her tongue, it hit her that chances were he didn't care at all. With that sour thought, she was fairly certain he wasn't going to tell her his name. But at least he had a name to damn her with.

ooc: > u < Pretty sure she's going to eventually die a terribly gruesome death
                                    inventory: Bag of goodies, all items from profile present

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:54 pm

User Image

The mysterious survivor kept walking, wondering if she would ever start to follow him. Perhaps she was just too frightened and dense to realize what kind of opportunity she was being given. Then as if it was the last moment she could have changed her mind, she came rushing forward to follow him. He could tell by the sound of footsteps rapidly approaching in earnest. Once she had caught up with him, her pace fell in timing with his; she was only slightly behind him. She wasn't so close as to pose a threat or a hindrance, but she was still following pretty closely. He glanced back at her to see her wide, hopeful eyes and nearly growled. She was like a lost puppy that had just been given a touch on the head. It didn't even have to be a full-on pat, they just absorbed contact as if it was some sort of life force and binding contract of owner love. He was starting to regret his decision until she spoke up.

So her name is Esmai... that sounds foreign. he thought absentmindedly, deciding to try and keep a level head about himself. He was definitely not one for conversation ever since that man died. What man? I knew no one; I was always alone. At the thought, he seemed to slip off into another memory, flashing back to when Alphonse trained him... the day he truly learned how to survive on his own.He had been so frightened and practically useless before then, almost like the girl. Sure, he had military training, but he couldn't bring himself to use it properly on zombies... especially the mutated ones. He had known nothing about them. He shook his head as she stated her nickname and snapped him back to reality. Why do I keep daydreaming like that? he wondered, swinging his rifle off his back and firmly grasping the handle. He rested his finger over the trigger and then stopped. They weren't too far from the Mall now. He could see parts of the parking lot from where they were.

He turned back towards Esmai in silence and just seemed to stare at her. She couldn't see his face, but he was very still and simply faced her. Just as it seemed the silence was going to be unbearable, he made more of an attempt to speak: "You don't know about the mutated infected. You don't use your gun, and probably don't know how. You don't eat well and don't know how to ration properly. You are also careless." He sounded very critical of her and blunt, but it was almost as if he could read her like a book. In fact, he was certain that he was right on these things. She hadn't even attempted to reach her gun when she was attacked and almost eaten. She asked if all zombies looked that way now in reference to the Zombie Cannibal. She looked like a frail mess and was pale. It was a wonder to him how she could have possibly survived for so long. I don't know how you survived so long without anyone, but you're probably alone now. You followed me without hesitation and looked lost and hopeful. You wouldn't last more than a few minutes on your own in your condition." His words were certainly harsh, but they all had a purpose.

He left her with no name to call him and not much to go on. However, he did give her some attention. "We're going to search the Mall for supplies, and you'll help me. In return, I'll keep you alive. If you help me and survive, I'll teach you what you will need to know." Then, without another word he marched off in the direction of the Mall. He left her with two choices: either she could follow him into the Mall, or she could try to make her way on her own. It seemed cruel, but in a way it was a test of her will to live. He wasn't about to waste his time on someone who could no longer survive or no longer wanted to.

[[OOC: Oh, I hope not... she's with the most capable survivor at the moment and she's lucky. Sorry about the hostility towards your character, but I'm trying to set up something interesting while keeping to the character's... well, character. xD]]
Wistful Flame

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:00 pm
    User Image

MOOD: Ashamed, mainly XX LOCATION: Mall XX HEALTH: No large wounds, exhausted XX COMPANY: Mystery Survivor

Ouch. Sudden verbal lashing wasn't exactly what Esmai thought would come of her attempt to become open. To anyone else, it was pretty obvious that he'd keep a serious composure. She found it hard to pick pieces of him up into a puzzle that was the Mystery Survivor. Some people she could easily see. They were a child's puzzle. Simple. She was getting the feeling that the case was far different here. He was made of a thousand pieces, many of them of the same color and similar shape. Damn it was going to take a long time to put it together. And just like a puzzle, it would need patience and consideration. Enough with the puzzle nonsense. There were things happening, Esmai. Focus on the blunt truth being told.

The beginning silence was worse than the other silence. She, again, tried to look at him. All she saw was the faux foliage suit, alas. She was pretty off from where she'd be seeing a face as well. It was more like she was staring around his chin. Curious as first as the fresh silence set in, then cautious as it continued. Just before he broke it by speaking she teetered on the edge of anxiety. She put no effort into guarding her face at all. Damn, it was more likely she was putting all the effort in just keeping herself up. Stick thin girl, scared chalk pale, dark circles under sunken eyes. Just a few traits among others. What he broke the quiet with was utterly true. Every statement, no matter how much it hurt, was honest. She knew it was. Anything positive once in any corner of her face drained. She filled with a thick shame. There was no doubt in his voice in what he said. What hurt more? The message or the messenger? What hurt most was his next statements. By the time he got to mentioning "surviving so long without someone, but you're alone now" she was already starting to look away. Those statements alone almost felt like they caused physical pain. They pricked at her fingers an cut at her chest, but only for the moment he was saying them. She dropped her eyes immediately to the ground after that. No defiance, only acceptance.

As expected. No name. She didn't blame him with how he already saw her. She was clearly a nuisance. Not friend. Then why was he giving her a chance? There wasn't exactly another option she could take, despite how he listed two. Unless she was really accepting how useless she was. She glanced at him walking away, head still hung. Slowly she followed, keeping a bit more distance between them. She picked her head up and brushed some of the curly strands of sandy hair out of her face. At least she didn't cry. Em was going to chose to stay quiet for a while. Not really sulking, more on the lines of... Well, sulking. Until they got in the building. She couldn't very well be as much of a help as she could be if she was preoccupied moping. She needed to know how to survive. She obviously didn't already.

Any really, what did he have to lose? Either way, it looked good for him. She could come back with supplies or just not come back at all. Win/win.

ooc: No problem >< She deserves it for being reckless
                                    inventory: Bag of goodies, all items from profile present

Yoshielite

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

Qunarri

Victorious Ally

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm
        User Image

i'lltrycodingL I A M x - x M A E L W I N E
              iholdnopromicestothecodethoughthe brawns lacking brains

: . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . : : . :

MOOD: Lonely XX LOCATION: Walking around fence of Park XX HEALTH: Incredibly hungry, otherwise fine XX COMPANY: Hatchet

"Never travel alone."

It was hard to fulfill that request when he was forced to travel alone, old geezer of a man. Liam was giving his honest best to find someone, anyone, who wasn't trying to attack him. The only sane thing to do that would preoccupy his simple mind was count how many skulls he brutishly cleaved his hatchet into. So far, his count wasn't that high. He was staying out of the middle of street to stay safe. Not because it was an open place to be easily spotted, but because he thought he still might be hit by a car if he played in the road. Stupid, lonely boy.

Since the world tumbled, he only had done a few things. He stayed home for a while before actually submitting to his Grandfather's demand for him to find new shelter and stay safe. He was sure his Grandfather was so mad at him that he just couldn't bare to have him in their apartment any longer. He didn't know what he did, so he tried not to think about it. No, he had to think about finding others. And staying safe. His stomach grumbled impatiently at him like a sullen child. Oh, and get food. Boy was he hungry. Liam was, believe it or not, a big boy. A very big boy. It was like his body never got the notice to stop growing until late, leaving him at a staggering height and sturdy body. An incredibly hungry body. Maybe that's why he was searching for survivors. They could have food for him. There had to be some somewhere, right? Food and survivors? Food?

He kept the fence of the park to his left and at a distance. He didn't want the things in there hording around one side. He didn't like they way the smell. He also didn't like that the few that faced his hatchet got some of their bodily material on his good arm. It was gross and he wanted to get it washed off before that rancid stench clung to his skin forever.

ooc: Boom there he is (even tardier to the partier)
                                                          inventory: As listed in profile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:15 am
Encounter Type: Travel

User Image

The mysterious survivor glanced back at Esmai once more, making sure that she was following. When he saw that she was sulking and lagging behind, he stopped and waited for her to realize. She had then picked her head up and brushed away some hair. He tapped his radiation mask a few times to get her attention. She had followed him, so he assumed that she had agreed to his terms. Once she had caught up with him, he walked beside her at her pace. It wasn't very long before they came upon the vast parking lot surrounding the Mall. Occasionally his head turned in her direction to make sure she was still there. Once they had gotten significantly further into the parking lot he started to talk again. His voice was just as cold and serious, but it was somehow less... detached.

"Never let your guard down. The undead are relentless and can crawl out of anywhere." He looked around after the statement, scanning the area for anything, just in case. "Even if you think your distraction is holding all the zombies, never assume that there aren't stragglers or mutated infected." he said, which would have probably confused her a bit. Neither of them seemed to have made a distraction, so it might ave seemed to come out of left field to her. He continued moving as he spoke and checked their rear, never leaving an open avenue of attack. Then he started up on a different conversational subject. They were much closer to the Mall now, which appeared to be completely deserted. He wasn't wasting any time with introductions or small talk. He figured that perhaps she could absorb some of the information she needed to on the go. That would prove to be a very useful quality if she were to survive the infected hell-hole of a city they were currently in.

"Not all zombies look like the one you saw today. Most are normal walking corpses. Those ones will try to pummel you into the ground, but won't eat you. Hell, they only bite when they have no limbs left." he said, stopping by a lamp post only about ten yards away from the Mall. "The kind you saw is a zombie that has been mutated by the radiation. Now there are a lot of different kinds of those zombies, so you need to be careful. The one you ran into was what people call a Zombie Cannibal or 'Zannibal'. They will eat you. They hunger for human flesh. They aren't too fast, but they can still catch up if you aren't careful." As he said that, he did a double-check to see if there were any approaching zombies. Satisfied that they were safe for the moment, he grabbed an energy bar out of his pack and placed it in her hand. "Eat this, it has a lot of protein and carbohydrate; it'll keep you energized." he said, quickly closing his pack and returning his grip to his rifle. "There are many other types of mutated infected in the City, and most are easy to spot. I'll tell you about them later. If you see any zombie- especially if it doesn't look normal- tell me immediately, but don't yell unless it's necessary." He made sure to emphasize that last sentence; it was far too important to pass over. If she didn't say anything or decided to scream like she almost had when he had met her, they would probably end up dying very quickly.

After she had finished eating the bar, he got up and started walking towards the Mall entrance again. He had a feeling of where he should go first: he needed ammunition and she needed to learn how to fire a gun. "You're going to have to learn how to fire that gun of yours if you want to live." He stopped talking after that, leaving the air full of silence. Then they reached the main door to the Mall. He sung it open and entered first, surveying the area with his weapon before continuing on inside.

[[OOC: I'm going to work on something for the big guy either after this or when I get back from work.]]
Wistful Flame

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:01 pm
Survivors Affected: Liam
Name: Zachary
Encounter Type: Choice
Danger Level: Moderately Low

User Image

NPC EVENT- Zachary

Tears streamed down his face and his huffing came in the form of sobs as he ran away from a strange zombie that had been following him everywhere. It was really weird and icky and scary, but it didn't make any scary noises. All he could hear was its footsteps following him. He was out of breath, tired, and hungry. He collapsed to the ground sobbing in terror and hunger. He was so hungry and alone and now he was a goner. He had seen the scary things eat his family and his daddy ran off with him until he died from all his wounds. Daddy tried to protect me, but now he's gone... More tears gushed out of his eyes and his sobbing got louder. Soon enough, he turned over to see where the scary thing was.

He let out a startled yelp as he saw it standing over him, motionless. It didn't move anymore, until he backpedaled away from it. Then it followed him and stopped again, looking down at him. It was ugly and icky and scary and he didn't like it, but it wasn't trying to hurt him. He sniffled, his innocent curiosity and naïveté causing him to think that the zombie was different. In a way, he was right: it was a mutated infected. This particular zombie was a Stalker. They never harmed humans, but their presence tended to attract the attention of other infected since they followed around humans. He slowly stopped crying and got up onto his feet. He was still a bit shaky from being hungry and all the crying he did, but now it had died down to sniffles and curiosity. He rubbed his eyes to get them to stop being all blurry and blinked a few times. Then he looked at the zombie again.

It wasn't so scary... it was like a person with whiskers. He giggled and reached up, trying to touch its whiskers. Then the zombie leaned down and he retreated, scared that it was going to bite him. Zach had almost begun to cry until he realized it was still once again. Carefully he reached out and stroked its whiskers, giggling like a little kid who was playing with a cat. then he tried to talk to it. "Are you a kitty or a person?" he asked curiously, looking at its beady little black eyes with curiosity. When it didn't answer, he gasped and asked, "Or are you both?!" He was excited now, but the zombie still didn't answer. "You can't talk, can you? You probably can't even understand me..." He got sad again, but then the zombie stood up straight and put a hand on his head. Since it couldn't control its strength, it practically slapped Zach. The boy recoiled and held his head whimpering, "Ow... that hurt...." Then he looked up to see that the zombie was copying him, holding its hands on its head. He was surprised by that, and then reached out to poke the zombie, who in turn did the same. When the boy drew back his hand, so did the Stalker. Zach giggled and walked backwards, watching te Stalker eagerly follow him. "Ok, since you don't have a name... I'm gonna call you Buddy." he told the zombie, walking off with it following him. He had found a new friend.

As they rounded the bend of the park fence, Zach saw a man walking the streets. It was a big boy. He hadn't seen anyone in so long that he assumed it was his father. He ran over, prompting the Stalker to follow him again towards Liam. "Daddy! Daddy! You're here!" he yelled in giddy excitement, running up and clinging onto Liam's leg, "Daddy, I found a new friend! His name is Buddy!" He pointed over to the Stalker that had now caught up and stopped about two feet away from the both of them. It just seemed to stare at them both, not doing anything else.

[[OOC: Okay, introducing... Zachary! The lonely little child who only has one friend at the moment, and an odd one at that.]]
Wistful Flame

[26] Survival

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces