Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shattered Past: Rise of the Lost

Back to Guilds

A Story of Personal Conquest and Rediscovery 

Tags: Fantasy, Science Fiction, Magic, Stats, Literate 

Reply [金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region
鉄 Ikeinasu :: Hallowed Path [T/O] [Entrance] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:14 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx What is this [ someday? ] xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

[x] My smile faded to almost nothing at the visible reaction to my laughter on Jean's face. He'd taken it the wrong way. I messed up. I felt like I should have said something to rectify it but... Given the look I received I doubted he wanted to hear an excuse any more than I wanted to give one. Even if I told the truth of the situation, of the irony behind his actions, he wouldn't believe me. I shouldn't have laughed. But I guess the impact and panic of being in a completely different world wasn't helping my ability to judge my actions. Besides which, being from a different world meant there was far more than just 'Purebreeds hate Mixbreeds' that I would have to explain. And I didn't want to burden him with my presence any more than I already had.

He led the way regardless, admitting he had no idea where to even begin searching for other 'Wakeners', as we were called by the Kokoro. Whom I evidently had to thank for the supplies Jean had handed me. Namely the sword and the 'techniques' that had been supplied, whatever my pale-haired companion meant by that. I could vaguely remember being trained with a sword before, but who trained me and where that happened was as foggy as the rest, in the part of my memory that was too painful to grasp for. Ears perking up slightly, I clutched the bag tightly to my chest and hurried after Jean.

We traveled in silence back toward the ring of abandoned houses. Actually I had no idea which way we were going until the buildings came into view. Maybe he'd left some stuff behind? Or he was leading me back to thank the merchant, but neither the man or his cart were in sight. Evidently he'd moved on. But we both froze in place when a roar tore through the frigid air, far to close for my liking. Ears standing completely straight now, I tried to pinpoint where exactly the sound had come from--preferably to avoid its source--and instead was met with a feminine voice. Daughter of the moon? Regardless it sounded like someone was in trouble.

But I was frozen in place. Part of me cried out to help but the overwhelming majority knew I would only be causing more problems trying to get involved. I couldn't fight. My knowledge was minimal, stemming only from the bit of self defense my best friend had taught me. Wide eyes turned to Jean, hoping he would break the ice first so I could follow behind, but he was as interested in getting involved as I was.

That's when another sound filled the air. Much more distant, but the howling wails of terrified creatures sent a chill down my spine. What in Damnation was happening? Heart pounding in panic, I let out a frustrated cry myself and ran for the source of the roar I had heard first. I slung my backpack over my shoulder and drew the shortsword from its side as I rounded the corner of one of the buildings.

The creature that stood there looked almost like a large dog, black in color, but with a face that was split down the center into a gaping mouth. Eyes stared at a white-haired girl, likely the source of the first voice I heard, from within. Fangs that seemed to steam lined its jaws. At its feet was a white shaped dotted with blue blood that appeared to be quickly staining the snow. Now that I had reached this point, I wasn't entirely sure why I'd moved. My feet had carried me without thinking about it. But what was I supposed to do now? It was big and probably fast. While I was fast, too, I doubted I could outrun it.

Apparently, though, my body had every intention of acting without me because while I stood once more shaking in fear I reached down to the snow, compacting it as well as I could with one hand, and threw the ball at the dog-thing. "Hey!" I started, but then faltered. "O-over here!"

tab .CHAKRA : 100 / 100 .STAMINA : 100 / 100 .STATUS : None
                                      tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods!"
                                      ▀▀▀Suddenly I'm running slowly. Suddenly it all goes dark.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer
                                      Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 4:07 pm
User Image

S I X T E E N C O U R A G E O U S W A R R I O R
K a i l e e r C e i n ' l y s
All I'm seeing is grey, and all I know is I've been dragged down again.
D - R A N K O A T H K E E P E R - B L O O D L I N E H A K E M O T O

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] Fiorzia gave me no verbal response, staring at me with pure hatred until we were out in the open, at which point the black peeled from her body. Her familiar blue skin was left behind, but it was different somehow. More like it had been when we were inside the barrier--opaque rather than the translucence of when I met her. The transformation had left her completely naked, and incredibly uneasy on her feet.

As I moved forward to help steady her, an explosion resounded behind me, and I immediately ducked down, pulling the sylph down with me. No impact came, and when I turned to look what had happened, the black field was gone, leaving the building ruins behind as if it had never been there to begin with. For a moment, I couldn't help wondering if that would have happened had we remained inside, and if we had been, what would have become of us. But there was more to worry about. Screams started up from one of the buildings, near the fire pit the ogres had gathered around. Or at least it seemed like they came from there. Given how loud and far their voices carried, it was hard to pinpoint. Flinching slightly, both from the sound and physical pain, I turned my attention back to Fiorzia as she went limp in my grip. I checked to see if she was still conscious before shifting onto my heels so I could set her down on my knees while still avoiding as much contact with snow as possible. From there, I awkwardly--and painfully--pulled my coat off and wrapped her in it. Finally, hefting her up in both arms, I hurried for the source of the screams.

Every step hurt, sending fire through my ribs every time the weight bumped against my side. But I pushed on regardless, reaching the house a moment later. Kicking the loose door open made the screams only louder. I quickly scanned the room for danger before placing the bundled Fiorzia on the ground against the wall and properly took in the space while I fought to calm my breathing, placing a hand against the wall to support myself.

The source of the cries was a cage, in which were seven figures that looked similar to the unconscious sylph behind me. Something told me she'd known about them before even entering the bubble of dark energy and had had every intention of trying to save them while I made my escape. That brought with it scathing anger, but I wasn't sure if it was directed at myself or at her.

The sprites quieted a bit at the sight of me, though it was hard to tell if that was out of fear or recognition. The cage they were trapped in appeared to be made of bone, and each of the girls were shackled with a dark metal. A closer look revealed black skin spreading slowly from where the iron touched them. Like what happened to Fiorzia when she became enraged. Whatever it was corrupted them somehow. Besides that, there was nothing significant in the room. No key, or supplies. If the ogres had had anything to begin with, they took it with them when their small realm vanished. Pushing off the wall finally, I drew my blade once more. "Stand back, if you can,"
I ordered and swung with all my might at the thin bones. They were dry enough that they cracked under the pressure of my sword, even though it sent me reeling back for a moment. Reversing my grip, I held both hands up in a calming gesture. "I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help you."

Assuming none rebelled, I approached slowly and carefully, taking hold of the closest sylph's shackles. With a hefty pommel strike, to the metal, it shattered, releasing the girl.

I've stopped running, I'm not hurting. I have my mind made up.

Counter | 26 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 6/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.
• Agility [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical speed.
• Power [5]: [.5] rank increase to physical strength.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
Defeat ogres and save sprites
Stop Fiorzia
• Save the sylphs

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 (+15) .STAMINA : 220 / 315 (+15) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

Artwork and character © Royal Taorito.

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 3:26 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab The snowball caught Mi-jin attention as well and dangerously her eyes looked in the direction of who threw it. A small child-size person with something horn-like sticking out of his head. Mi-jin couldn’t get a clear look, but she heard his voice called out to the child. Was he trying to distract the beast from attacking her or something that Mi-jin couldn’t comprehend. Her lips parted and close a few times as she wasn’t sure what to say or do. Images of the hurt fox bleeding behind her was replaced with this small person bleeding and crying for help. “Run, please!” Mi-jin shouted loudly. “It’s dangerous!”

User ImageLocation: Outside the Frozen home

Company: Fox-sama, Child-size Stranger, Enemies: Bear/dog hybrid

Stamina: 100

Charkra: 100

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •Whetstone(durabaility 0.3)(1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Trench knife(x2)(durabiity 30)
                    •10 Senbon(x2)(duarability 30)
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife
                    •Sliver glitter 'mystic' ball

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 6:01 pm
_______________The Ice Weeps... ||
tab The black canine snarled at the little girl before a smash from another ball of ice brought its eyes towards the reindeer to its right. It snarled, mouth gaping open, before a voice like wind rustling over dead leaves hissed out from its mouth in what was clearly not a language either knew, but which translated a moment later in their minds. "The moon has no sway here, human! The Old Gods died long ago, and, too, shall you join them soon enough!" The voice was like ice down the spine, death incarnate whispering hungrily for the souls of those who dare stand before them. The creature trained its eyes on Shea before looking back to the girl again. "Pitiful! I come here to find food and instead find scraps! How will you make up to me the time you are wasting now, eh?"
tab

_______________The Wind Reeks... ||
tab There came an ethereal wail from the chains as they splintered, the cuffs collapsing as readily as the cages. Yet the Sylphs watched him wearily in confusion, as if unsure of him, of how he may act or react. Until one of them at last raised a hand and gestured at the sword before gesturing to her throat and drawing a line across it with fear and anxiety clear on her face. Each was a different color, all cool colors, ranging from a steely blue to a deep ocean green, and all could have been sisters in some fashion to the sprite he'd left outside.
tab For the moment they didn't speak, instead deciding to await their fates, whatever it was.
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 9:49 am
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footstebs untaken. we stand side bh side. What is it really, but a tomorrow or today?
                                      tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab tab And frozen in the footsteps untaken, we stand side by side.

[x] I had anticipated catching the dog-thing's attention, but when it actually turned toward me I froze, my grip on the sword hilt tightening. I expected it to attack me, but my feet wouldn't move despite my will to run.

And then it spoke, words I couldn't understand at first until they somehow translated themselves in my mind, not unlike what happened with Jean after I came to. The old gods died a long time ago, and we were going to join them. Or maybe it meant the girl specifically. What had she done before I arrived? Had she offended it in some way. No, the bleeding creature in front of it suggested otherwise. Maybe she had been trying to protect it. But if we were nothing more than scraps, why bother attacking something even smaller?

The pale hair girl begged for me to run, but I wasn't about to just leave. To be honest, I couldn't if I wanted to. And trust me I wanted to. I was too scared.

It wanted us to make up for wasting its time with our lives. That's what I guessed anyway. But the moment it turned away from me, I forced myself to move again. Picking up another scoop of snow, I crushed it in my palm and tossed at the creature again. Given its anger, I figured my attempt to pull its attention would work. "I said 'over here'!" I didn't wait to see its reaction, and bolted.

Assuming it followed, it was probably only a matter of time before it caught up. After all, it had four legs and I only had two. I was fast on my feet, but even being basically half animal, my body had its limits. Which happened to be lower than most animals. Still, I slid around one of the houses and back into the clearing between the ring of buildings. Across there, I ran into the forest, weaving between trees as needed and doing my best not to trip flat on my face. For the moment, I kept running until the thing either gave up... or the worst happened.

tab .EXP : 500 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : None .THOUGHTS : "Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods!"

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer
                                      Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 11:36 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  The sounds of fighting had stopped. Had it... all been resolved somehow? Jean found that unlikely. He couldn't make some weak excuse like imagining that the low snarls he heard must just have been the wind, but he couldn't stand out here alone. Not long after Shea advanced forwards, Jean also followed, but he was slow. Really slow. Also shaking. He was so slow that he was just turning the first corner when he heard with immense clarity, probably because it was something he really wished he didn't hear, the voice of his deer companion baiting whatever was attacking. Jean's already pale face almost turned blue as the blood drained out of his face and he stood right at the corner. He could hear the pitter patter of little feet, the stomp stomp of big feet, and it was only a matter of time before...

In that short moment, Jean did have half a mind to just leave the deer to his fate. It would be like killing two birds with one stone. Regrettably, however, one of those birds he had already decided it was in his best interests to keep alive. It was horrible. All because of some doltish deer, he was going to have to stand his ground and fight this thing.

Ha... Haha. As if he was actually going to stand his ground. Once he saw the thing that chased Shea turn the corner, Jean turned tail and ran without any hesitation. His bag was already slung on only one shoulder so he could rummage through it as he bolted, and thinking like Shea, he also ran for the cover of the woods all while uttering curses under his breath as he tried to find what he needed. Shea might be able to catch that they alternated between questioning Shea's intelligence, cursing his misfortune, sarcastically making quips about the situation, and general disgruntlement.

At one point, the curses turned into a yelp of fear as his hand accidentally brushed across a large candy cane. His face expressed an emotion not unlike what it had shown when he first saw Shea, and as if he had touched something burning hot (or utterly disgusting), his hand darted out of the bag. It didn't stay out for long before it darted in and pulled out the offending candy cane in the most offended but also fearful grip Jean could muster. For a moment, he looked like he was going to throw the thing as far away as possible with all his strength, but She had caught up to Jean by then and something about seeing the deer kid run alongside him made Jean pause and reconsider. His grip on the large candy cane tightened as his posture returned to a more effective running form, but not before he suddenly held the candy cane out to Shea with the gritted commands, "Here... Take. It." It was useful... It was just. A. Deer... "Use it when you need to... Mrpgh." That last part was Jean biting down on his lips before he could add on that Shea shouldn't use it in front of him. Who was he kidding. They were being chased by a giant bear-dog. That really didn't matter (well, it did but it shouldn't).

Before the bear got any more ground on them, Jean returned to his search and, with the giant candy cane out of the way, he finally found what he was looking for: the immovable rod. At least... it could provide a distraction. Jean took one look behind him at the snarling jaws of the beast and planted the rod in the best place he could eyeball as where the monster was going to charge through mouth first. After that? Jean didn't know what the hell to do after that. Just putting the rod down was basically a stroke of brilliance for the, for all intents and purposes despite the implications of his bloodline, non combat civilian.

(OOC: Still need to figure out training posts for sealing shenans.)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 6:01 am
User Image

I won't linger no more, I've been too long in my storm. I'll rise up and embrace the silence, and let peace find me again.

[x] The sylphs didn't panic, but they weren't necessarily comfortable with my presence either, given the looks I was given. I couldn't blame them; they'd likely hadn't seen a human being in centuries, if ever. And here I was, swooping in out of nowhere to save them. Or attempt to anyway. Some small part of my mind was still convinced this was all a trick and they were going to turn on me the instant I freed them. But I ignored the voice. I had to trust my gut over any lingering paranoia.

They continued to watch warily as I freed each of them, one or two pommel strikes enough to break the chains that bound them. However, I caught sight of the gesture of one of them, the first one I had released--who I was surprised didn't run the instant she had her freedom. A finger drawn along her throat and a gesture to my weapon, fear marring her face as she eyed the blade. I broke the last of the shackles and backed off, returning my sword to its sheath, and held up my hands again to show I was unarmed. "I'm not going to hurt you," I repeated, not sure if she even understood my words.

Uncertain, I waited a moment and then slowly lowered my arms, one returning the my throbbing side. I was exhausted, and pain wasn't helping. There was too much going on, too much to process that I couldn't keep straight. I needed time to think, and sleep. But first I needed to make sure that the sprites were alright. Taking a deep breath--which I quickly regretted--I tried speaking again, in hopes they at least got the gist of what I was saying. Like Fiorzia had before she stole my voice. "You're free now. The fades are gone."

As if to further prove my point, I took another step back before retreating altogether to the wall I had rested Fiorzia against. The sylph still hadn't stirred, but at least she didn't appear injured. Sliding down slowly until I sat beside her, I rested my head against the wall behind me and closed my eyes. I was going to do real well surviving in this new world if I was this exhausted after a fight that lasted maybe a minute and a half.

That wasn't the way to be thinking, though. I'd lost all the strength I'd spent years building up because of the curse. While some of that knowledge was coming back, I still had to build my strength back from the ground up. It was both disappointing and frustrating, but it wasn't like there was anything I could do about it. The only real issue came from the fact I'd never intended to reverse my age. I'd already lived my life once; my last goal was to see Kumogakure fly. While I couldn't necessarily say my life was entirely happy, I'd done my part in improving the lives of others as much as I could.

Maybe this was a chance to change my own life then.

Of course, I had to make it past day one first. I half-opened my eyes again to look at the sylphs, waiting to see what they might do. I expected them to scatter now that they were free.

Counter | 27 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 7/20 ]
Physical speed is reduced by a half [.5] rank due to pain in left shoulder and hip from injuries carried over before age reversal.

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
Stop Fiorzia
Save the sylphs
• Rest

Items of Note:

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 250 / 315 (+15) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 575 .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Fine .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 4:52 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • tab The beast spoke to her, Mi-jin didn’t understand at first. It was like the moon translated the words for her to hear. “Look up, beast. The moon watches over me even now.” Mi-jin spoke. There was no way, the Moon was not watching her. Ever night it lights up the night sky and shines its holy light on it, children. Mi-jin took a deep breath, but her heart was still beating rapidly. Keeping her focus on the beast even as it turns its head toward the child-size stranger.

tab Mi-jin has no food to offer the beast that would satisfy its hunger. Even glancing at the bleeding fox behind her, Mi-jin refused to let the beast finish the poor thing off. Shifting her stance, Mi-jin felt her satchel on her back and recalled an odd treasure. A small glitter orb that fits into her palm, but would that be enough to spare their life? Before Mi-jin could offer her orb to the beast the small child-like stranger through another ball of snow at the beast. Gaining its attention for a second time, before running off. Mi-jin eyes widen at the deer planned, but could she allowed someone else to risk their life.

tab Mi-jin have only seconds before deciding on what to do. If she sprints she might be able to tackle the beast and have it focus on herself. The fox let out another whine and Mi-jin looked back as the fox's blue blood drench the white snow. The beast can chase the stranger, Mi-jin have to pray to the moon that he survives so she can repay him.

tab The young girl dropped to her knees to the fox and her hands hover over the injured fox. Pale hands hover above the white fur and Mi-jin made soft hushing noise, “Please let me help you.” Mi-jin begged as she wanted to move the fox inside the house. Mi-jin reached to pick up the fox from the torso as it was much too long and spindly for Mi-jin to lift it any other way.

tab Blood trail behind the fox as Mi-jin stumble backward into the house's back door and push it open into the kitchen where the green fire burn. “Moon please watch over your children. Let that person live to see another night.” Mi-jin pray as she laid the fox by the fire. “What to do now, think Mi-jin. I got to...I got to help. Get help? I don’t know what to do.” Mi-jin eyes began to tears as she drops to her knees by the fox again. She could see where the beast fangs sunk into its body and her own two knife wounds. Even accidental, Mi-jin wince at her own addition into the fox bloody state. “Stop the bleed. How...How do I,,,” Mi-jin voice trail off to just high pitch noises as she places both hands on the worse of the wounds. The blue blood on her hands was stark and Mi-jin felt her vision blue from tears. “I can’t do this…”

User ImageLocation: inside the Frozen home

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:19 pm
_______________The Hound of Hell Gives Chase... ||
tab As Shea bolted around the corner of the building and charged towards the already fleeing Jean the fell black beast thundered after them, the snow spraying outwards in a flurry with each monstrous step that brought it ever closer. IT hounded them as they charged down their paths, each trying to find some manner of safety, and found themselves gunning for the stairway that rose steadily above them not far away. Thirty, fifty steps, and a platform only to be followed by a similar amount that followed again and again at different degrees, rising higher into the air with each platform. Yet as they fled the hound seemed to slow, its expression appearing as troubled as a hound with a bisected face could. Two decrepit buildings lay to each side, and it was towards a clearing between one pair that the hound finally slid to a stop with heaving chest and looked. Something there drew its attention, and a low whine began at the back of its throat as it watched the shadows there where two figures could be seen making their way through the snow. It didn't notice either that where it had stopped the stick was now to its side, just behind its skull and beyond its neck where the join lay for turning. Not touching but close, and hopefully close enough.
tab Above the sounds of combat had faded, as had the screams, but whether either of the pair would see this as a sign to continue was up to them. Before them lay the steps, each made of a grey stone that was cracked and faded with age, red and black shoots clawing towards the sky in some of the larger ones. Each was a tall and deep step, meant for running or an unhurried pace. What would the pair decide to do as they neared it?

_______________The Winds of Change Blow Strong... ||
tab As Kaileer sat upon the cold, cracked stone beside the sleeping sylph the others continued to silently watch how he reacted, his body language and movements as one. And when he looked upon Fiorzia they studied his gaze and apparently found something they appreciated for they then stood, nearly as one, and gathered around the pair in a half circle. Each of the Sylphs looked like a young girl, each nude and bearing the strange markings upon their flesh. Together they pressed a single hand to the hollows of their throats before bowing, their eyes never leaving Kaileer's face as they showed their respect. Holding out their hands they stacked them atop one another, palm down, before closing their eyes and humming a strangely harmonic tune made up of the intertwining of their voices. Light blossomed between their hands and they pulled back, starting from the top to the bottom, until the last rotated their palm and, in a flash of light, held forth a Katana shaped very similarly to the one he already carried, yet with some unique twists. The blade was etched with dancing leaves held in a gust, the back of which was marked with a green the color of grass. The hilt was carved from a grey wood with yellow veins that entombed the full tang, but the wrappings of the hilt were made of a rough, comfortably warm brown silk. The tsuba looked to be made of aluminum and was shaped into the dragon of luck surrounded in tree growth, almost like it had been made for Kaileer.
tab Offering the blade, each began to fade without a single whisper until only one remained, genuflecting with the blade held out hilt first as an offer. A gift for the boon that had been offered at their freedom. If he took it the last would fade into the wind she was made of.

_______________The Moon Provides... ||
tab The frozen stone beneath her knees sapped the heat from her bones as she knelt over the bleeding and dying fox. Its breaths, ragged and wet, left colored moisture upon her robes as her hands fought feebly to stem the loss of the life-giving fluid beneath them. Yet still the blood came despite her prayers, and the whispering of the animal's dying breaths were steadily beginning to slow. Each was longer, deeper, and yet still Mi-jin prayed for something, anything to interfere and paint this dark, depressing world as something other than the hell it was. The pool around her grew ever steadily, until the creature in her arms finally stilled, its final breath whispering out from between its teeth as the brilliant light of its eyes faded and dulled.
tab It was dead.
tab The light outside, the moon in its entirety, beamed down upon the building as the prayers slowly turned into sobs, yet remained steady all the same. The clouds parted before the Pale Lady's gaze, the light filtering through despite its best attempts to stifle the pure luminescence. As the light spilled through a crack in the ceiling upon the child and her newest friend, her white hair became lit with an inner radiance that matched the brilliance from above. Hair strands defied gravity, floating about her hair as she clung and prayed, and as the light reached an apex...
tab The fox inhaled.
tab The creature whimpered, eyes moving back and forth rapidly as it searched for something familiar, something it...knew. And when its eyes alighted on the girl that held it it let out a merry, but confused, chirp before snuggling into her lap, its wounds gone despite the blood that lay around it.

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:59 pm
User Image
                                      tab Shea Fal'nevan

[x] As expected, the monster followed me. I'd made it angry enough that it wanted me as its new chew toy. The instant I turned the corner, I spotted Jean running the opposite direction, having caught sight of the black dog-bear giving chase. I caught up with him easily enough thanks to my speed but of course that also meant the beast was gaining on us as well.

Running was something I'd always been good at. Not necessarily running away--although that was part of it--but when you live in a place with little cover, you're taught that speed is a key to survival. But even then two legs could only carry us so fast, plus I didn't want to let Jean get caught by it by running ahead of him. Swearing under his breath, Jean fished through his bag in search of something helpful, and I almost missed when he held an item out to me. A...cane? But what was it for? And why was it so brightly colored? If it was intended to be a weapon, I felt like a sword would be a better option, but I took it anyway to let him focus on where he was going.

Somehow, touching it gave me information on what it was. Sort of like the pineapple I'd gotten before. When placed on the ground it... turned into a deer-like creature that could move much faster than we could. The concern in that case was for Jean, seeing as he felt utter terror toward anything deer related, including myself.

By this point we'd made it to a long set of stairs that I hadn't even noticed at first. My intention had been to lead the thing into the forest but instead we had found a road in the mountainous landscape. I was doing fairly fine after the distance, but my companion... well I wasn't sure he was as physically fit. Neither of us were fighters, but he certainly didn't spend much time outdoors. I could only imagine what he was going through facing all of this-- my foot hit a root sticking out of the ground and I almost fell flat on my face, though I managed to catch myself with my hands and push forward again.

Right, I guess I should be paying attention where I was going too.

Jean slipped ahead of me, holding a hand out behind him with... a stick? But when his hand left it, it stayed where it was, midair. I stopped out of confusion, but the beast didn't seem to notice it. In fact, its attention was elsewhere as it likewise slowed to a halt. A steady whine rose from it as it gazed somewhere off to the side, where I caught a glimpse of two other figures making their way through the snow. Other survivors? I retreated several steps, using its distraction as a chance to put distance between us and catch back up with Jean.

The stairs were steep and deep. There was no way we could have run up them anyway, and we had essentially cornered ourselves. Still, it would take just as long for the thing to follow us, so it was best to get climbing. And that was exactly what I did, making sure that my pale-haired companion was still close behind.

HeadlessKoko
                                      Lanfaer
                                      Im the Girl one

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500

Im the Girl one
Crew

Devoted Hoarder

10,325 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:46 pm
User ImageUser Image
                                                          • Mi-jin felt her tears soak into the fox fur as she wept. Steady drops as she cried for the fox. She cried for the dog from her memory. She cursed the sun as she tried to bring small comfort to the pure white fox. Under her trembling hands, Mi-jin could feel every breath struggling to exhale. Shaking and shuddering as it inhales and blood. There was so much blood flowing and Mi-jin couldn’t stop it. This was not how she wanted her day to end, with the fox blood staining her hands and it's death heavy on her soul. She could only do one thing and that prayed and she put her hands together and held it to her forehead as she knelt down to the fox fur. Breathing in its icy animal musk, it smelt of the forest and something distinctly animalistic.

Her words began to whisper, but her heart was weeping. “In light of the local moon, a child of you care to beg for your wisdom and your kindness.” The warmth of the light touches her hair like gentle fingers and left its light like a glow. “I ask for you to listen to my prayers. Please, please give this one, another night to bask in your light.” Mijin prayed and felt something unusual as Mi-jin lifted her head and saw it. A quick intake of breath and the creature whimpered as it eyes finally open. Mi-jin couldn’t speak as her eyes were filled with tears and her emotions choke what was left of her prayers.

Both hands, cover her mouth and she could only give praise to the full moon. The mother of life has heard her prayer and she has given this fox a second walk under her loving embrace. “Waa, my moo! Thank you! Thank you!” Mi-jin praised as she looked up at the moon in full view. Mi-jin eyes caught the fox eyes and she let out a delightful cheer. It was mixed with relief, happiness and a happy type of sadness that only came from nearly losing someone. As the fox laid its head on her lap, Mi-jin carefully stroke the fur. Letting her finger touch and feel the steady breathing and she chokes again on the emotion inside her. “We have to thank our local moon properly. You have been given a new life and that life should be dedicated in our moon name.” Mi-jin spoke slowly as her emotional turmoil began to fade.

A chill came from the open door and her knees were beginning to turn blue from pressing into the frozen floor. “I nearly forgot.” Mi-jin gave the fox a loving touch on the head as she stood to check on the fluffy fur-lined clothing. The fire was still glowing it a weird color, but the clothes have become wearable. The jacket is her main concern, but having actual pants to wear felt odd to her, but as she slips them on under her robe she immediately found she enjoyed having warm legs again. As she finished dressing she turns to the fox and gave a small spin.

“How do I look?” Mi-jin asked. The jacket was an old ivory color and the fur was an old stain yellow color. The only color was a dark gray pair of pant that was just one size too big and she folded it to keep it up on her waist. Overall, the outfit shockingly fixes and it hid all the blood from the fox except for on her hands. Mi-jin turns to the fox with a happy smile. It only been a few hours since her reawakening, but this journey the moon has placed her own has already given her doubts.

Kneeling down next to the fox, she tilted her head as she stares between its legs. Her eye staring and staring and staring until she suddenly her fingers. “So you are a girl. Hmm, I’ll call you Kumiho! Eonni Kumiho, my name is Mon Mi-jin.” Mi-jin introduced. It was the only manner that she gives her name as well. Now, she has to move on from this spot and either find that child stranger or searched for a new place to stay. Too anxious to sleep in a place where that evil monster had been too close to.

User ImageLocation: inside the Frozen home

Ooc:

Backpack:
                    Currently on her back
                    •One Person Tent
                    •Blanket
                    •bedroll
                    •Mess kit
                    •Soap
                    •Twine(50meter)
                    •Fishing hook (1x)
                    •clay gourd

Satchel, medium
                    Currently on her side
                    •Flint and steel
                    •Skinning knife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:42 pm
User Image________________________________________Jean Coppelio Gogh
XXXX Male • Medium • 5'8" • 131 lbs
                                                                  Oi. Don't look down on crafter's, Shea. Jean might have been panting and breathing heavily and he might have looked like he was just about to topple over with his delicate complexion, but he kept pace and held himself together enough to stay alive. He may not have had the blessing of running free through forests and plains or even the streets of a crowded city in his nonexistent youth or ever in his life, but he was created as a properly strong adult and regularly worked grueling days in a forge all in the name of art and beauty. Never did he ever think that such work would one day prepare him to run for his life, but here he was now and here it was paying off.

Okay, but... the stairs were really no fair. Compared to Jean, Shea was bounding them like a rabbit because Jean... Jean managed the first few, convincing himself that they weren't as steep as they seemed. He failed to do that because the steps were as steep as they seemed. Against the height of each step, Jean's legs gave out underneath him and he stumbled forwards, catching himself before his beautiful face smashed into the stone or whatever it was edge. He picked himself up again, though, adrenaline keeping him going, and he looked back as he did so. The beast had stopped in the perfect place for his rod. It was a shame he couldn't take advantage of that. Of greater interest, and possibly concern, though, were two shadows that the beast looked warily at. With how things were going, Jean could only assume it was an even bigger predator.

He went right back to climbing after Shea, relaying what he saw in broken, exhausted speech, "There's... Looks like there's more... trouble."
                                                                  (OOC: Still need to figure out training posts for sealing shenans.)

Royal Taorito

Lanfaer

HeadlessKoko

Invisible Regular

12,125 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Alchemy Level 2 100

Royal Taorito
Vice Captain

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:36 am
User Image

[x] My eyes opened the rest of the way and I shifted using my hands to sit a bit straighter against the wall as the group of sylphs moved closer to me. The fact every one of them was naked was easy to ignore given the circumstance, but I was very aware of it and did my best to avoid staring and making anything more awkward than it already was. But I watched with curiosity as they each placed a hand against their throats and bowed to me, I assumed in thanks. They then set their hands on top of one another's in front of them and, closing their eyes, began to hum in a strange soothing tone, not one of them out of tune with the sylph next to them. Light burst forth from their hands and, slowly bringing them down, a beautiful sword formed.

Needless to say, I was more than a little shocked. The weapon was gorgeous, reflecting, ironically my chakra manifestation in a way with the coiling wooden designs along the tsuba and hilt. The blade itself bore etchings of leaves leading down to a dragon at the guard. Before I truly had a chance to take in the sight, though, the sprites began to fade from view, until there was only one left, the one who had stood at the center, still holding the blade. I pushed myself carefully to my feet so as not to spook her, grimacing at the briefly forgotten pain. Standing now before the small girl, I gently but firmly grasped the leather wrapped hilt, half expecting it to vanish the second I touched it. But it didn't. The weapon was a real as the snow and cold around me.

A small breeze emitted from it, surprisingly warm, given where I was.

I tore my gaze away to thank the remaining sprite, but she, too, had vanished, leaving me alone with Fiorzia once more. I looked back at the sword briefly before turning to the unconscious girl. They hadn't given me a saya alongside the weapon, so transportation was going to be a bit on the difficult side, especially seeing as it was a battle ready weapon. I sighed, a plume of steam billowing out before me, and I took a glance around the room. There was an ancient, tattered piece of cloth I could at least wrap it up in for the moment. It seemed entirely likely, from the nature of how it formed, that there was a way to summon it, but I was too tired to really think on it. Wrapping it in the sheet, I tucked it in my rucksack and returned to Fiorzia. Then, picking her up as gently as possible, which resulted in an audible grunt from me as pain lanced down my side, I headed back out into the open.

I'd taken all of about five steps and wished I didn't have to go any farther. Fiorzia wore my coat, and I was exhausted, hurting, and risking hypothermia. The latter was only a matter of time, to be honest, in this cold. But given the day--which was creeping into night by this point--had proven it wasn't safe anywhere. Maybe if I could find another human, someone else who'd woken recently. Or better yet, someone that already had experience in this world. Then I would feel comfortable enough to rest. For now, though I had to keep moving down the mountain, away from the city.

Counter | 28 / 200

Active Effects:
• 'Old' Injuries [ 8/20 ]

Techniques Used:

Current Objectives:
Save the sylphs
Rest
• Find somewhere safe

Items of Note:
• Strange Katana

Lanfaer

tab .CHAKRA : 250 / 250 .STAMINA : 265 / 315 (+15) .TRANCE : 10 / 10
                                          tab .EXP : 975 [+400] .RYO : 両000 .HEALTH : Declining .INJURIES : Shoulder & Hip Pain, Bruised Ribs .STATUS : None

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 pm
_______________The Hound of Hell Gives Chase... ||
tab (Dee is Posting and then I'll post)
tab
tab

_______________The Winds of Change Blow Strong... ||
tab The cold was biting, yes, but what might well have startled the younger male was that on a bench nearby that somehow still existed it appeared that a strange old man with a mustache that could have been a bench all its own had taken up residence and was even now watching him carefully. One hand rested on a shop keepers cart that rested beside the bench, but the other...the other hand caressed something almost lovingly, though whatever it was also almost definitely seemed to be something that was alive, for his hand seemed to jerk and jitter with every movement. His eyes, blacker than sin, watched Kaileer's struggles for several moments with an even expression before nodding to the cart beside him nonchalantly. "Looks like we might have something for ya, boy! How about you put the little lass down over yonder and I'll get ya what ya need, eh?"

_______________The Moon Provides... ||
tab The twirling of the girl before the fox elicited little response from the Fox, who kept down on its front paws during her initial eruption of joy and religious fervor. Tired from their journey through death and what most likely serves as animal hell, the beast mostly wanted to sleep and let the strange human dance. Yet as she did so she didn't leave it at that. Oh no, she didn't. Instead, the little girl decided to intrude upon the most delicate of places, and immediately the fox's ears stood up in shock and righteous fury and it whipped its tail down and back to hide itself from the exposure forced upon it. It shot forward and turned around with its backside to the walls, cyan eyes flaring in color as it attempted to startle her back from violating her once again.
tab Yet it froze instead, and stared at her with shock, before turning slightly to look behind itself and out to the frost beyond, where Mi-jin was headed. Something was out there, it could tell. Something...not good. Ears presed against its scalp, the fox let loose a small whine while staring into the grey beyond.
tab

Royal Taorito

HeadlessKoko

Im the Girl one

BlackFruity

Lanfaer
Captain

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

BlackFruity

Vice Captain

Lucky Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:32 pm
User Image

𒂟 Honō Hokori 𒂟

𒊹 • • Hari Clan • Kumogakure • • 𒊹

Chakra : 100 / 100 𑁍 Stamina : 100 / 100

𒈯 𒃵

Honō was left standing, alone, amidst the bones of old houses and the echo
                    of Servus' words ringing low and ominous in the Hari clan member's stomach.
                    A shakey breath, clenched throat, and Honō quickly looked over the houses
                    crouched around him because being out in the open like this, in the cold, with
                    those words, is too much. Spotting one that wasn't too damaged for fallen in
                    on itself, the slender figure quickly made his way over and peeked inside. He
                    hoped to find a place sturdy enough to keep the wind out, but not so much so
                    that the smoke of a fire built within it would be trapped if it didn't already have
                    a fireplace. Peering in, Honō waited, breath held unknowingly, as he waited
                    for his eyes to adjust. A blink and a jump, Honō looked out over his shoulder.
                    Was that a scream...? Maybe a bird?

𒊩 Acrobat 𒊩 Fifteen [ 15 ] 𒊩 Male 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ??? 𒊩 ???

• • Experience : 0,000 / 0,000

Ħ Equipped :

[金] The Iron Nationals [金] ► Tsukihara Region

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas