Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:31 am
That would be much more appropriate though I do like Wedge a bit more.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:35 am
Flamer42
That would be much more appropriate though I do like Wedge a bit more.
yeah. I'm not A Fel fan either. why is it there aren't any famous rebel soldiers? its always the pilots. I guess fighters are just more glamerous than solderring, but for once i'd like a story about a rebel infantryman  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:39 am
This is true....you don't hear about the troops very often. It is always the starfighter Jocks or the Jedi/Sith. Maybe you could write a story about an infantry man in some battle during the course of the Galactic Civil War or something.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:42 am
Flamer42
This is true....you don't hear about the troops very often. It is always the starfighter Jocks or the Jedi/Sith. Maybe you could write a story about an infantry man in some battle during the course of the Galactic Civil War or something.
I did do a story about a team of Rebel Specforce Infiltrators. and after reading Bill Mauldin's cartoons, I think I might do that.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 9:59 am
Page's commandos...though they arent featured much  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 10:03 am
Yeah, that came up in my mind also but they were never talked about that much like you said. I can't really think of anybody being an infantry man and being talked about a lot.  

Flamer42

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:05 am
well remember that a lot of the rebel forces had to double as both. and even then the majority of battles were space battles. land battles didnt occur too much though speciel forces and infiltration type of stuff did.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:35 pm
Tiderion
well remember that a lot of the rebel forces had to double as both. and even then the majority of battles were space battles. land battles didnt occur too much though speciel forces and infiltration type of stuff did.
not as much as you would think. there was a reason they were called the REBEL Alliance. most of them opperated on the Cell level.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:10 pm
I would say that the imperials had the advantage on the ground...but in space you had to deal with the rebels and their shields.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:37 pm
Flamer42
I would say that the imperials had the advantage on the ground...but in space you had to deal with the rebels and their shields.
TIEs had their advantages over "Wing" fighters. Speed, Maneuverability, and their lasers had a greater rate of fire. also, unlike the fixed cannons on Wing fighters, the ties could cover a wide fire arc. the emitters in their laser could be aimed.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Flamer42

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:42 pm
I did not know that part. but the ability to aim you laser is only good if you have a good defense in my mind. Otherwise the time you spend getting a shot aimed and fired will get you fired.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 2:50 pm
Flamer42
I did not know that part. but the ability to aim you laser is only good if you have a good defense in my mind. Otherwise the time you spend getting a shot aimed and fired will get you fired.
not with the high standard of imperial fire control computers.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:45 pm
CaleDarksun
Tiderion
not as much as you would think. there was a reason they were called the REBEL Alliance. most of them opperated on the Cell level.
yeah thats what i said... rebels frequently were both troopers and pilots. on ground the rebels would be wiped out in a standard battle against imperial forces. imperials have both numbers and superior fire power on the ground. rebels in space hold a decent chance cause many are both excellent pilots (sometimes thanks to imperial training) and their tactics are impressive. despite conditioning, uniformity doesnt aide a soldier on he battlefield always. the majority of ground combat and even space combat are raids and other special ops type of stuff. and actually bail organa and mon mothma brought the rebel cells together a year or two before ANH making the Rebel ALLIANCE. there were cells like talon karrde's in later years, garm bel iblis's during the majority of the conflict. groups like lieutenant page's became full outfits in the alliance though they frequently operated on their own.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:52 pm
we all know the outcome of Rebels vs. Imperials though....

Rebels just kick more a**...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 6:57 pm
CaleDarksun
TIEs had their advantages over "Wing" fighters. Speed, Maneuverability, and their lasers had a greater rate of fire. also, unlike the fixed cannons on Wing fighters, the ties could cover a wide fire arc. the emitters in their laser could be aimed.
it really depends on how you stack them up. standard ties onyl have good z axis maneuvrability. notice how they roll A LOT. their speed is modestly up with most rebel fighters. rebels have superior fire power and shields and hyperdrive to escape with. and when you place an a-wing with the tie interceptor they are very equal. also note that there is a pretty high grade targetting computer on ties but rebels have an astormech droid. both sides have what is called 20degree fire zones. and even so a-wings have a high field of fire. x-wings do not. standard tie/lns do not. tie interceptors have a modest field of fire. so it really depends. check out the essential guide to vehicles for more.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 52 53 54 55 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff