Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Demon Horse Rider

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:05 pm
Aside from cons and the awesome Halloween.. I sometimes get all cosplayed out on special occasions/holidays..though I'm really shy(& the rude people don't help) so yeah but I think it's fun. Though I reaally want to do this, once I finish my quad suit/partials, I want to go walk around like outside my house(maybe up the block to my grandma's) 3nodding
Oh and I don't know if this exactly counts..maybe..but I know the day before the con I'm going to, me & my brother will have a small photo shoot and walk around our driveway for a bit XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:41 pm
Scientifically Erotic
Anyone ever cosplayed just for the heck of it? Nothing really involved like a con or meet up? Just randomly throwing something on and walking to the grocery store ever happen to you? Tell us your stories or ideas here. ^_^

So next Friday a bunch of Japanese School girls are coming to my school to stay with some host families for the weekend. (which I think is a terribly short time) I told my friend who adores school girls because of the fact you usually only see them in series. XD So I was invited by a friend to come along to bowling with them after school. I told my other friend and asked if she'd like to come. She said she'd dress as a school girl if she did and then she outburst with "No I'll wear cosplay! We should both wear cosplay! They'll understand what we're doing." I was like "They might even know what series it is." XD

Does this seem like a good idea? To randomly go hang with a bunch of school girls while wearing cosplay and your bowling? cool
you should do it!!! It sounds like a lot of fun I thought I was the only one to wear my cosplay outside of cons! ^^  

the-fluffy-angel

inky_T.A.E.

Dapper Conventioneer

9,500 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Expert Skill 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:28 pm
iZanami-oKami
Do it! Cosplay is something that should be done when ever possible. Even if theres no reason, it should still be done XD Besides, nothings funnier then getting someone who gives you a weird look, and going completely in-character to them >D Priceless.

I love the stares! eek heart xd
I've done it for anime club, halloween, and once for a random cosplay gathering at the mall. Even when it's for a con, when my friends and I leave to eat (at the mall, some fast food place, ect.), it's so hard for me not to burst out laughing when the non- con people give us those funny looks. Sometimes I get looks, and questions from people (only like 38 to 78 year olds so far though and nobody who recognizes it, which seems weird to me) for just wearing my gaia omnomnom hat.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:20 pm
I love random cosplaying. My friends and i are in a cosplay group together so well get together randomloy and do cosplay photoshoots and stuff. It's fun. We are planning on going to the mall on of these days in full Organization XIII cosplay. XD  

B10ndevamp

LovelyLadyAurora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:33 pm
I would like to cosplay out in public for once with my friends. I want to cosplay and go bowling. ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm
ATTENTION ALL SYDNEY COSPLAYERS
This Saturday at Darling Harbour Sydney is holding a Japanese summer festival. It is at Palm Grove startin at 11 AM and finishing at 10 PM. It is goin to have Japanese folk dancing and music, taiko drumming, sumo and karate demonstrations, anime cosplay parade and more. So, Sydney cosplayers be sure to be there in full force. surprised  

Skyra123456

2,750 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200

Sweet Trixie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:12 pm
Hm... Never really tried it. I suppose there was this one time at Anime Banzai '08, I was dressed as Mew Mew Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew. It was about dinner time, and I decided I was getting hungry. So my dad (who I couldn't force to dress up unfortunately) and I went to Crown Burger, and we were the only ones there then from the con. People were looking at me funny. It's a lot of fun, but only because I know I won't see most of those people ever again.

Also, this probably doesn't count, but on my friends birthday me and him and a few other friends went to Gateway, and I had on a cat-ear headband the whole day. But no one noticed, because one of the guys with us had brought his entire Mario costume. We went to GameStop just so people could look at the costume. XD It was an awesome day.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:15 pm
I do sometimes. Like when I go to Little Tokyo or just hanging around at my house.  

Sachi Kitsune

Nightmarish Fantasy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:20 pm
I've gone in to my work a few times to visit wearing wigs. My bos just shakes his head and laughs. He knows I cosplay. He lets us cosplay for halloween so I did last time since I had to work.

Then, last December, I had a winter-y Miku cosplay which was like, a short skirt and thigh-high socks, and after the gathering I went to, I went over to my work in my costume (I just took off my Miku pig-tails).

A couple weeks ago I went to the mall in my Miku wig minus tails and people didn't really stare. It was almost like they wanted to ignore the weirdness xD Except these dumb high school girls. In retrospect, I wish I would have said something to them to make them feel stupid for staring.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:51 pm
meh I don't really cosplay outside of Cons. Only because I don't think my cosplays are good enough yet. I c the occasional cosplayers at Little Tokyo including some of my friends. I only wear my chappy hat (rabbit from bleach) I want 2 go in my Junk Warrior cosplay as soon as I finish it. XD  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

II_Distraught_Opera_II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:02 pm
I cosplay a lot outside of cons like when me and my friends go to the movies or sometimes when i go to the grocery store and me and my friends have made a tradition of cosplaying on the last day of school its really fun gets a lot of attention though but i enjoy it even if the attention is not always positive...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:30 pm
it would be cool, some people might support you. biggrin you'll never know xp  

Ultima Cloud Cosmos

Nightmarish Fantasy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:12 pm
My dream is to get elf ears and red contacts and wear them to the mall around christmas and tell all the little children that if they don't do their chores and eat their vegetables, they'll look like me xD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:18 pm
My best friend and I did a silly Hunter cosplay just for running around being dumb.
Anyway, we walked into Fred Mayer the day we made it.
XD It was like a million degrees in the summer, so it was a bad idea...
So, besides all the weird looks, the best quote of the day was this one lady walked by us then whipsered to her friend, "Oh my! Those poor girls are done up in duct tape..."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

We've also worn our very intensely bright yellow Kagamine (len and Rin) wigs to school. XD Before they were styled they passed as real hair. Two of my teachers thought I dyed my hair that colour and freaked out.
Then we went into 7-11, and a girl asked to take our picture.
XD A week later, I was in a store and a lady walked up to me and was like "Did you have yellow hair a few weeks ago?" Then showed me the picture her daughter took of my friend and I...
She told me she was sad I dyed my hair back.

(Also, sorry about the huge picture. Couldnt find a better one.)  

Kausa

methuselah.alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:34 pm
On the way to a con, my friend sent me inside to pay for gas while I was dressed as Edward Elric. I was embarrassed, not because I was in cosplay, but because I walked into the wrong door and wound up not in the gas station, and had to turn around and run next door.

Another time, coming home from a con, we stopped at Denny's. I was Ed again, one friend was Genesis Rhapsodos, I believe, and the other had an Orginization XIII robe on. We were a couple hours from the con and in the middle of nowhere, so we got some weird looks from all the old peoples. lol

The only time I think I've cosplayed totally outside of cons was when I went with my friend and her boyfriend at the time to the mall. I was Naruto, she was L, and he was Edward Cullen. lol Some people were very mean, like the people who worked in Spencer's who stopped us at the door and told us to not even come in if we weren't gonna be serious. We were very offended and didn't bother checking the store, though all three of us had bags from other stores from earlier purchases. Some people were really nice and asked for pictures of or with us, though.  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff