Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[ORP] A Beautiful Day To Race! - Everyone! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:08 am
Kara Asumie
Looking over to the stallion "Oh thank you. It is a tune my mother would hum to me so I could stay stand and not pounce about." She giggles as she watches the race again. "This is fun and exciting even if it is just watching. I never knew that watching something could be this fun." She then hears his question.

"Be my guest. And No it isn't saved. I came on my own to watch. I don't think my love would be the kind to like this type of stuff. He keeps to himself and I am not sure he would enjoy things just big crowds. Oh where are my manners. I am Shikon." She talks a lot for a bit when she is excited but that goes away after awhile and she is not so hyped up. Her eyes focus on the racers and the race again. She is cheering in the inside for Cherry to win but she doesn't wanna seem insane so she keeps the cheering inside of her head for now.

"You certainly are excitable!" he says to her while keeping his eyes on what's happening on the track. "I'm Storm Wind, and it's nice to meet you, Shikon."

It seemed that his favorite racer, Reese Lightning, was lagging in the back of the pack, and was going to be a solid last place. None the less, he shouted his encouragement at the track, "C'mon Reese! Go faster! Go go! I know you can do it!" Storm Wind was the type of guy who wanted to see everyone succeed, but unfortunately, in sports there were always winners and losers; not everyone can win a blue ribbon. Still, he liked to always see everyone give an honest effort.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:18 am
Fea Line

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Poni approached the two girls who were chatting away about their hair. OMG. She was stoked.

"I am in love with Batten Patches, but I think that Cheri is soooooooo last week." she said while interrupting into their conversation. "Jethro is kind of cute, but IDK...." And yes, Poni was the type of girl that used chat speak in real life. Why wouldn't she? It sounded way cooler than just words did.

"You can call me Poni, but I'm sure you already knew that." Her ego swelled like a overinflated balloon. She was so popular and cool sometimes that it hurt.  

StarieMichie

Unicorn

xxx Yuki Bear xxx
Crew

Rampaging Bear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:41 am
Fea Line

StarieMichie

June grinned at the tentacle again before looking back at Nicor's face. "Well it's nice to meet ya, Nicor. I think your hair looks good as is! My hair is so frizzy if it's unbraided. I just keep it this way because it's manageable. But your hair. It's so cool you can control them. Except that one," her gaze zeroed back in on the long one as her mouth ran on. "I still think it's awesome. I wish I had hair like yours. I'm sorry your racer isn't doing too well, I've been lucky. Patches has been doing well so far,"

She paused. "I'm rambling, I'm sorry I tend to do that when I'm excited or just randomly. It comes and goes. Sometimes I don't talk at all, but other times it just goes on and on and -" she was interrupted by Poni. Not caring about being cut off at the prospect of talking to another interesting person, she smiled.

"Another Patches fan!" she exclaimed. "I agree about Cheri. She's boring! Nothing like our roguish Batten Patches," June smiled, thinking of the handsome pirate-y racer. She then took a moment to take in Poni's hair, bright colors, and personality. She could definitely see herself getting along with this girl too. "Your hair is awesome too. How is it striped like that? Also, is that a chicken? And what is IDK?" She really needed to keep her mouth shut and think once in awhile. It was way too much work to focus on the race and speaking normally at the same time. A girl could only do so much.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:09 am
Candle Wick Ghost

Tirla blinks, "Oh. Announcer, right. I probably wouldn't wear a coat, it would get in the way of my wings, cause wind drag, that sort of thing. But I do like the spats."

Her thoughts pause as the race speeds by. "That is very exciting. It's a wonder none of them get hurt. The blue twin, Butters you said? She's got spunk, I like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Twilight...Angel~

Tiriaq swallows a sudden lump in his throat and just nods silently for a moment. "Ah yes, yes of course," he answered when his brain started processing again.

"I would be delighted to obtain flags and drink refills." Looking back at the track when she mentions the racer's names. "It seems only appropriate. After all, they are spending themselves for our entertainment. It seems only polite to know their names. Though it does help that each seems to resemble its name to an extent."

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:56 am
As the announcers began talking about the race, and the contestants began to line up, Hakkar turned around and immediately sprinted away from his family. "Noooo! Ah'm gonna be late!" Worming through the crowd, he hopped and skipped until he managed to squeeze through to the front. He eyed up all the racers. A couple of them looked like the pretty-girly-girly type. Yeuch. Girls. That was all the thought he gave them.

But there were some super awesome cool looking ones too - one had lightning, and the other looked like a pirate! He wiggled his butt in excitement. "GO LIGHTNIN'! Lost in the joy of the moment, all he could do was whoop and cheer at the races. They were running fast - faster than even he could, he thought. When ah grow up, ah wanna gallop dat fast! Noticing Tok'kal standing nearby, he wiggled through to her, eyes beaming. "Did ya see how fast dey went? Did ya?"

tursi
Amirynth

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:34 am
LydaLynn

Kadentsu smiled at herself, having seemed to make the stallion lose his cool for a bit. He was interesting and teasing him a bit was certainly just as fun as watching the race itself.

"Wonderful! I certainly couldn't handle it all myself. A stallion like yourself is certainly helpful to have around."

She looked over at the track as well. Watching the racers prepare for the next round was interesting enough. The trampling and stomping, some of them drinking and resting up. Others were watching the crowd a bit, probably looking for someone in particular, maybe just looking for their supporters.

"Yes, they all really do match their names rather well. Their given names should suit them I guess. The Cherry girl certainly has a nice pie marking on her rump. Then Minty has a very mint looking hair style, yes? You are right. It does seem rather bad of me to not know their names very well myself. I simply didn't try hard enough I think."

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

Fea Line

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 10:37 am
xxx Yuki Bear xxx

StarieMichie

Nicor laughed. "Frizzy could be cool. OH you could walk around with a huge fro... kinda like Pixarella's..ya know but cooler." she snerked and stuck her tongue out goofily. The long tentacle tried to clamp itself over Juniper's mouth. Apparently, it didn't like the idea of this gal talk talk talk talk talk talking, but Nicor moved away in time for it to miss as someone else just butted in.

Another Patches fan. Nicor made a sour face. Yes, Jethro was cute thats why she chose him, but something about the girls tone made her frown. That and she wanted to be the center of attention kthx. But she -tried- to keep it cool. "I know he's cute thats why I picked him. But I'm thinking... IF HE DOESN'T PICK UP THE SLACK ILL NEVER EVER EVER ROOT FOR HIM AGAIN!" she screeched out onto the track as loud as possible. Maybe it would spook him faster. Or maybe she'd just look like a temperamental tentacled weirdo.

Oh well. Now that that was out of the way. "Uummm, I think she means I dun knooow, but I dunno.... eh... ooh, chicken....." she said and peered at the bird, her tentacles wiggling at it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:32 pm
~Twilight...Angel~

Tiriaq preened under her complements for a moment before returning his attention to the racers. "The only ones I still confuse if I'm not paying attention are the twins. They are so very similar. But I think I appreciate them most, ascetically."

"Of course, none of them are as lovely, or named as sweetly as the beautiful Kadentsu."
Tiriaq smiles at the mare, his tone holding no sense of mocking but somehow feeling just a touch playful.

With a shake of his head that tosses his long mane for a moment. "And I dare not fail in my lady's service. It looks as though the next leg is about to begin. I shall be but a moment from your presence as I seek flags and refreshment."

Tiriaq gives another bow as he takes his leave back to the concession usdia.

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:18 am
User ImageRound Four! The race was still on an furious as ever! With Cherry in the lead, Patches and Butters battled for second place, both neck and neck for about half way around the track. At first it looked like Butters was pushing ahead, and then suddenly Patches would take the advantage and speed forward. In the back, Reese cantered faster, gaining ground and passing Nutters with a flourish. His head low to the ground the brown usida started gaining on Jethro. Pixarella also nudged forward still trying to overtake her green opponent. Using her lighter size as a benefit she darted forward, finally taking a higher place and leaving Minty in the dust. Small wings flapping in the wind, the pixi knew all she needed to do now was keep her place and push towards third to place. Jethro spotted Minty fall back slightly and quickened his pace to see if he could also press by her. Behind him, Reese was closing in the dust starting to get thick on the track kicked up by miniature hooves. Nutters still had a few tricks up her sleeve. After taking a corner at a dangerous angle she pushed forward once more and managed to catch up with the racing Reese. They ran along side each other for a turn or two before she ducked to the inner curve and slipped forward just in time to pass the line once more. Only one round left to go!

Rankings!
1st -
Cherry SweetyPie: 5,082
2nd - DD Butters: 2,859
3rd - Batten Patches: 2,760
4th - Pixarella Candituff: 2,759
5th - Mintireo Kisses: 2,668
6th - Retro Jethro: 2,156
7th - DD Nutters: 1,537
8th - Reese Lightning: 1,351  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:02 am
tursi
Tok'kal had hardly heard a word said when she notice the racers starting up. She dashed up to the front, following her siblings as they ran up to meet the front line, or as close as they could make it.

Toktok didn't know who she was rooting for, but she was screaming her head off in glee and jumping around as she watched them take off.

"Run! Run! Run!!!!" She cheered and bumped against her siblings.

Phail Ninja
As the announcers began talking about the race, and the contestants began to line up, Hakkar turned around and immediately sprinted away from his family. "Noooo! Ah'm gonna be late!" Worming through the crowd, he hopped and skipped until he managed to squeeze through to the front. He eyed up all the racers. A couple of them looked like the pretty-girly-girly type. Yeuch. Girls. That was all the thought he gave them.

But there were some super awesome cool looking ones too - one had lightning, and the other looked like a pirate! He wiggled his butt in excitement. "GO LIGHTNIN'! Lost in the joy of the moment, all he could do was whoop and cheer at the races. They were running fast - faster than even he could, he thought. When ah grow up, ah wanna gallop dat fast! Noticing Tok'kal standing nearby, he wiggled through to her, eyes beaming. "Did ya see how fast dey went? Did ya?"

Mar'liel raced after her siblings and pushed her way to the front of the crowd where she could see all the racers go around the track. After they passed by the second time she giggled, feeling the thunder of the hooves rumble up from the ground. "Ah wanna be a racer when ah grow up! Ah be fast an' stuff like that green one. Ah could be t' Blue Rapids! Oh mebby Rapid Blue!" Mar'li was sure that the names they were given couldn't be their real ones but more like their stage names. It was just like the story she had been told by Lyrica where the actors had different names... one was even called Bottom which she had found hilarious and was a two-legger who had fallen in love with a donkey. She turned away for a moment to look for their big sister but spotted Kepi back where they had left her watching the race from a higher vantage point.

Ewa'kepi was enjoying herself. She had picked up a few pennants for her herdmates, as well as a pirate one for Lyrica, one of Candituff's for Pip who had legwarmers just like the little pixie and one of Cherry's for Immi. Curious to see who was winning she peered at the scoreboard and noticed that there was quite a bit of switches. She was happy to note that Patches was doing well but surprised to see the twins so far apart in the rankings. 'Kepi wondered if she could meet the racers after the event, it would be interesting to find out a little more about them. Looking around she noticed that many of the other spectators where busy chatting amongst themselves as the race was going on, some about the race itself and others about more mundane things such as hairstyles. She had told her siblings to go out there and make some friends. It may be one of the few chanced she would get to do the same. The 'gryph mare looked around for someone who was standing alone like her to converse with.  

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

StarieMichie

Unicorn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:16 am
Fea Line

xxx Yuki Bear xxx

Poni was enjoying chatting it up with the other two girls. They both seemed pretty cool.

She smiled at June, "Patches could steal me away on his pirate ship any day of the week, and twice on Sundays." She sighed, clearly star-struck by the bright orange racer, "He's my OTP." After a moment of making desu-desu eyes, she continued, "Um, IDK is I don't know. Well, I know what it stands for: I don't know. I mean, IDK is the short form of I don't know." This was some sort of complicated Who's on First moment, and she shook her head. Usually people were cool enough to just roll with her abbreviations and not ask questions.

"If you wanted a winner, you should have picked Patches," Poni teased to Nicor. "Look at the bright side, at least Jethro is not in last? Right? It could always be worse. Maybe he'll catch up to Minty."

LuvrBoi clucked nervously at tentacle wiggling at him. "I'm glad you dig my chicken. You can call him LuvrBoi. He's a sweetheart and lets me drag him out to these type of events. Also, his hair is almost as cool as mine. Almost." she said with a flick of her mane.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:03 pm
~Twilight...Angel~

Tiriaq returned with drinks and flags for them both just as the little racers were crossing the finish line for the fourth time. "What did I miss?"  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 8:41 pm
User ImageTHE FINAL ROUND! It was on! Coming in on the last few turns, the racers sprinted even faster than before. First Cherry sailed over the finish-line in a decisive first place. She slowed down to a trot and nodded happily at her supporters pleased with her ranking. Butters and Patches were still neck and neck each vying for second place. As they turned the second to last corner the pirate usida tried another one of his tricks and swerved suddenly, attempting to push Butters off the track! She nimbly shifted out of the way and sped up, taking the corner with a tight angle. Patches lost his pace with a minor stumble and his eyes widened as non other than Pixarella sped past him! She suddenly had a burst of speed, throwing in her all at the end and not only passed Minty but now managed to slip past Patches! Butters zipped over the finish line in second place with Pixi on her tail snagging third! Patches slipped back in the ranks and found himself racing against Minty for the fourth place. At the last moment he pushed forward once again and nicked over the line barely in front of the green mare.

Slightly behind the middle pack came the last three. Nutters and Reese were still neck and neck, almost taking over Jethro. The older usida pushed himself for the last stretch and almost caught up to Pixi before passing the finish-line in 6th place. Reese looked like he was going to take 7th but at the last minute Nutters dashed forward and sailed in leaving Reese to take 8th! One by one, the racers slowed down to a trot and lined up to chat with each other for the moment. Congratulations were given and the spirit of comradely was evident. Slowly they all turned to see SugarQuill step forward and get ready to make her announcements.

Final Rankings!
1st -
Cherry SweetyPie: 6,359
2nd - DD Butters: 3,627
3rd - Pixarella Candituff: 3,444
4th - Batten Patches: 3,418
5th - Mintireo Kisses: 3,393
6th - Retro Jethro: 2,707
7th - DD Nutters: 1,911
8th - Reese Lightning: 1,669  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:54 am
LydaLynn

Kadentsu nodded.

"Yes, the twins aren't the easiest to tell apart when they are running along the track."

She blushed lightly at his compliment, not expecting him to be just as playful back to her as she was to him. Though it was unexpected, it wasn't a bad thing. She rather enjoyed the playfulness of it.

"Oh, yes. Please. Certainly don't want to end up going too long without anything to drink."

Kadenstu watched him as he walked away to get the drinks.

A little later as he came back with the drinks, Kadentsu was all excited. She smiled at him as he came over with the things.

"It was a rather good leg of the race! Pixarella gained a place ahead, so Mintireo is now a place further back. And the little ones in the back are still trying hard to get ahead and place as well! It's all very exciting."

She looked at the drinks and flags.

"Thank you very much for getting us the drinks and flags. I'm sorry you ended up missing that bit of the race to get them though."

~Twilight...Angel~

Celebrating Giver

26,275 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Hero 100
  • Supreme Supporter 500

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:50 am
~Twilight...Angel~

Tiriaq smiles and shakes his head. "Do not think on it. I would rather see to your needs than worry over something as fleeting as a race."

Taking a sip of his drink, Tiriaq turns to watch as the runners line up for their final trip around the track. "Look, there they go again. They have amazing stamina for such small sizes."

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff