Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 08 Level 0 - The Red Zone (archive)
Cinders of the Future 2: Phoenix Ashes OoC Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 am
Also, if anyone can find me this tee shirt for sale somewhere, I will come up with something neato to reward you. I couldn't find it on woot, Amazon, or eBay. It is like. My favorite design for a tee shirt. Evar. Showed up on woot a year ago and a combination of things didn't allow me to buy it, and then woot, of course, discontinued it, which is sad day.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:51 pm
Jeez, how much did I miss while I was away doing SCIENCE (for any that care, it was glorious and I have a much better perspective and respect for people who do fieldwork)?

Arthuritis, good to see you again! *hug* Glad to have you on board.

And lol. Is my character going to be surrounded by insane people (again)?  

Isa-sama

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:33 pm
SirBayer
Honestly, Jikial, I'm not quite sure where to go from here. I could just say "Paul didn't wake up and Zoidberg left her alone because she doesn't like him," but that seems pointless and excessively curt. So I'mma wait for Siber to move us along.

I just wanted her to be awake for the dawn, I was waiting for him to bump us over too.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Isa-sama
Jeez, how much did I miss while I was away doing SCIENCE (for any that care, it was glorious and I have a much better perspective and respect for people who do fieldwork)?

And lol. Is my character going to be surrounded by insane people (again)?

Glad you had fun doing SCIENCE....Wish I could say the same, my boss at the Lab is too busy to explain stuff to me. I really do need to switch to oceanography... Is the boat you went out on far enough away for me to ask where you were?

As far as the characters go, this time around has a very high insanity coefficient...  

Shaula Al Nair

Codebreaking Spark

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Survivor 150

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:07 pm
To Whom It May Concern: Alyssa is not insane, but asocial and misanthropic. For good reasons.

She does not have the defining charateristic of insanity of being arbitrary.

Her current state is the closest she'll get, when her lucidity wears out (and it will until she's no longer dehydrated) she'll be a bit unhinged like she was earlier.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 am
Update: Aaron will not be going insane or any sub-faction of the aforementioned schizoid group. That is all.

I need some vitamin B-12. I'm tiiiiired  

Arthuritis592

SirBayer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:40 pm
Suddenly, everyone is afraid that everyone thinks their characters are crazy.

OH BAYER LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE WROUGHT

and bayer looked, and it was good  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm
Sorry, I was being imprecise...I probably should have used crazyness coefficient rather than insanity, but insanity coefficient sounded so much better...

...heck, from one definition I heard, to repeat the same action and expect wildly different results is insanity, which makes Lexi insane, since she definitely expects the world outside Woodmount to be way different...

...though, doesn't that description also describe quantum mechanics?...ugh, no wonder I was going nuts last quarter...  

Shaula Al Nair

Codebreaking Spark

9,800 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Survivor 150

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:24 pm
From what I've heard of insanity is that insanity is arbitrary, and psychosis is formulaic.

I like this better than the current running definition of insanity, cause it's never struck me as quite right, insane people expect different results from doing the same thing? Insane people are nuts! Psychotic people are different, but the follow their own peculiar processes.

I did research one time, I should be able to explain it and back it up, but who cares?

The terms are interchangeble, psychotic/insane/crazy/batsh*t/nuts/haha/hehe/hoho.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm
BREAKING NEWS:

I Love You Guys.

Also, I was an idiot and put Riverdale instead of Glenville. Thankfully I beat Siber/id to the post, and edited appropriately.

As for the whole insanity thing: Psh. There aren't any crazy people in here, just a couple paranoid individuals and a few with traumatic histories: but there's no surprise- The ******** Apocalypse came through not long ago.  

Mr. Blackbird Lore

Dapper Codger

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:25 pm
I posit the theory, that you, Mr. Blackbird Lore, are the apocolypse, as evidence suggests that you came through here not long ago.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:29 am
...arguments about specific connotation, diction, and shades of meaning aside, I think the point has been made that having a group of people with too large a (I prefer Shaula's term) insanity coefficient (for those of you arguing proper definition, I'm going to specify that this means states of mind resulting in prolonged or repeated actions seen as offensive and/or unacceptably perverse to the current American cultural milieu) is simply going to give us all a headache. To an extent, yes, a good bit is expected due to the apocalypse, but it has been six years. So, grinning bloodbaths, clinical paranoia, total and continuous lack of empathy, etc., are included in this bundle. Ça va?

We're back, by the way ^_^ So hi!

SiberDrac and I apologize sincerely for the lack of an update this weekend. A need to get away from the computer that was providing us with headaches concerning housing for the coming semester and subsequent carousing in real life may or may not have been involved in the events that failed to culminate in a post Friday, and then a weekend visit Paris was most certainly involved in the events that culminated in a lack of updates Saturday and Sunday. Siber will be "hella certain," in his words, to break dawn with proper glory and literary abandon once the workday has ended. Thank you all for your patience; we love you all <3

iD bracerS

SiberDrac

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:00 am
@ iD: The insanity argument is lighthearted. One of these years I swear I'll get you an improved sense of humor for Christmas.

@ everyone: Yay for returning! Yah, there'll be hella updates tonight. Had to go out Friday (I had been encouraged to try a new beer and we found a place that did a pretty epic American-style hamburger; naysayers aside, you find yourself missing them after long enough in Europe), and then Paris was fantastic biggrin Sweet deal. See you in between two and six hours!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 am
I did a little more reading on insanity, it's still a legal term, and used outside of that it's an umbrella for all forms of erratic behaviour.

The things I read on it were arguing against Einstein's quote because it simplified the matter too much and didn't give the general feel of what insanity is and how it is to be insane. Not, I hope, that the psychologists who wrote it would know what it's like to be insane.

With all this presented I give you my conclusion; Einstein's term is still valid, but it is narrow, and insanity itself is a broad term to mean all slaphappy (and sh*t-eating-grin) craziness.

Therefore; We're all insane.

Also, was there an argument going on about how many insane people should be in this rp? Cause I totally missed that.  

Jikial

Distinct Hunter

Isa-sama

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:46 am
@Shaula: Awww....I understand how you feel about not understanding stuff...my professor just dumped me on this trip and the professor that should have gone with us abandoned us and left us with another undergrad. XD The boat went to three different areas in the Gulf of Mexico. I suppose the collective area (I don't remember exactly where we went in the ocean) would include a small bit of the Mississippi coast, the Alabama coast, and a small part of the Florida Coast. Paleontology vs. Oceanography....that's starting to become a tough choice. sweatdrop

I'm surprised we're still on the insanity topic. Then again, this is Cinders and craziness is bound to occur so I suppose I shouldn't have been too surprised.  
08 Level 0 - The Red Zone (archive)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff