Welcome to Gaia! ::

Salburg Cathedral - The Official Gust Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Atelier, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia & Gust Games Guild 

Tags: Atelier, Ar tonelico, Mana Khemia, Gust, alchemist 

Reply Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild
Discussion: Atelier Series (General) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kaito_adrian_shigure
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:53 am
Dear Lise....

How in hell can I help you pay a debt of 100000000.............

~Kai playing Atelier Lise~  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:52 pm
I downloaded it yesterday. ^_^  

Palsa-San
Crew

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:12 pm
RPGamer has announced a new alchemists game coming out for the DS called "The Alchemist of Lemuol".
However, it is not a Gust title or Atelier game.
Go to page>>>  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:36 pm
*SIGH*

Rip off companies...  

kaito_adrian_shigure
Crew

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:05 pm
True.
If their going to copy Gust's idea, then they should at least make it up to the originals standards.
I don't really care if it's another alchemy creation game, but they shouldn't title it as "Alchemist of", since Gust already has Alchemist of Salburg, Alchemist of Gramnad, Alchemist of Al-Revis, etc.
Technically speaking, "Alchemist of" can be considered as another way of saying "Atelier Series".
Giving it the same title will only create confusion and conflict.
Unless of course, several of the people involved in the games creation are past Gust employee's.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 pm
Palsa-San
True.
If their going to copy Gust's idea, then they should at least make it up to the originals standards.
I don't really care if it's another alchemy creation game, but they shouldn't title it as "Alchemist of", since Gust already has Alchemist of Salburg, Alchemist of Gramnad, Alchemist of Al-Revis, etc.
Technically speaking, "Alchemist of" can be considered as another way of saying "Atelier Series".
Unless of course, several of the people involved in the games creation are past Gust employee's.

Right but until we have further details, we have to keep quite. Fandom starts trouble this way.  

kaito_adrian_shigure
Crew

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 2:32 pm
kaitoshigure
Palsa-San
True.

Right but until we have further details, we have to keep quite. Fandom starts trouble this way.

Also true. ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 pm
Since there isn't much details, I can't really say much at all~

It's reasonable to argue about the title aspects, but in a way, the "Alchemist of" titles seem (at least to me, in my opinion..) to be secondary to the "Atelier" titles. =
Ahaha... I can't make up any coherent arguments but that above seems to justify the title's upbringing in another company.  

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:28 pm
The thought has occurred to me that it might also just be the English title of the game.
If I were the games creator, I would never have given it the name "Alchemist of", it's really easy to be sued for using the title from someone else's work.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:22 pm
Palsa-San
The thought has occurred to me that it might also just be the English title of the game.
If I were the games creator, I would never have given it the name "Alchemist of", it's really easy to be sued for using the title from someone else's work.

Yeah~ there are plenty of ways to refer to the "alchemist" aspect than this method. No one wants to get sued nor is it smart to try out something that has the possibility of being sued.
Anyway... we'll just have to wait and see what turns out.  

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

kaito_adrian_shigure
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:24 pm
I might have a sort of new explanation to this.

It may be possible that this game is made by some developers of the Atelier series who had quit Gust.... Though low probability.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:52 am
kaitoshigure
I might have a sort of new explanation to this.

It may be possible that this game is made by some developers of the Atelier series who had quit Gust.... Though low probability.

It's kind of low since there's no disclosed information that might make this a possibility... but it's still a thought nonetheless~  

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:54 pm
I actually already mentioned that possibility, but yeah, it's possible. sweatdrop
But I'd imagine that there would be some mention of it if that were the case.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:19 pm
Palsa-San
I actually already mentioned that possibility, but yeah, it's possible. sweatdrop
But I'd imagine that there would be some mention of it if that were the case.

Whoops.. maybe that went over my head or something. Sorry. ^^;;
For now.. we'll just have to wait and see for further development on the game and stuff.  

Asashikka
Captain

Melodious Muse

Palsa-San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:31 pm
Even if it's not a Gust game, I'd still buy it if it's released here.
Though official Gust titles will always be first on my list. ^_^  
Salburg Cathedral - The Official Atelier and Ar tonelico Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces