Welcome to Gaia! ::

Blank pages, loosely bound (BPLB)

Back to Guilds

A learn to roleplay guild, with classes and guides. An RP school for Gaians of any level. 

Tags: teach, role, play, guide, class 

Reply Main Forum
I just got refused entry to an rp guild Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you think it's fair?
  yes
  no!
View Results

Wrasynth Ksyamen

Hilarious Codger

7,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:31 pm
Mezri
I am not acting like a child ... I am letting you know that this first experience of your guild has been a really horrible event for me. D: You should be able to use that information to prevent this from happening again. I'm not trying to re-create the event. Trying to prevent the re-accurance of it.

Feral I'm sorry if I made you believe I was a troll! I was never trying to be rude or insult you. :/ Feral you were here first. If you want me to leave the guild, tell me I will leave.

First of all he simply doesn't have that authority (Not that he's claiming to either. You would be asking the general populace at large rather than him is my point.). This is way too laid back of place for this drama. Especially considering the pretense of you trying to pretend to be above such petty drama. When frankly we know you know such comments are intentionally counter productive.

So in short. ******** quit it. You seem intelligent enough; so you're welcome to stay. I appreciated your understanding of how modern english is a fluid language based on context and evolution. I do dislike the rather stoic ignorance; or at least I feel that it's absurdly ignorant of the rather plain evidence of how the english language evolves constantly. I've always felt as long as people understand what you're getting it? Then "You're doing it right."

Feral has a long history of being socially awkward and not understanding things that are plainly obvious to others. His intelligence is kinda hit or miss in this way. He means well despite the self fellating (ref: see fellatio) behavior. The fact is I couldn't give the two tugs of dead dogs c**k where anyone goes but I'd rather you 'not s**t in my back yard.' if that makes any sense. I know I haven't been around lately with making posts; but I have been around.

Feral. Shut up. Go to another thread. You're smart enough to know that troll or not you're just as guilty for perpetuating drama.

For those of you "Tl; dr"? Cease your ******** or I textually beat the savage ******** out of people for the amusement for the rest of the guild. As we so do love me loosing my s**t over people being stupid.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:54 pm
Thanks for allowing me to be in the guild, but I am not looking for a drama guild. I do not make excuses for the fact that I attack back when I get attacked. But Feral's was the first reply a received and I am utterly disappointed that I was not greeted with a "hello" and then I get called immature for defending myself ... Certainly not the environment for me.

Best of luck.  

Mezri

Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:42 pm
Ok we're closing the chapter on this one.

For anyone who is new please realize that as Wrasynth said we are a more laid back guild and drama such as this is not the norm. It is usually few and far between when something like this happens.

The drama that happened was created between Feral and Mezri and despite a guild mod telling them to stop they kept at it. Both have quit the guild of their own choice (I did not kick them out or ban them as I had warned).  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:20 am
Wow. I take a look at this guild and one of the first things I see are two people trying to jump down the throat of someone defending literacy. No wonder Feral left. A guild mod that gets pissed because someond did her job for her, and someone else without any amount of civility but wants to call other people socially awkward. No support for someone that was trying to help you. Huh. Guess now I know where not to go to learn. Good reason not to join, too.  

Kain Strikeblade

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:53 pm
Why? Why bring it back up? It's over isn't it? Feral left, Mezri left, so why keep kicking the dead horse over and over and over again?

Kain I'm going to make an assumption you're either

A) a friend of Feral whom he went to and say how everything that went on wasn't in any way, shape, or form his fault as he was trying to 'help'. So you came running over here to add your two cents in defense of him when you never had any intentions of joining or even cared about this guild before this incident.

OR

B) You are a mule for Feral returning to add more fuel to the fire.

Because really there is no way that this is the first thing that you would see here in the guild unless you specifically came looking for it.

Anyhow I'm going to say my final piece on the matter and hope that no one tries to bring up the dregs of this sordid part of the BPLB history to start more nonsense. Actually in a way I'm asking that no one does until they day comes we can look back on this and laugh.

Now in my defense I am a bit confused as to what exactly Kain means by me being pissed because Feral did my job for me. I'm not sure where exactly Feral did anything that was of my position.

Since people are so fond of definitions:
Quote:
Mod- Short of Moderator
Moderator (noun)-
: one who arbitrates : mediator
: one who presides over an assembly, meeting, or discussion: as
a : the presiding officer of a Presbyterian governing body
b : the nonpartisan presiding officer of a town meeting
c : the chairman of a discussion group
: a substance (as graphite) used for slowing neutrons in a nuclear reactor

If it's the third definition that was meant then I am most sorry because I really can not do that, if Feral can and did then I must applaud him for being able to do that while writing his replies.

Quote:
Mediator- (noun)
: one that mediates; especially : one that mediates between parties at variance
: a mediating agent in a physical, chemical, or biological process

Quote:
Mediate- (verb)
a : to bring accord out of by action as an intermediary
b : to effect by action as an intermediary
a : to act as intermediary agent in bringing, effecting, or communicating : convey
b : to transmit as intermediate mechanism or agency

intransitive verb
: to interpose between parties in order to reconcile them
: to reconcile differences

Cut and pasted from Webster.

Now my dears of all of those definitions which exactly was Feral doing?

Merzri had made her post stating her opinion and Feral replied, as the back and forth of opinions continued hostility arose. It went from discussing the irony of how the original poster of this thread had complained of being rejected while posting without capitalizing and other forms of common grammatical knowledge to proving who was right and who was wrong.

It was becoming a proverbial pissing contest between the two and though we are a guild famous for our sidetracking this was getting out of hand and they were told to cut it out. No sides were chosen, no one was told if they were right or wrong, they were merely told to stop.

They persisted and ignored a moderator when I believe they should have been ignoring each other. After a threat of removal they decided to leave themselves.

You can read Mezri's parting words in this thread. Feral's was an edit of his guide.

I'll post it here so you don't have to click the link.
Quote:

October 20, 2011

Due to the recent inability of this guild to follow its purpose for creation, the failure of its crew members to perform their jobs, and the refusal of its members to actually learn, I've decided to remove the information I have posted on magic and mysticism.

For those of you that actually used the information that was provided here, I apologize for the inconvenience. You may thank your peers for their condescending attitudes towards anyone trying to help a roleplayer improve.

Yes we are a guild with the fundamental goal of educating and helping others to improve RP-wise but that's only when the person seeks that knowledge, we are not Grammar Nazi
User Image
This is not our insignia. We do not force our opinion or knowledge onto those who don't want it, doing something like that makes a person hostile towards you, they will fight and rebel against you because you are forcing that upon them. We as a group know better and know how to offer our help without sounding condescending or greater-than-thou.

Now if anyone feels that I am not doing my job entrusted onto me or if I was in the wrong then I sincerely welcome them to contact the guild captain LillianSaire or the first vice Moonlightwolf111 and tell them that you do not have confidence in me. Trust me I would not hold it against any of you.

...Okay how many of you likened me with Obama with his speeches for a minute? How many of you are going to re-read that in the Obama voice? You know you're going to do it now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm
Feral occasionally uses this account to mule when I'm on deployment and I'm trying to save gold for something. He doesn't use Kain's account. They are friends. The three of us all know each other from real life. I don't think that Feral even mentioned this idiotic chat to Kain. Feral just isn't like that, despite what you all may think of him. If Feral wanted to add more fire he would have done it on his own account. Don't be vindictive. Don't believe me then you can feel free to ask Feral about it.

Why this was one of the first thing's Kain found? Did you notice that it's the first nonstickied thread that you see when you look at the forums?

If you really want to know how Kain found this place, Feral told both of us about it more than a year ago when Ten was starting up his mech and steampunk roleplays. Said we might want to check it out if we wanted to move out of our comfort zones.  

Angelic Siren

Lady Bern
Vice Captain

Aekea Pirate

11,900 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Nerd 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:48 pm
Recall I used the word assumption.

And it's not vindictive to have a suspicion such as that when a person I do not recall having been on the guild before suddenly pops up mentioning the name of person who has left not even 24 hours ago. No one is above doing such things and I say this out of experience. And trust me you'll know when I'm being vindictive.

Also at the time of Kain's post the top non-sticky thread wasn't this but the 'I'm so awesome you should hug me for luck' thread was. And yes I checked the time-stamps. So Kain had to skip over the stickies, the introduction thread, the top thread, and come here.

Anyhow I am not trying to focus on that. If you've come to defense Feral then good for you for being a good friend to him, but no matter how anyone spins it nothing justifies behaving that way. I'm not here to play the friend game right now. I'm trying to get beyond this 'idiotic chat' and remind people what this guild is about.

Now can we please for the love of God drop this?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff