Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply Convention Forum
Cosplaying Outside of Cons Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

WHUT?
  I'd do it too.
  Your gonna get a lot of stares.
  You crazy foo.
View Results

Hypocritical Persecution

7,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:10 am
I've really only wore my Matt (Death Note) cosplay out in public before, which isn't too weird, considering. I want to make Naruto ninja sandals (don't kill me!) My mom thinks they looks cool, so I don't think she'd mind me wearing them in public... Besides, there's a Naruto cosplayer somewhere in my area, but I don't know who it is! Maybe they'll draw that person out... I don't even know if the Naruto is male or female xD

I've worn my Matt to:
The beach
The store
The library
The pool...

....I wanted to go as Zombie Matt for Halloween, but I ended up wearing something else D:

I hope to make a better vest for him anyways, so the one I currently have can be made all bloody!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:44 am
I did that a lot last year. Walking into the mall, bookstore and public library with cat ears and a tail on. A whole lot of fun, and it is just hilarious when someone stares at me, and then I look back at them, and they instantly turn away as if I was Medusa. LOL It was a bit hurtful though when parents would move their kids away if I walked by. -sighs- I must be a demon in disguise to parents like that.  

KawaiiNekoRose

7,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Veretix

8,750 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Clambake 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:02 am
This New Year's Eve, i went to a party in which you had to be dressed in black and white. I ended up wearing my Akatsuki cloak (it is black after all). No one cared, in fact a lot of people came up to me saying how much they loved it xd And some were interested enough to talk about anime, cosplaying, and conventions. It was sooo funny mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 4:50 pm
I did it once before. My friends had dared me to dress up as Mikuru Asahina (her school girl outfit) for the second to last day of school. So, I did.~ I got a lot of stares, and felt a little weeeeird. o__o; But, some people actually really liked it. I did get a little annoyed when some emo punk kid came to me and said with an annoyed look, "Uhm, why are you dressed like that?" I looked back at her and said, "I don't know, why are you dressed like an emo kid? Can't you wear something.. different? :/" Then, my best friend decided to get in her Haruhi Suzumiya outfit before we went to Wal-Mart. <~<; We had a nice little adventure. <3  

mozfart

Millionaire

BeyondBirthday01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:13 pm
I was coming from a con and my mommi thought it was a good idea to go grocery shopping! I was wearing my Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay and an ORLY? hat I had bought. So, we were in the check out lines and an old man comes up and asked me if I was a hippy. I laughed and to him no and explained what cosplay was and why I was dressed up. He laughed too and we all had a good time checking out food items!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:02 pm
The only time I have ever cosplayed in public and gotten any reactions was at a Buffalo Wild Wigs. Our anime club had had a meeting at the library and then decided to go have dinner afterwards. I was in my Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay and my friend was in Kyon, and there was also a Hinata and Neji in our group, but they were at a different table. So we were eating contentedly, and some guy comes up to me and my Kyon's table and says "Hey, why are you all dressed so weird?" and I explained about our anime club, and his comment was "Why would you want to have fun at a library?" so I tried to explain to his small mind about our anime showings. Then he said "Well, whatever. Can I get a picture with ya'lls weird-a** s***?" I almost burst with anger, but I was determined to be calm and polite. So I called the Neji, Hinata, and Kyon and we took a picture with the jerk. Afterwards, I went and told our member who is about 6'5", very muscular, and a sniper in the Army (currently in Afghanistan) about him, and so he and the Hinata went and had a nice chat with the guy. biggrin He was polite to our group the rest of the evening.

A week ago I was in the WalMart parking lot in regular clothes and someone told me it wasn't Halloween. I wasn't even in cosplay. ._. I thought, do I really dress that weird? (So I gave the girl the finger >>; )

La Ahna

6,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Rebel Nerd Alliance

Dangerous Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:42 am
My friend and myself both went shopping into the city town center a while back dressed as L and Misa, despite the stares it was a lot of fun!

At one point, my friends skirt (who was of course Misa) got caught up and she didn't realise she was showing more than she wanted to! We didn't realise of course until she got a load of whistles xD

Later, we went to the sweet store at the inside market, I went running into the place and got some stares as I stuffed sweets into the paper bag! lol

Me and my friend are now working on furry costumes, which we are going to go to the zoo in some time this year hopefully! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:52 pm
My friends and I usually wear wigs and stuff in public. It's actually a lot of fun!

Not really cosplay, but I did wear my Lolita dress out today!
First my friend and I went bowling (she was dressed as Battle Waitress Mikuru from Haruhi Suzumiya) we got a lot of funny looks. I was wearing my Teto Kasane wig so I had a few questions on that!
Then we went out for sushi! The waitress complemented us and said we looked cute, she asked us if we were going to a party XD
Lastly, we went to Starbucks! Haha. It was hilarious. We get up to the counter and the chick was like "Wow! What are you two dressed up for?!? A party?" We shrugged "Nah. Just to go out and wear it! We wear this stuff all the time!" she looked a little shocked! After we sat down for a few minutes, I have to say, I giggled a bit. One lady asked my friend where she got her outfit and remarked that she used to wear the kind of clothes I was wearing when she was in high school. Then some guy was like "Soo. What are you wearing? Are you a nurse or something?" to my friend. We both replied with Battle waitress from the future at the same time. He was quite confused. Then he asked me what i was. I wasn't really anything in particular, so I shrugged. He said I looked like her healer so when she got hurt in the battle field I would heal her...It was a lot funnier there ;_______; So yeah. I need to wear more lolita and in public more often .w.  

Losertastic124

burgawinosourus

Toothsome Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:31 pm
Right after Christmas I went to a Vocaloid Meet up. Only two of us in the group looked out of place with our brightly colored hair but I seemed to get the most comments since my hair was pink. I thought it was really funny at first until the comments and looks became really hateful. When someone finally asked me if I was stupid for what I was doing, I asked them in return "would you like a hug?". In return they looked really confused and I said "Its alright if you want to, I'm really not that scary."

But the nice comments felt good like "I wish I had pink hair." And this little girl who wanted to follow us around but she was extremely shy about it. XD

I'm so happy this topic got a lot of attention. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:48 pm
Oh! I remembered on the same day as my first post before I went to the grocery store, my mom and I went to a resturaunt. So, I was still in my ORLY? hat and Haruhi Suzumiya cosplay. I was eatting salad and this lady a few tables down kept glaring at me. And as the spacy person I am, did not notice it...Until my mom pointed it out. So, I just laughed, put the hat-gloves on and laughed into my hands....(not sure why???) But, the same lady kept glaring at me and giving me mean looks like I was killing someone. And I even think she said stuff about me to the people she was with because she pointed me out and a few others look.
But, I just went along with it and thought of all the attention my costume was getting! (gotta think about the positives!!)  

BeyondBirthday01

Rikku Takarai Too

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:23 pm
User Image

Sadly, I've never cosplayed-- YET
Oh but when I do, I will have stories to tell!
Cosplaying takes too much work (or money) to just be worn once or twice (how ever many conventions you go to) and then left in the closet to collect dust!
I'm coslpaying this year for the first time, and I can't wait! I can't imagine where I'd go, or what I'd do in it, but walking around as Taokaka from Blazblue will be a new experience, so I'm gonna make the best of it!

The least I've done is go to the store in a loli dress. Not much, but it was still fun. xD
User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:42 am
My cosplay group and I used to hang out every weekend in cosplay just for the hell of it.
We'd walk around the mall, shoot funny videos, anything we felt like!
We still do it every now and again.
:]

Roman Mercy

Eloquent Seeker

9,475 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Elocutionist 200

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 am
This has nothing to do with me cosplaying outside of a convention, but this is a story from Honors Chemistry last year.

This girl walks in with her hair that has been dyed black either the day before or 2 days before the class. She was wearing a white shirt and blue jeans. The first thing I thought was "Oh my gosh, L is in my class." I don't think she watches anime, but it was funny how people can look like another character without realizing it.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:12 pm
i did it together with a friend in the xmas vacation 2007 =3
we went to do groceries as vergil and dante...of course we bought pizza, icecream and such XD
2 girls recognized us too, they were actually giggling, it was fun to do 4laugh  

Moonlight_saix

Spartan1024

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:00 pm
If I cosplay, I need to be with other people. XD Seriously, I wasn't even in cosplay, I just wore goggles over my head and people were giving me weird stares.
But once, I was at a con, but I was walking around outside alone...dressed as Diego Armando. So there I was with my coffee mug, wild hair & beard walking through a crowd of normal people. I would do that again, but with friends. xd

Although, I want to make Alucard & Victoria Seras, and whoever & me can walk around being all vampiric-like. I just hope we don't get those stupid Twi-tards... stare  
Convention Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff