Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Zenobiath's Hatching] In Their Eyes Shine Stars Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

sariraii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:07 am
Kyzier - Ruunan
They grinned at Ruunan. "Aww, c'mon, don't sell yourself short. I bet any dragon would be lucky to have ya." Ruunan seemed so sweet and adorable. They were determined to adopt him, despite...not really being old enough to be his parent. They might be the sort to make friends easily and gain attachments quickly, but they saw something unique in Ruunan. He seemed...soft. Gentle. Maybe like he needed someone to protect him.

And I'll do it, they thought to themselves, determined. Runny was pure, and needed their defense. Aloud, they said, "I didn't get to touch every egg, and if I'm honest, I don't actually remember which ones I got to touch before it was over. None of them really responded too strongly, you know?" Also, they were really forgetful, there was that.

After what felt like ages--they were tapping their foot on the sands, waiting with anticipation--the first egg hatched. It was Starry Night! Oh, what a handsome brown. A sturdy, strong color! He seemed displeased. Perhaps he just knew what he wanted, and found most of the candidates lacking? Had they touched his egg? Well, regardless, he could very well end up being their dragon! Who knew! Limitless possibilities, and all!

For now, they gave a little squeal of delight at the brown. "Oh, isn't he just darling? The first dragonet! What a lovely boy. Dragons are so wonderful...I can't wait until mine finds me."

Sweet Symmetry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:11 am
Ryala

Ah, so a brown was first this time! Though, to her eye, he didn't seem very pleased. Still, he looked like a strong, lovely fellow. Shifting slightly as the heat underfoot started affecting her, she brushed an errant strand of hair from her eyes and waited.

----------

Gwyn

Seeing the way the newly hatched brown's eyes were whirling, it seemed her initial impression had been correct. This one was not in a good mood. She didn't know what he was annoyed about, but with that red tone to his gaze, his displeasure was clear

Other eggs were still in motion as the brown looked around. Idly, she wondered if one of them would hatch before or after the new brown would do anything more.

----------

Avali

Everything seemed to be slowly building up, the excitement steadily rising as more eggs began to rock. One was moving pretty intensely now...

When the lovely starry egg broke, it completely took her by surprise. The brown hatchling that emerged was gorgeous, too! Oh my... who would he choose?  

Ryala

Blessed Mage

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:33 am
Sylfie and Hesperith

They had, of course, arrived promptly in spite the hour.  It would never do to be late to Hatching, middle of the night or not!  Sylfie was dressed simply, as always, her hair plaited into a loose braid that hung over her right shoulder, as though that would obscure the scars on that side of her face and neck.  Despite having had them for some time now, she was still self-conscious about them, and hiding behind her hair made her feel better, even if it didn't actually hide much.  It was the thought, more or less.  Regardless, she was ready quickly, pulling on a heavy coat before she and Hesperith made their way down.

Once she had settled in what she considered a prime spot, Hesperith reached out to a certain young bronze she found to be the most charming company. Dear Iweth, might you and Yours join me and Mine for such a spectacle?  I've procured a fine spot, and you would be hard-pressed to find a better view.

Sylfie was not the least bit surprised by the invitation her dragon extended for the both of them, nor was she displeased, though there was a flutter of nervousness.  With Theo having been a resident of High Reaches for over a Turn now, she naturally spent more time in her friend's company, and she was...beginning to realize that maybe she was fonder of him than just a friend.  Which of course was ridiculous, and so she kept it tightly bundled up and quiet; she never even mentioned it to Hesperith, though of course the gold was well aware.  She settled into her seat and braced herself for company in case they did accept - and knowing them, she doubted they would decline - as her trio of flits spilled out of her coat and into her lap, cheeping affection and cooing reassurance.

ShinosBee
emotion_kirakira

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:34 am
Ara (Western) - she/her

"Oh!" Ara exclaimed, clasping her hands together almost childishly in front of her chin. That brown with the red eyes was amazing!

In the back of her mind there was something she knew she was supposed to know about the colors of dragons' eyes. Indeed, having grown up on Pern it would have been impossible to be totally ignorant of what the colors heralded about dragons' moods, but in the excitement of the hatching Ara's mind was uncharacteristically hyperfocused on her surroundings to the exclusion of warnings and common sense.

She took a step forward, though only a small one.
_____

Tonori (High Reaches) - he/him

Some of the chatter on the sands died down as the first egg hatched and a brown dragon emerged, but not completely. Tonori was hardly indifferent to the handsome fellow, himself. It was impossible not to watch him, and not just for the practical reason that he was pointy on the majority of his extremities.

Tonori's gaze skimmed the rest of the clutch, noting that another egg had begun to move, but quickly his eyes returned to the newly-hatched brown. Even recognizing that the young dragon was furious and dangerous, there was a pang of wanting deep in the candidate's breast looking at him. He'd never thought there was much cause for a dragon to want him, and he still didn't know what the Search dragon had seen in him, both of which were things he tended not to think on overlong, but whenever hatchings came around he had a harder time maintaining his equanimity.

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:36 am
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

Miela's oh so cheerful spirit brought a smile to the candidate's face, shrugging. "Who knows, you might be out of here. Some babies might like a headstrong girl." She was quickly approaching aging out, but that was okay. Being able to greet the hatchlings on the sands was a wonderful chance that not many got, after all. She would enjoy it until she could no longer be permitted.

With a gentle shrug, she looked down at herself. "I don't know. I'm a twig -- I might blow away with a hard breeze."

Beaming at Dhawsn, she easily shrugged. "You get used to the winters in the mountains. Keep active. I imagine Western summers are pretty blistering, no?"

But the time for chatter died down, as the first egg split open, revealing.. a brown! She hadn't been able to swing by and say hello to Starry Night Egg, but the brown dragon was utterly stunning. "Hello darling, welcome to the world." It was his hatchday (as all of his other siblings'), and they deserved all the attention that was owed to them.

Spockat

Hattaki

Medigel

-----------

Ahula - HR Candidate - She/Her/Hers

The light punch had the waif of a girl still stagger, smiling at Urzoh. "Definitely awake now. Hard to believe they're finally coming." Wasn't it something, to stand for a clutch that came from a golden mother she had seen impress? Yet she only nudged her friend, looking out on the eggs as some near raced to be the first to hatch. "Which do you think--"

Oh! No more time for guessing games, as Starry Night Egg cracked and revealed the brown dragon inside. Angry though he was, he was stunning. "Handsome boy, isn't he?"

--------------

Wa’ren and Brown Caironairth - HR

Hard to believe, no? We were once that small? The massive brown rumbled, amused. Yet he looks fondly at the little ones shaking in their shells, his deep brassy hum welcoming them to the world with the other choir of hums. He curled around his old friend, sharing the warmth proper. This day is theirs, it should be all about them. But look at that strong brown boy.

"No doubt, the rush for klah was backed up. But babies will hatch when they want to, hm?" He graciously took a sip from J'er's mug, humming himself with how nice the taste was. "Thanks. Best to not fall asleep, hm?" Tucking an arm around the bluerider, he happily remarked on the little brown hatching fierce. "Spirited one, at that. What a handsome boy."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:39 am
Kahbrohm

There you are, he thought smugly at the handsome - and angry - brown that spilled from Starry Night egg. But Kahbrohm wasn't going to fall into the thrall and worship at the little dragon's feet just for that. But, he'd admire a little bit. It had been a good dragon to start off the touching, and now the hatching, with.

What would come next?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:51 am
blue sophrosunth

< Know? When have I ever known anything, dear brother? > Sophrosunth said with a chuckle. < You could fill the volumes of both weyrs' libraries with what I do not know and have more to spare. Never you mind me, I seem to be swept up in the proceedings. I do hope he has been courteous to you, Anakumath, > he added with a slight bow of his head, despite not being visible. < Elzebuth is, if nothing else, a character to be seen. How have you been? >

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

- - -

orri - he/him

"Hah, right. I bet the Impression would wake you up, though," Orri assured Dorok, and partially himself. "That's the dream coming to life there." Unconsciously or not, he mimicked the other boy's straightening, just in tie to see the eggs start to rock. He swallowed and prepared his welcome for--

--Starry Night! Orri hadn't touched that one--he had been with Ding Dong when the fussing came to a boiling point--but the brown that poured out made him coo. Orri stood up even straighter and gently nudged Dehka to follow suit. "Best foot forward!" he stage whispered, like his palms hadn't immediately broken into a cold sweat at the sound.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts. Strong future fighters and beautiful hides and wonderful hatchlings finding their perfect match.

"Which eggs did you guys visit?" he asked them to pass the time.

demon_pachabel

Tsunake

- - -

mel - she/her

Her lopsided smile remained even as she was eventually extricated from Haveli. "Lil boy, hah!" She snorted, her face wrinkling with the effort, before patting Kaiator's back and also freeing him from her grasp. They were given a reprieve. For now.

"Aw, s**t, look--!" This being Mel's first actual Hatching, she was struck by how stinking cute the dragonet was, even though he had the ol' red eyes and haughtiness. "Don't you lump me with those deadglows, Havi, I got spark." And even if she walked away without nothing, if it meant like a candlemark of watching babies walk and talk and maybe not maul, that was fine with her. "I'm just waitin' fer Candy Cane t'make its entrance. Told me it was gonna be memorable, so I'm waaaaitin'." She tapped her foot a few times.

houllow

Zaikt

- - -

dhawsn - he/him

Dhawsn gaped at Ramsii. "Never?" he gasped. "Aw, buckets Between, man, you missin' out! You cain' live 'til you at least go in the summer n' lay out on the sand in the sun, listenin' t'the waves, eatin' some fruit, playin' around...Mean, yeah, it gets hot," he added to Tuelara with a verbal shrug, "but ya can't sleep in th'cold. Sunbathin's way better by the water, under the shade've a tree...S'a real vacation sometimes."

Not that he had taken any recently. Not even the soothing rolls of the waves or the smell of the sea and sand had calmed his anxiety. He couldn't help his daughter or her mother and his friend, and they had left. Now here he was miles away, talking to more kids and maybe helping them instead, praying for a dragon even as that hope slipped further away. What poor facsimile of a man was he?

"Dunno if you can tell, but bein' active ain' my strong suit," Dhawsn said with a laugh and a pat of his large belly. "But! I been through my fair share a'hatchin's, so don'chu worry. I'm pretty good at bein' a meat shield, I'll keep ya safe."

Though hopefully he wouldn't need it. He eyed the first dragonet on the sands with a hopefuly smile.

Prism Shine
Quote:

Spockat

Hattaki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 10:54 am

No, no, no!!! NO!!!

The Holly Egg's shaking took on desperation as soon as the Starry Night Brown dragon made an unexpected appearance. That wasn't fair!!!

Shake, shake, shake--and quite suddenly the egg split into two, spilling a blue dragonet right onto the sands. He was nothing but a tangle of wings and legs as he had one caught beneath his claws, and the other flapping wildly. He tried to rise, but then fell to his side and rolled, flailing about, kicking up sand, and generally looking rather undignified.

Not that the blue seemed to mind.

Trumpeting, the blue certainly had a set of lungs--and he wasn't very happy.

No fair! I was gonna hatch first!! I'd started wiggling first--I should have won! There was a brief flash of anger and agitation within the blue who was still struggling to figure out how this walking-thing went. Look at everyone admiring his brother when he'd been the first to wriggle! He'd known he'd been the first, and had a plan on being the first one out! Stupid brother, ruining his show.

All his hopes and dreams dashed--and why was getting up so hard!? Like a fledgling, the little blue was nothing but a hot mess of wings, sands, and thrashing about.

He'd figure out his feet in a minute.

Maybe.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:00 am
[kaiator - he/him - HR]

And just like that, his attention had moved...admittedly elsewhere. The Brown was beautiful, he'd absolutely give him that, but Holly had been an egg that Kaiator was particularly fond of--and to see such a charming little Blue emerge from its shell, tangled or otherwise, brought a warmer smile to his face than he'd expected.
Hello again, sweetheart. With so many people near him, Kaiator didn't dare speak out loud. Sure, there was no guarantee the Blue would even notice him, but he'd feel remiss if he didn't greet him how he deserved. Never mind your brother--you can definitely still win if you find Yours first.
There was a slight, considering pause as he mulled over just the right words, brow furrowing.
And--good luck.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:08 am
Kinyegele

Kinye let out another small squeak of delight as yet another egg hatched! Oh! A small friend!

You are the first blue to hatch! You are still a winner little friend! she cheered on, hoping perhaps it would be enough to soothe the upset little hatchling's ire over losing. There were all sorts of battles, after all - and perhaps he would find his first! Oh! How nice would that have been?

Kinye was rooting for every baby to do that, though.

-----

Juhvek

"He is a lot more than that," Juhvek said, not disagreeing with Oranie's assertion that the brown from Starry Night egg was beautiful, but knowing each dragon was a complex being of their own on top of that. But, it was both her and Elibrie's first time watching a dragon hatch, now wasn't it?

"You like him for your first hatchling ever seen?" he asked between both girls, then paused as Holly suddenly split as well. Ah. This one was... "He's handsome too. Both are solid and reliable dragons, it seems." He'd always favored the idea of a blue himself. Maybe it was because of Alosha riding a green. Hmm.

Tsunake

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Spockat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:15 am
Rahmsii - [he/him] - HR

"Never seen it," he shrugged easily. "One cold place to the next. Sounds..interesting though." He was pale as a mountaintop, it was hard to think about what looking tan might make him look like, ha. "I'll take your word for it I think, but who knows I could get the wanderlust for it."

Rahmsii bumped his shoulder into Tuelarue. "That's the egg you painted on paper right? The one you Touched second? " He watched the little blue struggle and flap and right themself. Oh sweet thing.. you can do it. It's gonna to be alright.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 am
Tuelarua - HR Candidate, She/Her/Hers

"I almost came to swap for that last hatching at Western. I wondered how nice the beaches were, I might have to go see it for myself some day." With an easy shrug, she smiled. "Good to know I'll know someone there -- unless a baby here finds you." She did not include the candidate who had bitten her head off during the double hatching a friend -- or even an acquaintance. But that was water off a sea wherry's back.

But an egg she'd touched, the little Holly Egg, had finally split open -- and the upset blue made her heart go out for him. Oh, sweet boy. It was okay! Second was certainly admirable, wasn't it? Tuelarua nodded at Rahmsii, almost absently. "I did! Sweet darling that he was. I hope he gets his wing unstuck."  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:18 am
Chakuri

Hmmm.... She resisted the urge to stick her tongue out at Kahbrohm--just a little!--but she knew he had a point. Still though, this was her first Hatching! "I've just never seen baby dragons," She finally admitted before her attention was drawn to the brown that emerged first. "Oh, look at him!" His eyes were red, but...Well, maybe he'd find His and improve his mood?

The Holly egg split next, and Chakuri felt her heart soar as the little blue scrambled onto the sands... and seemed to be having trouble getting his legs under him. Oh, but he was so beautiful! He seemed not... quite as happy as he had in the shell, but he'd been trying so very hard to get out. Poor little guy!

Kahbrohm

--

Dehka

"I don't think any of us feel tired right now," He laughed, feeling almost... confident, with his two friends at his side. No matter what happened, they had each other, right? No matter what. As the brown emerged from the egg, Dehka swallowed thickly and gave Orri a quick nod. "Y-Yeah!" And there was no shortage of welcoming thoughts from him. No doubt this brown would be an amazing partner for whoever he chose...

When the blue flailed about in the sands as if in protest, Dehka unconsciously bit his lip. He wanted to help it to its feet, but he knew better! After being cooped up in an egg for so long, walking definitely wasn't easy... "I tried to touch them all," He admitted. "But... those ones." He pointed to the Gingerbread and Christmas tree eggs."

demon_pachabel

medigel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:20 am

... What was that?? Stomping right on over to Kaiator, without a single glance at The Great Betrayer, Starry Night brown stared the Candidate right in the face. No one will ever beat me, he declared. With that, he gave a firm shove, and continued on his way.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out