Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Don't forget to read the rules!
  Polls are required in every thread. (:
View Results

Alice_in_Wonderland19

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:19 pm
I haven't seen Donna. She must be pretty awesome, from what people have been saying about her. I reserve judgement until I see her. Until then, Rose is the best. Not Martha.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:58 pm
    Okay, so it's been a while since I came and checked on my thread, but I'm glad it took off like this, though I have to warn that a few of you are being a bit mean and bashing, I definitely didn't want that. So there's your warning before I start picking out names.

I went back and watched the seasons and though I still like Rose immensely better, I have a better reason now then just the annoyance of Martha's crush on the Doctor.

I think that I could relate to Rose more. She was a normal girl working in a shop who was suddenly thrown into this situation by random. [talk about right place, right time] A lot of people said she was selfish by just running off with the Doctor not thinking about her family, etc. I'm sorry, but if a man in a time machine came up to me and said that he was willing to take me with him, "PEACE MA!" Seriously, I'm not going to lie. biggrin

Also, I think that Martha was just really under-developed. You never got a feel for who she was. Sure, you saw her family in the first and last few episodes, but you never got to really get to know her. Whereas with Rose you met Jackie and Pete and Mickey and you knew who they were and how her life was, etc. I think of Martha and I think of 'companion who magically loved the Doctor from the moment they met. Oh yeah and I think she was a doctor...maybe.' Every time they seemed to try and extend her character they'd do it bit by bit and I don't think you ever really learned anything about Martha. Also, she was always annoyed by the Doctor bringing up Rose, but when you think about it, didn't she get as worked up about Rose as the Doctor did? She seemed to be as much, 'Rose this, Rose that' as the Doctor was, just in a negative way. That's just how I feel about it. I respect Freema and think she's a great actress, but Billie as Rose is definitely just more my style. biggrin

Dame a la Powell Estate_x

Alice_in_Wonderland19

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 8:04 pm
Ok, I apologize for my Martha-bashing, but I really didn't like her. But now I have seen Donna, and I really like her. She's sarcastic and smart and, oh yeah, not in love with the doctor. Must...not...bash...Martha... But it can get kind of annoying to watch a girl pine after the doctor so blatently when he didn't even like her that much. So anyway, I really like Donna, and I hope she sticks around for a while. I approve. She seems to really have a mind of her own, and she isn't just going to go along with whatever the doctor says. So I like her.  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 5:13 pm
I never thought Martha pined after the Doctor so blatantly, yeah... she had a crush on him, and when he's this dashing Time-Traveling brilliant handsome man... some people can't help it when they crush. I mean, you have to love the Doctor romantically or not. Martha got over him in the end, and learned that love isn't always requited. Oh, and the Doctor kissed her. Well, he didn't... but that's what it seemed like to Martha, that's how their relationship kicked off. It must have been a really good kiss too.

I think that Rose is the best for the Doctor because the Doctor loves her back and she's really compassionate.

I can't say either Rose or Martha is superior. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Martha is smarter and (imo) prettier, but Rose is still great.

As for Donna... she's really growing on me, mostly because she doesn't like the Doctor. It cancels out all of those claims I've heard from people that Doctor Who is a "romantic" show.

As of now, I can personally relate to Donna the most... but on a slim scale.  

CrystalGazer

Alice_in_Wonderland19

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:48 pm
Of course I understand why Martha had a crush on the Doctor, I mean, I would too. And I do think that the ending between her and the Doctor was well done. I liked her better in the season finale than I did the rest of the season. And really, no offense to Freema at all. I do not think it is her fault the writers did not fully develop Martha's character. At least now she's getting a second chance. Maybe I'll learn to like her.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:27 pm
Picking between rose and martha? I can't really do that, I might like Martha just a little bit more but it really depends, some episodes with martha i don't like her so, I'm still not sure. I like both of them better than Donna though, she seems to upbeat.  

Elli508

Conbryo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:57 pm
CrystalGazer
I never thought Martha pined after the Doctor so blatantly, yeah... she had a crush on him, and when he's this dashing Time-Traveling brilliant handsome man... some people can't help it when they crush. I mean, you have to love the Doctor romantically or not. Martha got over him in the end, and learned that love isn't always requited. Oh, and the Doctor kissed her. Well, he didn't... but that's what it seemed like to Martha, that's how their relationship kicked off. It must have been a really good kiss too.

I think that Rose is the best for the Doctor because the Doctor loves her back and she's really compassionate.

I can't say either Rose or Martha is superior. They both have their strengths and weaknesses. Martha is smarter and (imo) prettier, but Rose is still great.

As for Donna... she's really growing on me, mostly because she doesn't like the Doctor. It cancels out all of those claims I've heard from people that Doctor Who is a "romantic" show.

As of now, I can personally relate to Donna the most... but on a slim scale.

Ah. Here we are. I couldn't have said it better myself.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:25 pm
Yeah... so, i've seen a few more rose episodes online and she's really grown on me, i still like martha, just not as much as before, and now i love donna, she's wonderful! I know i just totally contradicted myself, but i'll probably change my mind again anyways.  

Elli508

I Dec I

Invisible Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 am
Billie piper was a lot better than freema(martha) but catherine tate is the best

p.s have u americans seen the lats episode of series 4?

SPOILER rose goes back to her paralell universe with a human version of the doctor. and the doctor wipes donnas mind and takes her back to earth  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:15 am
I liked Rose a lot, but Martha wasn't too bad. I think Rose did a lot more, and really had a better bond with the Doctor. If I had to choose between the two, I think I'd choose Rose.

I'm not being racist either, I just preferred the bond that Rose had with the Doctor over that which was had between he and Martha, that's all.  

Run_like_the_wind

Arttic Witchica

Invisible Lunatic

15,725 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • ReAnimated 50
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:54 pm
Both are good, but Rose is more of my fav. I mean she has a point I feel, amd she was more than a just a companion. I mean Martha may have saved the world once, but what has she done since? It's cool that she's going to be on Torchwood and all, because maybe she'll do more than just call the Doctor.

Sorry if I seem negative, but I really do hope she gets a point because I like her, just fave Rose more.  
PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:40 am
Yes, Martha's crush on the Doctor is a little annoying but I like her intelligence. Not that Rose is dumb by any stretch I just connect with intellectual types fairly well. Really, It's hard for me to choose one or the other, I like Martha more on first meeting but Rose had ywo seasons to develope and grow on you.

On a related note, I would really like to see a regular companion (meaning, season long at least) who is either a man or not from contemporary Britain, or both. And no Jack doesn't count. He wasn't in enough eps. He's more like a special guest than a full time companion. It would also be nice to see more than one Companion at a time for more than a few episodes.  

Runa Whynd

Chaira Lily

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 11:54 pm
LOl i love this debate.

I hated Rose's whiney attitude and inability to do anything useful except talk to people. and then came Martha

I like Martha because she actualy has some uses and saved the doctors life in her 1st episode on by CPR a useful tool as she is a useful medical student. However her stubborn attitude and running into situations without thinking annoyed me. I hated her more than Rose unitl....

Donna I hate hate hate her, she is naggy and bossy and urgh just know your place I am suprised she didnt die by the second episode I would have like it sooo much.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:27 pm
Rose all the way. Bad Wolf for the ultimate win.  

Ryuu Minamoto

Romantic Explorer

7,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

demonduck

Kawaii Blob

26,800 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:43 am
I would agree with you, when talking about the best female for the doctor it has got to be Rose, hands down. I mean they do even have the universe connecting them with "Bad Wolf."
Martha yeah she jumped the gun into her love for the doctor and i personally didnt hold much to it since the doctor still obviously adored Rose. But i will admit i think she is more attractive. I also liked how she was more helpful than rose was at times because she did have a little more intelligence, though she was obviously older than 19 if she was a med student living on her own.
Rose's youth contributed to her charm too.

I like Jackie better than Martha's mum. She'd make a better in-law. Ha!

As for donna, i didnt really like her all that much at all for awhile but she did start getting better as the season went on. But she was no match for the doctor and they both made this very clear to one another and anyone who asked. and after the doctors whole issue with his past companions falling for him this probably was a good break for him. Just traveling with a mate.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff