Submit

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:19 pm
I haven't seen new Necrons Codex, last one i saw was around 5-6 yrs ago, i'm not even sure which ed. it was. But what i want to say, that i had an oportunity to play with my Tau against Necrons, and i didn't find them very hmm hard opponent. Maybe it was my versus fault, but still.

Other thing is, i think Necrons are not enough customizable for me, tho i know that they have to look mostly every one same and same.

But i wouldn't argue if i could have 3 or 4 for my own, so i can add them to my collection smile  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:00 pm
Wodzu
I haven't seen new Necrons Codex, last one i saw was around 5-6 yrs ago, i'm not even sure which ed. it was. But what i want to say, that i had an oportunity to play with my Tau against Necrons, and i didn't find them very hmm hard opponent. Maybe it was my versus fault, but still.

Other thing is, i think Necrons are not enough customizable for me, tho i know that they have to look mostly every one same and same.

But i wouldn't argue if i could have 3 or 4 for my own, so i can add them to my collection smile

Not at all, I seen a few very customizable. Could have a "rising" army where tey are literally coming out of the ground or places. I seen some being scarp yard works, where they had many attachments as if they were in a junk yard or something.  

NoUsedAnymore

Vampire

Wodzu

Aged Hunter

4,250 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • PvP 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 am
Dark Master Steel
Wodzu

Not at all, I seen a few very customizable. Could have a "rising" army where tey are literally coming out of the ground or places. I seen some being scarp yard works, where they had many attachments as if they were in a junk yard or something.

Well, the 'problem' might be that i never had any Necrons for myself wink
Maybe in the futture i'll buy set of f/e Warriors and work on them a bit smile

For now i'm working on my Dreadknight smile  
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 8:55 pm
Am I the only one who thinks this guy:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Is pretty much just this guy?:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

SPESS MEHREEN

Versatile Gekko

5,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Brandisher 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:35 pm
I'm playing a 1000pt game against Necrons on Thursday, anyone have tips for playing against them?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:19 pm
Well I got my a** handed to me in one game, haha! Those Annihilation Barges are no joke, and between Arcing and the extra hits for 6s, they tore me apart. Hard to touch them too, since they get AV13 until a penetrating hit is scored... I really need to step up my anti-tank.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Br0metheus

Invisible Lunatic

7,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:33 pm
Yeah...That sounds about right, with my Marines I popped one Barge and Doomsday Arks pretty quick but got torn up by his close combat HQ and squad. Those things get nasty when they arc off of all your units.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:20 pm
Aw man... I was out of town and didn't see the post here. Out of curiosity, what did your opponent's army consist of, and what army did you go against him/her with?

For future reference, unless your opponent is packing Wraiths, Spyders, or a tricked-out Over/Destroyer Lord, necrons tend to melt in melee. Even their vehicles: excepting the Monolith, all of their vehicles are only AV11 when you face them in melee (Quantum Shielding only affects the side/front), so you can krak them to death.

Though I'm one of those gits who runs Wraiths, Spyders, and a tricked-out Over/Destroyer Lord, so this generally doesn't affect me much... keep it in mind, though, for people who aren't me!  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:52 pm
Incidentally... I should note something. Necrons in assault? Hilarious. Necrons beating Blood Angels in assault? Awesome!

User Image

We may not have been able to legally place the skimmer stand, but the situation was hilarious, and my Overlord paid for a failed Dangerous Terrain check on the charge with Symbiotic Repair, so we ran with it.

The kicker is that I had three Spyders in the ground floor, (you can juuuust see their legs and one of the stands at the bottom of the picture) and we agreed that the ruins were too fragile for the beasties to climb up to the second floor. So, his Tac Marines climbed up to the second (and later 3rd) floor where none of my Spyders could get to them. My Overlord proceeded to kill 3-4 Tac Marines in melee, and they failed their leadership check. However, because the Spyders were right underneath the Blood Angels, they couldn't escape and the unit was destroyed, as per the Trapped rules. In the end, the Spyders still ate the marines.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:12 am
Ociluce
Aw man... I was out of town and didn't see the post here. Out of curiosity, what did your opponent's army consist of, and what army did you go against him/her with?

For future reference, unless your opponent is packing Wraiths, Spyders, or a tricked-out Over/Destroyer Lord, necrons tend to melt in melee. Even their vehicles: excepting the Monolith, all of their vehicles are only AV11 when you face them in melee (Quantum Shielding only affects the side/front), so you can krak them to death.

Though I'm one of those gits who runs Wraiths, Spyders, and a tricked-out Over/Destroyer Lord, so this generally doesn't affect me much... keep it in mind, though, for people who aren't me!
Hmm, he had a Lord on foot, 3 Warrior squads (7-ish per squad), a Deathmark squad, a flyer (the crescent-shaped one), two Annihilation Barges, and a squad of 6 Wraiths (3 with the whip-things that reduce base-to-base enemies to I1). I had the list I posted over in the Army Lists thread, 1000pts Tyranids.

And  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff