Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] Tis the Season to be Shopping Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:27 pm
"Robert, are you asking my grandmother to marry you? Because that's what it looks like," Jerry informed him flatly, adjusting his glasses as he scowled at the thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:32 pm
Robert let out an inappropriately loud groan of frustration, and put the ring down. "Then whaddya boys suggest I get, if you know rings so damn well? I ain't got no idea what I'm doing here!"

Oooh, there was a ring that was surrounded with yellow swirlies. Maybe that one..? He reached for it..

Bilious

Prolixity

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 9:42 pm
Jerry smacked his hand down, "No, bad. Drop the yellow unless it's in the gold. Gold is plenty of yellow. But kinda' tacky. Do you want your girl to look tacky?" Something caught his eye again and he hesitated for a moment. NO! No no no Petra first, then they could find something for Candace. But they were on a mission! "What about one of those?" He pointed to somewhat smaller, glittering rings in platinum and diamond in the case.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:02 pm
"Petra's a practical person," Jordan pointed out. "You know how messy our - uh - career field can get; so pick something that can be worn under a glove. Or easily cleaned." He glanced sideways at Robert. "And a diamond is the traditional choice. Besides, they go with anything."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:07 pm
Robert looked heartbroken at the idea of giving up on yellow. In a very quiet, humbled voice, he muttered something under his breath.

"But she's my sunshine.."

It seemed the color was more of a personal choice than just some weird fetish.

With a grunt, he waved the yellow jewelry away, and the clerk brought out a whole section of more typical engagement rings to look at.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:14 pm
"What about a little gold band with some diamond inserts?" Jerry smiled encouragingly, leaning in to see what the lady had to offer. "What about that one?" He pointed to a lovely number that would certainly fit under a glove without getting snagged in battle.  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:46 pm
Jordan raised an eyebrow, a little surprised. If it was a reference to something between Robert and Petra, that was different. Still, he wasn't about to let Robert walk out with something spectacularly ugly. He studied the trays of rings, then suggested, "Yellow's special, huh? Well ... how about that? Or maybe something like that one if you want one that looks more like the usual kind of engagement ring."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:09 pm
Robert looked at the options given to him by his friends, and made a little noise from his throat.

"They're nice.." He murmured, tilting his hands in a so-so motion. "They're not talking to me though. I feel like if I see the one I'm supposed to give her, I'll just.. know."

He kept looking, turning down a few of the more typical options the clerk showed him. "Like anything else, guys?"  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:17 pm
Jerry pouted as his suggestion was shot down, "I dunno... I always figured when the day came for me, I'd use a family heirloom or something. I'm pretty useless at this, ahahha... but... yeah um." He drummed his hands on the counter before looking through a few more options, "Be neat if there was one that was like... a twisted snake with like... diamond eyes or something-"  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:26 pm
"Hm. Not sure that'd quite be appropriate - not for the occasion ... " Jordan looked over to the next display case. Something more unusual, maybe, symbolic ... "Hey, how about that set?"  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:37 pm
Robert stared blankly at Jerry for a moment, before he wordlessly turned away to look at the option Jordan had chosen. They were definitely a relevent choice, especially since the other ring was a moon, and she was a moon hunter. "Huh, maybe.."

He saw the price tag, and felt a little guilty. The ring would mean a lot, but he wanted to spend more money on Petra than he'd ever spent before.

So he kept looking.

His finger passed over ring after ring, making little sounds of discontent and discomfort, until his finger stopped on the perfect round diamond settled in one particular ring. His eyes furrowed, and he pulled it out, giving it a long look. He didn't know exactly why the setting reminded him of a sun, but it did.

"I think.." He looked at Jordan, and then Jerry. He handed the ring to Jerry, and made a motion with his hand. "Quick. Ask me to marry you."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:48 pm
Jerry blinked, "I beg your pardon?"  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:51 pm
Robert shoved the ring into Jerry's hand and gave him a glare. "Get on your knees and ask me to marry you, I gotta see if it feels right." Belatedly, he added - "Do it or I pound you."  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:55 pm
Jordan leaned on the case and watched, bemused. To attempt to rescue Jerry, or not? ... If he did, he'd probably be conscripted instead. ... He wasn't about to volunteer to be embarrassing in public. Again. Sorry, dude.  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:56 pm
Jerry's face went pale, and he debated bringing up a certain choir again but thought better of it when his eyes darted from Jordan back to Robert's enraged face. "Ahahaha... a... a test run, alright um..." He swallowed and tried to put on his most LOVING of expressions, dropping to one knee before brandishing it out to him, "ROBERT, MY LOVE- WOULD YOU DO ME THE HONOR...?"  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff