Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here
{ SAHARA MISSION } Salvaging the Remains THE END P.27 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
kuropeco rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 pm
Further along, Gale tucking the scarf more securely around his face to prevent sand in his eyes, his eyes landed on something protruding from the sand. He knelt beside it, and with a bit of wrangling pulled out a slightly battered FEAR scanner.

Gale slipped it into his pack, readjusted his scarf again, and moved on.

User Image

[ DEATH DIVISION

Time Left: 10/30
Items Recovered Cell phone x2, FEAR scanner x1 ]

Eight rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 pm
Her finger felt something hard and she made a grab for it. There was a sloshing sound and a definite weight in her hand.

A water canteen! And it still had water in it! ******** yeah!

Time left: 5/30 minutes.
Supplies found so far: 1 Bandages, 1 Water Canteen

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Baneful rolled 2 20-sided dice: 14, 10 Total: 24 (2-40)

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 pm

This was more like it, fighting with actual honest to god backup. He kept his back to Harrison as he fought the next wave of the creatures, trusting the other hunter to have his back covered. It was hard to see in the sandstorm, surprisingly and as he swung out with Tracey he could only hazard what he was hitting.

He still made DAMN ******** sure what he was hitting wasn't Harrison.

A sudden flash of focus in that direction. He swung, it hissed and died, one of the larger ones.

He scanned the place again << I saw it>> Again. And again. He left the smaller flyers, he let Harrison pick them off, cover them both. And it seemed to Rep he was doing a damn good job of it too, hardly anything was getting to his shield, it left him free to concentrate, Tracey and him working together to spot the large ones.

This was for the ******** lair.

-SUN-
Time left 20/30
HP: 40 - 10 (7 blocked by Harrison) = 37
Monsters killed this turn: 14
Total: 15

Ravvlet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:26 pm
It was clear from the way bugs swarmed him, Wash observed distantly, that Jerry did in fact have so much honey.

Only these weren't bees.

He swiped a few more away with his shield and offered him a hand to help him up.

MOON
HP: 40/40
Blocking: 6, Jerry
Time: 10/30
Bilious

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

kuropeco rolled 1 6-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-6)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:27 pm
More sand, more sand, more of something-I-don't-want-to recognize...

Despite the fact the sun was hot overhead and they were in the middle of a war zone, the work let Gale be distracted, pushing the two most prominent and painful thoughts from his head to focus on the task at hand.

User Image

[ DEATH DIVISION

Time Left: 5/30
Items Recovered Cell phone x2, FEAR scanner x1 ]

Bilious rolled 2 20-sided dice: 10, 12 Total: 22 (2-40)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 pm
Jerry groaned as Wash helped him to his feet. He... was not feeling so hot. Just... just hold on. "I... I think maybe... we should save the songs for later? Ahahaha..." He managed, but cut off with a squeak as he swung Roar up and over Wash's shoulder, blasting through a fresh barrage of the horrible insects while hopefully not giving the other man tinnitus.

"You have a wonderful baritone, though, really! I couldn't help myself!" He shouted over the ringing.

SUN
Blocked by Wash for 6 (12-6=6)
HP: 12/50
Taken down: 10
Total: 33
Time: 5/30  

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
kuropeco rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:31 pm
In the last few minutes of searching, Gale discovered yet another cell phone. This one's screen was cracked and it had sand stuck in the grooves, but he cleaned it off silently before sticking it with the others, quietly making his way back to Allan.

User Image

[ DEATH DIVISION

Time Left: 0/30
Items Recovered Cell phone x3, FEAR scanner x1 ]

Grifferie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm
I wonder what that was... Sherry kicked aside some bit of fabric that had been buried in the sand. It was a wonder the wind had not blown in away before now.

The minutes dragged on, and Sherry continued her search.

Life
Minutes Left:
Tablets Found: 1  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Ravvlet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm
Wash only flinched a little as Jerry fired loudly over his shoulder.

"Thanks man! You're pretty hot to trot yourself!" He shouted back. This time he cleared out a whole line of the critters as they swarmed the pair. Sally was humming the tune of the song in his head.

Yeah Sally, THAT'S my girl.

He was pretty sure he could feel her grin.

MOON
Blocking: 17, Jerry
Time: 5/30  
Eight rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:34 pm
She couldn't just let it end here. She had to find more. Something else. Could she find an entire first aid kit? Yes! She found one! Candace opened it to be ********. The only thing worth saving in here was a single roll of bandages.

Fine.

Time left: 0/30 minutes.
Supplies found so far: 2 Bandages, 1 Water Canteen

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Bilious rolled 2 20-sided dice: 2, 15 Total: 17 (2-40)

Bilious

Sparkly Wolf

11,200 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 pm
Jerry gave a guttural cry as he hefted Roar around, firing wildly. This tactic sometimes worked. Sometimes it didn't. When it came to shifting, scurrying, horrible swarms, it was... mostly miss rather than hit, but a few of the monstrous insects splattered to the sand around them.

He panted, staggering backward, "I... I should fall back.. I... I think I'm pretty winded," He managed, "S-see if there's anyone else you can cover for and I'll meet you back at the base?" He gave his friend a wide smile and a hearty pat to the back, but Roar was being dragged in the sand and it was clear the man was exhausted already.

SUN
Blocked by Wash for 17
HP: 12/50
Taken down: 2
Total: 35
Time: 0/30 (Time's up!)  
Grifferie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:35 pm
The wind was blowing, the sand was flying. You couldn't even tell when one gust ended and the next began. Because they didn't end. They just kept coming. Sherry still searched.

Some sand moved, and Sherry thought she saw something odd, but familiar. Bending down, she pulled another tablet from the sand. She placed it in her pocket, too, then checked the time. Only a few more minutes.

Sherry went back to searching.

Life
Minutes Left:
Tablets Found: 2  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

OnionGrump rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:39 pm
Ryan was already feeling the effects of the desert by the time they reached their destination. He was already, hot, tired, and feeling cranky. After all, being born in a colder climate, he had never been able to adjust to warm weather easily. Never mind the scorching sun of the desert.

What he'd give to crawl under a nice cool rock right about now now...

Once Allan had finished dividing them up into groups, Ryan moved closer towards the rest of the moon and sun hunters, keeping a watchful eye out for any movement.

:To your left!: Locke yelled into his mind, forcing his gaze into the direction of something lunging for one of the sun hunters and without thinking, moved to intercept.

"Look out!" He called to Tedan, striking back at the creature with the pointed claws of his weapon.

MOON DIVISION
Blocking: 8, Tedan
Time: 25/30

Manda

Grifferie rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 pm
Time was winding down. Sherry spent her last few minutes looking, but found no other tablets. Could that mean they didn't lose too many here? The thought made her hopeful. But it was clear that the sand could hide things, and that was little comfort.

Sherry made sure the two tablets she had found were safe, and then turned to look for their mission leader. It was time to head back.

Life
Minutes Left:
Tablets Found: 2  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Ravvlet rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

Ravvlet

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:41 pm
Jerry looked pretty much done, and Wash thought he spotted another hunter who might be in trouble, so he dashed over in a fit of speed, knocking things both seen and unseen away in his wake.

"Hey, man! Let me give ya a hand!"

MOON
Time left 0/30
Defending: 20, Jordan

Prolixity

{ Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items