Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire Island

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampire, Demon, Role Play, Fantasy, Literate 

Reply Demon Realm
The Crimson Spire / Gateway to the Amber Forge Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:12 pm
Red Gypsy
You can hardly imagine how much I'm looking forward to it.

Ilea's response to the spell was actually typical for their current position and the condition they were in. But, the look that came over her face after she calmed was something different entirely. It said something deeper and newer, something that she wanted to say but couldn't. It seemed familiar.

Then Shale was surprised. Her first initiated contact was as sudden as it was potent. The pressure of her earnest lips pressed to his with so much of her personality moving with them. He was pleased. Actually, the feeling was deeper and stronger than mere pleasure. He returned the kiss with tenderness and depth. He knew nothing of the word that would mean what he wanted to convey but his grip shifted, lowering her feet to the floor even as he held her more tightly and deepened the kiss. She was not only his possession. She was far, far more. He was absolutely certain that no other could ever be such to him. No matter what happened, that would remain true.

And, when this was over, it would be time to embrace a future that neither of them had ever dreamed of before. But for this moment, he bent his will and attention to fingers and lips and every tiny place where their bodies touched. This would not be a day that either of them ever forgot.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:24 pm
Haeo
Just one more post from you and I'll put it up.

Ilea found herself overwhelmed with him again, though she stayed more conscious of every single moment this time. Yes, she was overwhelmed, but it was more than that. Her senses were heightened to the point that time seemed to slow down for her, allowing her to feel everything even more acutely.

She felt every touch, every moment, every kiss, every inch of their skin that came into contact, every look, every sound. All of it was absolutely perfect and reflected their need to have this one perfect moment between them.

By the time they moved back into the warm water of the tub, no words were needed as they tenderly cleaned each other, dried each other, then helped each other dress. At no point during that time did they lose contact with each other, finding that they were constantly touching in some way.

Even during their meal, they said nothing as they took the time to sit closely together and fed each other, taking a calm joy in such simple acts that required no words to encompass their feelings now.

But when the meal was finished, Ilea calmly got to her feet, "I'll need to know where I'm to work and where I'm to be for the trap when I'm finished," she said softly, knowing he'd need to tell her that much before he left to head to his own work.

Whatever her future held, she felt that she could face it now.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:32 am
Red Gypsy
Alright, so I will finish the pre-time-skip prep and then we can do a three day time-skip summary. But, that time-skip will probably have to wait for morning. We'll see though.

Even the most perfect moments eventually come to an end. This time, they were prepared. Each was strong enough for the task ahead. Though Shale knew that the magnitude of his task was far greater, the details of Ilea's work would really be what decide whether the trap would succeed or not.

Wordlessly, he called his staff to his hand and rose to join her. The multitude of tasks ahead of him fell neatly into a schedule as demanding as it was efficient. But the first thing was the most important, beginning.

"You will be staying here, the attached workshop at the end of the passage will have everything you will need. When the time comes, I will send a silver hummingbird to guide you." He was speaking of a golem of course. As much as he wanted to hear her opinion of everything he was about to do, it was vital that she not know more than she absolutely had to. "My work must be swift. Yours must be perfect. Remember to favor correctness over speed and wait here when your work is complete."

With that, he raised a hand to touch her cheek and then turned to go. His mount stood ready and he swung onto its back easily. His eyes locked with hers one more time before he sped away, needing no words to tell the story of his confidence in her. He had changed an immense amount since their meeting. He was stronger. He was more whole. And soon, he would bear the honor of having killed a fallen god. The story would not end with this, it was only the beginning.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:50 am
Haeo
Okay. I'll wait for your post then put up mine once you're ready. It's a long post too...

Ilea watched him leave until he was out of sight, knowing that it was likely the last time she'd see him again. But she cherished those final images of him, held them close as she moved to the work area that held the blacksmith's forge she needed.

She noted the silver and steel she would need for the daggers and the golem waiting that would keep the temperature of the forge consistent as she worked. She took in a deep breath then got to work. Creating the daggers was easy for her, even doing it from memory. They were the only weapons she'd used for centuries. She knew every single detail of the blades and worked hard to make them absolutely perfect replicas of those daggers, remembering every moment shed possessed them as she worked.

Once she was finished, she ignored the golem as it allowed the forge to die out and moved on to other tasks. Instead, she polished the blades until they shone then added in the final details. That done, she worked with her bodysuit.

That alone took up the rest of three total days of working without rest. Her body took the toll of those three days but she did it anyway until she had her own plans perfect.

She would fight Goh with everything she had, only allowing her bodysuit to protect her at the end, though convincing it took the brunt of the work she had to go through. Still, she managed to accomplish it and finally waited at the entrance to this area of the spire.

This time, she looked like she was ready for the fight ahead, as well as looking more like the woman who had gone into the fight with Gypsy. She was dressed in her familiar crimson leather as well, something Goh would expect from her. Now she simply waited for the bird Shale had promised to send.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:32 am
Red Gypsy
Alright, long post away! Hmm, not as long as I thought it would be.

Shale rode in silence until he reached the place he had to be. It was a simple chamber, round and only a few meters across, but it had a view of the entire interior of the Forge. It's floor and ceiling were also completely covered with inscriptions in inlaid amber. Countless magic circles and interwoven spells filled every surface. In fact, barely a millimeter separated many of the circles from the next. This was the Chamber of Forging and Shale took his place in its center, sending his mount to wait outside. Here he began to work.

The remainder of the Forge flowed quickly into being with many of the required materials manifesting from raw magic instead of waiting for time and structure to help. That could be built in later, after this task was complete. Catalysts and innumerable reagents gathered at the various points of the large and complicated magic circle that dimly glowed within the heart of the Forge. This part was complete after less than a day. The hard work would be the shaping of the spells and golems themselves.

That part of the crafting took the remaining two days and several hours past. Everything was done meticulously and checked several times. When the time came, there would be no shortage of opponents to keep Goh occupied. The golems were even armored against most magic. He wouldn't be able to merely dispel them. He would have to destroy them conventionally. And, when Ilea was safe, in the final moments before the Spire blinked into oblivion with its prey, there would be a wave of master golems crafted in Goh's own image wielding something that Shale would never allow to enter the real world. They were empowered with anti-magic. Such golems would be a real threat to any deity and would be able to demand his attention for at least several seconds. But, to avoid any panicked preemptive attacks on him or the Forge by other deities, Shale only crafted them within the Spire itself. They would never leave it.

Finally, Shale called the link into being. The transition between the real world and the Spire was flawless. The physical architecture of the shell that manifested beside the Demon King's Palace was a triumphal monument, crafted with arrogant pride in a triumph over an enemy. It's shining surface was truly a perfect testament to both Lareth's desire to kill Goh and the amount of pleasure he derived from capturing Ilea. It would also serve as a beacon to the prey they had in mind.

As flawless as the link was, it was also frail. The spell that would extract Ilea was actually more than enough to snap the link as it carried her. She would be a hair's breadth from the grip of oblivion the whole time. There would be no chance for Goh to follow, even if the powerful golems couldn't keep his attention for as long as planned.

Spell upon spell, subtlety upon subtlety, auras upon auras, Shale crafted the place to deceive by deception. Everything that Goh could possibly notice was crafted to make it seem that the place was meant to keep him out. There were barriers and magic suppression fields and more powerful guardian golems than Lareth's court had ever had access too. Yet, they were all nothing compared to the actual force that Shale had prepared. Ilea might be in for a bit of a shock at the actual limits of Shale's power. The numerous master golems that would be involved in those final key moments would each be hundreds of times stronger than anything crafted before. But, not only that, so long as the Spire continued to exist there would be no end to them. There were hidden chambers within it that would continue to craft replacements even as the golems fell. Goh would be kept quite busy until it was far too late.

Finally, Shale crafted a small and lovingly detailed little silver hummingbird and sent it to Ilea. It would guide her to the chamber that he designed to be perfect for her plan and the deception involved. Goh would have to penetrate several guard chambers before he reached her but he would have no difficulty with that. Those golems were adept class at best. They were potent, but simple. If it was too easy to reach her then he might become suspicious. Once she was in place the tiny golem would do its final work by wriggling inside and bonding with the interior surface of the golem she wore, marking her and it for the extraction spell without modifying anything that could be detected.

It was ready. Shale had full control from his chamber. There was no chance of anyone betraying the secret because of the barriers and guardian ravens around the Spire's anchor point. Even the King would not know the details or even enough of the general plan to change his behaviors. He would likely still think that it was under construction. After all, only a day or two had passed in the real world since Shale and Ilea had first entered the void.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 12:11 pm
Haeo
And here we go! Amazing that four pages in Word manage to fit perfectly into a post on here... Enjoy!

What seemed like mere moments for Goh was actually three days for Ilea and Shale. Three days of rushed preparations and hard work. Three days of creating the golems Shale would need. Three days of creating her daggers and working with her bodysuit for Ilea.

At the last moment, she’d stood at the opening at the top of the spire where Goh had spotted her before retreating to prepare herself for what was to come. Ilea stood ready in the room Shale had prepared for this and waited for the moment they were all expecting now. She was dressed in crimson leather, or at least appeared to be. She’d finally managed the trick of making the bodysuit golem alter itself as well as a few more little tricks that Shale might not be too happy with. The top was the familiar bodice that held her breasts on display while keeping them contained, the bottom a pair of short-shorts, and heeled thigh boots that hugged every curve of her legs. At her hips were the silver daggers she’d finished making and her dark hair was braided down her back. As she waited, she wondered how she was going to survive this, wondered what Goh’s reaction would be when he saw her again. She feared it almost as much as the fight to come but had to wonder what was going to happen in that moment when they finally faced each other again.

But she didn’t have to wait long to find out as she felt a familiar searing pain from her scalp as her hair was grabbed and pulled sharply, drawing a cry of pain from her as her head was jerked back and around to see that familiar metallic mask facing her. The sight made her whimper and shake in fear as he pulled her against him, triggering her old fears. She'd had no idea that he was even here yet. He'd simply appeared behind her.

“My beautiful Ilea… So nice to finally find you… Time for your next lesson, my dearest…” he told her in a soothing and caring croon that only increased her fear then viciously slapped her, sending her to the floor with a pained cry. He gagged her with a mere thought and a touch of pure power, “No sense in having you call out too soon, my dearest,” he stated then took his time approaching her, relishing the sounds of fear she made at the sound of his footsteps, “Ah… My sweet Ilea… You make the sounds of the sweetest orchestra ever heard while under my hands and in your fear of me. The greatest of my creations… And my greatest disappointment… You betrayed me, Ilea. Me, the one you owe your life to, every breath you take, every scream you make. All of it, you have because of me, because I created you. And yet you ran from me… Such a beautiful fool you are, my Ilea…” he said as he got his emotions back under control.

His crimson eyes moved over her body and thought of all that he planned to do to her, “You have no idea, Ilea, you never learned. I’m in your veins. I’m the pain moving through you. I’m the ecstasy you feel in pleasure. I’m the very air you breathe. I’m every truth you’ve spoken and every lie. I am your darkness and your light. I thought you’d realize it by now, Ilea. But apparently I have to show you all over again,” he approached her again, meeting her eyes as his hand under her chin forced her to look up at him, “I can smell him all over you, the one who has taken you from me. But not to worry, my sweet, I’ll take care of that now. I’ll take you back to every moment of our pleasure together. I’ll show you what I created you for. Then I’ll take care of him and ensure that you never leave me again. He's obviously no match for me. This place was painfully simple to get into, and you even easier to find. He will be no problem for me to dispatch,” he said with a feral grin, clearly not expecting any kind of fight from her.

But he felt a searing pain in one thigh and looked down to see one of her silver daggers impaling his flesh and returned his eyes to her face to glare at her as she ripped the gag from her mouth and threw it to the floor, “Little fool…” he said simply and backhanded her across the room before he pulled the dagger from his thigh and simply dropped it before stalking towards her again, this time summoning his sword to his hand with another touch of pure power. Learning the tower’s limitations towards him hadn’t been that hard for him: no shadows, no necromancy. Easy enough, he wouldn’t need them to take care of this little problem, “You will learn your lesson once I have you back home, Ilea,” he told her as he raised his blade to slash down at her.

Only to be met by her other dagger as she glared up at him then twisted until his sword’s tip landed in the stone floor and got to her feet, not bothering to wipe the blood trickling from the corner of her mouth, “No more… You were the one to chase me away… That was not my fault and I will not be held accountable for it…” she told him harshly, her own anger raising to the surface and fueling her physical abilities. She moved in on the attack, the ringing sound of metal clashing sounding in the room harshly, “You never cared for me, not really. I’m nothing more than a possession to you. All the promises, all the sweet words, all the hints… None of it was ever real. I would never stand at your side, never be a true partner for you, never be more than a punching bag for your rage and a child to be indulged whenever you’re feeling magnanimous. No more!” she said as she backed him up with the fury of her attack.

He defended himself easily but was shocked by the anger she was displaying. Then he watched her collect her other dagger and move in for another attack. In that moment, he knew, “He’s taken the bond… I can feel it now…” he said, the words making her back off in shock and fear before her anger took over again and she moved in for another attack. But he wouldn’t allow it this time. He glared at her and turned her attack against her as he moved in offensively instead of simply defending himself, “No one else will have you, my Ilea… I’ll make sure of it…” he promised her and set to doing just that.

The attack didn’t last for long. By the time he finally stepped back from her, his sword was now dripping with her blood and she was on the floor, more of her blood spreading out around her from numerous cuts and several stab wounds to key organs. He looked her over for a moment then gave a grin, “Absolutely beautiful, Ilea… I’ve missed the sight of your blood like this… Too bad I won’t be seeing it again…” he told her before he raised his bare hand and started gathering the power needed to obliterate her forever.

Now, in this final moment, her crimson leather changed, moving over her body with amazing speed. It contained her wounds even as she passed out from blood loss.

Now was the moment. Now, as Goh was gathering his power to blast her, as he stood over her with her blood still dripping to the floor from his sword. Now, as he stood there watching in amazement as her bodysuit tried to develop protections to help her stay alive. Now, as he focused on nothing but her permanent demise.

She’d done her best to fight him and he did bear more than a few wounds from her efforts, his blood slowly trickling down his body to pool on the floor below his booted feet. There was nothing to see of his face behind his metallic mask. Only Ilea had ever seen the face behind that mask and now no one else would if Shale succeeded in finishing the trap.

He fired two blasts at her of pure power, each carrying a slight variation to it. Her suit nullified the first blast but the second carried an electrical charge to it that managed to get through and made her body arch and vibrate as she gave a strangled cry. But it succeeded in bringing her conscious enough to say something, “Master… Please…” she whispered, the spire carrying her words to Shale as Goh paused, thinking her words were begging him for mercy.

But Shale would know that those words were intended for him, her attempt to beg him to finish this and eliminate Goh for good, to beg him to keep his promise to her to not hesitate. Even now, she was still distracting Goh as she struggled to stay conscious, wanting to see him die, wanting to see the end of it all. She needed to see this even though she truly wanted Shale’s face to be the last thing she saw before she died. But this would do, seeing Goh’s death would be enough for her.

She knew that his blood now pooling on the floor would give Shale what he needed to finish off Goh for good and was relying on his power as a blood sorcerer to finish this.

Her suit was actually struggling to keep her alive at this point, Goh’s blasts having damaged it in ways neither of them could have prepared for. But she was still struggling to stay awake as she felt her blood pooling inside her bodysuit and knew her time was limited.

She heard something that made her shiver in fear: Goh’s laughter, pure sadistic amusement at her whispered words. Then he spoke, “Beg all you want for mercy, Ilea. You won’t be getting it from me. Not this time. Oh, no… I will kill you this time. You are mine and no one else will have you, I will see to it permanently this time. You have left me for the last time. And once I have taken care of you, I will see to him,” he told her, his voice maniacal and torturous, heavily laced with the evil that filled him.

She knew he meant every word of it, that he would, indeed, kill her this time. She couldn’t prevent the whimper of fear that escaped her as she heard his steps begin to approach her, the blood loss allowing her to hear her blood dripping from his sword as well as he got closer and closer.

Then he was standing right over her, filling her face with that soulless and emotionless metallic mask of his as he raised his sword for one more strike.

This was it. She was staring at her death.

She felt bloody tears pooling in her eyes then rolling down into her hair as a few final thoughts came into her mind. At least she’d finally told Shale how she felt, that she would always be his. Goh couldn’t take that from her.

A sense of pure peace moved through her, stilling all of her fear as she watched the blade start to come down. This strike would sever her head, she knew, and even she couldn’t survive a beheading. But she knew Shale would kill Goh, that he would close the trap and obliterate him. She knew it was finally over and closed her eyes as she pictured Shale’s face in her mind, remembering every detail of him as she’d seen him in their final moments together, determined to take that image with her as she died instead of Goh’s horrible mask.

Now she was ready. Ready to die. Ready to meet her final fate, even if it came at the hands of her creator. That thought move into the darkness with her as she passed out, rendered unconscious again by the loss of blood as her bodysuit struggled to protect her from the final blow of the sword. It did manage to deflect it to the floor beside her but wouldn’t be able to prevent another blow as the sword was raised again, this time with an annoyed growl.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:11 am
Red Gypsy
And now it's my turn. Heh.

Shale found his self control tested to its limits. Watching Ilea be tormented, especially by Goh, was more than he could easily handle. But, he was nothing if not disciplined. So, he waited. And he waited. Every moment dragged on like an hour. Every movement seemed to burn in his mind.

There was only one point of failure for this trap now that Goh was inside. If he saw Ilea vanish then he could follow her before the link was cut. And that very point of failure was the key weakness in Ilea's plan. His attention was fixed on her to the exclusion of all else. But, Shale had planned for this.

The sword came up and the first stroke fell. The order had already been given. A dozen narrow, concealed doors opened silently all around the room's perimeter. The sword came up again and then it violently lurched to the side as a bolt of raw power slammed into it. Sparks were struck from where it impacted the floor, but a hair's breadth from Ilea's skin.

Goh stood straighter and twisted, seeking the source of this interference, and he saw... himself. Dozens of Gohs were approaching from every side. Some had hands outstretched, crackling with bolts of power, others had swords drawn that glittered and rippled as though reality itself sought to reject their nature. He let out a small breath of annoyance. He could tell that they were golems, and arrogantly built in his image. He gestured, attempting to dissolve the bonds that held them together as he had with the others. Nothing happened. Or rather, nothing he wanted to happen happened. Instead, bolts of power flashed from the golems and he was forced to expend power blocking them. The bolts failed to pass his barrier but the power in them was enough that he was forced to turn his full attention to the task even as he was engaged by blades that shimmered with anti-magic.

The golems did begin to fall, many to Goh's skill with a blade, some to bolts of power. But they did not fall easily. Goh finally realized the truth, that the enemy who had taken Ilea's blood bond was far more than just some minor inconvenience. That, and the fallen god was no longer the hunter, but the prey. He snarled, his voice became bestial and wild. "You are watching aren't you. Well, even if your little trap manages to do its work, you wont have her!" He swung back around with his sword raised above his head to deliver the final blow to his creation.

She wasn't there.

In that first instant that his attention had been on the golems there had been a tiny sound, a soft 'pop'. The sound of air moving to replace a sudden vacuum. Ilea had been summoned elsewhere. The link to where she had gone was... gone. He twisted and growled, striking with fury at the swords of the advancing golems. The sound of steel on steel and arcing power filled the chamber. He reached out to the shadows, then to powers he had long allowed to fall into disuse. But, he was no longer in the realm created by the goddess. The Laws of this tiny reality would not hear him.

He leaped over the heads of the circle of golems and landed with his back to the wall where the entrance had been. There was no way out. These mockeries of him were closing in with weapons that none of the other gods would have dared to create or allow. And he realized too that there was no world. The invitingly arrogant Crimson Spire was revealed as the baited trap that it was. He let out a howl, feral and furious with unbounded rage as he swatted aside a dozen thrusts. He had been denied, trapped, deceived, and now he realized that he was being overpowered. These golems were stronger than any construct he had ever heard of. And they were single-minded. He raised his sword to cut another one down and... a flash slammed into his side, dropping him to his knees as the swords of the golems struck the wall above his head. A golem had fired a bolt of power along the wall. His cloak was on fire, his body burned, his armor glowed with heat. He raised his masked face to stare upward with unbridled hatred, and he screamed.

"Ilea!"

But his voice was cut short with a guttural grunt. Four golems pinned his chest to the wall with anti-magic blades. Then they leaped backward, making an opening in the encirclement for the bolt-thrower golems. There was a flash as their bolts of concentrated magic impacted the swords and Goh's armor. And the power of the blast was soundless. The Spire was no more. In a blink, Goh was gone along with the Spire and all inside it.

But, Shale was not watching the show. The moment that the link had been cut he had shut down the magic circles just in case. Then he was at Ilea's side where she lay in a slowly widening pool of her blood. There was no time for anything. Even a being like her could die from certain wounds and there had been something about Goh that made Shale uncertain of the true nature of that sword of his.

He lifted her gently but quickly and leaped, with her in his arms, onto the back of his mount. In an instant they were moving as fast as the golem could carry them back to their living quarters. He descended from his seat before the golem could even stop moving and landed at a run. Every possible obstacle shied out of his way as he bolted to the healing bath where he lowered his precious one and her closest protector into the waters together. Calling his staff to his hand, he placed the tip of it on the floor of the pool and began to work on directly healing Ilea's wounds and replacing some of her lost blood. Time would finish the job but he would do what he could. His pulse began to calm after he became certain that she would, at least, survive.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:15 pm
Haeo
Nicely done!

Ilea remained boneless and unresponsive as he carried her to the healing bath and lowered her into it's waters. The water diluted her blood as her bodysuit flowed from her and revealed her injuries to him even as they were healed. She'd taken a beating in the fight, knowing that she would have to in order to gain Goh's focus enough that distracting him from ehr at the right time would actually work.

She had one pierced lung, and several other pierced organs, that healed with Shale's focused attention. She finally took in a sure and clear breath then let it out in a pained whimper as she shifted slightly in his arms then held still after long practice with such pain.

It might have seemed like forever but she did eventually open her eyes to blink up at him, then blinked a bit more. But it wasn't until she raised one hand to touch his arm that she took in a shaking breath and had to blink back bloody tears.

"You're real... I'm not dreaming this... Is he gone? Is he really gone?" she spoke softly, as if she was afraid that seeing him like this was a figment of her pained mind conjuring up a hallucination to torture her.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:01 am
Red Gypsy
Thank you! I wasn't quite satisfied with it but that's probably just my perfectionist streak.

Shale felt a wave of relief as Ilea finally showed signs of waking. Her injuries had been severe. Even though he knew that she would not die from such injuries once they were reunited it was still a hard thing to concentrate on casting with her in such distress. Though not all the distress was gone with the injuries. Some was still there. Goh had never been as skilled at wounding with blades as he was at wounding the mind and heart.

"Yes." He said softly as he pulled her head onto his lap. "And gone is the most accurate term as well." His face showed his pain from what he had had to see and what he had been required to allow. But, a fierce and slow grimace of victory cracked his visage. "Between his obsession with you, his belief in my weakness, and the golems I crafted he had no idea of what was happening until far too late."

Only the legacy of that wretch remained. And of that monstrous legacy there was only one shining part that Shale didn't want to cast into oblivion along with him. And that part was laying in the water with her head in his lap, desperate for reassurance that her ancient tortured nightmare was over.

Shale lowered his head to kiss her lips softly. His free hand stroked her hair as though to reassure his heart that he really had succeeded in saving her, that she was no more a dream than he was. In that instant he looked old, far older than his years. Old, and full of relief and joy. He hadn't lost her. This time, he hadn't had to lose anyone. His face showed no tears but his heart sobbed with relief.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:24 am
Haeo
You're very welcome.

Ilea closed her eyes in pure relief at his words and let out a soft sigh. Her next breath in was a bit shaky, though, as she accepted his kiss then turned in the water to wrap her arms around his waist, her body slowly starting to shake as so many years of pain worked it's way out.

The tears she shed now had nothing to do with fear. It was relief and the release of so much pent up emotion that had her crying silently, releasing the tears he wouldn't or couldn't. She had over a thousand years of pain to let go of, though the reality of Goh truly being gone from her life likely wouldn't hit her until after she'd had some sleep.

She finally turned her head to the side to breathe a bit and looked up at him again, this time able to note the effects of what she'd done to him, "I'm sorry, Master... It was the only way... I knew... I knew that fighting me would distract him... That you'd have the chance if he was focused enough... I just..." she tried to put it into words but found herself foundering.

She knew she needed something, needed to give him something that was real and did the only thing she could think of in that moment. She moved up in the water to kiss him, taking his lips fiercely instead of tenderly, somehow knowing that both of them needed to know that this was real, that they'd succeeded with such an audacious undertaking, that she really was alive and well. She also knew that she would heal alot better if neither of them were as focused on her injuries as he seemed to be right now.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:15 pm
Red Gypsy
This would be a hilarious time for him to pass out, wouldn't it? It's almost a shame that he's not human.

Shale responded to Ilea's kiss softly at first, then with greater fierceness. His hold on her strengthened, nearly lifting her out of the water before relaxing and letting go. He joined her in the waters then, leaving his robe, staff and body suit on the floor. He lowered himself in the water until everything from the shoulder down was submerged. Then he wrapped his arms around her again and held her close, trying not to think, trying to stop the innumerable darker possibilities that could have come to pass from flickering past his mind's eye.

The water shone around them, striving to heal her wounds and his stress. In that shimmering light, alone together in the near silence, Shale kissed her again. This kiss was powerful, deep, intense. He drew on what emotional energy he had left to show how strong his side of their bond was. As that deep contact continued his hands loosened their grip and began to softly travel over each inch of her skin, barely touching her. There was no reason to rush.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:32 pm
Haeo
Oh yeah! Why do you think I only have two human characters?

Ilea needed the contact as much as he did. He needed to make sure she was really alive, that he'd succeeded in saving her. She needed to know that seeing and feeling him was real, that she hadn't died or been taken by her creator. They needed to celebrate their success and restore their bond with each other. The fact that the physical contact would help her heal was simply an added benefit.

When he joined her in the pool, she made up for what emotional energy he couldn't supply with an overload of it. She kept the kiss intense and filled with the pure need for the contact between them now. While his hands moved with slow teasing movements, hers were certain and demanding as they explored him.

No, there was no rush. Their time was their own in this place now. Her side of the kiss finally moved down a few notches and her hands did eventually slow to match his pace. When they finally came together, it was at that slow and deliberate pace, meeting each other's eyes as they made the slow climb to heaven.

As they calmed down from the high, Ilea's body was almost totally healed. Only rest would finish her healing, rest that they both needed.

They waited a bit longer in the pool then dried each other off and made their way to the bed where they simply held each other at first, small movements made sure the other was there as her head rested on his shoulder once more.

But after a bit in the silence, Ilea finally raised her eyes to meet his, her fingers moving a lock of his hair back from his face as she considered the words she wanted to say in this moment but found herself suddenly uncertain of saying them.

It was something else that could be laid at Goh's feet, something he'd told her once that seemed to stick with her. But she silently reminded herself that Goh was gone and she deserved the chance to try.

"I love you," she told him in a soft whisper then gave him a soft kiss and laid her head back down on his shoulder, her arm resting over his waist. She didn't expect anything in response. They were both exhausted and could take in the ramifications of today's deeds once their minds were clear again.

But Shale's access to her memories would show him that she'd just taken a monumental step of her own. Goh had told her that she hadn't been created for loving. Sex, yes, as well as punishment and servitude. She'd been created to be the perfect servant and companion. But, he'd told her many times over, love had nothing to do with any of that and had nothing to do with her.

Still, she'd told Shale how she felt twice now, both times with such simple words that spoke to a fullness of feeling just for him that couldn't really be encompassed by words. She'd still tried, giving him what was left of the heart Goh had ripped apart numerous times.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:18 am
Red Gypsy
Well, that human touch can be an excellent tool for development. But, it slows things down a lot and roleplays are better suited to a faster flow. Though... It kinda sucks that only one of my characters has an active person to work with... Tzzek totally missed out on the rescue mission because of that.

Shale made sure that their measured pace continued unabated until both of them had been satisfied. He had pushed himself hard to accomplish what he had in such a short time and the toll was still evident. He was only able to set a slow pace but it was enough. This time, their union was far closer to being one of equals.

This was a thing that Shale could get used to, though he hoped to be in better shape in the future.

With Ilea's injuries almost completely healed and their personal connection restored and strengthened, it was a relief to be able to just rest together. With no grand undertaking ahead of them and no immediate need to go anywhere or do anything, Shale simply relaxed. In that state of relaxation with his control at rest he revealed a mix of characteristics. He had the faint lines on his face, the varied scars, and long gaze of one far older than he was. Yet, his body had the signs of a man in his prime, newly restored to the full blush of strength and health with muscle that seemed to define his form with lines of greater strength than he yet possessed. And this person, this man, this once broken demon child, had managed to kill a fallen god.

He was tired. He was weary in a way he had not felt in a very long time. But, he was not alone. Another story had ended by his hand, a long one, a dark one, but a story none-the-less. There was a weight involved in killing someone who did so much to so many. He lay there with Ilea's head on his shoulder and stared upward at the ceiling, not really thinking, just feeling what had happened and what was happening now.

He was not asleep when Ilea whispered those words to him. They were words that had no immediate impact. He could feel their significance in the bond but had no knowledge of what they actually meant. He knew what she was to him. But, for him, it was wordless and unending. It would remain undefinably vast and impossible to state even if he knew the meaning of those words the same way that Ilea did. Though, she seemed to have just discovered that meaning.

Still, he had no answer, not in words. His hand moved to cover hers where it lay across his waist and squeezed her fingers gently. He had heard her. He shared the meaning. He just didn't have the words or the strength to communicate his real answer.

Even with his time in the healing bath, his nerves still felt like they were on fire, his head throbbed, his very veins felt raw and swollen, and his blood smelled faintly of charred flesh. He had little outward sign of the extremes to which he had pushed himself. But, his insides were in need of repair. It had always been a bit of a weakness of his, healing. He might be able to fill a lakebed with his own blood and then walk off and have some tea, but actual injuries healed slowly. They even seemed to have a mild resistance to magical healing. Still, between the influence of the bond and the healing bath he would be healed in a couple days. It would have taken a month before.

He closed his eyes. It was just another way that Ilea had changed his life. One more metamorphosis to mark his pattern of death and rebirth. He had died as a child when he killed his family. He had died as a son of Azuranal when he accepted his new beginning under King Lareth. He had died as that mere baron when he became the Lord of the Amber Forge and the killer of one of his King's most terrible enemies. Every time, he had become greater, more powerful, more deadly. But, this time he had become more gentle, more affectionate, more caring. His King might not even recognize him when they returned. He deepened his breathing and let that thought drift away. For now, it was enough to have won. It was enough.

He slipped into peaceful dreams of shifting colors and unfamiliar shapes. Buildings he had never seen with his own eyes. Dark and cold places with an empty and melodramatic air to them. Yet, even though part of him knew it was not a safe place, there simply seemed to be an emptiness to it, a hollowness that seemed as vast as memory itself. It was a long, strange, but restful night.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:52 pm
Haeo
Sorry this took me so long to get up but here it is. Enjoy!

Ilea woke at some point and sat up to watch Shale sleeping for a long moment in silence. She knew he needed to rest for a while more, needing the healing it would bring to him. She hated that her body was much easier to heal than his but knew that he'd actually improved it since he'd found her.

She still wished that he healed better. She didn't like it when he was hurt.

But him being hurt right now was exactly what she needed. She leaned in and placed a feather-light kiss to his forehead then his lips and slipped from the bed. Her bodysuit found her and wrapped around her in a soothing presence before it settled down into her favored crimson leather. She ran a hand over her hip and could have sworn that the suit gave a silent purr at the contact. But she ignored that and refocused on Shale's face.

There was one thing she had to do. She only hoped he'd forgive her for it in the end. But she had to do it.

She turned and left the bedroom, heading into the eating area where she pulled her last dagger and carved a message in the table that he might understand better than what she'd told him the night before. It took her a bit of work, but she finally stepped back pleased with what she'd done. It was fitting.

She knew that there was a way out of the spire now that the trap was finished. She took one more look at Shale's sleeping face then did the hardest thing she'd ever done before: she left.

She left the spire and headed straight for Lareth's castle to report that Goh was gone for good. She thought it fitting that she deliver the message. She also had something else to tell Lareth that she felt would be proper for her to say as well.

She only hoped Shale would forgive her, and that he'd understand the message she'd left for him...

Heart and Soul
Blood and Bone
I will always be yours
Ilea

Those words meant more than he'd probably guessed originally. But she trusted him to understand her meaning and what she was doing...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Haeo

Timid Billionaire

4,600 Points
  • Elysium's Hero 500
  • Timid 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:27 am
Red Gypsy
Bah, wanted a longer post... but sometimes it just feels better short.

Shale slowly awakened in the silence. She wasn't there. He felt the bond. Then he cursed, quietly and with great venom. He knew where she was and what she was trying to do. He also realized that he was healed. However, he was already half-dressed and staring at the table before this realization sunk in.

Damn. Even her carving was elegant. His hand traced several of the letters in the wood. A vow with great meaning and depth. He had the feeling that he would never truly understand the full meaning of it. But he had no intention of failing for lack of trying.

He pulled his hand back, calmer now but with a low sense of heat in his chest, and turned to finish dressing and collect his staff. Behind him, the letters in the table were etched in amber and framed in gold that glowed in the light. He was not one to forget. He knew what he was likely to encounter. He was prepared. And he was angry. The power of the Amber Forge surged into him, filling him nearly to bursting. More power than he had ever held at one time. Though he had no wish to defy his King, he would be prepared to preserve Ilea from the severest consequences of her sense of obligation. Even if his power was still insufficient, it would not stop him from trying.

It would not take long to reach her.  
Demon Realm

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces