Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Necrons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:09 pm
Faeruithir
I agree, whats the point of having extremely expensive close combat squads that have no power weapons? Terminators have power weapons and they can be just as hard (if not harder) to kill than bikes, and if you deep strike with them they are almost as mobile, at least for that turn.
however, they cost about twice as much.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:27 pm
DarkElf27
Faeruithir
I agree, whats the point of having extremely expensive close combat squads that have no power weapons? Terminators have power weapons and they can be just as hard (if not harder) to kill than bikes, and if you deep strike with them they are almost as mobile, at least for that turn.

thats true if you include all the nice heavy weapon choices, but just a squad of 5 with a sergent costs 210 while a squad of 5 shining spears with exarch is 270.

hmmmmmm, now that i think about it though, i'd much rather have the 5 spears than the 5 terminators.....  

Faeruithir

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:29 pm
Faeruithir
DarkElf27
Faeruithir

thats true if you include all the nice heavy weapon choices, but just a squad of 5 with a sergent costs 210 while a squad of 5 shining spears with exarch is 270.

hmmmmmm, now that i think about it though, i'd much rather have the 5 spears than the 5 terminators.....
Exactly. I love mowing down Termies with a Landspeeder squad, 2 HB,s and 1 Mulit melta. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:46 pm
Ahh Necrons suck. They are wayyyy over powered.  

Tojju

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 7:28 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
Iwouldnt know, ive never played against them.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 11:38 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine

OVER powered? If the Necrons are Over powered then the Tau are the cheapest army ever.

I've battled Necrons several times...although used poorly their men could not stand to the onslaught of Tau technology. Monolithes perish to Hammerheads, and men get plowed down by two organized teams of Fire Warriors.

So far I'm not impressed.... good fluff though...  

Shattered_Glass

Tojju

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:22 pm
Shattered_Glass
Yahiko_Meoshine

OVER powered? If the Necrons are Over powered then the Tau are the cheapest army ever.

I've battled Necrons several times...although used poorly their men could not stand to the onslaught of Tau technology. Monolithes perish to Hammerheads, and men get plowed down by two organized teams of Fire Warriors.

So far I'm not impressed.... good fluff though...
Tau can destroy them because they can blast them away before they get into true cc with them. Have Eldar which ISN'T a full long-ranged army like the Tau, you take a lot more casualities especially when their lord can transport him and his troops to anywhere on the battlefield every turn.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 7:30 am
My old marine chapter went head to head in a 4000 point battle against white necrons last week. This was to be their final ever battle before they are replaced by the new legion of marines i'm painting.
Overview..
The battle was quite straightforward, both of us going for the "as many models as you can get" strategy with two HQ choices.
Force Commander Bob (Yes, he was given THAT honour for the final engagement) managed to take down 12 necrons AND a necron lord with his team before they were taken down by a group of wandering immortals... A tragic end to the greatest hero whom ever lived within the imperium.
Quite quirkily however, directly after bob's defeat, ALL of my rolls for black rage came up rage 6". (playing 3rd ed) and ran forward towards the enemy. The Necrons were outnumbered in swarms of red and black (the customised colors of the old army) and knocked down.
The battle ended with the necrons destroyed and only 15% of the Sanguine army left standing... Which surprisingly included 3 scouts, and a half-dead Chaplain. Sadly, Bob has met his match... No soldier to lead the brave new frontier into 4th edition.. But, his memory shall live on in my next force commander, whom will be painted with similar markings in his honour.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Tojju

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:33 am
Cagalli Yura Attha
My old marine chapter went head to head in a 4000 point battle against white necrons last week. This was to be their final ever battle before they are replaced by the new legion of marines i'm painting.
Overview..
The battle was quite straightforward, both of us going for the "as many models as you can get" strategy with two HQ choices.
Force Commander Bob (Yes, he was given THAT honour for the final engagement) managed to take down 12 necrons AND a necron lord with his team before they were taken down by a group of wandering immortals... A tragic end to the greatest hero whom ever lived within the imperium.
Quite quirkily however, directly after bob's defeat, ALL of my rolls for black rage came up rage 6". (playing 3rd ed) and ran forward towards the enemy. The Necrons were outnumbered in swarms of red and black (the customised colors of the old army) and knocked down.
The battle ended with the necrons destroyed and only 15% of the Sanguine army left standing... Which surprisingly included 3 scouts, and a half-dead Chaplain. Sadly, Bob has met his match... No soldier to lead the brave new frontier into 4th edition.. But, his memory shall live on in my next force commander, whom will be painted with similar markings in his honour.
Cool. Sounded like a good battle.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:53 pm
Yahiko_Meoshine
Cagalli Yura Attha
Overview..
Do not mock the death of Bob. He was a good man...  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Tojju

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:38 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
Yahiko_Meoshine
Cagalli Yura Attha
Overview..
Do not mock the death of Bob. He was a good man...
Yes but he fought hard and was honored with a warrior's death.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:41 pm
He was meant to lead the new army into battle. Now all we have is his lucky armor insignia.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Tojju

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:42 pm
Cagalli Yura Attha
He was meant to lead the new army into battle. Now all we have is his lucky armor insignia.
But his spirit shall accompany you to each battle you fight.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:45 pm
My army should have additional rules...
"Black Rage re-roll" If any marine passes or fails their black rage check at the start of a turn, you may choose to re-roll it in memory of Bob.

Wargear: "Bob Insignia" The character's armor is painted identical to Bob's, and all members of this character's team (including the character) re-roll missed "to hit" rolls in both ranged and close combat.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Faeruithir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 6:15 pm
hold on, was bob totally killed in the battle, or was he simply wounded so much that he was removed as a casualty? correct me if i'm wrong, but don't the geatest heros of space marine chapters become dreadnoughts? why not custom build one of those monstosities for bob? from what you said about him, i think he would have wanted it instead of the alternative of dying all together and failing his emporer in battle.  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 66 67 68 69 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff