Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
An Endless Universe Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:20 pm
Its an evolutionary adaptation to their home planet. It effectively nullifies the Force 2 meters around the animal. This prevents its natural predator, the Vornskyr, from using its force sense to locate the Yslamiri.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:03 am
I never liked that. If a force user were to meet death at the hands of a yslamiri, they become nothing. They simply die.
Such a waste  

Jaden_Ordo

- The Trollslayer -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:27 am
Just wondering. I see that around 10 ABY Luke give in to the dark side a little bit to somehow take it down from the inside. I was just wondering where I could actually find this information (not wookiepedia). Im looking more for maybe a comic book, novel or Ebook that tells the tale of how luke fell to the Dark Side for that period. Meh  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:31 am
You need to find the Dark Empire Comic Book series, I and II.
That explains it all.  

Sol Walker
Crew

- The Trollslayer -

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:33 am
I always thought the yslamiri were kind of an iffy thing anyway. ZOMG THINGS THE NO FARCE CAN GO AROUND!!! Screw that. But i guess its what made the story happen. Thats pretty much the onlything I disliked about the Thrawn Trilogy. Just thought it was kind of corny.

Ah, ok. Thank you.

I enjoy wookiepedia but foot notes throughout the articles would be nice. But thats to much to ask for.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:36 am
Lamer things have been spawned by Star Wars Writers.
I point you in the direction of the Jedi Prince books.
Three eyed mutants, bearded hutts, and even worse.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:06 pm
I didn't mind the yslamiri, frankly. It was like the first thing in the universe which actually made a jedi crap his pants. And it wans't like the vong, which were really superfreaks, but just this annoying little lizard. Nothing strong, nothing important, but it'll screw up any jedi's day.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:21 pm
The Vong... they were a great enemy. In my book of hardcore villians it goes:

God: Mandos
Popes: Imperials
Cardinals: Vong
Bishops: Imperials again  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:41 am
In retrospect, my past anger at the Vong was undeserved.
They killed Chewie and Anakin Solo, and for that they angered me. But what I failed to grasp is that these guys werent like past enemies. They were tough and mean, capable of going up against even a heavy hitter like chewie.
I learned to embrace the Vong as a part of Star Wars, a part that deserved its place in the ongoing history of the GFFA.
Now that special place in my heart for utter and total contempt and anger is an open spot.
Currently Jacen Solo is battling Lucas for it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:05 pm
I really liked Jacen at first. Mainly... until Lumiya died. After she passed on he became worse than a pile of hutt excrement.  

Jaden_Ordo

Will Yaoi For Pocky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:06 pm
I never liked Jacen much. Jaina and Anakin are/were much cooler. But Zekk's the awesomest.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:52 pm
Who?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:43 pm
17 minutes to clone wars...  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:28 pm
Cale's opinion on the 1st two clone wars episodes:

Mixed bag leaning towards positive.
The first episode was alright, and it painted the Toydarians in a new light. They're no longer the filthy scrap mercants that watto made us believe they were. Now they got dignity.
Ventress as a character seems to have gone down hill. While I understand why she didnt stand against Yoda (because he's yoda), I dont understand why she didnt at least try to leave with some dignity. It was kind of shameless the way she fled from battle.
The almost Civil way in which Yoda and the Clones were tested harkened to a different age for me. Dont quite know how else to describe it but I kinda liked it.
The Separatist's Ion Pulse Cannon is a genius weapon, though I can spot several flaws in it.
Good ambush weapon.
Asoka isnt that annoying, but I really dont like her nickname for R2. Doesnt sound like a Nickname at all.
The Droid humor and the marionet style of animation was kinda starting to wear thin after a while.
Droid Hunter crews are a sick and twisted concept.
Plo Koon's Vac resistance is kind of a cop out.
Again great work on detail for armor, gear, weapons and vehicles.
The Twilight is starting to grow on me as a ship.

Over all i'd rate it a 6 out of 10. About what I'd give for the movie too.  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:01 pm
Lucky you and your eastern-time advantage... I still have to wait an hour
I downloaded the movie the other day though, having elected to avoid paying 8 bucks for what I had heard was sub-par. I watched it, and I'm gonna have to give it a 5/10. The fight scenes were fun, the animation style was interesting, and fresh, but the story, in my most humble opinion, sucked more than a gungan on steroids. I dunno, but it was about on par with AotC with overall entertainment value. Maybe a little less.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff