Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Rynith's Teepee (Malis Vitterfolk) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:26 pm
Cravings and what now? - Immi and Tohopka

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The sun was rising along the mountain pass, long bright tendrels filling in the crevices and gullys before reaching across the green field. Immi watched as the light fingers reached for her unable to sleep for the large weight on her belly. She sighed a little and shook her head, the flowers on her mane tossed back and forth with her motions. Bending down she taisted the morning dew upon the slender leaves of grass before smiling down at the bulge between her legs. A sudden movement within had alerted her to the burden of life she was currently carrying. Sighing once more, Immi took a few steps and considered setteling down for a small nap. She wasn't quite sure if they babies would be crushed so decided to stay upright a little longer, ahh but if they would only stop moving inside, if only for a little while so she could catch some sleep...

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Venturing away from the teepee once again, Tohopka eventually came across a field. Seeing the sun creep over the mountains, he stopped and watched it. After a moment or so, he looked away, so not to harm his orange eyes and walked a bit further. It wasn't too long until he spotted a figure in the distance. With a snort, he continued on, taking in more as the figure became more and more distinguishable. In fact, it was familiar. It was the mare he met before... but, how'd she get so... round?

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Immi spotted the stallion and clumbsily got up to greet him. "Hello there, didn't expect to see you today. How have you been?" She had seen hin only in passing since the last time and had grown considerably between times. The sun had started it's ascent into the sky and so she angled herself so that they both could talk comfortable without worrying about the glare of the sun. Both their shadows stretched out before them across the medow while the light breeze grew warmer from the sun's rays. The burgandy mare shifted on her hooves slightly, a lot more heavier that before and so prancing around was quite out of the question.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka walked over to the mare to greet her, noticing her having trouble getting to her feet. He nodded his head to her. "Hello again. I have been well and yourself?" He asked, watching her curiously as she shifted as the sun continued to rise. Did she really eat so much during their last meeting? He just didn't understand how she got so round, but he wouldn't question her about it... he didn't want to be rude.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Imogen smiled lightly and blushed slightly. She could sense the other's curiosity and wasn't quite sure how to broach the subject. She though about what had happened the last time they had met, not entirely quite sure if her recollection was correct. Though as heavy as she was now the burgandy mare was sure it had been that moment. "I have been fine Tohopka, though a little tired as of recent. I..." She paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "I believe I am carrying children... Children that I believe are partly yours." There it was out in the open, Immi held her breath as she waited to see what his reacton might be and hoped that it wasn't too bad.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
The striped male listened to her as she spoke to him. He nodded when she had told him that she has been well, albeit tired. It was when she told him that she was with his child that his eyes widened and he stepped back some. He glanced over her stomach again... that would explain why she was so large now, but has it really been that long since they've last seen each other? "Can you be certain of that?"

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I... I am positive." Immi blushed slightly and looked down towards the ground. She wasn't used to talking about such personal subjects as this, but then again, he was already involved personally. Imogen took a deep breath and shook her head. "No... I haven't done anything with anyone else that could... I mean I haven't really been too social since." The usually eloquent soquili stumbled upon her words. She had been quite the recluse since their last meeting, first working on her songs and then because she had felt so ill... and then she had grown so large that traveling long distances was an issue and her two-legger didn't live very close to the general populace.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka was still shocked about this, but he didn't seem to express it any further than his initial reaction. Besides, she seemed to have the worse end of this 'deal'. With a small chuffle, he moved closer to her and rested his head softly on her back, rubbing it softly. "Well... whatever the situation may be. Be the children mine or not, I will be there to help."

Malis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. His reaction calmed her embarrassment and she leaned up against him for support, mentally as well as a little physically. Something deep within her felt like it would burst and she felt more uncomfortable than ever as one of the foals wiggled slightly and seemed to turn around. Immi shifted her weight and tried to get a better position, splaying her legs and reaching her head down. She felt her breath coming out in little pouts and wondered if that heat she felt meant something else. The burgundy mare let out a low whinny she felt the tightening of her belly and was worried. If only her two-legger was here, the healer would know what to do.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
He remained sturdy when she leaned against him, still chuffling softly. It was when she shifted her hooves' positions and started to breath awkwardly that started to worry him. He hoped it wasn't what he thought it was, he wouldn't know how to handle it or what to do. A bit nervously, he asked. "A-are you alright?"

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:20 am
Cravings and what now? - Immi and Tohopka (part 2)

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I... don't... know..." Her sides heaved with the next surge of squeezings that seemed to want to push everything out. Was it time? What that what was happening? She whinnied again as another wave of pain crossed over here making her vision swim. "The two-legger... he... would... know..." She had to pause and gasp for breath, not sure how Tohopka would be able to find Rynith or even if he would be any help. Closing her eyes once more she spread her legs wider, feeling a little kick inside as the children shifted. Her consentration was drawing ever inwards as she tried to coach herself into keeping upright.

Rynith had heard the call over the plain, luckily carried by the wind. He had been in the area anyways knowing that Imogen might be close but wasn't sure he had pinpointed the right location. Working his way closer he wasn't sure he would make it before anything happened as he was carrying two large baskets and a few warm blankets but the native hoped that he would at least be able to take care of things after.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Trying to remain calm, the stallion took in a deep breath. It didn't help too much, this was too new to him, slowly backing away from the mare. He was torn; it was between staying and helping her, running off to find her two-legger, or just running away and leaving her to fend for herself. The latter was obviously not the best choice, nor was the second option. In her current condition, she would be easy prey for a wolf, lion or even one of those malicious soquili. With that, he walked back to her and nuzzled softly at her belly, chuffling into it as he carefully nudged at it.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Thankful for his attentions she leaned against him as best she could as she felt the preasure release for a moment with a sudden jolt. A slippery form had appeared between her legs and she looked back to nuzzel it, instinct taking over suddenly. The pink striped form of the newborn lay shivering on the ground. Licking the foal and encouraging it to get up and take a few steps, Immi saw Rynth come close with a hand out streached and nickered softly. It was then she felt the next push come over her and she bent her head back down as the pain started comming again.

Rynith came slowly closer, hoping not to startle either the mare or the stallion she was with. He could tell she was giving birth and gasped when the foal's leg slipped out followed quickly by the foal it'self. Letting Immi know he was there and he was here to help with soft crooning noises, he skirted around the outside of the pair and lighjtly covered the newborn with a blanket to clean it off before placing it gently into one of the baskets nearby to protect it. He would have to go to the village to let them know the good news soon but for now... Rynith turned back towards mare to wait for the next one.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka remained by her side, watching as she continued to push the foal out from her. When it finally fell to the ground, he slowly stepped up to it and sniffed at it curiously. It was a boy, and by what he could tell, had his stripes. As the foal began to wobble about on its legs, he noticed the two-legger approaching them. He snorted defensively at him, watching him carefully as he walked around and began to handle his son. The stallion was about to do something, but when Immi started having the same 'symptoms' as before, he jumped back some. 'There's more?!'

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The second one was much easier on Immi and soon she stood with legs quivering. The little dark burgandy filly was a small bundle on the ground and with the mare's encouragement got up for a moment and toddled a few steps before falling back down. A soft nicker and she was back on her feet. and Immi looked proudly at Tohopka before leaning back down, her chest still heaving. The rest was simple compaired to what she had just gone through and it wasn't until after that she felt Rynith's prescence as he worked on cleaning up the last of the after birth and placing the little filly into her own basket.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
After the second foal arrived, Tohopka waited to see if there was anymore coming. When he saw no signs of another, he walked to where the baskets were placed, sniffing at the striped one as the two legger put the top on the other. Chuffling softly into both basket lids so the foals inside would get accustomed with him. Once he was through with that, he lifted his head back up and looked back to Imogen. "So, what are we to do with them?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Why keep them of course." Immi leaned up against Tohopka feeling drained. She nickered towards Rynith and then bent down to snuffle at the baskets as he moved away and let the two soquili inspect the woven protection. "I'm not quite sure how to do it but I'm sure I can work out something." Immi was partially talking to herself as if to reasure her mind that things were going to be ok. Leaning her head across his shoulders the dancer smiled and wispered. "Congratulations Daddy... or at least I guess that's what you should be called now." She wasn't unhappy that it was him, there had been a few pleasent swims and chats. Imogen was sure that there would be more in the future also.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
He nodded when she said that they would keep them, chuffling softly as she leaned against him once again. He sniffed at the baskets once again, slowly getting over and understanding what just happened. He was now a father and had to be responsible for something other than himself. That would be a problem... but hopefully, not too much of one as he nuzzled Imogen's head lightly. "Congratulations to you as well Mother." He replied, before finally asking. "So... who keeps which?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Immi grew thoughtful for a moment knowing it would be better if one took a basket and the other took one rather than trying to take care of both together. She lightly grazed on a strand of hair that had come out of her bundle on the top of her head and leaned up against Tohopka. "I've always though of having a son, would you mind if I took care of him?" Her mind wandered a little as she though of teaching how to dance and maybe even sing and she hoped he would like such things. A frown of worry came upon her as she though of all the things that was needed to keep the foals safe, was she even ready for this?

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka stood tall when she leaned against him once again, glancing down to her then to the baskets. "No, I do not mind. And I shall tend to the female... since she looks so much like you. I'll have myself a little reminder of the beautiful mare everytime I look at her." He told her softly. Of course, he didn't know what he was getting into, never taken care of a foal before, but he figured it wouldn't be too hard.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Immi blushed deeply when she heard him complement her. "And who knows, maybe our son will grow to me a charmer just like you." She felt tired but at the same time a warm glow emanated out from her. She had just produced something beautiful with the help of the stallion who was partially holding her up. There was a connection between them that could never be broken and for this she was grateful. For the first time in her life she felt complete and whole. So this is what it feels like to be a mother...

~ La Fin ~

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 11:33 am
OOC: Baskets! - Immi and Tohokpa

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -Eyes the two legger petting one of his baskets, but generally remains where he was-

Malis Delnaria
Immi: *skips around happy to not be so heavy before nudging the two legger away from her baskets*

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -Watches Immi skip about, flicking his tail lightly as she 'shooed' away the two-legger-

Malis Delnaria
Immi: Snorts lightly onto the baskets so the foals inside can easily smell her and then whinnies towards Tohopka

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -He chuffles back to her, curious of what she wanted-

Malis Delnaria
Immi: *nudges one of the baskets a little closer to him and then smiles before sitting down and curling up around the closer basket*

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -Glances at the basket before walking to it and inspecting it closer.-

Malis Delnaria
Immi: *Chuffles gently as she leans against her basket and closes her eyes to rest*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:31 pm
Baskets arn't edible? - Malis and Imogen

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis was board... soooooo board... She wandered off the beaten path and made her way towards the rocky outcropping. A quiet day and an event quieter evening and here the sun was making it's goodnights and nothing had happened all day. She felt like nothing had been accomplished and a restless spirit seemed to claim her. Kicking a small round river-rock she watched it as it bounced streight and true between two bushes. Pausing for a moment the troll glanced along the ground and spotted another perfect candidate. Suddenly launching it with her hoof the blue mare aimed for the same two bushes and was gratified to see it skitter between them once again. Now this was something interesting... The slight challange she made herself increased as she began to look for harder targets.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Immi nuzzeled her basket lightly as she enjoyed the evening air. She was waiting for her two legger to come back so they could make there way back to the teepee. The burgandy mother sighed lightly hoping that fortune would smile upon her. What ever came out of that basket she was sure would be precious to her but after seeing some of the other soquili children she hoped that her child would not be like one of those kelona foals. A light shudder tickled along her back as she considered the possibilities. Surely only other Kelona produce kelona children, they wern't regular foals cursed by misfortune were they? She nuzzeled her basket once more as a small stone came sailing over her head landing near her with a thud.

Immi jumped up, wincing as her belly was jostled; she wasn't completely healed from the birthing event. Her ears turning around frantically, Immi searched for the direction her assaliant was lurking. The last thing she wanted was to loose her baby to vermin or hunters. Eyes wide and alert she looked around for any danger.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. A sudden movement below caught the trolls attention and she made her way around the outcropping she had been aiming for to investigate. "Oh Heya I-moh-gan. Whatcha got there? Ya be hoarding apples in that ther basket?" Malis knew of the burgandy mare's fondness of the tart fruit. The troll moved her head close to the woven container and sniffed a sweet smell coming from inside. "Ah bet ya have enough for t' both of us an' a few more beside. Why don'tcha share now? Ah can even take care of t' basket so ya don' have t' carry it back to t' teepee," she added helpfully. Malis would eat almost anything when she had decided it might be tasty enough and that basket smelled really nice.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Certainly not!" Immi looked at the troll in alarm as she digested what Malis had been talking about. "There is no apples in this basket and NO! You can't eat what's inside 'cause that's my foal in there! My little one, who I will welcome into the world and not give out to the next creature who happens to have the munchies!" Snorting fiercely she stomped her foot hard onto the ground trying to look as serious as she could. While the troll and her got along most of the time, Immi thought the blue soquili was a little off her rocker sometimes. This event was not exception and there was no way she was going to let Malis get away with it.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll paused, thinking it odd for the normally mild-mannered, if insanely-happy-go-lucky, did a complete 180. "Well now Ah don't mean t' be causing no harm now. Ya just go a nice smellin' basket and Malis be wanting t' share in t' joy o' birthin' a little one. Didn't know ya be t' type for wanting t' raise hellions." Malis shook her head. "Ah know Ah not be t' zoo-keeper material. Ya are t' follow them every which way an' teach them how t' hunt an' though watchin t' first time your spawn takes a chunk out o' another little 'un will be a sight to see!" The troll grinned at Immi's discomfort. She thought only fools and people with too much time on their hands had mini spawn.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:46 pm
OOC: First time out RP - CandiFloss, Juliet and Cadance

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Looks to the other mare that approached her and tosses her mane- Greetings fellow thespian.

`Swirly
CandiFloss:: *Blinks* I'm not thespian.. I'm CandiFloss!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Holds her head high- It's a pleasure to meet you Lady CandiFloss. My name is Juliet!

`Swirly
CandiFloss:: *shakes the purple hank of hair out of her face* Well.. It is then a pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Juliet. *tries to talk like the filly*

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -She nods slightly- Indeed is. Now tell me, how are you this wonderful afternoon?

`Swirly
Flossy:: I am doing quite well.. Just still wobbling, you?

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: Aye, I am too trying to get use to these 'appendages' but I am doing supurb.

`Swirly
Flossy:: *giggles* Why are you so formal? You may just call me Flossy if you like.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Tilts her head slightly- Formal? It is just who I am. But very well, Flossy I shall call you. If you see fit, you may call me Julie.

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: Weeee!!! *skitters around as he turns around Immi's legs*

Immi: o_O! Don't get hurt now!

`Swirly
Flossy:: Welll I'm fine with that if it's you! I was just curious if you follow? So.. are you my friend? *hopeful*

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -Watches Juliet for a moment before turning to watch his son skitter around his mother's legs- ...

Juliet: Follow? Follow what pretell? -She asked, her head still slightly cocked. At the question of being Flossy's friend, she smiled proudly almost- Aye, this one is your friend.

`Swirly
Candifloss:: Oh.. I forgot the follow part but.. *rears up slightly and flips back her hair like her mother* Yay! Wanta play?

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: GERANIMO!!! *runs full pelt towards Tohopka*

Immi: *spots the filly and smiles* Welcome little one.

`Swirly
Flossy:: *Bats her eyes at Imo sweetly before squealing at the nearby-charging colt* Who is THAT? *blink*

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Payed no mind that the other had forgot what she wanted her to follow and watched as she reared up, backing up slightly- Play? What sort of play did you have in mind.

-Hearing another voice speak to her, she turned and gawked up to the mare- Why greetings to you as well!

Tohopka: -Blinks when the colt charged toward him, backing up slightly-

`Swirly
Flossy:: *settles slightly* Well.. I think we could run around or play pretend maybe.. I'm not very good at running yet...

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: *viers away when he nears his father and then spins around upon hearing Flossy's voice* Hi! I'm Cadance... I think?

Immi: *smiles back down at her and then up towards Tohopka*

`Swirly
Flossy:: *smiles at the colt lazily* Oh.. Well I'm CandiFloss, but your sister just calls me Flossy!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Tohopka: -Sighs softly when the foal turns away, looking back to Imogen and nodding his head in greeting.-

Juliet: Pretend sounds like a marvelous idea. -She exclaimed boastfully. When the colt spoke to them, she glanced to him- Don't you know of your own birthname your life givers gave you?

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: Heya Flossy! That's a fun name! *dances around Juliet* Heya Sissy... Hey that rhymes with Flossy! Sissy! Flossy! Sissy! Flossy! Sissyeeeeee!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -She watched her brother dance around her, rolling her eyes at his actions- You are such a plebeian.

Malis Delnaria
Candice: Peabrain? Hey... now that's not nice!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Quirks a brow at his comment, debating explaining it to him. She then figured not to, shrugging- Close enough.

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: *pouts* It's still not nice... *spots a ladybug on the grass* Ooooh what's that!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Simply shakes her head at her brother's quick change of interest- ...

Malis Delnaria

Cadance: *lady bug flies away* Awwww... It's gone... *looks up at Juliet* So whatcha wanna do?

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -She shrugs- At the matter, it does not matter to me.

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: *rolls on the ground* Ohhh! Lets play hide and seek!

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet: -Steps back as her sibling rolls about on the dirty ground, eyeing him like he was diseased- How does one play this, 'hide and seek'?

Malis Delnaria
Cadance: Well... first one of us counts to ummmm... 100 and then the other hidea and then I have to seek you out! *he gets up and shakes most of the dirt out of his mane into a cloud that surrounds him*

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:38 pm
T'was a... a... long and longer day? - Cadance and other foals

Quote:
Setting: Just south of the northern mountain range bordering the desert; not far from the Monster's Grove guarded by Azumoth. The forest is temperate, if a bit dry, and populated by tall firs and a sparse understory. The temperature is cool from the shade, but a stiff wind blows down from the peaks.

Celeanor
User Image

Stepping back; Muriel stared at the odd plant with obvious fear and the treacherous gleam of curiousity. Part of her wanted to nibble on the brightly colored petals; but Daddy had warned her about the bright colors in the forest.

"They are bright to warn you off Princess, so just admire them from afar and nibble on these." He had gone on to point out some rather dull looking leaves, and one delicious looking red berry... but the young filly didn't see any of those safer plants near this small yellow and pink banded flower.

Torn, she bent down and sniffed it again.

`Swirly
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faeolen was bored out of his brain. His dad was off and about and that was who he had decided to stick with for the next little while. Why hadn't he stayed at home to play with Finn and his mam? Oi... Now he was wandering around some big forest and hoping not to fall into some hole and be forgotten.

My.. Wasn't that just a cheery thought.

Up ahead something caught his eyes.. She.. it was a girl most likely since the thing was bigger than him but not by too too much. She was sniffing at a flower that his daddy and shoo'd him away from early, "Och! Don' eat that!"

Lovey was in the same area with her three babies. The only one she had an exact tab on was CandiFloss who usually didn't go too far away.. she preffered to jabber to someone that had to listen with at least one ear.

Lovey figured that her sisters all loved Flossy but sometimes too much talking made them wander off to be alone with their thoughts. Probably bad parenting to not be sure but they'd come around soon. As far as she had seen none were liable to just wander away for days on end.

User Image

Boredom. Her momma wouldn't say why precisely they had to walk through this forest something about a dad or some such. Bah.. She'd meet him soon enough. Why couldn't they go play in a meadow? Meadows were nice and usually just full of people that would play for hours on end.

Honey had gotten to wander off and be with Biscuit.. which worked for her. She liked being with her momma most of the time, they could girl-talk more most likely.

What had she been talking about?

A quick skip-hop of a step as both creamy ears flicked to the little black-teal colt. Who was he yelling at...?

Paramekia Darkheart
User Image

With a gurgle, the foal struggled up the slope alongside her father. Uncertain of her footing on the dusty and uneven surfaces, she frequently stumbled and creased her expression in concentration. She was only recently born, a couple of days old but as of yet her legs were still being rather disobedient in terms of what she wanted them to do.

Sure, she could walk but she stumbled more frequently than not to the point that she had finally decided that clinging to her dad's tail for balance was the best thing in the world - and she'd discovered it all herself. The tail was even the perfect height for her not to fall just as easily and even when she stumbled, her daddy managed to catch her.

He was a good daddy, just like her mummy was.

Nevertheless, it seemed that both had entered an area which was most certainly not the same as the Herd lands. It was directly on their borders but all the same... Why had daddy brought her here again? He'd said he wanted to let her meet someone but she wasn't entirely sure.

Strange, very strange.

It was only as the glimpse of another filly caught her attention that she released her father's tail and gave a squeal.

"Daddy! It's a nymph!" She trilled excitedly, causing her father to glance round.

Celeanor

Two tiny brown ears flicked up at the warning, followed by a pair of amber brown eyes widened in shock. Strangers? Here?

Subconciously the slightly older filly knew her daddy would not be pleased by the younger colt's presence, or of the rest she could now see approaching. But the subconcious was not a thing the youngling knew enough about to heed.

"I wasn't going too..." she drawled, hiding her shyness behind a stubborn pout and a deliberate sneeze on the plant. "Who are you anyway?" That came out a little bit harsher then she intended; and she couldn't hide the embarrassed flush.

Malis Delnaria
User Image

Cadance skipped around. It was such a pretty pretty day and he was out and about and exploring and stuff! So many things to do! People to see! and Oooh what's that?! He pushed his head towards the ground to stare at a ladybut who had been about to fly off a leaf. Snorting softly he nosed the scared bug and it took off much to his chagrin.

Ooooh more foals! Cadance skitters over towards the small bunch of foals which seemed to have congregated around a tall fir and he wanted to be right in the middle. "Heya folks! How are you this fine cloudy day." He excitedly spun around almost completely as he tried to greet everyone at the same time.

`Swirly
Faolen continued to walk forward towards the cootie-infested filly. Yeesh. She was most likely older than him and still going to eat a poison flower.

His dark teal eyes danced back and forth with curiousity as he took in all of her stripes. They made his eyes kind of blurr together since he wasn't used to all of the markings. His dad had clovers, his mam had nothing but black and white. He had gotten her pretty plack and some white in his mane.

"Well.. If ye weren' goin' ter why would ye even bother playin' with the lil bugger?" His tone was a lighter brogue than his fathers and carried much less of the heaviness to it. Finn had even less than him in his own mind, but Finn was around mamma more often. Grinning slightly Faolen dropped down onto one knee for a moment in a bow - this time including the other colt. "Faolen, at yer service."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Mrrrf, mrrrrrrrf, MMPH!" With a heave of effort (and some help from her father), Honey was soon scuttling across the small expanse towards the group of gathering foals. Preparing to make her own dramatic entrance, she was completely beaten to the mark by the excitable pink stallion and simply gawked in astonishment at his words... Although they weren't particularly impressive and were that of a general introduction, he'd said them so fast.

...And how'd he move like that? She would have fallen on her rump by now.

"Ello." She replied at last, swivelling her ears at his chatter before glancing at the other babies, there was Floss...her sister and then there was a strange stripey one and a black one who seemed to be talking about something. What did 'poisonous' mean anyway?

"How ye guys all 'ere too, ye meetin' the same person me daddy be talkin' about?"

Celeanor

Flustered by so many strangers, Muriel melted a bit behind the more outgoing rose colt, perfectly willing to let her response to the black colt... no Faolen, drop. Daddy had never let her meet others... aside from the animals and tree nymphs that lived in the grove... and while she wanted to be the center of attention...

She just didn't know how to go about it...

And who was the fourth white and gold newcomer talking about?

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:22 am
T'was a... a... long and longer day? - Cadance and other foals (part 2)

`Swirly
Oh! Her sister! Mamma had been too busy earlier to really pay attention to where everybody had gone off to. Something about foals would be foals.. or had it been "Oh god my head." No.. no the last one had to do with some jabbering on her part most likely. Hehe, oops. She grinned at the stripey colt and bowed her head to him in greeting. Now THAT was the way a horse should act. All energy and no seriousness.

.. Back to Honeycomb! Her own steps were solid now but none too adventurous as she wasn't used to this steepness that seemed to come and go. Right now the land didn't feel too bad in her mind. "How ye be sis?"

Then her mind went back to the black and teal fellow. He certainly either knew lotsa stuff or pretended at it!

Malis Delnaria
Oh fun more people! Cadance hopped a little to the left and then turned to give them a bow. One that looked more like he was about to fall over and then catch himself before he actually did. "My Mum said I could come but I had to be nice and so asking how people are doing is a way of being nice right? I love to play games best, what kind of games does anyone know?" The pink-striped foal hopped right this time and then darted to the right.

"Anyone know what kind of tree this is? I've been told that some are not good for eating. Like that flower right?" He peered towards the darkest foal as if he was the wises of all the little ones around here.

`Swirly
Faolen just blinked for a moment when the Cadance looked at him. He just knew certain flowers since he and his father liked to jabber back and forth almost all of the time. Like he'd learned odd little tunes from his dad's home and how he'd come here and just all sorts of tidbits that made things interesting when climbing got to be way too hard to focus on. Shaking out the short spiky mane Faolen tried to decide if he really wanted to be the one that others looked to to know things. He'd only stopped the cootie-infested girl since getting sick and him having been able to stop it wasn't good.

Why was he fussing so much over something that really wasn't anything of too much importance, "Aye.. that flower's nae good for eatin'. I dun remember what me dah told me but it's jest nae good."

As if the colt's thoughts had summoned him, Caelen came wandering up towards his son with both green ears pricked forward. The stallion saw his son, the one that reminded him so much of his mate and made him want to just go home now talking to a rather large group of little ones. Lovey had two of her triplets in plain sight, a striped pink colt, and another little striped filly. Lovey wasn't too far back and that was all his eyes could make out.

Stepping up and ruffling his son's hair slightly, not too much affection in case he was the sort to be embarrassed by his "old-man" Caelen grinned down at all the little ones, "Makin' friends, eh son?"

Paramekia Darkheart
User Image

Ah, his peaceful lands had been very quickly shattered, the serene and pleasant conditions completely destroyed by the sound of over excited and eccentric chatter. It was severely out of place, enough to cause the amber eyes to shift and the ears to swivel towards the direction of the sounds. Ah yes, this monster was well aware of the chirping and chatter of his own daughter but these voices were unfamiliar.

...They were also exceptionally loud.

Releasing a somewhat quiet snort, the mutant folded his wings tighter against his sides and very slowly made his way towards the disruptive beings. Submerged in shadow and only partially visible due to the unusual orb in his chest, at first he would have appeared more ghostly and bestial than a normal soquili...more of a predator so to speak. However it was as he stepped out of the shadows that the unusual and rather fierce some form became clearer.

"It is a Balsam Fir," His voice rumbled from deep with his chest, his eyes narrowing to mere slits as he took into account his daughter's somewhat intimidated form behind the pink colt.

Unfortunately, his gaze upon him was merely fleeting as Honey released an almighty shriek of terror and quickly darted under her father's legs for protection from the fanged and devilish creature.

"Daddy, s'gonna eat me!" She wailed.

`Swirly
Oh lord. That wouldn't do at all... Hopefully Biscuit would take care of Honey's fear and she'd just make sure that her fearless little sugar-queen didn't get the idea that screaming at the sight of more.. unsually Soquilis was acceptable. Nipping at her middle-child's mane she leaned and stage-whispered into her ear.

"Now that stallion right there is Ignacia's daddy.. and 'Naci is your sister.. So be extra nice to him for me okay Flossy-baby?"

Her mane had fallen ontop of CandiFloss' and the purples melted together for a moment, making the mother-daughter duo impossible to mistake. Lovey cast a glance over to Caelen who had stepped up protectively to his son but seemed no more worried than anybody else. In fact.. the Irishman was smiling and his son was leading by example.

Aye.. now it was Biscuit's turn to soothe.

Malis Delnaria
Cadance's eyes widened as he saw the large dark soliqui enter as if from the shadows. Whether it was from fear or awe he was definatly taken aback for a moment and paused in the litany he had been speeking. Unfortunatly the pause was very short lived. "Wow, that's so cool! Man, I wishe I knew so much about plants an' animals and stuff! Is that your dad?" he turned towards the Honey who had skittered away to hide under a different set of legs. "You are so lucky! Your dad is AWSOME!" Cadance hadn't gotten it into his head that maybe the newest stallion was no a father to any foals present.

The striped foal was excitable and yet weary and so he calmed down considerably when he came close and did his funny wobble-bow. "Greetings Mister. Thank you for that information. I am hoping you are having a plesent day." It was easy to see that while he was standing with poise, at anymoment he might jump back into the lively form he usually was.

dolphingurl
User Image

Misu pranced around bolting in and out between the trees. He had managed to sneak away from the teepee without anyone noticing. He smiled as he went stopping every once and a while whenever something caught his eye.

It was Misu first time really out by himself and he was enjoying every minute of it. He was excited to be able to explore the place by himself.

All of a sudden Misu came to a sudden hault. He saw something off in the distance. What he saw looked like other soquili, but unlike any soquili he met which were all adults, they seemed to be smaller just like him. He smiled happily and headed towards the small gathering of foals.

`Swirly
Caelen simply eyed the stallion. Part of him wanted to go all over-blown and pompous and protected Faolen, and the other part figured that that would indeed make the.. mutant get territorial. He didn't use the term mutant in a derogatory manner, just that that was indeed what he was and calling a spade a spade was his way of living life. Dancing around the truth and finding fancy ways to say what sounds "worse" in plain-speak gave Caelen a bloody awful headache.

His eyes caught and turned to an unusal colt that was coming the group's way slowly but surely. Had this turned into a bloody mad-house? Nah.. he'd give the other stallion his due but why hyper-focus.

He'd hate it if others looked at him as if he were unusual all the time. Blinking Caelen leaned down and nipped at Faolen's shoulder.

"Ye've made friends, eh lad?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:59 am
Oh Brother, Where art thou? - Cadance and Juliet

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
User Image

Gleefully dancing around the outskirts of the clearing, where it met the forest, a small foal giggled. She had persuaded... or more like told... her father that she was going to go out and see her brother and probably -hopefully- her mother. The last time she had seen her older sibling was when they had managed to emerge from those cramped baskets.

So here she was, waiting where the forest met the clearing, anxiously awaiting the arrival of her brother. As much as she wanted to, she didn't step foot into the heavily treed area, her father having warned her of it. Also, she wasn't exactly sure where her other half of her family resided anyway. This would do for now until one of the two showed up, she would just continue her little dance.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis strode through the forest with a small bouncing foal at her heels. How she had managed to be talked into babysitting she had no idea but at least all she needed to do was watch from the side lines. Something about Imogen needing to have a moment of peace to think and work on her garden. The troll grinned when she though of how Cadance, in his exuberance, had trampled over the little flower beds. Shaking her dreads she stopped just shy of the edge of the forest where she could see another foal dancing about. "This here be t' spot. An' if ah be havin' t' chase ya down ah be tellin' ya Mum."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance was happy to be out of that glade. Immi had shadowed him for a few days now and he was happy to be exploring again. There was just so much to see, so much to do! The colt hopped after a dragonfly that zipped from branch to branch and then he scooted down to the ground to watch a caterpillar inch it's way along the dirt path. Looking up at the trolls words he nodded and grinned. "I shan't do anything Aunt Malis!" he answered politely; at least something had finally sunk into the hard head of the colt. With that he spun back around and ran full pelt into the meadow towards where his sister was playing in the sun.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet continued to dance as she waited. It was nothing special, just a small high-step to her own little beat. Perhaps she could make a performance of it one day, that would be nice. It was when she saw something move between the trees that she stopped. Curiously, she took a step closer to get a better look, but that's when something came rushing out fast toward her.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Heya sister! Great to meetcha! Oooooh awesome steps, can I try them too?" As he came barreling out towards her, the colt started his tirade. Skittering to a stop he watched her fancy hoofwork fr a moment and then tried to match it failing miserably. For unlike his mother this colt had four left hoofs and it showed as he almost stumbled his way through his sisters 'routine' though it was quite funny to see. He couldn't dance but that didn't stop him from trying and he spun around in a circle kicking up his hooves and rearing up to the cadance that Juliet's hooves produced as they thumped lightly on the ground.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
It was only when she recognized the other as her brother, when she calmed herself. With a small bow of her head, she greeted him, but before she got a chance to answer his question about trying her steps, he already attempted them... horribly. She was completely appalled by how bad he did, albeit it a bit humorous. Didn't he inherit any of their mother's grace? With a small sigh, she shook her head. "Silly Brother o'mine!"

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Awwww but it's fun!" Cadance finished with a flourish and then trotted up to his sister to give her a proper greeting. Looking her in the eyes he lightly bonked her head with his own and then stepped back and grinned. "So how are you sis? You met any interesting people? How about the weather, isn't it nice and bright and shiny? Oh yeah and you never guess what I saw the other day!" The tirade of questions would have continued but he ran out of breath and had to pause to catch some more. This left just enough time for Juliet to get in some answers edge-ways if she wanted.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
"I never said that it wasn't." She replied with a small flick of her tail. The filly was quite taken aback when he bonked her head with his own, stepping back just like he did, but more out of sheer startledness. She then blinked when he gave her an onslaught of questions, giving him an odd look as she waited for him to finish. Once he did, Juliet stomped her hoof onto the ground. "If you want your questions answered, I suggest you give the other time to answer them Brother dear!" She snorted before calming herself. "Anyways... I am doing well Brother. I have met a few interesting people. The weather is decent.... and what have you seen?"

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Her stomp and retort washed over him like water on a ducks back. Cadance was still quite oblivious to criticism, even when coming from his sister though he did love her bestest in the whole wide world. "That's cool, who have you met? Oh and I saw...." Cadance paused and though hard... "I forgot!" His little head had been so caught up in his tirade then when his sister asked him what he had seen it was wisked completely out of mind. "Awwwww... and I really wanted to show you tooooo." He wined slightly as he tried to remember what it was he wanted to say, doing a little 'remembering jig' in the process.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
"Well, it would be hard to tell you who I've met if you haven't met them. You would just question me about who they were." She explained, shifting about and flicking her short tail. When Cadance had forgotten who or what he saw, she simply rolled her eyes. "Figures you would be in far too much of a rush to retain much information Brother." She retorted, watching him do his little 'jig' in the process.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It was something to do with umm.... ducks! I saw big ducks! I think they were geese actually." He tried to remember what his mother had called them. "They go 'honk honk honk' an' have really big wings!" He remembered going up close to one and seeing him put his wings out to try and scare him off from the little gooselings. What he didn't want to mention that seeing that large bird hissing at him was quite un-nerving. "I though they were really cool but Mum didn't want me to mess with them." He pouted a little at that. "Why can't I question about them? I wanna know who ya met, I remembered about the geese-birds didn't I?" Cadance looked hopefully at his sister.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
'Large birds?! Was that all?!' Why did her brother have to be entertained by the most simplest of things? But inwardly, she had to admit, that these 'geese' things did sound interesting... she would have to persuade her father to take her to see some. "You probably deserved being chased off. No right parent would want a clumsy colt like you around their children." She snorted softly, holding her head up high, almost in a sneering manner. When he questioned about who she met again, she sighed. "Fine... I'll tell you. I met a stallion named Sibalto, and two fillies named Fudge and Calantha... Calantha even had wings like a bird."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hey now I'm not that clumsy." He tried to prove it by trotting in a straight line, nearly making it perfectly until he stood on a hidden stone and almost lost his footing. Standing tall the gelding posed and then grinned as soon as he realized he wasn't going to topple over. "Seeeeee!" It was then Cadance was distracted by Juliet's spill on who she had met. "Oooooh maybe this Calantha is actually a geese in disguise!!!" Cadance's imagination ran off with him... "Or maybe the spirits can merge ya with a geese and then wings sprout out of your back and then you can fly and then that'd be soooooo awesome! Forsooth!!"

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet just stepped aside and watched as her brother 'performed' how coordinated he really was... with no such luck. With a snort, she replied sarcastically. "Oh my... I guess I was wrong in saying that my dear brother was clumsy." She had turned and walked away some, flicking her tail behind. It was when she heard his outlandish theory that Calantha was a goose, she blinked and quickly turned back around to look at him as if he was crazy. "You must have been dropped on your head when you were born. There's no way Calantha is a goose. Pfft... just because she has wings, you automatically think she's a goose... what a peon."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I didn't say she was a goose... just partly goose... or how else would she have gotten wings?" Cadance skittered up towards Juliet, catching her up and passing her before realizing he needed to stop and turn back. "And I wasn't dropped on my head, I can't have been Mum wouldn't have allowed it!" Cadance though again for a moment before blurting out. "So how did she get wings then? 'cause it'd be cool if we could get wings too and then we could fly around like the birds an..." He paused to gasp for air before letting his mind run off with him again on how cool it'd be to fly.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet huffed just slightly when she saw she wasn't going to get a moments rest from her brother as he passed by her and turned to face her. "Has it ever occurred to you Brother, that she may have been born with them?" She questioned him, but doubted that he ever thought of that. "One of my herdmates has feathered wings and he's not part goose." She told him, snorting and rolling her eyes when he talked to fast for his breath to keep up.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Awwww.... nuts." Cadance looked dejected as his sisters words sank in. When he had seen the geese and watched them take off he had hoped that maybe one day he could do the same and yet when he had told Immi about it she had just smiled at him and shook her head. If he couldn't gain wings from a goose spirit how was he ever going to fly? "You have herdmates?" This surprised him, the only other mares he saw around the tepee was Aunt Malis and she was a troll so he didn't think she counted...

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
The filly was relieved when he seemed to get it through his head, though she couldn't help but frown slightly when he seemed depressed. Even though he was a bit annoying to her, didn't mean she liked seeing him upset. At his question about herdmates, she nodded. "Yep, six others besides Daddy. I believe there's another on their way if I heard right."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Wow! That's sooooo cool! Mum mentioned something about meeting a stallion the other day who wasn't dad. He had been looking for a home so that means if he comes to live with us that means he becomes a herdmate right?" Cadance wondered if that meant anyone who joined became a herdmate... and what happens if he didn't like that person? "Does that mean that you a herdmate too? Which means if we are heardmated and Dad is to Immi, do I get all your herdmates too as well as you get Aunt Malis?" He glanced over to where she seemed to be stalking some rabbit who was a little too close for the troll's liking.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Oh Brother, Where art thou? - Cadance and Juliet (part 2)

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet shrugged as he explained about the other stallion that Mother had met. "I don't know... perhaps." She answered, skipping about to keep herself entertained. "As for being your herdmate... I'm not, I'm your sister, there's a difference. A herdmate is a horse in the 'family' that's not related to you." She explained... or at least, as best as she could, holding her head up proudly as if she knew excatly what she was talking about.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hmmm... so they have to live with you? I guess then I have to wait until someone comes to live with us before I get any herdmates." He considered options for a moment before jumping around with another harebrained idea of his. "Hey! Why don't we go and look for a herdamate for me! You might find one too and then we can creat our own herd right here! Forsooth!" It was brilliant, this way he could hang out with his sister everyday. Cadance tilted his head this way and that as he remebered a few other foals he had met on the first day he left his basket. "I wonder if we could find them..." he mumbled a little to himself.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
"Why would you want to make your own herd? Isn't the one you're in good enough?" She questioned with a tilt of her head. Sure, all of the others in her herd were older than her, but they weren't all that bad. Although, having a herd of her own did sound good, but not just yet... perhaps when she was older and found her 'Prince Charming'. Yeah... that was a good idea.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Yeah but mine only has two people, Mum and Aunt Malis... Yours sounds so much cooler 'cause you have more people." It wasn't that he didn't think Malis was different and interesting but she was odd at times and thus wasn't quite 'cool' so to speak. He shook his head and stomped a small hoof in the minor fustration before deciding to change tracks. "So whatcha do when you hanging out with people? Do you play games and stuff or do you do other stuff." As eloquent as ever Cadance spurted out the simple sentances as if they were bullets.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
"I'm sure your herd will get bigger over time Brother dear. I mean, it had done so when you were brought to it." She replied to him, starting up the high-stepping once again, just so she didn't get bored. At his question, she had to think. All her other herdmates were older than her, so she couldn't relate much to them, though some of them were okay. Perhaps he meant when she hung out with others besides her herdmates. With a shrug, she said, "It depends on the other what we do, really. Sometimes we play, sometimes we just wander."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ahhhhh..." Cadance nodded sagely before deciding he was board and he wanted to run around. "So! You wanna play a game now? We can play tig... or hide and go seek!" He hopped around from one hoof to another ansy with standing around for so long. Or at least in his little mind he considered it f..o..r..e..v..e..r.. "Malis taught me a game called Hoof-it but I'm not that good at it. You take a round rock and then you try and kick it between too larger rocks or bushes or something. And then you get points an..." He took a look around and realized it'd be hard to play that here as there were no handy round rocks avaliable and grass would make it harder to kick them streight.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
At the mention of a game, her ears perked up as she glanced to him and stopped her 'dance'. She listened intently as he listed games they could possibly play. Her head canted to the side when he explained the game 'Hoof-it', having never heard of it before. "Why would you want to kick a rock around? Wouldn't you damage your hooves by doing that?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I dunno... maybe Malis' hooves are stronger then most others. She does seem to be much stronger and bigger than Mum." The foal paused to think for a moment before he got side tracked once more. "So how about we play... umm... I dunno. How about Tig! It's a great run around game! Forsooth!" He skittered around on all four hooves before he managed to wiggle his way all around his sister and was back in front of her.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet gave Cadance a shrug of her shoulders as if saying that what he was saying could be possible. "It might just be because she's older that it works for her." The filly couldn't help but be curious on how much bigger this 'Malis' was. Surely she can't be larger than Father. Her thought was quickly interrupted by her brother suggesting a game. With a small sigh, watching him skitter around her curiously, she replied. "I believe you mean tag. But sure, it sounds better than just droning on like this."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Forsooth!" He skittered close to her and then tapped her on the nose with his own. "TIG! YOUR IT!!!" With a quick jump out of the way he started running full pelt towards the edge of the field. His hair streamed out behind him as he turned back to see if she was following. Unfortunately looking back didn't mesh well with moving forward. Cadance almost tripped over his own hooves before managing to right himself and continue going, a little more mindful about where he was placing his legs.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet was taken aback slightly when her brother came close and tapped her nose. She blinked as he then ran off, stunned and remaining as is. After a moment or so, she finally snorted. "It's TAG!" With that, she ran full speed after him. She had noticed his little stumble, getting a look of worry on her face, but once he had regained his footing, she continued her persuit.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance hopped and skipped around, making sure he was ahead by at least a few steps. He giggled and laughed outloud as he jumped over a few mole hills and then startled a rabbit who had just poked a nose out of his hold. The silvery bunny darted out towards the saftey of the nearby bushes. Cadance was momentarily distracted by the rabbit and didn't see that he was no longer as far in front as he once was. Trying to dart away as soon as the game of tag floated back into his brain, he looked back to see where his sister had ran to.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet followed after her brother, smiling slightly from the chase. She inwardly cursed her slightly shorter legs, but that wouldn't matter when she spied him distracted by something. Taking the opportunity, she lept into the bushes nearby and slowly stalked up to him. When he had started running again, she had did the same, but this time, reasonably closer to him than she was before.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance turned around and didn't see his sister anywhere. In his momentary distraction she had managed to vanish from his sight. But then maybe this was a new game like hide and go seek mixed with Tig. Cadance crouched low, ready to bounce out of the way if needed. He stood perfectly still, listening to any noise around him, his ears twitching back and forth. The striped foal wasn't sure he remembered this varient of the game but now they were playing it, he thought it was 'super-cool'. The only problem was his energetic spirit didn't seem like it could stay still much longer.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Once again, when her brother had stopped running, she stopped as well. She took the moment to peek through the bushes carefully to see his position. He looked silly bent low like that. With a silent giggle, she started to creep closer to him, being careful not to brush against the leaves of the bush or step on any twigs... anything that would give her position away.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He wiggled a little, trying to make himself seem smaller as he hid in the longer grasses. A long blade of green brushed against his ear and tickled him. How he wished he could shake his head to make the tickling feeling go away. It seemed to grow within him and spread until his whole ear seemed to be afire with an urge to be itched. He was almost about to break his stillness when suddenly another sensation came to him... Oh no! He could feel a sneeze coming on

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Peeking out from the bushes once again, she blinked when she lost track of Cadance. Having lost him, she let out a small snort of annoyance. Where did he run off to? She wondered, looking about more. Cautiously stepping out from behind the bushes, she thought that he had gotten distracted once more and ran off. She wasn't letting her guard down though as she fully emerged out of the bush and into the long grass, peering about for any sign of her striped sibling.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. He could feel the small tickle creep up upon him and the foal wiggled his nose in hopes that it would go away. "ACHOOOOO!" Cadance spluttered as he finally couldn't hold the sneeze in anymore. The young colt overbalanced and almost fell head over heels. Catching himself in time, he stumbled forward, scaring a rabbit who had been minding his own business nearby. Surprised by the bounding rabbit, Cadance tried to rear back and ended up on his tail with a very shocked look upon his face.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Hearing the sneeze, Juliet quickly looked to where it came from in shock. She blinked as she watched all the 'chaos' that had occurred from it. After it had ended, she couldn't help but giggle, trotting up to her fallen brother. "You are so foolish... are you alright?" She asked, wondering more about his safety than continuing their game at the mean time.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Cadance looked up to see his sister peering down on him with a large smile on her face. It was obvious to see that she found his predicament hilarious, even if she was concerned about his well being. Not that it phased him... "I found you!" The striped colt scrambled to get up before falling back with a pained look on his face. "Oooooooowwww.... My knee hurts." It wasn't so bad that it caused him great anguish but was just enough to hinder his movements at least a little. Just a little sprain, but the little foal was more upset that now he couldn't continue to play with his leg hurting like that, he wimpered slightly. Cadance remembered that the troll was near by and some kind of way to make the pain go away but couldn't see where as the long grasses were in the way.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
The burgandy foal was about to reply to his 'found you' comment when the exclamation of pain rang out from him. With that, she quickly moved to him and checked the 'afflicted' area frantically. Her heart calmed when she saw it wasn't anything serious. "Well... it's not broken, but it would be wise to keep off of it."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The burgundy colt nodded as tears came to his eyes. That smarted! Slowly he hobbled closer before reaching forward with his nose. "Tig... your it!" He proclaimed softly before plunking back down onto his backside like a comical mule. Waving his forehoof in the air he winced as it hurt but it definitely felt better with no weight upon it. "I'm tired of this game... what else can we play." He wanted to do something to take the mind of his knee until it stopped giving him pain.

[X]Natty-Chan[X]
Juliet was caught off guard when her sibling had returned the tag, blinking just a bit cause she thought the game had ended as soon as he got injured. Or at least, it would have if she was the one who had gotten injured. She just shook her head and walked up to his side when he fell back onto his flank. "We can't play much with your leg hurting I'm afraid."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh phoo!" He knew she was right but didn't want to believe it. With the end of the games would probably come the 'time to go home' part... and he was having way to much fun playing with his sister. The sun was already going down, he hadn't realized how much time had passed. "But I don't wanna stop the game!" The colt sat there, legs splayed out. "Maybe we can play again tomorrow?" Cadance hoped that he could come and see his sister every day... maybe they would never be apart and he could keep his sister forever to himself. He knew that probably wouldn't happen but wished that it could.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:45 pm
Wandering - Malis and Kifo

Baneful

User Image

It was night time, one of the few times when Kifo actually dropped his usual facade of bravado and masculinity. The daytime was for flexing his muscles and charging around as though he owned the place. Night time was when he let his true nature show, lost in his thoughts, always pondering on the spirits that controlled the land, the ones he'd been told of by his father and the elder crone. Many many things and many voices who'd told them. Voices who were now more far away than he could care to even consider.

He walked slowly out into the brilliantly moonlit clearing, the moon's light bouncing off of the bare rocks that littered this strange landscape, where trees seemed to huddle together in little groups.

Everyone was in little groups it seemed, except him.

He smirked wryly, deciding that it was probably the spirit's design for him. The elements wished him to be on his own, and so it would be, he wasn't about to argue with them. He just wished he didn't feel so alone no matter what Soquili he met. They weren't like him, they didn't totally understand, no matter how hard they tried.

Snorting, he leant down to nimbly eat some of the long grass, his tusks preventing him from eating anything shorter.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis breathed a long sigh her long dreads swaying lightly in the cool breeze. The cold night air brought a small shiver to her back and she twitched her shoulders in response. She had just been up the mountainside to watch the sun go down. It was a peaceful place to be and perfect for meditation. She had been feeling rather detached from the spirits recently, maybe because she had been away from Ogrimmar for so long. She even missed the Barrens, that long scrubby open area she she had grown to despise after traveling so much back and forth from place to place. The troll snorted with laughter. "When ah be startin' t' miss t' Barrens Ah know ah be crazy!" Shaking her head Malis made her down to the more open grassland and looked around. In the distance she spotted a familiar figure and decided that a little socialization would be a good thing. The blue mare trotted over with a grin.

Baneful
Kifo didn't actually notice Malis right away, eyeing the grass in front of his nose and silently lamenting that he couldn't quite reach the really good stuff. Alas, being well-tusked came with it's disadvantages. It was only when he actually realized there was someone in his peripheral vision that he looked up with a start.

"Woah! Ah didn't be seein' ya there, mon." he grinned amicably as he recognized Malis. "How you be keepin? Life be treatin ya well I hopes."

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well ya know, life be havin' it's ups an' downs. Ya can ner' really tell where it'll strike ya next." The blue troll tossed her mane with a toothy grin before continuing. "Ah be managing t' keep up mah treasure huntin' but there not be much around here t' be huntin' really." She wasn't quite sure if she would mention her passing though from a moment ago but then shrugged, maybe he'd know where she was coming from. "It be almost like Ah be missin' t' Barrens. Silly me thinks but ah believe it might be true." She snorted a laugh and looked away for a moment, "probably think ah be crazy there," Malis added ruefully,

Baneful
Kifo nodded "Ya mon, life be a funny thing, all over da place." he looked understanding at her mention of the bad treasure hunting around here. "Ya, dere be nothin' other dan apples aroun' here for da stealing and grass be a bit rich for my tastes in terms of eatin's" he frowned faintly, only to perk his ears at the mention of the barrens.

"Ah teh Barrens mon, dat name be like music to dese old ears. A place where life was good and tough, where da sun'd bake ya dry in da afternoontime." he laughed fondly "Nah, nah mon. I miss da Barrens too. When you be born an' raised on da baked ground, grassland never feels right under ya hooves." he smiled wistfully. "One ting ah could always say about da Barrens was ya were never lonely dere, always someone aroun'

He eyed the sky overhead briefly. "Ou' here. Ya be on your own a lot.."

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "An it not be helpin' that almost every other soquili here haven't even seen a good battle in their whole lives." Malis rolled her eyes and snorted in disgust, "While there be t' ones that fight all t' time with no regard t' honor or reason." She shook her head before brightening up at his reminiscing. "Ya right there... it be just too... wet here. Oh ah be partial t' a dabble in t' river once in a while but t' spirits preserve... Ah don't neet t' be doused in rain every few days, ah don't care how sweeter it be makin' the grasses taste." The troll grinned before adding with a chuckle "Maybe it be the lush grasses that makes these soquili so soft. Like t' cows, pretty good shamans they had but Tauren defiantly be a little on t' soft side."

Pausing for a moment to think Malis nodded, "Yeah, havin' time t' think is a blessing sometimes but it be very empty here. Though ah have t' admit, bein' around ya lovely visage is defiantly a good turn for t' day. Ya need t' make this spot a regular visitin' place, maybe we can keep each other company." The troll smiled toothily and winked.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:47 pm
The Games we play - Malis and Ashura

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis was board... soooooo board... She wandered off the beaten path and made her way towards the rocky outcropping. A quiet day and an event quieter evening and here the sun was making it's goodnights and nothing had happened all day. She felt like nothing had been accomplished and a restless spirit seemed to claim her. Kicking a small round river-rock she watched it as it bounced streight and true between two bushes. Pausing for a moment the troll glanced along the ground and spotted another perfect candidate. Suddenly launching it with her hoof the blue mare aimed for the same two bushes and was gratified to see it skitter between them once again. Now this was something interesting... The slight challenge she made herself increased as she began to look for harder targets. Nose to the dirt she looked around for more suitable rocks, lightly tapping them over to the growing pile. Now if only I could find a flat area... Not that she was complaining, the ridges and ravines in the area provided more of a challenge.

Paramekia Darkheart
Didn't humans do that when they were annoyed?

The mare was fairly certain they did...It was a peculiar sight to watch a soquili mirror the activities of a human and yet highly interesting at the same time. Critical eyes continued to watch as the unusual mare kicked the pebbles towards unseen targets. According to her observations, the mare had an exceptionally good aim which caused further questions to pop into the honey-dapple's mind.

Number One: If the hoof was curved, how did she know how to aim?
Number Two: Was it possible for another to acquire this skill or was it a trait of that mare alone?
Number Three: Why had the mare opted to copy humans in the first place?

It was after a few moments of deliberation that the mare released a somewhat louder snort to indicate her existence and very slowly pulled herself out of the trees. The undergrowth had provided her with reasonable shade and camouflage but her mother had always informed her that such things were rude. She had always been one for etiquette herself and therefore...

"Praytell, might I ask how you do that?"

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Do what?" The troll spun around partially annoyed at being bothered, partially glad that something else could be interesting for a while and with a little bit of embarrassement which she would never let the other mare see. It was very un-troll-like to be caught doing something as silly as kicking stones... it was... undignified! Malis braught up her head and looked at the other with a lofty expression, her size towering over, it was usefull being so big sometimes. "Ahhh ya mean t'..." Malis thought quickly "target practice? For hunting?" Nice save... she added to herself and grinned toothily towards the other female. "Ahh... well it be takin' lots of time an' effort an' work n' such. Ah dunno whether a lady be interested in that."

Paramekia Darkheart
Hunting? Ashura looked rather perturbed by this revelation as she glanced at the bushes. Well, if this peculiar mare used stones for hunting then was she to assume that the foliage in the Kawani lands put up a fight? She had to admit that the very idea made her both laugh and cry at the same time - how was she ever meant to eat if she had to knock a plant out?

...It was ridiculous.

"Why would you need stones to hunt for grass?" She had to ask, there was no avoiding it and while she also found the blue mare's size to be intriguing she had to deal with the topic at hand first. If he grass did move then she would be asking for lessons - lots of them, so she could be prepared for the inevitable day when she would encounter her nemesis (the running foliage) and would be able to catch it.

...As stupid as that sounded. It never moved where she came from - she blinked twice at this thought.

Malis delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis actually chuckled then, her large tusk showing, the other one visibily broken off. "Ah be only eatin' grass when there be no hunting avaliable. Not that there be much t' hunt here. Ah not be partial t' rabbit." The troll added as an afterthough. "Now dragon... that be good eatin' there." Malis looked off into the distance as if she was remenising about her past life. "Ah not be seeing a dragon in t' while, Ah know not of their bein' here." The troll sighed before smiling once more at the other female. "So I practice instead... It be a challange, t' see if ya aim be true. Ya gotta pass t' stone through t' middle o' t' bushes. It b a good skill t' have even if ya don't need it for huntin."

Paramekia Darkheart
Ashura had a rather difficult time understanding the mare's accent but after a while she seemed to grow accustomed to it and have a nod. The mare spoke of many unusual things and Ashura began to wonder just how sheltered her life had been. Taking the opportunity to draw nearer, Ashura inspected the 'target' from a closer vantage point and then glanced down briefly at her own hooves.

Well, it would certainly be a test. To aim true with something rounded? This mare must be particularly skilled and very well practised to say the least!

"I..." Trailing away for a few moments, the mare wasn't entirely sure if asking was such a wise idea but feigning that she knew may not be all that smart either. "What is a 'dragon' exactly?" She enquired curiously.

Malis Delnaria
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ya be wantin' t' know about t' scalies?" Malis grinned her broken tusk showing and a frightening look showed upon her face as her red eyes shone bright. "Well they be fierce creatures that be covered in t' hardest scales, harder than t' rocks in some places. They be havin' monsterous wings that stretch out and block t' sun when they be flyin' about. The can breathe fire an some can breathe other t'ings as well." She stood on her hind legs for a moment and pawed at the air as if she was just about to take flight with imaginary wings. "But ya gotta know certain t'ings before tryin' t' fight a dragon. Dragon chest be very soft. Ya wanna try an' be strikin' there first. An' never bite at t' dragon's tail. Dragon scale on t' tail be very strong. That be how Ah be loosin' mah tooth." The troll grinned again showing the tusk that had been broken off, her other gleaming slightly in the sun.

Paramekia Darkheart
Oooh...

"I don't think I would like to meet a dragon," Ash confessed, a sheepish smile appearing on her lips as she looked at the mare's broken tusk. While this mare appeared to relish in the challenge of felling a dragon the very description of such a creature made Ash squeak mentally. In truth, Ashura was a little bit of a coward and the thought of battling a dragon wasn't particularly high on her list of priorities.

...That being said, if her brother was really as bad as her herd claimed...

"And this kicking stones - does that help battle a dragon?" She enquired tentatively, mildly curious as to whether or not this was a useful skill. If it was, she would be the first to request the help of this peculiar mare!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It be always good t' have a secret up your tail. Ya never know when it be mighty handy with t' smooth rocks all over t' place." The troll sighted along the path she wanted the small stone to go and then lined her foot up and kicked it squarely towards the gap in the bushes. It flew slightly wide and clipped a branch of the bush but still made it into the desired area. "See, if ya in a spot an there be no room t' kick or it be too dangerous t' bite. A stone or a rock can distract or even injure ya opponent so that they be hurting or looking t' other way or somethin' an' so ya can either use that moment t' attack or t' be gettin' into a better position."

Paramekia Darkheart
Well that made sense. Even though Ashura was no warrior she could see the method behind the 'madness' and nodded appreciatively. So the rock kicking me not necessarily be the full battle method, more of a last resort and perhaps a source of entertainment while bored. Given that this was how Malis' little game was presented, it made the petite mare more inclined to learn it.

It would aid in her boredom and perhaps save her in desperate circumstances.

"I see," Ashura glanced around for a stone of suitable shape and when she had done so, placed it near her hoof. Glancing briefly towards the gap, she then gave a slight kick only to find that the stone was just a little more than off course - rather, it went to the right.

"There's a secret to it, isn't there?" She mused as she turned to look at her hoof and it's curved shape.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "No secret to it really, just there be a lot of practice." The troll looked for another stone and sent it careening towards the bushes of choice. "There be a way t' hit wit the inner side o' ya hoof, just where it be a little flat. That an ya have t' aim a little off o' t' mark 'cause rocks always be seeming t' want to roll sideways... or at least in t' curvy direction." She tilted her head to the side and worried her broken tusk a bit before moving out of the way. "Here try this side it might be a little easier for ya." Malis looked around for a few more good stones and nudged them into the pile of roundish rocks that she had been collecting.

Paramekia Darkheart
Well, there was no harm in trying! The mare moved forward a little more and examined the chosen mark before looking at the stones. Apparently Malis was particular about which stones she deemed appropriate. While Ashura wasn't entirely sure as to why this was, she was certain there was a logical reason for it. Probably a simple one too...maybe they flew better or something.

That being said, Ashura soon pawed one of the stones from the pile and performed a few mock swings of her hoof until she had discovered a way to 'roll' her hoof to the side ever so slightly...Just enough to kick with the side of her hoof. It was only then, when she was satisfied that she at last took a shot.

Unfortunately, it was a little off course again and instead of hitting the gap it went into the bush beside it - but at least the distance was closing.

"You must have done a lot of practising," Ashura mused after a few moments before offering a smile, "I'm sorry, I don't think I ever asked your name though?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Not too much but then I seemed to have a nack for it... though by the looks of it..." She squinted down the path the rock had taken when Ashura had attacked it, "... you're pretty fast at learning this too." The troll grinned and tossed her braids back out of her face where they had fallen as she had gathered 'rollable' rocks. "Oh Ah be Malis Delnaria, though everyone be calling me Malis, it be not as much of a tounge-twister." The blue mare though for a moment before tilting a curious look towards the mare. "Ya know, Ah don't believe ah be catching your name either."

Paramekia Darkheart
"Ashura, my name is Ashura." The mare responded after a few moments. She may have only met the mare and she may have viewed Malis as bizarre (she had tusks for goodness sake) but that didn't mean she would judge her on that. Looks were most certainly deceiving and her apparently this mare, who hunted dragons, was much more pleasant than she had imagined.

Sparkles had declared all Kawani land mares to be rude!

"As for being a fast learner..." She rolled another rock away from the pile and grinned, revelling in the new challenge Malis had presented her. "I wouldn't be the top of all my classes if I wasn't!" She announced, nudging the stone with just a little more accuracy than last time. It was still off, but she was getting their slowly.

"Well, at least in my herd." She added sheepishly, "But I thank you for the complement." She added, pausing only briefly as she watched the mare shift her unusual braids from her face.

"How thick is your hair when those are undone?" She enquired curiously.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "A troll never be complementin' or nice. It'd be ruinin' our unruly image t' say so. Malis just be speakin' t' truth." The troll managed to look quiet serious over such an outlandish statement and yet there was an aura of a being who had seen the world and missed the company of people once known. As if to cover the aparent 'softness' she turned and kicked at a rock almost savagly, sending it tearing into the small space between the bruch. She was getting scarily accurate with her hits the more she did that and yet she might have been holding back at the begining for the mare's sake. "Mah hair be all t' way down t' my ankles when it be brushed out. Ah never be cutting my hair since ah be a little troll. It be back luck t' do so."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm
The Games we play - Malis and Ashura (part 2)

Paramekia Darkheart
"It's bad luck to cut your hair?" She glanced briefly at her own carefully braided tail. She was aware that the critters surrounding her herd took pride in adorning the stallions and mares with jewellery and ornate decorations - but they also tended to trim and cut the hair accordingly. They did it to ensure it remained healthy, so that the dirt wouldn't crust up and cause difficulty but she'd never known it to be bad luck before.

Superstition perhaps?

Shaking out her braids, she took a few moments to imagine the mare with her hair so long and afforded a smile. With the braids undone the mare must have been quite a sigh to behold - those long wavy longs would captivate any stallion in the immediate vicinity. Was it something to do with this superstition or practicality that she kept it bound?

"It must look beautiful when down...why hide it?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hide it? There be nothin' t' hide." She shook out her mane which made the thick dreads fly about the golden bangles that decorated them clinking in the quiet of the day. There was a seeming danger to her hair along with the beauty, one of those bangles if swung right could hurt. "If ah didn't have it tied up mah hair be in t' way. Ah can't be huntin' with hair around mah ankles." She glanced at the other mare with a sly glance. "Why do ya hide all ya hair in t' small braids? Ain't it be for t' same reasons?" Malis considered the mare's braids a little skinny for her tastes but then the braiding part made them look rather pretty so she considered mayby trying that style once maybe... if she could ever untangle her hair from the dreads long enough to do such a thing.

Paramekia Darkheart
"Well, to be honest..." Ashura glanced at her tail, the only braided part of her form and gave a wry smile. She had asked an otter to do it as a matter of curiosity, just as she had asked said creature to apply the dyes to her tail and mane - and act of rebellion that had infuriated her elders but at the same time...had made her mother give her the strangest look. Her father had said nothing, simply nodded.

"It was an experiment more than out of practicality." She confessed after a few moments, returning her gaze to the mare at the sound of the clinking. From the intensity of those jingles, it was clear that those things would hurt if Malis shook her head at a rather quick speed.

Ashura made a mental note not to try.

"But it does have it's uses, my tail gets a little less muddy, it looks pretty...I suppose I can't really complain but long locks can look just as nice." She mused after a few moments. "Especially when they blow in the wind, you know?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis was not the type to sit around all day and talk hair... even if it gave her a chance to bost about her own fantastic looks and sense of style. "When ah be little troll ah be havin' dreads in mah hair. Kept them out t' way. Mah hair be in dreads ever since, Ah doubt ah be able t' take them out now." She though for a moment before turning towards Ashura with a questioning glance. "How ya be getting t' critters t' work on ya hair? Or ya meanin' t' two-leggers. Most lil critters be runnin' away from me at t' sight." She spoke that with almost an air of pride before turning a little thoughtful, "Ta be thinin' o' it most two-leggers be runnin' too."

Paramekia Darkheart
Two-leggers were those strange paled faced things weren't they? Walked on their hind legs and uttered strange words she couldn't understand. She'd avoided them from the moment she entered the Kawani more so for the sake of her own sanity. She didn't want to feel like she was talking to a stone - she'd probably get better conversation out of a stone though...if she was honest.

"No, I mean critters...like otters and raccoons," She supposed she could see why some might run, the more judgemental would but that was hardly fair. If Malis were round her herd the otters wouldn't leave her alone! They'd practically beg to play with those thick braids - put a few flowers in, thread some spider silk and voila!

"All you have to do is ask, they love fiddling with anything soft." She explained, motioning towards her tail which appeared somewhat battered from travel but was reasonably intact. "Especially if you let them at decorations."

"...I don't really understand why they'd run though -" She paused briefly and eyed the stones, then the bush for a few moments before grinning.

"You didn't try to hit them with a stone did you?" She enquired jokingly.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah might have..." Malis looked thoughtful for a long moment. "There be that time near t' river where ah be board and decided t' start practicin' and there be a bever who came out t' screech at mah stones. Ad din't go near his home but ah be guessin' he didn't know that... or she" The blue mare added as an after thought. "Nah... most critters be afraid o' mah good looks." A troll spent years cultivating an aura of agression around them, if anything but to keep the more dangerous creatues at bay that would otherwise cause a troll to get hurt while hunting. However with Malis there was a reason why she had left the tribes and her un-troll-like tendencies was showing more and more now she was out of the Barrens.

Paramekia Darkheart
The image of a beaver shaking its paw angrily at Malis popped into the mare's mind. It took all of her self control not to burst into a fit of giggles at the mere thought! Truly, it was an amusing image and one she had seen many times as foal while her herd mates (colts would you believe) had went on their mini adventures to prove their worth to onlooking and potential mates...it had usually resulted in a water fight which the otters and beavers completely dominated.

"Well I'm sure that he wouldn't have appreciated it," She mused as she recalled Malis accuracy and the intensity of her hit, "The power of your kick would destroy his home!" She pointed out after a few moments of consideration. That being said, Malis wasn't exactly the most approachable of mares...something in the way she walked perhaps and a lot of smaller creatures were intimidated by such things.

"Your good looks wouldn't scare away the critters...but the way you walk may very well do," She tilted her head to the side and flashed a smile, "Should probably work on that," She continued in a teasing tone.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis took her words the wrong way and shook her head sadly. "Ah know ah be needin' t' work on mah prescence... ah not be scary enough. It be hard enough keeping t' males away without usin' the stones. Mah sister could scare a flock o' birds from t' trees just by snarlin' but when ah be smaller a couldn't even frighten t' mice. Though she be much bigger than ah be." She towered over Ashura, about the size of a large stallion, so saying that she was 'small' was almost laughable. As if to change the subject from her own failings she grasped at the comment Ashura had made earlier about her accuracy. "Why thank ya, Ah don't think ah would try t' destroy his home but it be nice knowin' that ah could." She nodded with a smirk.

Paramekia Darkheart
How big was her sister?!

Ashura positively quivered at the potential size of Malis' sibling and couldn't even begin to imagine how she must look. No wonder a simple snarl would cause the critters to bolt, she was bloody huge! Malis was already far above Ash in height and if she could scare off small creatures too - well, maybe they had no problem with dragons (whatever those were) after all.

"Why would you want to scare away males?" This troubled Ash, while she wasn't interested in romance just yet she had no intention of scaring them away just based on gender! Malis certainly came from an unusual herd, did that mean her herd was all females and no males. Ash let out a gasp - what if they ate their males like spiders!

"...You're not a cannibal are you?" Ash enquired hesitantly.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Males be brutes, only t' strongest are welcome t' try and woo t' females... unless they be havin' a lot of shinies, that always helps." Malis grinned and flicked her tail at a passing fly as she remenisced. "Ah remember when ma sister had a troll-suitor, he be commin' in with all t' golds he could find... an' he was pretty 'andsom to boot. Tusks that were as long as a kodo an' bright orange hair..." the troll chuckled, "Mah sister be throwin' him out of t' cave an still he came up an' persisted. Even after she be hittin' him over t' head with a club, he still be commin' around. She found a good'n." At the last comment she laughed out loud, a hearty sound that had a little roughness to it. "Ya think we be cannibals mon? Nah, Ah be never eatin' one o' ma own kind. Jus' no' right..." The more she talked about her homeland the stronger her speech became, as if she was talking more 'Troll' than Kawani.

Paramekia Darkheart
Kodo? Club? Shinies?

So many questions and so little time, Ashura's face was a picture as Malis continued to explain the strange rituals that were present in her homeland. Really, she had seen a lot of things but physically abusing a stallion just because she could? Well, it wasn't really in Ash and she wasn't sure if any male in these parts would permit it.

"How strange," She murmured at last, choosing not to ask about the Kodos or the Club for the sake of her own sanity, "I can't say I've ever felt the urge to beat up a male, it seems somewhat uncouth." As to the brute comment, the mare wasn't entirely sure how to address that one, her father was completely harmless and spent most of her time smiling idly at trees.

...He was a troubled soul.

"I know some males are brutes but not all of them are, some are lovely!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well that be 'cause they be not trolls." Malis chuckled, a harsh gutteral sound that seemed fitting since her heratage. "Ah do 'ave t' admit that ah be a little more partial to t' shinies but then if ya can't be hittin' them over the head, how can ya tell a male ya interested?" The troll never learnt the 'niceties' in basic flirting, though when casually observed it could be said that she'd pretty much flirt with anything that moved, even if she would have denied any proof if put in front of her nose. "Though ah have been herein' about mares seemin' t' go with t' 'bad boy' soquili so maybe that be the little troll in them?" She mused for a bit on that wondering if there was a connection.

Paramekia Darkheart
Ash couldn't help herself and burst into a fit of laughter that sounded somewhat musical. She had never met any soquili quite like this one. Like her, Malis seemed completely oblivious to the traditions of the Kawani lands but Malis was much more extreme! Ash wasn't sure what a troll was to begin with, but she had to send the Spirits her thanks for creating them, they were beyond unique.

"Oh! No, no!" Even she knew you didn't hit a stallion over the head, he'd probably collapse and scream for aid upon the abuse, "If you want to show a stallion you like him you just give him a nudge and then a little wink," Ash explained as she approached the mare. It was only after she mulled over the blue mare's previous words that she 'corrected' herself.

"But don't nudge them hard enough to knock them over, their male pride couldn't handle a mare stronger than them." She teased, although she suspected that some might find the concept to be an intriguing one!

"You should give it a try."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Hmmm... maybe if ah be finding a male out here ah might be. Ya should be showin' me!" Malis grinned toothily and then looked around. "Ah remember seein' t' males around t' lake this mornin' dunno if they be still there." She mused for a moment not thinking for a moment about her non-trollish behavior. "So if they still be there ah be goin' up to them and be winkin'..." As she spoke she siddeled over towards Ashura and attempted to wink alluringly. "Sometin' like this?" She then attempted to nudge Ashura but decided against it at the last minute... she wasn't sure how hard was too hard.

Paramekia Darkheart
Ashura suppressed a giggle as Malis attempted to saunter up to her suggestively. This rather reminded Ash of the times (as a foal) she had attempted to practice the same things with her friends. Some had mastered it while some looked utterly ridiculous, nevertheless each time it made things very entertaining. There would be much laughter and much teasing but each and everyone of them found their own 'way' to make things work for them.

...Even if it was tripping at the hooves of a stallion!

"Sort of, maybe try to add a bit of a smirk in there?" She suggested, placing a small, coy smile on her lips as she gave a wink of her own. She tilted her head slightly for good measure...That in itself gave results, as her long mane shifted and cascaded over one eye - it hid half of her face from view but gave that 'I am so mysterious' look.

Or so her mother had said - she always thought it looked stupid when she did it.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:31 pm
The Games we play - Malis and Ashura (part 3)

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The smirk that surfaced on Malis' face was more frightening than becoming as it drew quite a lot of attention to her tooth. She fluttered her long eyelashes at Ashura while tossing her hair so it fell over her face. That at least helped as it covered her tusk partially and drew attention to her other cheek where the dark blue runes and tribal markings enhanced her exotic look. She posed slightly, letting one of her feet pick up delicately while her powerful back legs were firm against the ground and she swished her tail so that her bangles shone in the sun. Overall she was a formidable force but yet this had to be better than bashing over the head with a club. Malis chuckled "Ah be a sexy-troll."

Paramekia Darkheart
Hahahahaha!

Inside Ashura rippled with laughter as she watched the rather brash mare attempt to transform herself. On the whole, she was impressed that Malis was even prepared to try what she suggested. Granted, in the end she may not choose to continue it but at least she'd attempted! That being said, her strange tooth did make her look quite unusual in comparison to most mares - she looked just a little uneven.

"Indeed you are!" Ash agreed, her tone enthusiastic as she continued to look the mare over. With the mane covering her tusk for the most part she did have the most unique look...Alright, so she was probably more muscle than the stallions but hell, least she looked like she could handle a challenge?

"We need someone real to practice on," Ash mused after a few moments before grinning, "But first, you know how to strut right?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Strut?" Malis wondered if there was a troll-ish equivelant. "Well ah be guessin' t' males strut. Ah been seein' them when mah sister decided t' choose a mate. They be makin' themselves look good an show off how strong they be. Ya mean somethin' like that?" Malis frowned slightly and wondered if she wanted to do such postering to attract the attention of a male. The troll much preferd it when it was the males doing such a lowly task and she got to choose the 'pick of the litter' so to speak. She raised an eyebow quisically at the other mare and then had a thought, "How 'bout ya show me this one... an' then we go t' where t' males are an' charm their socks off!" She had heard that saying somewhere and figured it would be an appropriate time to add it in. It was something she had learnt to say from Immi though she wasn't quite sure what 'socks' were and why they needed a charm to get them off.

Paramekia Darkheart
"If they have any socks," Ashura replied good naturally, assuming that the mare was referring to the markings some horses had. To be honest, Ash wasn't entirely sure where the saying came from either but it would be quite the sight to have them...fall off? Casting the thought aside, Ash opted to consider it in more detail later and instead, set to work on demonstrating what she meant by a strut.

Pulling herself up to her full height (which wasn't much), she casually began to stride forward. Once she was comfortable she extended her stride and lifted her knees up higher until she appeared to 'bop'. This had to advantages, she appeared perky as she now had a spring in her step and her mane and tail flew out behind her in the most lovely fashion. In a way, she seemed to glide...much more different than males to say the least!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oooooh Ya be all perties!" Malis nodded, understanding what Ashura had meant about strutting finally. While it was the same in essance that the troll had seen males do, Ashura made it look good! Closing her eyes for a moment, Malis thought about what moves the mare had made and then imagined herself doing it. She took a few steps forwards, lifting her ankles with her bangles sparkling in the sun. She trotted a little slower, her dreads swinging around her and hips swinging from side to side. Gliding however wasn't to be, she ended up stalking more than gliding, her hunting instincts showing through. Pausing at the end of the path like Asura had done she looked back. "Ya think that be better now?" She still felt a little silly but had the feeling she was on the right track.

Paramekia Darkheart
Malis was most certainly a hunter. She wasn't a scout, wasn't a gatherer...oh no, by the very manner in which she held herself it was clear. She had the strength and confidence of one of the guardians within Ash's herd. She recalled how they would patrol, their strides long and somewhat similar to Malis. It was that confidence that gave this particular mare a unique edge to her...

Granted, her strut wasn't quite as 'pretty' as Ashura's but that would come in time. If the mare really wanted to perfect such a walk she'd just have to keep practising...just like Ash would keep practising with the stones. Perhaps Malis would even develop her own strut that would completely outrank Ash and grasp one of the rather desirable stallions in these lands!

...Well, if they were strong enough and suitable enough to meet Malis' tastes at least.

"I think it might be best if we try and practice around men, don't you?" Ash enquired with a grin. To say that Malis may intimidate a few males was a bit of an understatement but Ash had faith that some of them might react with good humour and return the flirtatious moves.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah be likin' that idea." Malis nodded and glanced over towards the direction of the lake. "Ya think t' males ah be seein' earlier today would still be around?" The troll tried to remember who she had seen there, no one that she recognized but that didn't mean much. Malis had only met a fraction of the Soquili in the lands and most of them had been female, why she hadn't though about or really cared. Maybe she was a little overwhealming from a distance which kept the more 'normal' males away. her thoughs did slide over to Kifo and she wondered for a moment where he might be. The other troll was a delight to chat with and he would definatly be one to practice on if she ever got the chance.

Paramekia Darkheart
[[xD I'll bring my natural flirt in. Biscuit should be able to handle all this is relatively good humour.]]

"Some of them could be," Ashura replied after a few moments of careful consideration. There would be those who would remain all day given they had little else to do, but there would be others who would not. Those who didn't would no doubt be in the forests but for those who did remain it would be their lucky day. Not only would it give Ashura a chance to barrage them with questions about her brother but it would give Malis a unique opportunity to practice what she had learnt.

Perhaps in the future those lessons might prove entertaining for her?

"We shall have to explore and find out," offering a smile, Ash turned on her heels and with a flick of her tail began to walk towards the lakes that weren't too far away. All in all, this would prove educational for the both of them.

"Any other questions before we practice?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah wouldn't know where to be startin' mon" The blue mare shrugged before turning in the direction of the lake. "Better jus' jump right in an' work t'ings out later. In a respect it be just like learning t' hunt. Ya gotta try at all ya can all at once. Ya not can go all half-hearted an' expect t' learn something." Malis though for a moment. "Except maybe learn that ya need t' try harder." She chuckled and picked her way through the bushes, leaving the pile of round pebbles she had collected. She might come back and continue practicing later and having them already there increased the practice time.

Bu the time they got to the lake the sun was nice and high and glinted off the water as well as anything shiny like the troll's bangles in her hair. Malis wondered fleetingly whether she should just wander up to one and snag him but decided it might be prudant to see what Ashura did first incase there was a procedure even just for picking the happless victim stallion who caught her eye first.

Paramekia Darkheart
It really was like a dance... The mare didn't even pause as she drifted closer to the soquili by the lake. Carefully arching her neck and thrusting her tail out slightly, the mare made certain that every contour of her body looked perfect. She'd seen the mares of her herd to it, had learned to mimic them and consequently...reaped the benefits in the process. It wasn't long before a few heads turned.

A pause, just long enough to toss her mane and dust her hooves and she was off again, finally choosing to settle beside a reasonably solitary stallion at the top edge of the lake. In her wake she left a number of bemused stallions including one with rather curly, sandy coloured locks. While he appeared mildly bemused he also appeared have a twinkle in his eyes.

...He almost seemed to know what she as up to!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Target sited, I'm going in... The trolls eyes narrowed as she spotted the bemused sandy-brown stallion. Like a wolf picking the weakest of the herd, she picked the more conveniant target, she wasn't looking for her type right now, just someone to practice on. Shaking her head so her dreads fell 'just so' she then kicked out her hoves like Ashura did and made her careful way towards him, moving past him slightly making sure he got a chance to gaze upon her well rounded rump before turning back and eyeing him though a bright red curtain. For the moment she decided to stay silent so she could watch the effect of just her visage.

Paramekia Darkheart
Well, the spirits had certainly favoured him this afternoon and he wasn't about complain. The mild smile still remained on his lips as Malis made her own attempt - while her steps weren't as fluid as the other mares they had their own unique way about them. All in all, the peculiar appearance merely served to make him cant his head to the side as he observed her. Bit by bit things were falling into place, slowly but surely her display came full circle.

...And he had to admit the overall affect while not as well practised as others was certainly not at all bad. According to her own boy and the strong muscles in her limbs, she was not against exercise and given her size...well he wouldn't have been surprised if she intimidated a number. Not him though! Ever one to meet a challenge he merely flashed his usual rakish smile and fixed his gaze more firmly on the mare.

"I be sayin', ye got the most lovely locks I be seein' in a long time," he spoke up at last, tossing his own head to move the curly locks away from his eyes. Any excuse to get a better look at the mare, given that he virtually worshipped the female form!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll looked him over now she was in closer proximity and liked what she saw. He was not afraid of her size which was refreshing and his speech was quite pleasing to the ear. "Why thank ya mon." Malis grinned, her tusk showing in the sun before she remembered to tilt her head just so that it didn't show as much. Her other broken tusk was still slightly visible but much less noticable. "It be takin' many years t' grow mah hair this long an' ah be takin' good care o' it." She watched as he did his own posing and shook his mane out of his eyes. With a slight smile she added, "Ah be thinkin' ya locks be mighty perty too. Mah name be Malis Delnaria but most call me Malis. What be t' name ah be calling ya?"

Paramekia Darkheart
"Me name nae be as pleasant as yers," he offered another small smile, taking a quick mental note of her unusual tusks in the process. He had seen a lot of strange things adorn a soquili but he had to admit that tusks were a first. The most he could do was assume they were rather large teeth - they were obviously well cared for though.

"Most be callin' me Biscuit," he explained after a few moments, flicking his tail against his flank. The most he could do in response to her compliment was to offer a small bow of his head in thanks. Unaccustomed to receiving compliments, he was more used to giving them out and that was about the most he could muster.

"Have te ask though," he was never one to be particularly subtle when he was curious and she seemed reasonably approachable, "How ye be gettin' ye hair te sit like that, it must be really, really thick!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis almost rolled her eyes. This was the second time someone had mentioned her hair in one day! Putting aside the fact that this was a day she had met not one but two new characters... well and the fact that she didn't usually wander towards large groups but away. The troll chuckled and shook out her dreads. "Ah not be wantin' ya t' be board o'er the long version but in short it be taking a lot o' time t' tease t' hair into each bundle then ya wrap it with t' strips o' cloth. After t' bangles keep t' hair together so it not be fallin' out." There was more to it, like certain plants helped the hair stay in place and she never unwound the dreads, even to wash them. It took quite a bit to keep them clean and healthy but she though it was worth it to keep her hair out of the way.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:20 pm
The Games we play - Malis and Biscuit (part 4)

Paramekia Darkheart
She had weird hair! He was entitled to ask as far as he was concerned and seemed reasonably satisfied with her answer. So there was bound to be a much more complicated approach to the whole thing but given his hair wasn't long enough it didn't matter anyway. Thus, it was with a small nod that he accepted her explanation accordingly.

...Although he would have loved to know where she got those twinkly bangle things.

"Fair enough," he mused after a few moments before chuckling, by that eye roll she found the topic to be a little boring anyway. "Nae many mares be havin' the hair in such an unusual style, jes' curious if ye dinnae mind me askin'," he smiled mildly and shook his head. "Although I must be sayin' I have nae seen ye around before, ye be new te the area or jes' residin' in more pleasant climates?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll snorted softly before answering, "Well ah might not be around t' lake all t' time but ah been away from t' Barrens for a long time now." She almost seemed a little wistful as she thought about her homeland but then again she had left to see the world and wasn't planning on going back any time soon. "Ah be usually around t' forest an' t' mountains. It be nice an' cool o'er there. T' sun be a little on t' bright side when shinin' on t' lake. Not quite sure how ya be standin' it." Malis shook her head slightly and squinted in the direction of the lake where the midday sun had chosen to gleam upon all around. This did have the interesting effect of highlighting her features from under which gave her an almost ethereal look.

Paramekia Darkheart
The Barrens? Was she referring to where Azumoth lived or somewhere else? The stallion wasn't entirely sure and could do not more than shrug the words off. Sometimes it was so much easier not to question and that's exactly what he chose to do. Instead, he focused on her other words and his smile lifted just a little more at what she said next.

She thought he lived by the water?

"I be knowin' how the mountains are, I do live there," He pointed out in a pleasant manner, canting his head to the side to encourage the curly locks to get out of his face. Unfortunately this wasn't his day as his requests were blatantly ignored by his rebellious mane. A shame really, as he wanted a better look. "Reason I be copin' with the heat is 'cause I spend most of me day fishin'," he continued after a few moments of consideration. She probably had no idea how he intended to fish but that was what he did.

"Best te look at the lake out o' the corner o' yer eye when yer so close though, makes it easier."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. This time the blue mare's snort was louder and sounded a little more like a laugh. "How in Durotar do ya plan t' fish wit' no hands?" She knew what fishing was having seen the two-legger she happened t stay with fish with nets and other implements. While it might be possible to knock a fish out of the water the troll figured he would have to be very silent and move very slow to not scare the fish away. Malis knew from experience that fish were very slippery creatures. That and who would want to go into the water and get wet? The fact that he lived in the mountains hadn't sunk in yet and her next wondering was why she hadn't met him sooner if that was the case...

Paramekia Darkheart
She'd probably had met him and hadn't realized it. She'd been on his lands very briefly before but at the time he had been nothing more than a foal. Granted, he had been maturing fast but he was also a bit of an explorer which might have explained his absence. Maybe she just hadn't been looking hard enough when she was up there - he didn't make a habit of hiding from the view of the public!

"Ye dinnae need hands te fish," he pointed out coolly and shook his head. It was nice to have something over another, it gave him a sense of pride and duty...plus it was a talking point. He had taught a number of individuals to fish (mostly females) and everyone of them had enjoyed it but considered it to be the most unusual of experiences.

"Ye jes' need skill and speed," he purred delicately before motioning to the lake, "If ye know what yer doin', it be easy, aye?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Nothing about him reminded of if she had even met him before. A mare that was coloured like him did come to mind... something about a treasure hunt she had participated in shortly after arriving into the Kawani lands. "Well ah be always one t' learn new ways t' be huntin'. It always be interestin' when ya be learnin' somethin' new." Malis nodded slightly before realizing that she would probably have to get wet to learn how to fish... unless he had a dryer way to do so. She muttered under her breath before deciding to bear the slight inconvenience in favor of learning a new skill.

Paramekia Darkheart
Well getting wet was a bit of a given due to the fact that fish lived in the water. In order to get them out you definitely had to wade in and while he couldn't read minds he could swear she uttered something along those lines. Was he to assume therefore that she didn't like water? It was odd, but a lot of those he had met recently didn't really enjoy getting wet - most couldn't even swim!

Lowland soquili could be odd sometimes.

That being said, not many knew how to fish either so a highland soquili coming down to teach them was BOUND to make them think the exact same as he did about them. Actually, they probably thought he was even more weird than he thought they were. Honestly, there was a world of a difference despite the short distance.

"I'd hardleh call it huntin', ye dinnae eat them - it jes' be sport," he explained, not entirely sure if he wanted to teach the mare something just so she could eat the poor critters! Now that he thought about it, that was probably what those tusks were for, they looked like rather big teeth to him.

"Usually competitive ye know, ye'd have te be strong and patient...aye?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Now that her mind had been made up about the prospect of getting wet the troll looked forward to the fishing lesson. Maybe after she could teach him how to stalk smaller critters... or the Hoof-it game that Ashura had been interested in. The blue mare looked around for a moment to see if she was still around but didn't spot her in the first sweep of her bloodred gaze. "Why ya been huntin' if ya not doin' anything wit' them after?" Malis had never heard of hunting for sport. She shrugged it off, however, maybe fish didn't taste that good to his palette. "Competative ah can be dealin' wit' strenght be no problem and patience comes wit' t' territory. Ah be game an' ready."

Paramekia Darkheart
Damn right it didn't taste nice on his palette! He didn't eat fish and the idea of eating them made him shudder. He wasn't appalled by the mare though, merely uncertain as to whether or not he should teach her the art. His herd viewed fishing with great fondness and never used it to 'dine' - it was merely a game in which the most patient and skilled often won. Those who perfected it could rarely be beaten unless they deliberately set themselves up for a fall.

So was it really right to let her learn when she wanted to just eat the fish?

"I be fishin' cause it's fun, nae cause I want te dine on them!" He chirped in horror before shaking his head and releasing a chuckle, "I nae be teachin' ye if ye gonna be hurtin' the poor things as they try te recover from the surprise of bein' caught ye know..."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "But wont t' act o' bein' caught be enough t' hurt them?" Malis was partially surprised that this stallion condoned the act of senseless violence without necessity of food or it's fur or bones. Antagonizing larger critters or other trolls was another story as they had a way of fighting back usually, her tusk to attest to that, but a small defenseless fish? "Ah be meanin' why ya toss t' little scailies out o' the water an' leave them gaspin' for t' bubbles if ya not gona be doin' anything wit' them?"
If she couldn't eat them or save the fish oils that she used to help take care of her hair, what was the point in learning how to fish. What a waste!

Paramekia Darkheart
"I nae be leavin' them gaspin' fer air!" Biscuit seemed appalled and gawked accordingly. This mare was vicious! He couldn't quite believe it but she had a vicious streak - a practical vicious streak if there ever was one but still vicious. So she may not have had leathery wings or those huge fangs but she bloody well could have rivalled them in terms of questionable behaviour.

Seriously, why would he leave them gasping for air?

"I nae be cruel, it be a game and it dinnae hurt 'em, they swim away righ' after!" He protested with equal vigour and shook his head. Fishing was a sport, an entertaining sport and that alone. It was not an excuse to kill things like a human would and as far as he was concerned he wasn't about to teach any crazy mare how to fish if she was going to gut the poor thing!

"They jes' be givin' a flyin' lesson in the process!"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "An how would ya be likin' it if ya got tossed in t' air by a big force o' nature?" Malis snorted with her eyes flashing in indignation. "Ya be callin' it a game an' then call ma self t' cruel one? Ah be thinkin' ya barkin' up t' wrong troll there. Ah not be t' one who be playin' a game of hurtin' t' smaller critters. When ah be huntin' it be for necessity not for t' pleasure o' mine." The blue mare tossed her hair back, lifting her head up so that she almost towered over him... almost, while she was larger than the mares of this land, her high was equal to most stallions. "A game be somet'ing like Hoof-it... with inanimate objects... not live targets." She knew the differance between a kalona and a normal looking soquili but this one seemed to defy those stereotypes!

Paramekia Darkheart
"Ye be talkin' nonsense...there be no such thing as an inanimate object!" Biscuit snapped back stubbornly, puffing up his chest he recalled the words of his Aunt and her explanation of all that existed in the world. He had always assumed that something that didn't move had nothing inside it but he had been wrong. It had been through his aunt that he had learnt that everything that existed in the world had a spirit - it may not move but it was there.

Everything that existed was there for a reason, it had a spirit deep inside it.

"Everythin' be 'avin' somethin' inside it so if'fn ye be kickin' stuff then ye be kickin' the spirit in there too!" He continued, flicking his tail against his flank as he observed the mare for a long time and then shook his head. These foreigners were always so weird and had such peculiar views - she called him cruel and she was the one kicking about spirits that couldn't even fight back.

BARBARIAN!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis splutters, "Ya be thinkin' t' rocks be havin' feelings?" She howled with laughter. "Ah be commin' here t' learn ya customs but ya be too odd for t' like o' mah self!" The troll had a difficult time breathing she was laughing so hard. She didn't mean to be rude but the concemt of emotional rosk just blew her away. Tears were in her eyes by the time she got everything back under control. "Ah be sorry but ya have t' be some wierd stallion there." She shook her head, her long dreads swaying our and the bangles clinking together. Never in all her days did Malis think she would meed so different a people.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:24 pm
Woah.. Purple Stallion in Town! - Lavandula and Rasui

Lady Kitania
User Image

What a dreary day... The sun barely shown at all and the sky was filled with heavy and dark-looking clouds. A wind blew about that threatened to bring rain and more wind about, making this purple mare snort with disgust. This just didn't seem like it was going to be a very good day for her.

So, instead of trotting about in the open meadow with the sun shining on her back, she sat underneath her giant willow tree, watching the skies above her as they grew darker and darker. Rain was on it's way... And it seemed like that would only dampen this mare's spirits.

With a sigh and a shake of her head, the purple mare leaned her neck up against the trunk of the tree, just hoping that something interesting would happen... Anything at all!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rain... Rasui hated rain. He glanced upwards and mentally scowled at the sky hoping that it would hold out until he got to the new place he called home. It wasn't until the ominous thunder rumbled above his head that he started looking for a good place to be incase the heavens decided to put forth their worst. Trotting a little faster he spotted some willows in the distance. Not perfect, but it'll do for now, he though to himself as he sped up the pace. Large drops were falling by the time he got under the woven branches and he skittered to a quick halt with wide eyes.

This willow was already occupied... by another purple soquili... by a beautiful mare... Rasui's jaw dropped as his mind tried to backpedal it's way out from under the tree. "Umm... hello, sorry for barging in... water... falling outside... figured it was empty..."

Stupid, stupid, stupid! The dreamer mentally hit himself, usually he wasn't so tounge tied but he didn't expect the first out-of-clan soquili to be such a pretty female.

Lady Kitania
Instantly, the purple mare looked up as soon as she saw someone else come in from under the weeping branches of the willow. However, she was not ready for the surprise that her eyes witnessed. Standing there, right in front of her, babbling away like a brook, was a very gorgeous purple stallion. His body shined with that of rain water and odd golden stripes. His eyes were golden-looking too, and they instantly captured the mare's attention, as they seemed to be the only bright and beautiful thing around in this dreary weather.

With her own jaw slightly dropped, the mare just shook her head, trying to get it back together and still act smooth, which it seemed this stallion had already lost.

"It's alright.. You can stay. I'm hiding from the rain too... As.. It's wet.. And.. I don't like.. Water..?" Oh yea... That was definitely smooth...

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rasui stood under the willowtree as what rain drops that had scored a hit made their slow way down his braids. He wasn't to keen to be wet but at least he had escaped being drenched... and at least he would dry soon. The dreamer's light mood cheered himself up and he turned to the purple mare with a smile. "And so who might I be shairing this lovely tree with?" Rasui admired her marking that seemed to be similar to the flowers that adorned her hair. The faint smell of lavendar wafted towards him and he lightly snuffled, catching the scent in his mind like butterflys on a sunny day. He liked that sutle flowery smell, it reminded him of spring in the mountains when the lavendar covered the hill sides... "Lavendar! That's what you remind me of!" Looking a little closer at the flowers in her hair he finally recognized it.

Lady Kitania
The purple mare couldn't help but to blush and giggle slightly at this purple stallion's reactions. He was very funny, yet kind of weird.. But in a good way, of course. Shaking her head some as a few suttle rain drops hit and slid down her mane, she looked at the stallion, trying her very best to be lucious.

"My name is Lavandula, but you may call me Lav if you wish. What's your name? I don't believe you've told me yet."

A little more rain came down as the wind blew, making the branches shake themselves dry. This highly annoyed Lavandula, but she dealt with it, as she didn't want to leave this gorgeous stallion here alone. Who else would do their best to befriend him?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh I'm Rasui." The dreamer puffed out his chest for a moment, looking quite comical as he attempted to strut in place with his braids dripping wet. "I'm very pleased to meet you. It brightens the day as the sun which peeks from between the rain clouds, bringing the promice of warmer days to follow." It was at that moment the willow decided to drop another torrent of water atop his head. "Gyah! Not very good teepee is it?" He frowned at the tree before feeling the laughter bubble up inside. he was sure he looked quite funny right now.

Lady Kitania
"No.. It's not.. But it's all I could find on such short notice. If you know of a better place though, we could go there maybe?"

She was desperate to get away from the dripping rain water, but at the same time, she didn't want to leave this tree. Honestly, this is where she spent most of her days, so it was like a miniature home to her. Still, if she could leave, just for a little while, to escape the irritating water droplets, she would indeed.

"And I brighten the day for you? Well, thank you, I think." She shook her head some more, trying to clear the water from her mane, the lavender that was tucked behind her ear slowly falling off.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Nah... I doubt going out there would keep us any drier." The purple soquili stuck his head close to the dripping fronds and peered out. "It looks much more... wetter that it does in here, by the time we find somewhere else we'll be drenched." Rasui tried to think of what to do when she made a comment about what he had said. "Your welcome, but I only ever say the truth." He smiled at her for a moment and made a smallish bow. "I would much prefer to spend this wet afternoon with you than a sunny one on my own. Besides it's not everyday I get to chat with someone as pretty as the flower they are named after." Catching the falling flower in his teeth he mumbled around it, "I tink this ish yoursh."

Lady Kitania
A small flush of a light blush swept over Lavandula's cheeks, slightly nodding as the stallion asked her about the lavender that had fallen out of her mane, from behind her ear.

"Umm.. Yes.. That's mine.. Thank you.. Could you.. Possibly put it back.. For me..? It's a little hard to do it on my own... As you can guess."

This was a little awkward for her. She normally didn't stutter when it came to speaking to a stallion, so this was a big first for her. Why did she stutter? He was nice.. And his colors were so beautiful.. But was she supposed to be stuttering up like this? No.. No.. Right..?

"Yes, I guess you're right. It's much more dry in here than it is out there." That's when she caught what he said, which only made her stutter some more. "You'd rather be in here.. With me... Than outside.. On a sunny day? Well.. Uhhhh.. Umm.. Hehe... Thank you.. So much..." There she went again, rambling off and stuttering. What was wrong with her? She couldn't even get the right words out!

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "...k" Rasui mumbled around the flower stalk and carefully tucked it back behind her ear, making sure the lavendar was caught properly into the hair so it wouldn't fall out. Up close and personal, her light floral smell was enticing and he 'accidently' nuzzeled at her hair and snuffled lightly. The purple stallion suddenly remembered himself and pulled away turning slightly to move back to the spot he was before. He bearly knew the girl and already he was flirting, Man... he needed help. With an innocent smile, as if he hadn't done anything but replce the flower as he asked, Rasui chuckled. "Your most welcome Miss Lavandula."

Lady Kitania
Lavandula definitely couldn't say that she didn't realize that Rasui had gotten very close to her. In fact, she didn't mind that much, even though she honestly knew that she should. She didn't know this stallion, no matter how sweet and gorgeous he was... But.. She loved to flirt with others, and with this stallion already flirting with her, she had an even better chance at casually flirting with him.

"Oh, thank you, Mr. Rasui. You're so kind to help me like that." Well, now her stuttering had gone away. What was up with that? "Would you like to come sit down for awhile? I don't think standing is going to make this rain go away any faster."

The purple mare flashed a soft smile, nudging the ground next to her, trying to get the purple stallion to come and sit down with her. Hopefully, this rain would last a very long time.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well I don't see any reason why not too. Though I might choose to go the other side of you as it looks a little dryer." He moved around her and then settled his weight down close by and yet far away enough that both had some personal space. "So I'm guessing that sitting under trees isn't your only favroite past-time. What other things do you like to do?" He was passing the time away until the rain let up enough to make his way to a dryer location but at the same time was content to let this 'self-imposed exile' last a little longer.

Lady Kitania
Well, he had gone on the other side of her. That was still alright. After all, she wasn't supposed to be flirting, as she had concluded that it was bad for her health.

"Well, I mainly like to just explore the land, and meet new Soquili, like yourself. I love to be able to see how different they all look. Take you, for example. You're a purple stallion, and I've never seen one anywhere before. You're so unique to me."

The mare looked up for a second as a drop of water hit her nose, making her snort some. It was still raining.. And the clouds were still dark. Oh well, she guessed, looking back down at Rasui.

"What about you?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "It's not everyday I get to meet a soquili with such a strong affilliation to flowers." Actually that wasn't quite true as Imogen seemed to have a love of flowers also but then she also had an afilliation with just about anything girly so he wasn't quite sure it counted. He decided not to volunteer that information and settled on complements instead. "Especially one who has a colour that complements my own." He smiled and flicked her lightly with his tail, the braids landing with soft thuds. While his position was a little further away from the one she had indicated, he had a much better vantage point to observe her curves.

Lady Kitania
She smiled once more, putting her head down in slight happiness and slight embarrassment. She felt the flick of his tail, and tried her best to flick him back, but didn't have as much luck since her tail was so long. It merely flopped out and fell down.

"Yes, it is nice to see another stallion who's as, or may be even more, purple than myself. It's kind of relieving to know I'm not the only one who sticks out like a sore hoof."

She giggled a bit, looking at Rasui afterwards. His golden-looking eyes were still looking at her, being big, bright, and beautiful. They complimented the rest of his body so well, as his markings and some of his hair was the same color. So gorgeous.... That her eyelids began to flutter without her realizing it.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Sticks out like a sore-hoof?" Rasui shook his head. "Purple is the colour of kings and Queens. Imogen herself came over from a land where a King rules over the two-leggers and she says that only he can wear purple. Sticking out like a sore hoof sounds so bad. I prefer rare, special, unique or even 'touched by the spirits'. Never anything bad..." Rasui shook his head again before adding. "You definatly look like a queen to me, you should have a crown of lavandar upon your head instead of just that one stalk." Looking around he had an idea and began tugging at one of the low branches of the willow, trying to pull off a strand but only managing to drop more water on the both of them.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff