Reply The Village
[ORP] The Village Proper Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Labmouse 5ive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:59 pm
"I don't see what else it would've been..." He shrugged, shaking his head. "Odds're against multiple islanders losin' their eyes th' same week. Funny, wouldn't've expected it t' be Lucas. He seemed a quieter sort when we met."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:02 pm
"I don't think he's been having a very... good time with his transformation." It was an attempt to keep Lucas's business mostly private, without going into details about his struggles, but still explaining somewhat to Thom. In the end, the statement was woefully inadequate, and sounded rather childish to Emelyn- who did have a "good time" with what they had been dealt? In the end, Emelyn just shrugged at the snake man and assumed he might know what she meant.  

Emelyn

Labmouse 5ive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:08 pm
Emelyn's comment initially provoked a laugh from Thom, but he quieted quickly. Transformations were always difficult, but some were harder than others... He wondered it Lucas had changed again from when they'd last met. "Well, let 'im know about the eye. Maybe it'll help if 'e can get it back, even if 'e can't actually, ahh...put it back in. In the mean time," he paused as the end of the trees came into site, nodding back into the jungle. "I'll be off, I think. Preparations to make an' all that."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:13 pm
"Alright," Emelyn said, though she didn't indicate- or even really know- what she was agreeing to. She was still at odds with the thought of Zach having been the cause of Lucas's disfigurement, and even at the idea that Lucas may have provoked it himself. He'd told her as much, though she'd chalked it up to so much confusion and maybe even a combination of self-admonishment and pity. Even the dark doctor's involvement confused her; even if they'd only met the once, and so long ago, he'd not given her the impression of a man with such sadistic tendencies. Although, to be fair, she supposed, how well is a girl on the verge of collapse to judge a man's character before he's even had a chance to develop it in the unique circumstances of Hell Island? She was not the best judge of character, assuming the best in all. Concussed, she was likely even less of a fair supposer. Suffice it to say, the whole matter hurt Emelyn's head, and she rubbed at her eyes again in a slight, cloying frustration.

"Alright," she repeated, "Well, you'll know where to find me... well... when you're ready." She said it softly.  

Emelyn

Labmouse 5ive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:22 pm
"It should be within the next few days," he assured her, drawing from earlier in their conversation. "If you don't hear from me in...oh, let's say a week, assume that it's off for whatever reason. Either way, I'll try an' contact you personally to let you know..." He turned as if to go, but paused and turned back to face her, reaching a hand to rest on her arm and give it a quick squeeze. "Again, thank you."  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:24 pm
"Don't thank me yet." But she accepted the squeeze and touched his arm as well, in return. It was as much as saying 'you're welcome' without admitting that she'd really committed herself to the act.  

Emelyn

Labmouse 5ive

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:27 pm
"Too late," he replied brightly and, with a nod goodbye, released her arm and started back through the trees the way they had come.  
The Village

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff