Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
{ THE DARK COVE } UPDATED SEE PAGE 1 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:06 pm
"I'm puttin' my bet on really lucky right now," he replied. He put his hands on his waist and puffed out a small sigh through the air holes of his mask, "I don't think there's anything here except for dark, dark, and even more dark with extra dark on top -- you get the idea."

If he had a nose he'd thoughtfully scratch at it but instead he rubbed the back of his armored neck before he responded to Davii's next question, "If we did agree to it there had to be a reason or some sort of payoff that we needed, I think. I ... don't think I'd personally sign up for this without some sort of payoff or something..." Theta Seven replied quietly.

Maybe he wanted to protect someone like he wanted to protect Delta Nine? It seemed likely - it felt right.

"I guess it depends on what you feel your motives would have been if you did..." He shrugged off the thought as if he wasn't sure if that even made sense. "I wouldn't put it past them to just make it up and tell us lies, though," Theta Seven added at the end of his trailing thought even though none of it truly connected.  
Dragain rolled 2 4-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 pm
Mediciner
(( STOP BEING 0s, YOU DERP. *glares at Deli's ineptitude at fighting* ))

Maybe it was all the darkness, but Deli was not liking how he went from one-hit killing a shadow to missing every other time almost. SERIOUSLY. It was starting to irritate even the patient Delta that things were like a flying circus here - all moves and no substance. Never really liked circuses much, though.

"Get over here, you!" he growled, trying to swat at the creature as it sailed over his head but missing abysmally. If the next strike he tried didn't work, he was not above asking for some help . . .

(( Weapon: Melee
Damage to Self: 0
Damage to Creature: 0
Current HP: 22 ))

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Landing behind its target, the creature wasted no time in trying to get another attack in, this time trying to headbutt him on his back. However, it harmlessly flew through the space between its target's legs instead.

HP: 3
Damage: 0

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Mediciner rolled 2 6-sided dice: 2, 5 Total: 7 (2-12)

Mediciner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:36 pm
Dragain

Landing behind its target, the creature wasted no time in trying to get another attack in, this time trying to headbutt him on his back. However, it harmlessly flew through the space between its target's legs instead.

HP: 3
Damage: 0

(( Was held up by Sleuth contest, let's ROLL. FINALLY. ))

Quite suddenly. Let me take over.

No! he shouted back instantly, recoiling at the very idea. His fight, his power! The thing managed to fling itself defenselessly between his legs, and he aimed a kick at it. "Away!"

Damage to Creature: 1

Dragain rolled 2 4-sided dice: 3, 4 Total: 7 (2-8)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:49 pm
Mediciner
(( Was held up by Sleuth contest, let's ROLL. FINALLY. ))

Quite suddenly. Let me take over.

No! he shouted back instantly, recoiling at the very idea. His fight, his power! The thing managed to fling itself defenselessly between his legs, and he aimed a kick at it. "Away!"

Damage to Creature: 1

It slid across the ground at the kick, hissing angrily, eyes flashing red before leaping up from the ground, rushing in for a head on attack while flailing wildly - it was mad. So very mad. When it was in range, the creature swiped at its target's ankle before leaping backwards, still glaring angrily at him.

HP: 2
Damage: 3

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

Mediciner rolled 2 6-sided dice: 6, 4 Total: 10 (2-12)

Mediciner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:01 pm
Dragain
It slid across the ground at the kick, hissing angrily, eyes flashing red before leaping up from the ground, rushing in for a head on attack while flailing wildly - it was mad. So very mad. When it was in range, the creature swiped at its target's ankle before leaping backwards, still glaring angrily at him.

HP: 2
Damage: 3

(( I find it sad that the monster is doing more damage to him than him to it. DIE DIE DIE. ))

Oh for God's - OW. This little guy was taking forever to kill, and somehow it was still reaching him through his armor. Maybe Deli shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think he was a one-hit wonder all the time.

"Die already!" he growled with uncharacteristic (up until now) ferocity as he rushed at the thing and aimed one last punch.

Damage to Creature: 4
Current HP: 19 ))

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:09 pm
Mediciner
(( I find it sad that the monster is doing more damage to him than him to it. DIE DIE DIE. ))

Oh for God's - OW. This little guy was taking forever to kill, and somehow it was still reaching him through his armor. Maybe Deli shouldn't have been so arrogant as to think he was a one-hit wonder all the time.

"Die already!" he growled with uncharacteristic (up until now) ferocity as he rushed at the thing and aimed one last punch.

Damage to Creature: 4
Current HP: 19 ))

That last punch would hit something relatively solid - but a soft hiss from the creature later, he would find himself hitting nothing but air. The creature had dissipated back into the shadows, like it had never existed in the first place...

HP: 0

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

kalindara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:15 pm
The sounds of fists hitting shadow died off. Delta Seven hoped that meant Delta Three had one. "You good back there, Deli?" he called.

There didn't seem to be anything up this end. More and more hallway, more darkness and torches that barely lit anything. "Should we head back?" he asked Thev. "Or tell them to catch up?"

It wasn't like there was much back where they'd come from, either, apart from the large empty cage...  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm
He rubbed at the back of his armored neck some more before he nodded a little at Davii, "Yeah let's just regroup. Ain't nothin' out here of use - muchless more monsters." Theta Seven shifted his shoulders a bit, "besides it never hurts to try and get a look around, right? Know your surroundings a bit..."

The male started to head back toward the others as best as he could. There was no real sense in calling the others to them. It was just as dangerous there as it was anywhere else. He just hated waiting for the next thing to pop out to claw his masked face off.

Ugh.

"They really seem to like you a lot Deli, must be some perfume you're wearin'," it was a light tease at the Delta because he'd apparently been attacked at least twice since the whole thing started.  

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

Mediciner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:23 pm
"Cologne? Heh . . ."

Deli stood their panting and staring at the area where the creature had been - where his fist currently was. Solid, and then giving way . . . He dropped his hand and wiped away invisible sweat from his brow before turning to Davii. "Fit as a fiddle! " he chirped, putthing his thumb up. Still, though, he unslung his backpack and fished out the first aid kit.

"Still, though, better safe then sorry. Thing took a bit out of me, and who knows how much more we got . . ." He bandaged himself up as quickly and precisely as he could before putting the kit back in his backpack, zipping it closed, and re-slinging it back on.

"S'far as I'm concerned, better to keep going . . . Maybe that's where we'll find the end a'this."

[[ Used his first aid kit! 1 use is left! ]]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:30 pm
Delta Seven followed Thev back to the others. Staying in one place was boring, but their attempt at exploration hadn't shown anything new, either. Might as well take a break while they could.

"There might not be an 'end', if you eam an exit," Delta Seven sighed. "That Reaper guy was pretty confident we weren't getting out without his help - which isn't coming til tomorrow."

The reaper could have been lying. But Delta Seven didn't think it was a matter of 'escaping'. That'd probably just make the reaper mad and then they'd all fall to his glowing blue scythe.

"Anything unusual about the cage?" he asked, once he could see Deli and Theta-One again. He wasn't about to walk inside it - hi, trap much? - but instead paced around the outside of it. He poked at the metal. "Wonder what was in it?"

Was this how they'd gotten the monsters down here? Were there any clues about what it used to hold?  

kalindara

Mediciner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:38 pm
At the mention of the cage, Deli turned to look at the decrepit, bent thing. "Eheh . . . Not going near it, sorry," he said as he tested his movement with the applied bandages. "Dammit, is this a war or not? This soldier wants his booze!"

And then he laughed a little, an odd sound in the almost muffling darkness.

"What's got me wondering is what this place used to be. Grim said it was better a week ago or sommat . . . Cage makes me think maybe a nasty supernatural vet's place. Or a very bad zoo."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm
"Maybe the big, bad monster that was meant to be here escaped," Delta Seven suggested. "And that's why he's pissed, 'cause our doom isn't so certain anymore."

Though the idea that there was monsters that not even these freaks could control was worrying. What was too tough for someone who could control Death and hell ponies?

He chuckled a little as Deli refused to go anywhere near the cage. "Yeah, with your luck today that might be best. Just get yourself bandaged up." Unsaid was 'before something else comes along'.  

kalindara

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:50 pm
Theta Seven watched as Deli and Davii meandered about the cage-type thing and discussed it for a long moment and then he tilted his head to the side. Was he feeling gutsy? Not really but it could be worse, "Who knows what was in it, maybe we're supposed to get something in it? Or maybe if we step inside the real cage match would begin...Or it's just there because they didn't bother to move it."

Yep a bunch of Einsteins up in here.

He moved tentatively closer toward it and hummed lightly, "Sitting around and just talking about what might be isn't getting us anywhere - I wonder how much time passed already..."

It was hard to say considering their location. "Booze would be kinda nice..."  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:02 pm
"What, a guy takes on one after another and all he gets is concern?" Deli joked. "Where's the respect? Where's my medal?"

Where's my pendant? the voice purred, and then stilled once more.

"And what you talking about, Thev? Booze is right here!" He raised his hand as if holding a shot glass, and indicated the area before him. "You three better grab some before I guzzle it all down. And mind you, I can and will."

Maybe Deli was a bit high on the recovering. Or maybe he was just trying to keep the mood up as well as he could - through more jokes and playing pretend.

What was he, five?

(( DAMMIT GAIA ATE MY ORIGINAL POST. >8| Also I must sleep, see you guys tomorrow! ))

Mediciner

kalindara

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:14 pm
"Invisible booze is the only kind getting through the masks, you got that part right, Deli."

Delta Seven had assumed Deli was still joking. It suited the little he knew of the other Delta, which was mostly assigning people nicknames and faking a lisp at Thev up above.

Delta Seven wouldn't mind a beer himself, right about now. But they had bigger concerns. Even if they still did feel hunger or thirst (and what was up with that, he hadn't felt hungry all day), he wasn't about to risk taking the gasmask off. It wouldn't surprise him if there was some kind of biological weapon at play here. It might explain the monsters - perhaps they were merely mutants from a nuclear fallout or something.

"I almost wish the Reaper was back," he muttered. At least they might get some info on what the hell was going on out of him.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 89 90 91 92 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff