Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hivestuck

Back to Guilds

Homestuck inspired troll related b/c 

Tags: homestuck, troll, breedables, mspa, alternia 

Reply Historical & Archived Events
=> [BOOTH] Cerise's Slitchute Nutritionblock Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:11 am
Night 7
Tonight's challenge is.... Crepes!

"It's the last night, and it's time to make.... crepes! What? Did you think I'd give you something easy for the last challenge! Ehehehe! Joke's on you! Now crepes are veeerryyy thin pastries made from flour and you make them in a circular pan. They can be savory or sweet depending on how you make and fill them, so you have a lot of leeway here!" Cerise beamed, glad to be so benevolent for her contestants for once. She did a pose, fingertips to her cheeks, head tilted. "It's the last day, so make me and Caima proud! And check out my bakery! You can find directions at the booth~"

Quote:
And tonight's safe number is...
3!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:18 am

Cerise watched the small girl with the robot arms carefully. She was the one with the competing cupcake booth, right? Two sweeps too late on that, Cerise had had the original cupcake booth. At least hers was more fun than just cooking. Everyone loved the Slitchute Nutritionblock!

The competition was troubling though. She already had to deal with the Burning Bird, and now this kid was moving in? Her plans to set up a kiosk in the Civisect mall would have to be pushed aside if they couldn't stop making new bakeries. Maybe she'd try expanding to Four Fronds without doing something in Civisect, since it seemed a bit busy there.

She was distracted again. Whoops! Calida was showing her the doughnuts she made and asking her opinion. "If you want my honest opinion....... they look pretty good, I like the nuts." She grinned widely. She hated to admit it, but she didn't care enough to make up a lie or say something mean about her cooking when it was okay. "Sucks you aren't as good at decorating as you are at fighting my lusus, ehehe! But I've got my lookstubs on you~" she said, voice lilting.

saihen

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

quiet delegation rolled 3 20-sided dice: 10, 7, 1 Total: 18 (3-60)

quiet delegation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:13 am
Sabotage! You can't use your bare hands to cook anymore, and have to hold a fork and knife in each of your hands while you cook. (+1)
Cutthroat! You take all of one of the key ingredients to this challenge while shopping, severely disadvantaging your opponents. (+5)
Looks good! Despite everything you were put through, somehow your food looks... pretty good? (+3)

Score: 9

Kaldru was actually rather sad that the events would be coming to a close, soon; he wondered if Mim would allow him to actually use cookware at home, as it was fairly fun and, well, he was enjoying the learning experience at the very least.

For making the crepes, the blueblood did fairly well; having to hold things while cooking wasn't that bad, as he just held them alongside whatever other tool he was using. He didn't mean to take all of the flour when he grabbed it, and happily went along his business while leaving the competitors without. In the end, surprisingly, his turned out... nice! It was a good feeling to have done so well after so many ... questionable results!  
Taki-di rolled 3 20-sided dice: 12, 12, 7 Total: 31 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 8:26 am
Quote:
Sabotage: 12- Sabotage! Cerise takes away all your tools and hands you a bag of junk. There's scissors, a screwdriver, all sorts of random objects. This is all you can use to cook with. (+3)
Performance: 12- Heckled! Cerise comes up while you're cooking and seems to think you're doing very poorly. She has a few... not-so-nice comments, and it ruins your self confidence. (+1)
Results: 7- Garnish! Whatever that was you used to pretty up your plate at the end, the judge loves it. She licks your plate clean. (+3)
points today

Total: 23+7= 30 points

Tsarzi Ameroc

Alright, nope, no idea what a crepe was. Pastry made from flour and cooked in a pan? Sounded like pancakes, a common Alternian breakfast stable as established by mainstream media. Tsarzi might be able to throw something like that together? This booth was ridiculoys, in all honesty. These challenges were ridiculous, the rubric for judging was inconsistent. Tsarzi looked up ramen after that particular challenge a few nights ago. Her meat and noodle stew? Not ramen. At all. And yet that got a pass. However her salad and sushi were fails. Where were the standards?

The loss of cooking tools and replacement with arbitrary objects didn't phase Tsarzi much. She was just going to make the same dough she did last night, fry it in a pan, and top it with her usual go to, cheese. Maybe a sweet sauce of some kind like the maple syrup used on pancakes.

While Tsarzi was stirring the batter with a closed umbrella, a tedious task mind you, Tsarzi's mood soured further when the booth own came to berate her, again, over something about method? Her batter ingridents wouldn't make a light enough desert? Tsarzi offered a vehement, if deadpan, shut up before returning to her work, not caring if the vendor was bothered or not.

The judges certainly weren't, delighted by the pancakes served to them despite the fact it clearly was not a crepe. Or, well, Tsarzi really didn't know.

Taki-di

Yamashii rolled 1 12-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-12)

Yamashii

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:34 pm
"What do you do with all the crepes?" Flydra arrived at the booth just in time to hear the crazy cooking challenges going on. She wasn't really the type to enjoy cooking unless she absolutely had to so she decided to try one of the spicy truffles instead and chat with the pretty redblood running the show. Flydra liked a little heat so she was hoping to get one of the hot ones instead of the mild.

"Are they available to snack on? I wonder if she would like one..." She murmured dreamily, looking over the competition. Maybe it would be better to get one made by the actual baker instead of these amateurs. Scorpa and Austri would no doubt gobble them up but they were probably busy harassing other festival goers. But there was another siren that she wanted to spoil and impress...

"Would you be willing to make me one? For Lorata Gorgos." Would Cerise know the name? Flydra hoped so. Lorata was the best troll in the entire world, except for the queen of course.

purplerosesbeauty
random rp interaction! : P

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:29 pm

"What do you mean, what do I do with them? My judges eat them, and if they're good they probably eat the whole thing. If it sucks, I feed it to my lusus, ehehe!" Cerise patted the medium-ish swampbeast on the head lovingly, making some weird noises at her. "Because you're my good garbage-eating mom, aren't you?" She turned back to the tealblood. "I mean, seriously the trolls baking here, most of 'em aren't great, so I wouldn't recommend eating theirs! Ahahaha! Unless you also like eating trash?" She folded her arms, and put a hand on her cheek in mock surprise. "You don't look like a gutter-beast who eats trash, but I've been bad at judging trolls before," she said, tilting her head.

She waved her hand and laughed again, straightening back up. She had no idea who Lorata was and she did not care. What did matter was the tealblood wanted something, and she had the skill to do it. For money. "Of course, of course I can do that for you... whatever your name is. What's your budget, how soon do you need it, what flavors you want, et cetera, I'm a baker so I can do whatever! Ahahaha! Does your precious Lorata eat a lot of sweets? Maybe I can hook you up with some sort of discount coupon... to buy more for them in the future of course!"

Yamashii
cerise makes fun of a potential customer, does a big shrug

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

Sami-Fire rolled 3 20-sided dice: 1, 9, 19 Total: 29 (3-60)

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:39 pm
Wallas Ziegel

Score: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10

Wallas was pleasantly surprised to see another booth being run by a redblood. This one was a cooking booth... Wallas had not ventured much into extensive cooking. Most of his meals were quick and easy to make. That wasn't to say they were all microwaved or instant; just quick. Pragmatic food for a pragmatic troll.

The order of the day was crepes. It sounded like delicate work. Wallas thought he could do that, sort of. Putting together gadgets required a degree of delicacy and precision, after all. He took in a deep breath and flexed his fingers before getting to work.

Things started off as a bit of a doozy. He was pulled aside and made to play a game called "dunk your donut holes" before he could grab his ingredients. Given that he had been a lousy shot in other accuracy games so far, it took quite a while before he could satisfy the requirements and go get his ingredients. However, even though he was rushed with grabbing his ingredients, somehow everything fell together in his mind. A savory sort of crepe suited him just fine, perhaps with meat? Yes, he had some meat, and spices, and other important things. He kept himself steady with measurements and remained focused on the task, and... what came out definitely surprised him!

Wallas was unaware that he was capable of making something so... nice. It looked clean and organized ("well plated?" ), it smelled delightful, and it seemed to taste good too (in his opinion). He thought he saw the judge casting curious looks over at his station, and when he felt her gaze on him, he did his best to straighten up and look composed. When her back was turned, however, he found himself marveling at his handiwork. Maybe he had a secret talent?  
Gl!tch~ rolled 3 20-sided dice: 19, 20, 17 Total: 56 (3-60)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:00 pm
Sabotage! In order to get your ingredients, you need to pick them out of a giant block of ice with an ice pick. Gotta be fast and hope the mid-season heat makes it a bit easier! (+1)
Cutthroat! You rip some real mean taunts on one of your competitors, thoroughly putting them in their place. (+4)
Yikes! The judge makes a face while eating. Did... did you forget to season it? (+0)

Daily total: 5

Guo had absolutely no clue what to do for this crepe s**t, but at least he got to make someone else look like a loser. Scorrrrre.  

Gl!tch~

Fashionable Genius

4,475 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
Micillia rolled 3 20-sided dice: 4, 18, 11 Total: 33 (3-60)

Micillia

Dapper Duck

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:32 pm
Static

Lucky! Somehow, you swept under the radar and no one threw you any sabotages this round! (+5)
Acceptance... You seem to take well to this sabotage, and in fact, it only seems to make you stronger? (+3)
Plating! Despite sub-par food, you made such a pretty plate that the judge managed to let your dish slide. (+3)
Total 11

Static was on fire! Luckily not literally. His food turned out amazing, both in taste and in presentation.  
purplerosesbeauty generated a random number between 1 and 4 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:16 am
Rollover time!
Time to determine winners...

Night 7 Winners....

Micillia
For Static, for the highest score!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Taki-di
For Tsarzi, for the best post!

Sami-Fire
For Wallas, for the raffle!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

purplerosesbeauty rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:22 am
Night 8
Tonight's challenge is.... Party Dip!

"Eh? The party's not over? What! Ehehe, whoops, guess I made an oopsie. So the party's still going folks, at least for a few more nights. So why not make something fun for the party? A party dip! You know, like what trolls eat chips and vegetables or whatever with. Lots of them have a sour cream base, or a cheese base, or a salsa base. If you really don't know what I'm talking about, I'm helpfully gonna offer you recipe cards so you don't ruin this," Cerise said, waving her arms. She grinned wide, and threw the cards on the pantry tables for the contestants. "Be good party guests and clean up your stations after this!"

Quote:
And tonight's safe number is...
3!

cashmeresky rolled 1 12-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-12)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:57 am
Invira shuffled towards the slitchute booth to hopefully make something delicious and eat a delicious chocolate. The last time she ate one, it was very spicy, and not in the nice and warm way. She hesitantly picked one up and put it on her tongue. Thankfully, it didn't feel like fire as the chocolate slid down her chute.  

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

cashmeresky rolled 3 20-sided dice: 13, 3, 3 Total: 19 (3-60)

cashmeresky

Dangerous Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:03 am
"Party... Dip..." Invira narrowed her eyes in thought. She had never made a party dip. Was that a celebratory swim after one completes an amazing feat? You can't eat that so probably not. She gathers the most pungent cheese she could find, as well and some veggies she recognized.

Having no patience to learn to use the stove, she decides to cook the veggies over the bunsen burner, and it ends up taking forever, of course. As Invira waited for the veggies to cook, she started to zone out until she smelled the scent of smoke. Half her veggies were on fire. Invira widened her eyes and flailed around in panic, sending smoke signals to everyone who could see her that she was not going to get a good score. In her panic, she mashed the veggies, some still ablaze, in with the cheese. At least it made the cheese melty?

DraconicFeline rolled 3 20-sided dice: 10, 4, 13 Total: 27 (3-60)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 3:43 pm
Psykgi Mentha

Psy was going to have fun again tonight at the cooking booth, but more than that, she was going to get that spectacular apron in the merchandising booth - yes. That was to be hers.

Party dip? A good recipe to know, especially if one liked parties. Psykgi had never made it, but that didn't mean that she wasn't going to have fun trying! She scrambled for ingredients, trying to guess what would go together. What did she want in a party dip? What was she dipping? Usually, for her, it was crackers, and she wanted sweetness and spice. So that's what she got - spices and honey (from that booth, maybe?) and something to carry it all (Mayonnaise?)

This was actually pretty easy to do with her hands occupied - forks were surprisingly good at mixing, and knives were, well, knives. The fruit pieces she put in were a little rough, and it all looked like a meowbeast had clawed it, but Psykgi was happy.

It was certainly unique, and a taste of the fork told her that it was also actually pretty good. However, it looked like a horrible mess, and the judge had to be cajoled into tasting it.

Still, the points were granted to her, and it was enough. The apron was now hers. Hurrah!

Quote:
Sabotage! You can't use your bare hands to cook anymore, and have to hold a fork and knife in each of your hands while you cook. (+1)
Inspiration! You have a creative spin on the dish that really sets you apart from your competitors. (+3)
Yikes! The judge won't even touch your food... (+0)

+4
Total points: 13
-10 for apron!

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
Sami-Fire rolled 3 20-sided dice: 2, 9, 20 Total: 31 (3-60)

Sami-Fire

Devoted Senshi

9,325 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Over Easy 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Wallas Ziegel

Score: 1 + 4 + 1 = 6

Wallas may have had a slight spring in his step as he sauntered over to the redblood's cooking booth... at least, until he saw what the order of the day was. Party dip? That wasn't a food. Not on its own, anyway. He never even held any parties, so what reason would he have to make it? Even as he thought that, a strange fire built up within him. He had to prove he could carry out this task, even if it didn't mean much in the grand scheme of things.

First off, he was pulled aside and shoved into a strange apron. KI___ the Cook? Okay then... it was a bit hard to be precise with the corresponding oven mitts, though, which was the real problem. Still, he managed to figure out how to use the mitts to his advantage (and the apron protected him from a few spills), and that gave him a tiny flicker of pride. Once again, everything seemed to fall into place as he cooked. Even though it was something as silly as party dip (he elected to go for a salsa base), the combinations all made sense somehow. When it was done, he presented the concoction to the judge with some measure of pride... only for her to make a face when she pulled a very long thread from the oven mitt out of the dip. Oops?

But the most remarkable thing was that Wallas didn't feel incredibly put out or anxious about the incident. Instead, he accepted it as an unfortunate accident and felt sure that his dip tasted good anyway. What a strange feeling! Was this... self confidence? Incredible. It felt so good to not be anxious or pessimistic about even one thing. Would it last? He didn't know. But he would enjoy the feeling while he did.  
Historical & Archived Events

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff