Advice for Life Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ErinsChaos

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:07 am
Zercia
I need a advice I have a friend who keeps up with a behaviour that gets other people to do something she hates. For the longest time she didn't see she was doing it. We fought one day about this it been building up for months. She said she does do it but it is not her want for what people are doing to her. Bottom line if your going to put it out there people are going to go after it. I totally believe she likes it and wants the attention she is getting but not wanting me to believe she it.
She is being fake to me and I am getting to the point I am starting to hate her. I am hating her so much that it is driving me crazy. Trust me she is one of the people I left to get away from I thought little time away from her would help that. We could fix it. All I want is her to be truthful to me and herself. See the truth if you like being a flirt and a tease then do it. Let people desiring you and wanting you that is fine you can't complain about it later. Be truthful to these people too don't play them. I always beleive in the what you see is what you get. How do I stop this turing into hate? how do I fix this friendship. stressed sweatdrop

First and foremost *hugs* As for the question at hand... I don't enitrely agree with Joe.. (I'd hate to see the friendship lost over this) and yet I don't disagree with him either. Friendships have to be based on honesty and openess. And you don't feel like she's being honest, the problem is though.. I think she probably isn't being honest with herself and therefore doesn't even realize she isn't being honest with you. Unfortunately you can't make someone else see or change their flaws... now I understand you aren't asking her to change, just admit that she's doing it and stop complaining about the reactions she gets from doing it. If it is bothering you so much that you are clearly stressing over it than really you do only have two options.. You can either continue to try and help your friend "see the light" and error of her ways.. which I honestly don't see happening or you do as Joe suggested and perhaps draw back a bit from the friendship...

Personally? It depends on how good the friendship was to begin with as to what I would do... I would either tell her that I'm not asking her to change simply to quit complaining to me about it because I think she is bringing it upon herself and then hope that she would understand and we could keep the friendship or I would do as Joe suggested and just back off the friendship... She can't keep complaining if I quit answering the phone right? Well let us know how it goes okay Z? *hugs again*  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:08 am
Thanks everybody I did talk to her after it is ok for now but we will see in four months I was just scared because I was fighting my own demons with this.

Zercia  

Zercia

JoeEuphonium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:36 pm
what demons are those Zerc? are you saying that you see a bit of yourself in her?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:40 pm
JoeEuphonium
what demons are those Zerc? are you saying that you see a bit of yourself in her?

No they are my own things I did when I was younger in my collage years. It was a long time ago I learned alot from it. About myself and people it cheaps up at times. It was used when I was hurt by someone. Don't worry we all have our own Demons.  

Zercia

JoeEuphonium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:21 pm
Yes we do. Yes we do. But that doesn't mean that there aren't loved ones that want to help you bear them Zerc.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:04 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX4br4w9g5E

I did a page on this song a long time ago and the meaning behind the song. It took me a long time to really get out of were I placed myself. Right now I am trying to really understand the Karma rule. I do understand it but following it is hard.
Right Speach and right thoughts.
I think of this one right now. The other day I said to someone I wish you luck and the person I don't need that. Apart of me wanted to wish them bad luck at the moment. Bad for my Karma to have this though how do you change that? I really don't want them bad luck but doesn't mean I have to have them around. There is apart of me that wants them to fail. That I know is not right now. How do you change to right though and speach?  

Zercia

JoeEuphonium

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:18 pm
Zercia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX4br4w9g5E

I did a page on this song a long time ago and the meaning behind the song. It took me a long time to really get out of were I placed myself. Right now I am trying to really understand the Karma rule. I do understand it but following it is hard.
Right Speach and right thoughts.
I think of this one right now. The other day I said to someone I wish you luck and the person I don't need that. Apart of me wanted to wish them bad luck at the moment. Bad for my Karma to have this though how do you change that? I really don't want them bad luck but doesn't mean I have to have them around. There is apart of me that wants them to fail. That I know is not right now. How do you change to right though and speach?

*sits back and seriously thinks....this is a really tough question zercia. I as someone who believes in free will want to believe that we can all change. But society tells us that who we are is programed into us by our environment and those around us. If thats the case...maybe changing your enviornment and who you interact with will also help you change to the right thought and right speech.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:15 am
A classical method for transforming unskillful patterns of thoughts (which lead to unskillful speech and actions) is mindfulness meditation. I have taken five 10-day Vipassana Meditation Retreats where we meditated for 12 hours each day and practiced noble silence (no speech) and they changed my life. http://www.dhamma.org/ the courses are free, and the food is vegetarian.

Don't under-estimate the the power of hatha yoga or tai chi.
As you transform your relationship with your body, you also transform your relationship with the world.

(sorry if this post is kinda dry biggrin )  

kool ken

Zercia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:25 am
I will take a look Ken for sure. Thanks everybody.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:01 pm
kool ken
A classical method for transforming unskillful patterns of thoughts (which lead to unskillful speech and actions) is mindfulness meditation. I have taken five 10-day Vipassana Meditation Retreats where we meditated for 12 hours each day and practiced noble silence (no speech) and they changed my life. http://www.dhamma.org/ the courses are free, and the food is vegetarian.

Don't under-estimate the the power of hatha yoga or tai chi.
As you transform your relationship with your body, you also transform your relationship with the world.

(sorry if this post is kinda dry biggrin )

Five different 10 day retreats... why so many..besides the fact that it seems like the most relaxing thing anyone would want to do. Do you find your self relapsing ken and find that you need to get another clean slate?

I agree about transforming the relationship with your body .... although...i dont do tai chi or yoga...its.....a subject that would have been good for that thread that never was thats what it is.  

JoeEuphonium

kool ken

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:30 pm
JoeEuphonium
Five different 10 day retreats... why so many..besides the fact that it seems like the most relaxing thing anyone would want to do. Do you find your self relapsing ken and find that you need to get another clean slate?

I agree about transforming the relationship with your body .... although...i dont do tai chi or yoga...its.....a subject that would have been good for that thread that never was thats what it is.

That was over a period of 7 years. Why so many? You go deeper. You become more aware. One retreat is just a tiny step in the long journey of awakening. Clean slate? That only happened once, my divorce. wink  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:01 am
kool ken
JoeEuphonium

That was over a period of 7 years. Why so many? You go deeper. You become more aware. One retreat is just a tiny step in the long journey of awakening. Clean slate? That only happened once, my divorce. wink

*manly hug*  

JoeEuphonium

JoeEuphonium

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 8:59 pm
Oct 10 is my wifes birthday. She's going to be turning 30. I wanted to throw her a surprise party but she said not to... I think its the don't do it but really do it test. She says that she'd rather have a tattoo (which would be her first) rather than a party. She also wants a printer but I'm not going to get that for her thats like buying a washing machine for our aniversary. I was thinkng of taking her out to the Island for a romantic dinner for two. And then take her for her Tattoo afterwards... what do you think?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:56 pm
JoeEuphonium
Oct 10 is my wifes birthday. She's going to be turning 30. I wanted to throw her a surprise party but she said not to... I think its the don't do it but really do it test. She says that she'd rather have a tattoo (which would be her first) rather than a party. She also wants a printer but I'm not going to get that for her thats like buying a washing machine for our aniversary. I was thinkng of taking her out to the Island for a romantic dinner for two. And then take her for her Tattoo afterwards... what do you think?

I think that sounds really great Joe! I hope you guys have a wonderful night smile  

Camwen

Distinct Dabbler

JoeEuphonium

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:23 pm
Camwen
JoeEuphonium

I think that sounds really great Joe! I hope you guys have a wonderful night smile

Well work kinda messed up my plans for her birthday....i have to work that night...But I did go out and buy some other things that she had been wanting. I will take her out Thursday night instead of tomorrow night and then take her for her tattoo after that. She wants to get our kids name tattooed on her. I kinda wanted to ask what about me ... but I don't think i want to go there.  
Real Life: Well Being & Getting to Know Your Fellow Guildies

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff