Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [ Journals ]... // Player Forum
[J] Tien :: Trickery Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:28 pm
User Image
Not Serious Business - Part II
Now serious business...
Joint Roleplay 34

mistalina13
For her the transformation seemed to take hours, when in reality it took only a few minutes. The flesh on her back bubbled slightly; then a somewhat sickening pop and ripping of fabric followed as small pixie wings emerged. She clutched at the pillows and whined, vaguely aware of the pain but still sleeping for the moment. Streaks of deep orange ran through Morgan's familiar dark brown hair until it had changed totally. Her ears grew, shifting to acquire elvish points and few almost sickening bone shifting noises would reach the Dragon's ears as the rest of her body was forced to mature.

Tien stirred finally, once it had been silent for a few moments. She sat up and looked down at her hands, flexing her fingers and moving to make sure it wasn't a dream. She was here and her host was gone, mostly. The sound of crying drew her from her thoughts and her gaze flicked to the source at the side of the room. "Tian Yue..." Her voice was soft and gentle.

Sosiqui
Tian Yue had started from his chair when the change began, almost involuntarily - but he made himself sit down again. There was nothing further he could do that would make the morph of mortal to godling any easier. Instead, he tried not to look. It seemed a private, sacred sort of thing; even hearing the soft pops and cracks made him feel like an eavesdropper, even as he cringed. That couldn't be comfortable. His tail lashed, once, remembering how it had hurt when he himself became Tian Yue.

There was a sound behind him, and he turned to see Toki standing in the doorway, his hands clapped over his mouth. "My Lord..."

"Tien is coming," Tian Yue said, quietly, and tried to stuff the sobs away; he didn't entirely succeed. "Please bring an ewer of water-" he snuck a glance at the figure on the bed and winced. Wings - ouch. "And a soft cloth. Then go. Seek out Asherah and tell her that her mistress has been reborn in truth, if you can find her."

"Yes, my Lord." Toki whispered, then darted into the bathroom. A moment later there was a bowl of water and a towel on the nightstand; another moment and the Aoide was gone. Tian Yue took a deep breath, then let it out. Treacherously, a few last sobs came with it.

"Tian Yue..."

He jumped, then got up, slowly. The voice was not Morgan's. Not anymore. "Tien. How do you feel?" He tried again to shove away the twist in his stomach. The newly reborn godling did not deserve to have her rebirth marred by his pain. I know what it is to have someone see your face and wish you were someone else...

Only too well. No, he would not wish that on Tien. She had been kind; she had done everything she could for Morgan. He walked over to the side of the bed and dipped the towel gently in the water. "I have sent Toki for Asherah."

mistalina13
"He might have a time finding her...she has errands to attend to." Tien layed back against the pillows, wincing at the sensitivity of her wings. "Odd...but more alive." She looked over at the Dragon, offering a sad smile. "I thank you, for your kindness." Out of instinct she reached out to touch his hand. "I can give you a chance to talk to her...if you wish..." To say goodbye. It was all she was could offer, in hopes of soothing his sadness.

Sosiqui
"Here - for your wings." Tian Yue held out the damp cloth to her, then paused. "I could... could talk to her again? Just for a moment?" His voice was quiet, trembling. "I do not begrudge your rebirth in the least, but a chance to say goodbye... if you would allow it, it would be a great gift." His heart was beating hard.

He could say goodbye.

She had gone through this, too. He knew he was not the same as the young man she had fallen in love with. She had been strong - yet he had not been able to offer that gift to her.

"Please," he said, barely audible.

mistalina13
Tien reached back and brushed the damp cloth against her wings gently, down onto her back to where her wings sprouted. "Very well." She smiled softly and let her head lull back, eyes closing.

"Love...?" Morgan shifted awkwardly, surprised she still had any control of her former body. She reached out, brushing her hand against his cheek. "Are you...going to be okay?"

Sosiqui
"Morgan..." Tian Yue held one hand out; trailed his fingers gently down the curve of her - Tien's - cheek. "Don't worry about me... I will..." He had to stop for a moment. "I will be fine, love. In time. I knew this would happen... I knew..."

One way or another, she would have been lost; if not this way, to a deity, then to simple mortality as the immortal Dragon King outlived his human lover. He swatted away the distant whispers in his mind that spoke of years stolen away by Tien; they were wrong. He would not travel down that path. And perhaps... perhaps this was better. In a way.

If it had to be.

"I will miss you terribly," Tian Yue whispered, "but you - you and Tien - you are a beautiful goddess..."

mistalina13
"I love you and I will always be with you....here." Morgan put a hand over his heart and blushed faintly at the compliment. "I don't regret the day I fell into this world, because it brought me to you and I don't regret a thing since then." She leaned a little further and pressed her lips to his, one last time.

Sosiqui
"I love you too... always..." Tian Yue whispered, then stilled as her lips touched his. He shifted and gathered her into his arms, holding her tightly as they kissed - hard. Desperate.

Last.

Goodbye, love...

mistalina13
She hugged him back tightly for a moment, then her embrace weakened and her head lulled against his shoulder for a moment.

"I'm sorry, Tian Yue." Tien whispered and drew away from him, fresh tears in her eyes. "I'm so sorry." She covered her face with her hands, trying to keep more tears from coming. What's done was done and couldn't be changed.

Sosiqui
Tian Yue stilled as he felt the shift, then gently let Tien fall back to rest against the pillows, fighting to keep his own tears in.

So. That was it.

In one sense, it was almost a relief - the thing he'd been dreading, that had been lurking on the edges of his thoughts for months - had happened. It was over. In another...

Of course it hurts. It's supposed to.

"Tien - no. No. Don't apologize... if it hadn't been for your call, I probably would have never met her in the first place! And for that, I have to thank you. I really, really do - a little time is far better than never knowing-" He smiled at her, then cursed inwardly as a treacherous tear snaked its way down his cheek again. "It's not your fault for doing precisely what every other reborn deity has done... it's not. Your life has begun again, now - go and live it! Flourish! Do... whatever it is that you do... I don't really know. But don't waste what she gave for you!" He was crying entirely now, talking through the haze of tears, but meaning every word of it. A strange blend of encouragement and tragedy.

mistalina13
Tien scooted on the bed toward him and reached out to brush the tears from his cheeks. "I will take nothing for granted, you can be sure of that...and I will always be there for you, should you need anything." She smiled weakly and ran her fingers through his hair. You're such a gentle soul, I can understand why she loves you.

"Though, could I ask you for one small favor?"

Sosiqui
"Thank you." He reached for the towel Toki had brought and used it to wipe at his face as well. "I'm sorry for the display - it is... difficult, but I knew it would be." Maybe later he would cry some more. Probably. But not now. He was a Dragon King; it was time to be one, and be... human... later.

"What would that be?" He gave her a curious look. "If it's about the room, you can stay until Lord Harmodius grants you your own chambers or you find lodging elsewhere... oh, and you should take Paint with you, the little Akuti..." Practical matters! They were so... soothing, such a nice distraction from the ache in his stomach; maybe that was another reason why Shaiming had been so prone to tangle himself up in them, especially... later on.

mistalina13
Tien nodded. "Oh...I need your help cutting this...my..hair." She had a hard time saying 'my', it was odd after so long with no body. The Trickster offered a small sheepish smile. "Thank you, Tian Yue."

Sosiqui
"Your hair? Oh... yes, of course." Part of him wondered why him, why not wait for Asherah - but she had asked him, specifically. "Scissors, er... I believe there are some in the desk..." He stood up and walked out of the room for a moment. The sound of drawers opening and objects being shuffled came from the outer chamber for a moment before the Dragon King returned, a pair of scissors in one hand. "I'm afraid they're not proper... styling... haircut... uh.... scissors." What did he know about beauty salons? Nothing.

mistalina13
As the Trickster waited she twined her hair into a braid, to make it easier for the Dragon to cut. "That's alright." Her hair was braided loosely and she held the top so Tian Yue would have an easier job of cutting it. She smiled softly at him as he returned with the scissors. "Right above my fingers seems a good spot."

Sosiqui
"Okay." Tian Yue lifted the braid in his free hand, and for a moment was struck by the scent of it - still Morgan, still. Just for now. He carefully moved the scissors past Tien's own fingers, then cut.

Snick.

"There you are," he said, quietly. It helped, somehow. Made her look less like Morgan, but some of the now loose hair came away in his hand, and he held it uncertain of what to do.

mistalina13
Once the braid was cut it faded back to a rich brown, the color of Morgan's hair. She sighed, this must be more salt in the wound for the Dragon; to have her scent linger and no longer be attached to her. "Thank you." Her gaze darted away and she fiddled with the ends of her now short hair.

Sosiqui
"Of course," Tian Yue said, then looked down at the hair in his hand. "Er... would you mind if I... kept a lock of this? As a memento...?"

mistalina13
"I thought you might want to, it does not bother me. Her books and dice are yours as well, you would make better use of them than I could. Though, I would not mind playing from time to time." Tien offered a weak, if sympathetic smile.

I wish I could say time would heal this, but he seems as much a human still as he is a god...humans take longer to heal.

Sosiqui
"Oh... thank you," Tian Yue said, offering her a quiet smile. He wasn't really prepared to think about that, to divvy things up, but... it was something else that needed doing, wasn't it? "I'll have Toki come and pick up anything you'd like him to. Later, when he comes back..." He made a face. "You said Asherah was far away? He may not come back for a while."

He paused, then. "Is there anything else you need? Will you be staying here long, or do you have another home in mind?"

mistalina13
"I don't think she would've gone too far, but she is quick and well practiced at disappearing." Tien bit her lip. She hadn't exactly thought of a place to stay, had she? "I admit, I did not plan this far ahead. I can go and easily find a place, I do not wish to be an inconvenience."

Sosiqui
"Oh, no, it's not inconvenient at all - you can stay as long as you like." I'll just need to remind myself that it's not Morgan there anymore, and that delivered another little twist to his stomach, but he made himself ignore it. "So long as you don't set traps in the hallways," he added, his face taking on a momentary impish expression.

mistalina13
Tien couldn't help but laugh at that. "Only in my own abode would I do such a thing." Though she was tempted to play a few tricks on Toki before she left the Dragon's quarters. "It's settled then, I'll stay here for a time but venture out and see what I can to find my own lodging."

Sosiqui
"Hmm, remind me to be careful if I ever visit you in your own dwelling, then." Tian Yue stood up, then picked up the damp towel. "Is there anything else you need for right now? I can help you back to Mor- to your room if you feel strong enough."

mistalina13
"I teach friends the way to pass safely." Tien hesitated a little on the word 'friends'; it felt wrong applying it to him. "Yes, that would be nice. That way I'm not depriving you of your room." She sat up and slid carefully to the edge of the bed.

Sosiqui
Tian Yue offered his hand.

Supported, guided, all the way back.

Smiled. Said goodbye.

He was so tired abruptly; wished he hadn't sent Toki off. Who knew how long it would take the Aoide to return.

The bed smelled of Morgan, overlaid with the somehow-spicy scent of the goddess. He hesitated by the edge, then turned away and went to curl himself on the couch, which smelled, blessedly, of nothing at all.

That would do. For now.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:29 pm
User Image
I Have Such News for You
Asherah & Angmar
Joint Roleplay 35

mistalina13
Asherah departed the pantheon straight away when she left the Worldshield's quarters, not long after that Toki had caught up with her to give her the news. She thanked him and sent him back and continued on her search for Poltros. She had delivered the gift as he had requested of her. The feline aoide was still unsure about the him, he had been important to her Mistress in the past but was he still who he had been back then? She wrang her hands. Perhaps I should start by looking for the carnival folk?

Her tail twitched from side to side as she walked. It seemed safe to assume that the carnival folk traveled, but hopefully they had not gone far. From time to time she paused, listening for music or any sign of a large group of people.

Thabara
Her sharp hearing did not fail her, for after a while she was able to pick up the deep, bassy hum of a cello, accompanied by the lighter harmonies of a violin. It wasn't long until the melancholic tune led her to a house which had once been colorfully painted in wild, glaring colors at some time. Given the general state of the world and the heavy influx of Destruction's power it might have been yesterday, but the paint was already peeling off heavily. When she passed by the alley next to it she could catch a glimpse at the already familiar caravan's parked there.

A small group seemed to practice a performance in front of the house.. or perhaps they were performing, as they seemed fully costumed, for their own pleasure and that of any random passerby's.

A cellist and a violinist bearing suits of violet and green velvet, a juggler with a colorfully checkered bodysuit, and a petite dancer with hair of golden ringlets a bright yellow dress with countless ruffles and ribbons. All four of them wore delicate and skillfully crafted half-masks, and their faces underneath were painted white.

The dancer's moves were jerky and mechanical, as if she was a wind-up doll, or a puppet hanging from strings. When she caught a glimpse of Ashera she merely bowed, her arm angling to point at the door which was standing wide open, before she continued her dance.

mistalina13
Asherah was grateful when she finally found the caravan again, having walked for a good hour or two already. Though, part of her swore she had already passed this way looking for them and found nothing; her eyes must have been deceiving her. She paused not far off, making no attempts to hide herself this time as she had before.

The eerily soothing music caught up with her and for a moment she was entranced, her gaze resting on the little dancing girl. Only when the girl spotted her and pointed toward the door did she realize she had been staring. "Thank you." The feline aoide nodded and mouthed the words as passed the girl on her way to the door, tail still swaying in time with the music.

Thabara
The dancer nodded and there seemed to be the hint of a smile on her lips before she turned for yet another pirouette, and another, and another. As if she was a ballerina in one of those vintage music boxes, the feathers in her hair bopping up and down playfully as she moved. The eyes behind her mask however seemed strangely empty.

The inside of the house too was colorful, decorated with chimes and mirrors and little trinkets, but just like on the outside, the overall decay was evident. The building had clearly seen better days. Confetti showered down on her from above, tiny pieces of holographic flitter. "If you look for the hoodoo man, the heartless," a child's voice chirped, "you must go all the way up to the attic." There was the sound of quick tiny steps running off, and a door clicking shut, and then the kid seemed gone.

(( That is the tune they are playing btw. X3 ))

mistalina13
Asherah smiled at the dancing girl before slipping beyond the doorway. The music from outside still reached her ears, threatening again to net her senses. The inside of the seemed whimsical, but sad, just like the outside. Destruction's influence overtook everything in it's path, like a tidal wave, leaving the mortals to try to swim or drown. She paused again under the shower of holographic filter to look for any signs of life but she found none until the little voice chimed in from above.

"Thank-" Feline ears drooped slightly as tiny footsteps ran away. "Never mind." She headed up the stairs as the child suggested, keeping careful watch as she went.

Thabara
"Ahhh, so you managed to track me down.."

That voice wasn't his, or was it?

A young man glanced down at her from the top of the stairs, his broad grin revealing teeth white as pearl, his angular, yet handsome face framed by long, dark-brown locks. Was that really him? On second look, there was an unhealthy paleness to his tanned skin, and in the end it was his eyes which revealed the answer, those deep, bottomless dark pits.

mistalina13
"Ang....mar?" Asherah's ears perked, the voice didn't seem quite right. She looked toward the man at the top of the stairs, who was much younger and surprisingly handsomer than had expected given his previous state. The feline's eyes widened and she blushed momentarily, very thankful for the moment she was covered in fur.

One look into those eyes confirmed it for her. It was him. "Ye-Yes, yes I did. Took a while though." She sniffed. "I delivered what you asked...and I have news for you."

Thabara
"Surprised?" Angmar's grin widened, almost impossibly so, and he flourished an elegant bow. "Positively so I hope. I took much, much care this time around to find a body which would not offend your mistress."

"What kind of news?" He peered up from his lowered position, his dark eyes hungry.

mistalina13
Asherah rolled her eyes. Maybe she had been wrong in the past about him, but who knew who or what he was now. "Indeed, in time she may come to appreciate the effort." She mewed softly. "My Mistress has been reborn in truth, the Worldshield's aoide brought word to me after I set off to find you. So I have yet to lay eyes on her myself."

Thabara
"Then what, pray tell little kitten," the man asked, rising once more, "are you doing here? Am I more important to you than her? Shouldn't you be rushing to her side this very instant? Shouldn't you have done that as soon as you heard about her rebirth?" His voice was low, dangerously so. He seemed to tease her, but - she might be mistaken - there seemed to be some true anger within as well. "If she knew of this she might doubt your loyalty, aoide."

If she knew you're partaking in my games she certainly would. Even in this new life it seemed there was no one the trickster could wholly trust, not even her own aoidei.

He leaned against the wooden handrail casually. "But I appreciate your coming. Those are great news indeed."

mistalina13
Asherah's ears flattened slightly and her lipped curled slightly as if she intended to hiss at him. "No one is more important to me than my Mistress." Her snarl relaxed, but her ears remained lowered and her gaze narrowed.

"But her rebirth is her private affair, I will be there to attend her when she awakens." Her tail flicked from side to side. "Besides, there were loose ends to tie up with the Worldshield, she wanted to give the girl a chance to say goodbye." She had nothing against Morgan, but had not let herself grow attached to the girl seeing as she would be (and now probably was) gone.

Thabara
"Ah, such drama." Again, he grinned. "What wouldn't I give to watch."

mistalina13
"On that note, I should return to her. Do you wish me to pass her another hint?" Asherah shifted her weight from foot to foot and her fingers tapped idly on the handrail. She will likely come to seek him out in time...but will she like what she finds?

Thabara
"No.. Not yet." He raised once more, one hand resting lightly on the wooden banister. Perhaps he should simply come visit her. But the Pantheon.. He was wary of it. If that Beast was present even the magic which kept his consciousness bound to this body might get unraveled.

"I will find you, if I have need of you. Just as you will find me, if you have to. It is rare to find acceptance and tolerance being what I am, so I guess I'll never be far from them." He spread out his arms, including this house and its curious and unusual inhabitants at once. There was little he could do to protect them, as his powers just weren't made for such means, so he had no idea how much longer they would be able to endure. The thought filled him with melancholy, quite unusual for him.

mistalina13
"Very well." Asherah nodded. "You know where to find me, if you have need to." She offered him a polite bow and turned to retreat down the stairs.

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:30 pm
User Image
The Heart in a Puzzlebox
or 'The Whole Truth'
Solo Roleplay 27

Tien lay on the bed in her former host's room on the edge of sleep, fingertips stroking the heart pendant she wore. It was eerily quiet, having thoughts to herself after having grown accustomed to sharing them. The goddess shivered, a flash of guilt catching her as she thought of the girl. She had lied to Morgan, about not seeing the pendant before the morning on the pillow. Had she told the truth she would have had no explanation to offer, not that it mattered so much now, but it still bothered her.

The Trickster woke to the sound of footsteps retreating from her host’s room, silently cursing herself for taking on her host’s heavy sleeping habits. The girl’s consciousness was still settled into a blissful uninterrupted sleep. Perhaps it was time to test the limits of her influence, since she would not be interrupted?

She relaxed and gently pushed her host’s consciousness further into the background. A tingling sensation came over her as she fell into the place of control. It was odd being in the forefront like this, while Morgan still slept there. The Trickster stretched and tested various small movements and joints before shifting on the bed. Eyes closed for a moment against a wave of dizziness, hand coming to rest on the mattress to steady herself.

Tien paused, eyes opening, when her hand didn't find the mattress; something was there, on the bed beside her. She reached down and lifted the item up, mumbling something about her host’s limited vision before reaching over to pluck Morgan’s glasses off the nightstand and sliding them on.

A puzzlebox?

It was a little elegant thing, made of darkwood with a knotwork puzzle on the lid. Her fingers ran over the tiles. This was a challenging gift…but from whom? Maybe it was for Morgan?

No, no, it was for her. It just seemed right for it to be hers.

She began sliding the small tiles around, attempting to puzzle out the pattern on the lid to get it open. Perhaps what was inside would give a clue to the sender…

It had taken a couple of hours for her to get the whole pattern worked out; she was certain it would've taken less time had it been easier to maneuver her fingers at the time. Once the lid was off she had discovered the pendant nestled on a small bit of silk inside. The Trickster had taken the pendant out and put the box away out of sight. No doubt the box was still hidden here in the room, since Morgan had never come across it. Tien had been able to study the pendant little a little while before her host began to stir and she had retreated to avoid alerting her.

I must’ve fallen asleep with it in my hand…how careless.

She unconsciously fingered the pendant again. It must have been meant to remind her of something…though what exactly she was not sure of yet. Perhaps it was time to finish what her host started and recover what was missing.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:31 pm
User Image
Asherah's Role
The cat came back.
Solo Roleplay 28

Tien woke to the Dragon's roar, now growing faint in the distance, hands clutching the sheets like a lifeline. Unconsciously she reached out in her thoughts to where her host's consciousness should've been, sighing when she found nothing but empty space. Had it been unkind to shatter what remained of the girl, even if she simply had taken the pieces into herself? She flipped over, burying her face into the pillow trying to ignore the guilt that started gnawing at her. That certainly was a new feeling, left over from her fusion with her host no doubt. Hopefully she would grow out of it as time passed, before it ate her alive.

A sudden short knock on the door brought her out from her depressing thoughts, small wings fluttering in mild agitation. Who would be disturbing her now? Surely the Rabbit was occupied elsewhere.

"Come."

The door opened to reveal Asherah who stepped in and dropped into a low bow, and met the goddess' gaze if a bit hesitantly. "Mistress..."

"Rise, Asherah, how many times have I said I do not require formality." A her mouth twitched into a little smile.

"Just this once, in this life." The feline aoide stood, smiling in return and gave the door a gentle kick closed. "I apologize, for my delay in returning to attend you."

"I have been asleep, besides, even newly reborn I am no whelp." Tien shifted on the bed and tossed aside the sheets, only now taking notice to her near lack of clothing. The goddess still wore the wrecked top and jeans her host had been wearing when they had merged. No doubt she looked like a mess, but since it had waited this long it could wait a while longer. There was something more important that needed to be dealt with first. This hadn't been something she could deal with before, when the body was still Morgan's. She sat up and patted the bed beside her. "Come here, Asherah."

Asherah didn't have to be asked twice. She settled next to her mistress, eyeing her curiously.

"Would you still be mine, even after all this time?" Tien reached out and cupped her aoide's cheek. She did not think that Asherah would wish to leave her; had she wished to be in someone else's service she would never have reappeared in the first place. But the offer had to be made, it was only fair.

The catgirl leaned into her touch, instead of hesitating like she had so long ago. "Always, do you think I would really wish to serve anyone else?"

Trickery shook her head, mischievous smile crossing her lips. "After being mine, some might find your manner somewhat objectionable." She laughed when the catgirl attempted to look affronted. "Should we seal our bargain anew, since I fear the last may have ended with my fading?"

Asherah froze momentarily, eyes going a little wide at the suggestion. "As you wish, if it pleases you." She managed to keep her voice neutral, but she flushed somewhat beneath her fur when Tien leaned in and kissed her. It felt like she was an unnamed kitten again! At least this kiss was less clumsy than their first and last had been, when she was named.

I rename you, Asherah. My trusted companion in all things, until the end takes us all. The kiss lingered a moment or two as the bond between the two was renewed, before Tien pulled away, smiling. "I'm glad you still wish to stay by my side. Who else would help me with all this mischief?" Her hand slid away from the catgirl's cheek and down her arm, squeezing her hand. "I loathe to ask things of you so soon...but..."

Asherah cut her off. "Ask anything and if it can be done, it will be."

"Clothes...and fresh bed linens, if you can find any. But do not trouble the Worldshield or his aoide unduly if it can be helped." Tien layed back on the bed and looked over at Asherah again. "Despite the Dragon King's politeness, I fear I caused more damage than I first thought."

"He knew there was naught could be done about it, I'm sure." Asherah pushed off the bed and stood. "As much as it seems to belittle his loss, it is my gain. I am glad to see you again in truth. Perhaps he will come around in time..." She moved from the goddess' view and returned holding bundled cloth in her arms. "I did manage to find clothes that should be suitable for you while you slept, I hope they fit."

"I hope he does, if the wounds aren't too deep." Tien lifted a garment to examine it and decided to change the subject. "What happened to you, when I faded?"

Asherah mewed softly, ears drooping a little. "I was worried, I had not seen you in some time. Last I knew you had gone to see that man." She made a face, grateful her mistress was otherwise occupied. For all the man seemed to make Tien happy, Asherah had not trusted him. "In the end the Eldest came to us who remained and taught us a way to save ourselves, so we would be here when our masters and mistresses were returned to us."

"For my part, I'm sorry you had to endure alone the time you did." Tien sat up again, working on stripping out of the ruined garments, tossing them into a pile on the floor one by one. "But I am here now and shall not leave anytime soon again, if I have my way. There are things to be done, once I've rested a bit longer."

Trickery pulled on the pants, they were snug in all the right places and comfortable. Next came the tunic, it felt like silk but she wasn't sure. Where had Asherah found that? It was no matter really, when things came down to it. She slid it over her arms and head, tugging it down neatly into place. "These will do for now, though perhaps I should've taken a bath first."

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:33 pm
User Image
How fares your Dragon, Rabbit?
Dragons can apparently make quite the mess.
Joint Roleplay 36

mistalina13
Tien ventured out of her room for the first time in days once the Dragon was gone again. Despite the things he had said on the night she had taken his lover away, the Trickster was still not willing to face him. None the less, she wondered how the Dragon faired since his lover's passing.

She fiddled idly with the heart pendant around her neck as she made her way down the aoide hallway and stopping at the door to the Tian Yue's sitting room. Tien pressed an ear to the door, listening for movement or any noise at all on the other side. The sound of hurried steps reached her through the wooden door and she grinned.

Toki. Perfect!

Sosiqui
Toki loved his Lord. Really, he did. With all his heart, soul, and mind...

... except for the bit right now that was screaming, inwardly, about the utter ruin Tian Yue and Zhijian had made of the beautiful chambers!

The Aoide's jaw worked as he took morose inventory of the damage. One chair had a very bad crack in the backrest, and one of the couch's legs had been snapped off at the base... most of of the other chairs had surface damage, and the coffee table had been smashed to bits. To say nothing of the loops in the carpet that had been teased into long runs by heedless claws! And the curtain-

Toki sighed, aggrieved.

He did love his Lord. Really.

mistalina13
Tien turned the door handle, pushing the door open far enough to step in and froze. The room was a disaster. Like the compound after a festival dinner... She shook her head. "Wow....what made this much of a mess, Toki?" The Trickster pushed the door shut behind her and hoped she had not managed to frighten the aoide who already seemed to be quite frazzled at the moment.

Sosiqui
Ah-" Toki turned, blinked, then realized who was addressing him. "... ah! Lady Trickster!" He nearly tripped over the remains of the coffee table in his haste to kneel at her feet. "Oh, please forgive the terrible mess... my Lord Tien Lung and the Lord Fangbridle, ah..." He squirmed. "The play of Dragon Kings is really quite hard on such mortal-styled chambers, my Lady," he said, finally.

mistalina13
Tien held back a laugh, choosing to simply smile instead, worried that Toki would think she was laughing at him. "Toki, I do not ask formality of my own aoide and I do not expect it of others."

It might be a futile argument with this one as he had proved a little stubborn about formality in the past; the Trickster had learned as much from Morgan's (now her) memories.She stepped closer and reached out a hand, offering to help him up so he didn't trip over the near destroyed furniture again. "It is good to hear that he is well at least."

Sosiqui
Oh, Lady Morgan was the same way..." Toki fretted, clearly ill at ease to be at ease, and he wrung his hands. Finally, he tentatively reached up and took Tien's hand, but he stood up swiftly and was most careful to not actually let any of his weight burden the goddess so, releasing her as soon as possible. "I, er... yes? Oh, but my Lord is out at the moment..."

mistalina13
"I thought as much, since it had gotten quiet. Did you need any help with all of this, Asherah will be back soon but I could help in the meantime?" Tien glanced around at the room again. This was quite the mess and she didn't want to have Toki cleaning it up alone.

Sosiqui
Toki's eyes widened in vague horror, and he flailed at her at once, a flurry of gestures of negation. "Oh, no! No, Lady, such a task is not yours, surely. I can manage this task, I assure you it is not the first time I have cleaned up after dragons..."

mistalina13
Tien couldn't hold back the giggles any longer. "Alright, alright if you insist. Though, I will ask Asherah to help you when she returns." She shook her head. "If I may though, can I bother you with a question before I make myself scarce again?"

Sosiqui
Toki bowed, relieved. "Of course, Lady. What answer would you have from me?"

mistalina13
"Is it all right with him, that I am still here?" Tien fiddled with her pendant again as she spoke, an idle habit leftover from Morgan. Part of her wanted ask if he was doing well, but she crushed the thought. He had truly become the Worldshield again, she had felt flickers of his power in the air during his experiments as of late.

Sosiqui
I... I suppose it is?" Toki looked confused. "My Lord has been bending his mind to the tasks of the Worldshield as of late. He... he has not mentioned it to me, but I am sure if, um... no, I'm sure he doesn't mind."

mistalina13
"Alright, I will do what I can to find another place to stay, so that I do not have to encroach on his home for much longer." Tien smiled and glanced back toward the hallway, hearing the outer door beyond it open. "That will be Asherah, I thank you, for your assistance, Toki. You will always be a dear friend to me, as you were to Morgan. Never forget that."

Sosiqui
Toki blushed crimson and bowed again. "Er, thank you, Lady Trickster... it is an honor..."

mistalina13
"You are most welcome, Toki." Tien's smile brightened and her wings fluttered lightly as she turned and headed back through the door to Morgan's old room.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:34 pm
User Image
Tricks of the Trade
Trickery, Plague and Destruction.
Joint Roleplay 37

Completed Roleplay

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:35 pm
User Image
Trickery & Numbers
And a little redheaded boy.
Joint Roleplay 38

midnight_medea
The ashen banks of a rather murkey river might have seemed like a strange place to have a picnic. Not to one young woman and her small charge.

Lien had offered to look after Caleb for the morning and thought that the river bank was a perfectly fun place to spend a few hours colouring and playing games. The todler babbled away to himself as he scribbled on the faded old paper with his set of crayons that had seen better days.

Lien watched the red headed boy as she coloured a picture of her own, though her mind was elsewhere. Troubled by what was to come. Still, though she knew her time was almost up she was determined to spend it doing things she enjoyed and with the people she had come to love.

mistalina13
User Image This was Trickery's first time venturing away from the Pantheon since her rebirth, the last time she had been out was when her host had attempted to help her find some missing pieces. Tien felt a little more at ease with herself now she had a chance to speak with one of her brothers face to face. She hummed softly as she walked away from a section of ruined town toward the riverbank.

The water was tainted and murky but it still offered the gentle noise that calmed her down and helped her think. She scanned the riverbank looking for a good place to settle down for a break and she paused upon spotting the two their coloring.

The boy seemed to be nothing extraordinary, but there was something about the older girl...

midnight_medea
"Cat." Caleb grinned, pointing to the piece of paper he was using and a huge purple scribble in the middle.
Lien laughedand reached for another purple crayon.
"He needs ears." She smiled, draweing two triangles on the scribble and a long line for a tail. Caleb nodded and put the end of his crayon in his mouth as he watched her.

Sensing someone nearby Lien looked up and blinked. There was a woman stood not far away with hair as red as Caleb's.

"Hey." She said with a smile. Hoping that she was not hostile.

mistalina13
User Image It took Tien a moment to register that the girl spoke to her. "Hello." Well, who else would she be speaking to...given how barren this place seems. She smiled in return and headed toward the two on the bank. "What brings you out this day....?" Trickery hoped the girl would offer her name before she offered her own.

midnight_medea
Lien smiled as the woman responded and shifted to sit up, and cross her legs.
"I know it's not the most beautiful place, but I can pretend i see clear water and green grass." She smirked a little and looked down to Caleb as he coloured away.

She's one of us.

The voice echoed inside her head and Lien looked the woman over again.

A goddess.

"My name is Lien." She said with a smile. "What brings you here?"

midnight_medea
"Someone else has mentioned your name to me." Lien sadi as she tried to remember who. Everything seemed a little blurry since she had arrived in this land.

"It was The dragon lord. Tien Lung. He was looking for you." Cosine said as she watched the red haired goddess. "Or your host when she walked this land."

Lien raised an eyebrow.
"Yes, that's right. I met him when I arrived here. Um, I hope he found you, or you found him."

mistalina13
User Image "My host was lover to the Worldshield's host and the Worldshield himself for a time." Tien nodded. "We found each other, he was worried when my host had taken it upon herself to wander to try and help me recover what I had lost and was gone for a while..."

midnight_medea
Caleb was growing bored. He had already drawn and coloured his cat and the adults were just talking and being boring. He grinned to himself and scribbled some more on the paper. Maybe he would play a game, then they would play too. Hide and seek. That was fun.

As they chatted away he pushed himself to his feet and started to toddle off towards some bushes.

Lien, unknowing, smiled at Tien. "Good I am glad you found each other." She softly. It must be strange to break such bonds. She thought. "Areyou enjoying your re-birth?"

mistalina13
User Image
"I am. Though I still find it odd not to hear Morgan's voice anymore, but it is for the best." For several people actually. Tien smiled again and her gaze turned to where the child was, or rather would have been, on the ground. "Oh my...where did the little one go?"

midnight_medea
"What?" Cosine asked, glancing down to the abandoned picture of multi-coloured scribble. "Crap." She muttered, standing up and glancing around. How far can a two year old have gotten.
"Cay!" She called, continuing to glance around for movement. "Ugh, can you help me find him. His name's Caleb."

Caleb sat in a small thicket of bushes and grinned as he watched them start to look for him. What a great game.

mistalina13
User Image Tien stood, looking around for places a small child might hide. Unfortunately for them there seemed to be quite a few though some seemed more likely than others. "Caleb!"

She called to the small boy, pausing to listen for anything that stirred after she called for him.

midnight_medea
"Caleb!" Lien cried as she searched a little further into the charred remains of foliage around them. Some sturdy wild bushes still grew so close to the river making things a litte more difficult.

"Cay, where are you? Your mother will murder me." She said as she hunted behind some of the bushes.

Close to Tien Caleb let out a small giggle. It was funny watching them search for him when he was right beside them.

mistalina13
User Image Tien heard a giggle and her gaze narrowed. The little one was nearby, that certainly eliminated a lot of the hiding places she had thought of. She looked around and then knelled to peer into the bushes.

Her lips curled into a smile when she spotted the small boy and she put a finger to her lips. The little boy was clearly enjoying this game, so why let it end so soon?

midnight_medea
Caleb looked up at the woman with hair the same colour as his and grinned. she placed her finger to her lips and he copied by covering his mouth with his small hands, kicking his feet happily on the ground.

"Cay! I'm serious. You Mam's going to be angry." Lien shouted as she wandered off in the opposite direction. Angry was an understatement. She would be devastated. There was no way she could return without him.

mistalina13
User Image Tien stood and turned away from the small boy, her gaze moving to Lien who seemed to be in a panic. "Nothing yet." She walked toward the other female, eyes full of false worry and a hint of fear.

"Caleb!" Trickery spun around, looking toward the bushes and other places a small boy might get into pretending to look for signs of movement. She would give Lien some more time to try and find the boy before she said anything.

midnight_medea
Lien was beside herself, both angry and upset. If anything happened ...

She paused in her search and took a deep breath to try and calm herself.
"Oh god. His mother, she's already had two children die. If anything happened to him I don't know how I would tell her."

Inside Cosine stirred a little.
"Law of averages, time and the speed something so small could move through this forest says he cannot be far."

mistalina13
User Image Too easily panicked. Tien sighed. "Come on out Caleb, before you make Lien's hair fall out from worry." She giggled. It was supposed to be a game, but some times adults take things far too seriously. The little boy had simply wanted to play.

Her gaze dropped to the bushes where she had found the little boy before, not knowing if he had moved since she saw him last.

midnight_medea
Lien looked back at Tien's words and smiled a little. Maybe playing along was a better road to take. She followed the goddess's eyes to the bushes and blinked as she saw a little patch of red shift at the mention of his name.

Her heard stopped pounding and she made her way over to the bushes.
"Cay, are you in there?"

Caleb grinned as he had been found and clambered to his feet.
"Boo!" He cried, jumping out of his hiding place.

mistalina13
User Image
Tien smiled softly. There we go. He got to have a little fun and the crisis for Lien is averted.

"There you are Caleb, all safe and sound." Her wings fluttered and she waved at the little boy as he emerged from the bush. I hope you had a fun, little one.

midnight_medea
Caleb giggled and waved back at the goddess. That had been a lot of fun. he thought as Lien swung him up onto her hip.

"Thank you Tien." Lien smiled, tickling his side and watching him laugh. "You little monster, don't you ever do that again."

mistalina13
User Image Tien nodded and giggled softly. "No problem, children don't realize playing can get them into trouble sometimes."

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:37 pm
User Image
The Wanderer
Warning in advance for bad poetry.
Solo Roleplay 29

Poltros
"But he fails, Tien, he fails. The silver city of Tanagra, the continent Pereth D'ain, the underground cities of Laer.. He couldn't protect them."

The visit with Destruction and Plague had finally given her some perspective in this new life and it was time to find out some things for herself. She and Morgan had planned to make a trip to the great library for quite some time but had been distracted by other things in the meantime. It was about time she got on with her own life, just as Tian Yue was getting on with his. So after heading back into the Pantheon, Trickery had made her way up to the giant hall of books which in the past she would've likely avoided.

Laer...Tanagra....

Cities of great power and knowledge destroyed just as Angmar had said. The great cavernous city of Laer was flooded, centuries worth of writings lost when the seals holding the great rivers broke. Tanagra, a city of nobles which ended in death, much like Hamlet. 'Daes Dae'mar gone overboard.' as Morgan would've put it. The citizens ending themselves with lies and assasination. Trickery smirked, The Great Game indeed. Too bad I cannot take credit for that one. She scanned the pages of the book that rested in her lap. The third name he had mentioned seemed to elude her. Pereth D'ain. Pereth D'ain. She thumbed through a few more pages before slamming the book shut, wincing when it echoed through the library.

I fear Knowledge's wrath, if he heard that.

The pixie-esque goddess slid the book off her lap and onto the pile beside her before picking up another one. It would be an odd sight, were anyone to walk into the library. They would see Trickery sitting crosslegged atop one of the large wooden tables that dotted the great library with a pile of books on each side and a thoughtful look on her face.

She opened the book, thumbing through the pages and briefly scanning each as she went along until a word caught her attention. Pereth D'ain. There it was finally!

"Took long enough." Tien snorted. There had been nothing in the other books, or in almost all the atlases about where this place was. She had begun to wonder if she or Morgan had recalled the wrong name. It didn't matter now that she had hopefully found what had been looking for.

"Overrun by...." Trickery paused, eyes widening as she reread the passage. "Overrun by undead?" If this is true, Underworld must've been pissed. She giggled at the thought of Underworld throwing a near tantrum. Makes me wonder though, how could a mortal get that sort of power? She scanned the next few pages for anymore useful information. Or if he was even a mortal at all? Though, she doubted it was a god; none would go that far unless they had something to warrant it...except for possibly a few she might think of. Trickery closed the book having found nothing else of interest and set it aside.

There was one more thing she had found during her search, a folio of handwritten letters tucked in neatly inbetween the books almost as if it had been left there for her to find. It was the only reason she had thought to take the folio off the shelf at all. Trickery undid the strap on the front of the case and flipped it open, reaching in to withdraw the stack of letters inside. They were written on a thin almost vellum like parchment, preserved quite well considering the time that had passed. Tien set the extra letters down atop the case and unfolded it carefully. It was rather small somewhat cramped writing, with some ill formed letters. Probably written by a noble rather than an assistant or scribe, which usually heralded something of great importance or secrecy.

It took a few times of reading the letter to get an understanding of the contents given the age of the dialect. It spoke of the catastrophies of Laer, Tanagra and Pereth D'ain and the similarities inbetween them. All great cities of power, magic and knowledge, pillaged and utterly destroyed.

Some survivors of Laer claim it was divine retribution for seeking that which should not be known to mortals. Somehow I doubt this, if the gods wished to interfere they likely would've done so long ago, they would not have allowed the city to prosper and grow to this point. This leads me to believe the being who destroyed the seals of Laer was a man or at least was at one point. The cavernous city was carefully watched by the scholars who ruled over it, records were kept for everything from visitors, to change of the seal guard to the state of the seals themselves.

According to the records there were not many visitors to Laer except for those few priviledged scholars and creative minds who were allowed passage in and out of the city as they pleased. One of the last remaining visitor records of Laer recovered from the waters lists a newcomer who never previously visited the city. When what survived of the library was recovered some of the most dangerous tomes were listed as missing, there were many rumors that the stranger had taken them and maybe he had even been the one to who also shattered the seals that held the rivers at bay. The stranger's name was listed in the records as Ang...

Trickery snorted, midly annoyed. The rest of the name was smugged out. She folded it and placed it beside the pile before picking up the next one, sighing when it held nothing of importance. Tien discarded it onto the pile with the first letter before picking up another unfoldling and scanning over it. It was written in the same hand as the first, except more hurried.

She calls me mad, saying the Wanderer legend is folly. That it could not really be a man. It has to be a man, the gods if there are any would not do such a thing, immortality is supposed to belong to them alone, is it not? Read and judge for yourself I have included an extra copy of mine with this note.

"For the gods alone..." She sighed. "Even we're not immortal entirely." Her gaze dropped to the case. "Enclosed an extra copy with this note, eh? Maybe it's still here."

Tien picked up the pile of letters and thumbed through them eventually coming across an envelope still held shut with sealing wax. Never read? Trickery began to slide her nail under the seal to break it and paused noticing the imprint in the wax. The comedic mask. She shook her head, not believing her eyes for a moment. When she looked again the mask was still there, plain as day in the wax. It was one of her symbols, albeit it had been linked to other gods through the ages but in the begining it had been hers as the tradegy mask had belonged to the one who mirrored her domain.

She slipped her nail under the seal and broke it carefully, keeping the imprint in the wax intact. Had she been meant to find this?

Existed since long ago,
A devious mage who divine like power he stole;
Discovered the fount of life,
From books of Laer,
City hidden from the god's eyes;
Leaving behind the city to drown

Traveled to the city of intrigue,
Tanagra;
He puppetered the nobles until their death,
Taking what he wanted before he left

Centuries he laid in wait,
Studying and learning,
Learning and studying;
Rising in power and rank

Until he tested his power,
On Pereth D'ain during a morning hour;
He rose up their dead,
and brought them to town to play.

Through time he has gone by many names,
And no one has ever seen his face
No one knows if he still exists,
But some still blame Angmar the Wanderer for many tricks

Tien's heart skipped a beat when she read the last line. Angmar? Could that man who kissed her be this Angmar? She put a hand to her lips and cringed, feeling her stomach turn. The pixie-esque goddess felt for a moment as if she was going to throw up but she steadied herself. Someone had to have left this here for her to find, but who would do such a thing?

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:38 pm
User Image

The Lost Puzzle Pieces
Solo Roleplay 30

After the visit to the library Tien was eager to get out of the Pantheon and on the trail of that man. It was something that had been on her mind since her host had run across him accidentally. When she had not been strong enough to protect the girl, forcing her to make that bargain if one could even call it that. A shiver ran up her spine, recalling the passion in that kiss but also the scent of death and decay that clung to him. Thankfully Tian Yue had appeared and he was able to protect Morgan from having to endure more; had he not found them she did not even want to fathom what might have happened.

It seemed the man was immortal somehow, though not wholly immune to the passage of time. It was distorted, twisted and struck her as wrong in a way. He had mentioned something about finding another body, one more pleasing for her to behold. Poltros...Angmar...what did you do to yourself and why? Perhaps he had done it for her sake, but no, that did not seem right. Before she could begin to fathom why the wisp of memory slipped away, another coming to the surface in its place.

She sat on the steps of the cabin, golden eyes staring out into the mist from behind the leather mask. Fingers stroking across the material lazily awaiting for his return. She couldn't even remember the last time she looked in a mirror and saw her true reflection. It was always a second skin, a visage, a trick. He had been the only one who had removed it in what seemed like ages.

Maybe Asherah was right, he was the only true thing in her life. Part of her was frightened by the realization, but it could very well be the truth.

"Fancy you still hanging out here.. Thought you'd be gone already."

His voice came seemingly out of nowhere, the mists along the path swallowing the sight and sounds of his approach.

"I don't know why I'm still here."

"Nowhere else to go, perhaps?" There was a pause there, a thought only for himself. "Though that's hard to believe - no havoc to wreak, no mischief to be plotted, no games to be played?"He appeared out of the mists then, a bag hung over his shoulder. "Not much to do today, if this goes on the shades will be able to walk over. Not that I'd complain.."

The river was drying up, disappearing. Another sign of decay. Without the river, his presence here held no purpose. He would be free to go elsewhere.

"But I did do some business today, taking some bribes here and there.. I know we both don't need to eat and drink, but.."

He had opened the bag then, displaying its contents. All sorts of little delicacies: fruit, candies, delicate tiny cakes.. grave goods, all together, probably.

"Would you care for a little picnic?" His tone bordered on playful and he winked at her with his strange black eyes. "I don't think I can sneak you into the Fields, so there wont be a pretty landscape to admire, but still.."

"Mistress."

"Hn?" She had not even realized she had been half daydreaming, half remembering until Asherah's voice broke the trance she had fallen into.

"You asked where I saw him last." There was clear displeasure in the catgirl's voice. She sincerely wished her Mistress would reconsider this trip. "It is nearby."

The note of displeasure, which might have even bordered on hatred, did not go unmissed. "You think I should not do this, unless I miss my guess?"

"You should look elsewhere, no matter who he was...he is mad and even less trustworthy than he was then." Asherah had tolerated the man before because he made her happy. It was made bearable because she had little contact with him herself.

"So far he is the only real lead I have." Trickery appreciated her aoide's concern, she really did but it seemed as though she had no real choice. Angmar was the best chance for getting the information she needed. It would just boil down to the question of price. There was no doubt in her mind that it would cost her. Last time it had only been a kiss, what would he demand now that she was reborn?

"I will be careful, Asherah, I promise you." Tread lightly, else wise the consequences could be dire- as always.

"It will have to do, if I cannot sway your course." And do not make any bargains you cannot keep.

"We should be on our way then, so hopefully we arrive before it gets dark."

They picked their way through the streets and alleyways of the small town until they stood before a large house, with the troupe encampment still in front of it. Now came the fun part...actually finding Angmar.

(( Used a prefading RP, anything in #99BBDD is Thablet. ))

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:39 pm
User Image
Gehenna Begins
Solo Roleplay 31

Goddess and aoide sat side by side on spread of soft blankets under the overhang of one of the troupe's wagons. Night had fallen during the space of time they had been sitting here, the lamps hanging on the sides of the wagons had been lit, adding to the light provided by the small cooking fire nearby. Tien leaned against the catgirl, hoping to stave off some of the night's chill. It was difficult being so new in her rebirth, there were times she felt little more than mortal. She smiled softly when Asherah's arm wrapped around her shoulders. Thank you.

The pair had been made to wait upon reaching their destination, it seemed Poltros...Angmar was presently occupied. Trickery had already tried and failed to persuade a member of the troupe to speak to him on her behalf, the man would hear any of it. By now she was angry, having to wait idly after coming such a long way. Besides, she was a goddess, why should she wait on his convenience?! The only positive point in all this was that it gave her time to sort out her questions and figure out how to word them to avoid sounding so desperate for answers.

She glanced up at the catgirl's face. Outwardly her aoide seemed calm, but was staring at the doorway of the house intently. No doubt she is less pleased with this situation than I am. She cuddled up against Asherah's side somewhat when a bitter chill settled over her skin. At first she thought it might have been the wind, but one look at the fire nearby told her it had not been.

How is it so bitter all of a sudden with no wind? It seemed she might have been the only one who felt it until Asherah's arm tightened around her shoulders.

"Something isn't right."

Time seemed to stop for a moment as the chill crept deeper, seeking something far more important rather than flesh and bone. It tugged on the very fabric of her being. Her heart skipped a beat, a sudden feeling of dread building up in her chest. Instinctively she knew something had happened...something bad. It seemed whatever the event was had not gone unnoticed by the mortals around them either, some seemed to feel it more than others. Reactions ranging from fighting off chills to shock to fainting. What the goddess failed to notice was the sensation that began to pull her under, world slowly draining of color before the darkness took over everything like a wave crashing on the shore.

"Ash...er...ah." She slumped over against the catgirl's shoulder.

It wasn't until then that the aoide's gaze broke from the door to look down at her mistress slumped against her side. "Mistress?" At first the catgirl might have thought she slept and reached out to touch her cheek. Trickery slept lightly as of late, it should have been more than enough to wake her. When it did not she gave the goddess' shoulder a gentle shake. Still nothing. No. No. No.

"TIEN!"

The aoide's voice carried well, Angmar appeared in the doorway and beckoned. "Come." Asherah gathered Tien carefully into her arms, rising and turning back toward the building. He stood there a long moment before retreating back indoors, leaving the door open for the aoide.

As Asherah made her way onto the porch the goddess stirred somewhat, vaguely aware she was being carried. She curled against the warmth instinctively, to guard against remaining cold and the lethargy that was steadily creeping up on her. She felt so tired suddenly, with no real explanation as to why. Her questions seemed to be gone from her mind, all she wanted to do was sleep.

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:40 pm
User Image

Dangerous, Treacherous Man
Work In Progress - Solo 32

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:41 pm
User Image
Stepping on Petals
Work In Progress - Solo 33

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:43 pm
User Image
At the Lake House (Unfinished - Written Wrap Up)
Original Thread
Joint Roleplay 39

Cinderfae
User ImageThe small house sat upon the edge of the lake, even with the various dangers of what was to come at night the light from within was warm and almost inviting. A porch wrapped around the side of the house with stairs leading up and then to the door that lead within. Tonight the door was open and sitting cross legged on the porch was a goat girl, an Aoidei to be precise. With a frown she eyed some piece of technology that looked to be the size of a palm pilot, occasionally she would push buttons upon it with a look of annoyance.

Shifting she leaned back with the small device balanced on her leg looking tired and somewhat frustrated. Leaning over she picked a mug up taking a drink of whatever was inside, she for now seems somewhat too preoccupied to notice those coming to and from the pantheon anymore. If any of the humans effected by the coming of days stop for too long and make a pest of themselves she is sure to send them on their way. Though most do not bother her if she doesn't seem to want their company, a set of daggers settled in holsters behind her hips make decent dissuasion techniques as well as a rather sturdy staff that appears to have been carved from a tree branch.

mistalina13
It had been at least two weeks since Asherah had left her Mistress' side. She had been sent to find out something, anything, about what had happened. After seeing the Trickster collapse like that she knew something to be wrong. Everything had seemed amiss lately, the mortals she had come across had been acting strangely and as of late a strange illness seems to have spread. So for the time being the feline aoide had taken to wearing a scarf to cover her nose and mouth, just in case.

Asherah had been traveling for the better part of the day and stopped to take a rest by the lakeside. She knelt down and dipped one hand into the water and pulled down her scarf mask with the other, lapping lightly at the water in her palm. In her journey no one so far had been able to provide any concrete information about anything. Some mortals even thought this was the End.

The feline supposed it was possible, because you never knew what would happen when it involved the gods.

She settled down onto the shore and examined her surroundings. This was not a place she was familiar with but it seemed habitable, especially given the current state of things. Perhaps there was someone around? Her gaze scanned the lakes edge until it came to rest on the cottage. Now that looked promising.

Asherah rose and padded along the shore and up toward the cottage.

Cinderfae
User ImageErzulie glanced up hearing someone approach, cautiously she stood and moved over to the edge of the porch. The device she had been looking over hanging loosely in her hand as she did. Her eyes flickered over seeing the feline girl making her way to the house she rested a hand on one of her daggers but only half heartedly. She was pretty sure she had seen a cat like aoidei in the Pantheon earlier; meaning perhaps the cat was bringing news.

Leaning over the railing Erzulie called out, "Hello there!" waving slightly to the girl. At least she would know that she had been noticed if she had been planning anything.

Moving around to the steps of the porch she stood to meet the new arrival, waiting somewhat curiously.

mistalina13
Asherah's ears perked at the greeting and she pulled down the mask that covered her face. "Hello! I didn't expect to find anyone out here this close to..." She paused, studying the goat girl who had greeted her. That girl...looks like Gul. Weird. "This close to the Pantheon."

The feline aoide stopped just short of the stairs. "Have you seen anything weird or heard anything anything at all, from there?" Pleasantries weren't on her mind at the moment, only accomplishing a goal so she could return to her Mistress.

What Asherah had learned from Fire's aoide had put a kink in her plan of returning to her mistress. It seemed the other gods had found a way to put an end this...whatever this was. There was to be a gathering of divine, ageless and mortal alike to turn the side toward Creation. The largest gathering in living memory, if all went as planned. Since Tien could not go herself, the catgirl resolved to go in her place and offer her prayers and belief. It would be a small offering compared to some but the Twin Crown had given her life and a purpose, so Asherah would give what she could in return to help bring Him back.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:44 pm
User Image
Learn it Over Again
Tien is lost in dreams.

Leave me to my thoughts indeed. That man is out to drive me mad. Tien snorted softly, rubbing her temple where he had kissed her. She had fallen asleep just after he left and now wandered aimlessly in the darkness, shutting out the growing misery outside. Whatever had happened pulled at the fabric of All and had stolen her strength. For an instant before she blacked out it had seemed that death loomed, threatening to catch her in his net if the proverbial wave had swept her away. She shivered, hands rubbing her upper arms, the fingertips of one hand brushing over the gem in her arm.

So close, too close.

Suddenly she found herself somewhere that she had not expected to be- a rather plain looking bedroom. It was a space she recognized from Morgan's memories- it had been the girl's bedroom back in her family's home on Earth. It contained was a bed, desk, dresser and a large table- the walls of the room were painted a light blue that faded up to a darker blue ceiling dotted with the night sky. Her father had painted that for her when she was young.

Tien had never understood how the girl found the room to be any sort of peaceful, as cluttered as it was. There were stacks of books, a plethora of figurines, dice, painting supplies and clothes scattered everywhere. Something among the chaos caught her attention. A mask? It was half buried under clothes. She pushed the pile of laundry aside and stared down at it. How did this get here?

She had not seen this particular mask in a long time, it was not the one she saw in the memories that contained Angmar. Something told her this one was older...and more important? Her fingertips ran over the tooled leather- the mask was half pure white, half pitch black. It would cover her whole face if she put it on. The lips tooled into the leather were odd, one half turned up and other was turned down. Peculiar. And more peculiar still- the thing seemed to be pulling at her, begging silently to be worn...

Trickery did not bother trying to resist the call, she picked up the mask and slid it on.

Putting on the Trickster's mask is the ride of a lifetime.
Are you prepared?

The room around her dissolved, as if someone had poured paint thinner over the backdrop canvas. The colors bled down the walls, mixing and swirling and became so disorienting Tien had to shut her eyes. When she opened them again she sat on the steps of the cabin from her memories with Angmar. This place had been real once, but it was probably not the case anymore...the Underworld had collapsed on itself when its lord had died, had it not?

A familiar male voice called to her from inside the cabin. It sounded honey sweet and practically purred her name. Angmar. She reached up a hand to slid off the mask and found that she could not. It was not simple hesitation on her part, the mask would not budge. When panic set in the cabin crumbled, the skulls and other bones it was made of falling atop of her, burying her. Trickery screamed, but no one would hear her.

When her eyes opened again she found herself covered by soft sheets rather than an endless pile of bones. Had she woken from the dream...no...nightmare? She lay nestled against something, no, someone. She felt the contours and warmth of a man's bare chest beneath her hand. The goddess tilted her head to see who it might be. It was hard to make out the face in the darkness, but it was most definitely not Angmar, that much was for certain. This man's face as he slept seemed to suggest gentler nature. His hair was longer, some of it lay over his shoulder in easy reach of her fingertips. Her hand moved just enough so her fingers brushed the lock of hair. The man must have stirred somewhat, a calloused hand rubbed gentle lazy circles on her hip.

Go back to sleep, Eshu.

Tien blinked. For her to be here like this with a man he had to have been important to her...very important. But before she could ponder the man's identity any further the scene was pulled away from her as she was drenched in infinite darkness again.

When the darkness retreated this time it left her sitting on a high back chair up on a dais. The room before her was large and open with long tables scattered about. There was a trap door in the floor off to her left, just head of where she sat. Double doors graced the opposite wall and they stood half open.

Home?

How had she gotten here? Her hand reached up to look for the mask and sure enough it was still there. Trickery jumped at the sound of the trap door slamming open and when her gaze flicked to it she swore that she could see a ghost image of Morgan there but when she blinked it was gone. Have I gone mad? The nerdling's laughter rang in her ears, it was a strange reverse of how it had been when she was still trapped in her crystalline prison embedded in the girl's flesh.

Her hand unconsciously went to her stomach, where the girl had wounded her in their last duel. It had been in a dream of sorts, no scar remained but she felt the pain of the wound anew. A reminder that you are not gone from me, little Morgan? Tien felt the ghostly touch of a hand on her chin and her head tilted up so her gaze fell on the doors in front of her.

Go. There is something you need out there.

And it seemed for a moment Morgan was the goddess and she the mortal girl. Trickery laughed aloud at the absurdity of it all. Was her host really helping her, or was this her mind's way of getting her to see something that she could not, or would not, acknowledge? She stood, ignoring the phantom pain from the long healed wound and crossed the room to the doors. When she pushed them open a bit further and passed through there was something very different there than the courtyard she expected to see.

It was a long hallway made of white stone and lined with statues. The other end of the hallway was a 't' shape, and on the back wall was decorated in tiles adorned with symbols. It only seemed to take her a few steps to reach the far end of the hall, leaving her in front of the tiled wall. Only now that she could see it more clearly they weren't tiles at all- more like buttons, hundreds of them in fact.

How odd..

Her gaze flicked over the rows of symbols. Would the right combination of button presses open something? Probably. It seemed the most logical conclusion, which meant the wrong choice probably had some sort of consequence. She reached out, her hand hovering over the button with the coiled serpent symbol on it. Well, here goes nothing. Tien pressed it and winced, waiting for something to happen- all that happened was a faint click that sounded like something unlocking.

Despite the noise the wall did not budge. She left it to instinct to find the other correct symbols to press. Mask, tree, an odd looking flower- a lily maybe? Once the flower symbol was pressed the wall shifted and dropped into the floor. The goddess brought a hand up to her mouth, expecting to be assaulted with dust, like when something very old was opened or moved, and was pleasantly surprised that there was none. This place was old...very old...but somehow everything looked untouched as if it had been newly sealed. Where is this place? It was obviously somewhere she had been, the place seemed sort of fuzzy and shadowed around the edges- so it was clearly pulled from her memories. This room was made of the same white stone the hallway was. She looked around for any clues but there did not seem to be anything in the room except four pedestals in the center of the room.

Trickery went down the steps into the room, looking at the pedestals. The first three did not seem to have anything on them, but the fourth did have something resting on it...a key? The very same key that Morgan had used to unlock the last trap of the Gauntlet as a matter of fact. She sighed heavily. This made no sense, perhaps there was something to all this that she was not seeing?

Tien lifted a hand to rub her temple, already feeling a headache coming on, having forgotten about the mask. To her surprise the mask slid free and she found herself suddenly awake in bed where Asherah had left her. As Morgan would have said- okay, seriously, what the hell?

User Image

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:45 pm
User Image
Ritual of Renaming
Work in Progress - Solo 35

Metaplot RP Link
Linked for timeline purposes for the time being.

User Image

[ Journals ]... // Player Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces